Csl

Ursa Madeum Noble Houses OOC

I feel I should mention something else among this magic talk. Not only can't Thurgood nor Aveline use magic, neither one can ever benifit from magic, no matter who uses it for what, but they're extra vulnerable to detrimental magical effects and attacks (as well as supernatural ones). In fact, benificial magic that's especially powerful or effective turns detrimental against them.

So all this magic make Thurgood and Aveline anxious and feel quite vulnerable.

Also, this is an idea I've been mentally tossing around: Aveline conceives a daughter through parthenogenesis (which can only produce a daughter in humanoids).

For land expansion threads, would I be able to expand House Singlance Territory into the Southern Sea between their spot on Corinth and Yh'mi? There is a lot of bauxite under that particular stretch of seabed.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, notmuch_23 said:

For land expansion threads, would I be able to expand House Singlance Territory into the Southern Sea between their spot on Corinth and Yh'mi? There is a lot of bauxite under that particular stretch of seabed.

OOC, I'm against it, but @Ataraxy still has the final word.

IC, it's a terrible idea to approach Yh'mi from any direction in general. Deep sea/ocean mining of the land-expansion scale would also probably be the type of thing that will get the Taen loci mad at you.

No airspace claiming.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:08 PM, Thotification said:

Who knows if someone might get shot down if they fly above another noble's land....

I mean, the assumption is that you own the air above the land you own, isn't it? Fly an unknown aircraft above the castle of andelusia and you're getting a polite visit from the empress.

Edited by Csl

12 minutes ago, Csl said:

Deep sea/ocean mining of the land-expansion scale would also probably be the type of thing that will get the Taen loci mad at you.

That would assume it's still within the Taen loci and not the Yh'mi loci though, right?

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

That would assume it's still within the Taen loci and not the Yh'mi loci though, right?

Yup. I checked the Terrenus map and UM is around 1300km from Yh'mi so I doubt any mining's going to happen far east enough that the Yh'mi loci starts bermuda triangling the miners. So Yh'mi's less of a concern, but Taen loci's still there and likely to take notice.

If anyone wants to mine in the sea near Yh'mi though, jaistlyn's probably the one to ask.

2 minutes ago, Csl said:

Yup. I checked the Terrenus map and UM is around 1300km from Yh'mi so I doubt any mining's going to happen far east enough that the Yh'mi loci starts bermuda triangling the miners. So Yh'mi's less of a concern, but Taen loci's still there and likely to take notice.

If anyone wants to mine in the sea near Yh'mi though, jaistlyn's probably the one to ask.

Well, Yh'mi is clearly a far more civilized and reasonable loci. So I definitely recommend that Singlance do his mining there. 😉 🤣

6 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Bad idea. 

Well, unless you want a horror flick, in which case it’s a good idea. 😃

What is more scary?

Your oil rig gets overrun with chhitten that might kill your crew if you don't shoot them first.

Your oil rig literally rusts away and collapses into the sea within weeks because the very air around is trying to tear it apart.

I think I'll take the enemy I can fight vs the enemy I can't. XD

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

What is more scary?

Your oil rig gets overrun with chhitten that might kill your crew if you don't shoot them first.

Your oil rig literally rusts away and collapses into the sea within weeks because the very air around is trying to tear it apart.

I think I'll take the enemy I can fight vs the enemy I can't. XD

Chitten is just level 1!