Csl

Ursa Madeum OOC

General chat thread for Ursa Madeum.

Feel free to throw plot ideas around, ask questions, or just chat with fellow Ursa Madeum roleplayers.

Be nice and don't bring IC conflict into OOC.

User Lore Index

Noble Houses | UM Noble House Discussion

The Svanhild Queendom

Oathblades

----Updated 7/17

Edited by Csl
updated

@notmuch_23

UM isn't my house so I want to make sure this is just taken as a suggestion from one member to another. But I saw at the end of your House page referencing a few different IRL countries to give people an idea of the tech level you're aiming at 

I made a "Terms and Definition" page and think that the level you're looking at is "modern tech"; how would you feel about replacing those countries with the words modern tech and linking back to that?

I think it'll let you be brief in that section, and also popularize my terms page - win/win if you think that's a win!

https://www.valucre.com/topic/39926-terms-and-definitions/

Edited by supernal

Hola! Vielle here with House Hildebrand ?

If you've got plans and you know it, clap your hands! ?? If you want to beat the Taens, clap your hands! ?? If you've got plans and you know it and you really wanna show it, if you want to beat the Taens, clap your hands! ??

My plan to overthrow the Taen empire is still a bit unfinished. I know I would like to incorporate all the pieces I have gathered since establishing House Uldwar. I'm not sure of the beginning but I know how I want it to end.

In the capital city of Andelusia there's going to be this big celebration to commemorate all the efforts to rebuild Ursa Madeum and to remove all traces of the tyrant Damien. Plenty of Taen government officials will be there in order to show good faith and to help usher in what they believe to be a new future for Ursa Madeum as a thriving Republic. Essentially the plan is that they intend on trying to slowly phase out the noble houses in favor of governors assigned by them to keep the peace. What they aren't aware of is the steps being taken for a bloody coup to drive back the Taen empire.

First there would be the implantation of House Uldwar soldiers heavily armed within the festival. Their gear and weapons will be hidden by clever garments sewn by the Thread House in Port Mars in Misral. Not only will there be foot soldiers on the ground, but the pirate ships under their control will also be in key positions to immediately begin firing on Taen ships in a surprise attack to cripple their response and provide a distraction for the soldiers to go for the government officials.

The goal is three fold, the first being the surprise attack to cripple the Taen navy, the second is to slaughter the Taen government officials with the group of warriors and the final one is to close the portal linking Ursa Madeum to Taen. Using the wizards he had been recruiting from the magical school recently constructed on Misral the officials are either dead or taken hostage, the ships are destroyed and the portal is closed. 

17 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

My plan to overthrow the Taen empire is still a bit unfinished. I know I would like to incorporate all the pieces I have gathered since establishing House Uldwar. I'm not sure of the beginning but I know how I want it to end.

In the capital city of Andelusia there's going to be this big celebration to commemorate all the efforts to rebuild Ursa Madeum and to remove all traces of the tyrant Damien. Plenty of Taen government officials will be there in order to show good faith and to help usher in what they believe to be a new future for Ursa Madeum as a thriving Republic. Essentially the plan is that they intend on trying to slowly phase out the noble houses in favor of governors assigned by them to keep the peace. What they aren't aware of is the steps being taken for a bloody coup to drive back the Taen empire.

First there would be the implantation of House Uldwar soldiers heavily armed within the festival. Their gear and weapons will be hidden by clever garments sewn by the Thread House in Port Mars in Misral. Not only will there be foot soldiers on the ground, but the pirate ships under their control will also be in key positions to immediately begin firing on Taen ships in a surprise attack to cripple their response and provide a distraction for the soldiers to go for the government officials.

The goal is three fold, the first being the surprise attack to cripple the Taen navy, the second is to slaughter the Taen government officials with the group of warriors and the final one is to close the portal linking Ursa Madeum to Taen. Using the wizards he had been recruiting from the magical school recently constructed on Misral the officials are either dead or taken hostage, the ships are destroyed and the portal is closed. 

You sure are ambitious my guy

12 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Splendid. There's already two rebellion plots brewing.

Some clarifications though: as far as I know we don't have a festival planned, at least, not an official government one. With Titus "disappeared" I imagine there's little being done by the Taen empire in UM aside from helping with food distribution and such, and as for the IC-government activities - shoot me a pm, and we'll discuss it in detail

The celebration could be hosted by House Uldwar - maybe they invite the other houses and Taen government to "celebrate" UM's liberation from King Damien. (Also that way you could excuse having armed House Uldwar soldiers present) Also I don't think Taen has ships of its own, unless they've taken control of King Damien's fleet (whatever that may be) The portal is also made of worldrift magic, which is nearly impossible to control except by Mork'Outh mages who keep their craft a well-guarded secret.

Though a thread where House Ulward bribes Mork'Outh to betray their homeland would be really cool.

In the meantime, though, let's all wait for all the houses to properly es tablish themselves and for me to establish Taen's Queen's arrival before we do any major Empire-shattering plots ^_^