Sign in to follow this  
supernal

Updates: Canon and General

Consider this your one-stop shop for updates to Terrenus lore and canon updates. Links to, and summaries about, roleplay threads and events whose writers have successfully completed the canonization process, as well as changes that I make to the landing page, to the lore, tags or boards created or removed, etc and so on.

The standard baseline for a qualifying canon event is one full page, which is made with 15 posts. 

Don't anticipate that I, as Terrenus, will roleplay out minor details - I simply don't have the bandwidth for it, and lack the desire even if I had the time. I can't keep up with every possible thread and response to all possible actions. Terrenus is big! So if things get blown up (or burned down, or infested with a zombie virus), anticipate that they'll get fixed even if players don't actively roleplay this. 1 month (OOC or IC) is the average repair time.

Below is a rule of thumb table I use to guide decisions about when to include player areas on maps or consider them for their own tag. None of this is guaranteed as I don't make decisions on the basis of activity alone and will look for things like availability, how well the lore is managed, how the creator interacts with the community, and so on.

• Tag in Cities or Wilds = 150 posts
  • Map inclusions = 300 posts
  • Board = N/A | TBD

Update to Taen

Chasing Zengi's Gauntlet: A group of individuals led by powerful necromancer Lilith Reiter trekked to the Mountain Quadrant of Taen and obtained the S-class artifact, Zengi's right gauntlet. Through the power of the gauntlet, a powerful undead servant was created to kill and absorb the life energy of its victims to feed the gauntlet's hunger.

Lilith has claimed Zengi's gauntlet as an S-class artifact

Update to Ashville

Ruin has come to Ashville: As a result of the Maw sweeping through and devouring Ashville, all that remains of the city are grayed cobblestone ruins, dusty glass and dirt. Wood, metal and all living material has been exhumed from the city. The area also appears to be significantly colder, and the environment looks grey and lifeless. The City of Ashville has been destroyed, with major loss of life, and even greater displacement of its citizens into Aspyn and Hyperion.

Note1 - as can be seen from the summary a majority of people were able to avoid death because they saw the warning signs and got out while the getting was good. If your character has a stake in Ashville, such as a business or some relation, it's fine to have had them scram earlier on

Note2 - Ashville will no longer be a city setting in Terrenus. The tag and map spot are being removed. It can still be played in as a ruin, as described in the canon post linked here

Note3 - For continuity purposes, this takes place later in 597 WTA / 29 AO, so as to allow the events in the Raid on Last Chance to resolve neatly where referencing an intact Ashville.

Edited by supernal

As a result of phase 2 / phase 3 of the civil war and some other canon type stuff, the following areas have been added to the Terrenus map on the landing page

1. Aligoria
  2. Anima
  3. Aspyn
  4. Chesterfield
  5. COTH
  6. Everrun
  7. Nesthome
  8. Temple City

Tags for all of these locations have been added to the Wilds board

Edited by supernal

Update to Casper

A great plague: Necromancer Lilith Reiter and her contracted follower, a werewolf named Ziva, spread an incredibly contagious and potent plague refined by an S-class artifact around the city of Casper. Within days tens of thousands will have been infected with the mysterious disease, thousands already dead at its hands.