Diremast

Welcome to the Festival of Blades (Ursa Madeum)

In celebration of the legacy of the legendary and ancient Order of the Sword Saints, the most noble and well respected House of Dali is organizing and hosting a Festival of Blades that is going to be held in Ursa Madeum.

The event serves to praise the beauty and art of sword fighting in the form of the clashing of blades and spilled blood in heated combat. Word has been sent far and wide at great expense to invite the most naturally talented and renowned warriors both within Terrenus and surrounding continents. The festival will be divided into two acts, all with different types of challenges for the participants to conquer. Should you not wish to partake in the combat there will be a place where people attending the spectacle will be able to socialize during and between the acts. The fighting and the socializing will be in different threads to avoid confusion.  

You can also apply to be part of a pre-selected jury for each Act. The jury will act in character to vote and give reasoning to their vote to settle disputes and other matters that might rise up. Note that because the jury need to be as unbiased as possible you cannot fight within a act that you are also controlling a jury member for.

Please post below if you want to partake in the fighting, be in a jury or just want to attend the event to give homage to the legacy of the Sword Saints, partake in conversations or just watch the fighting. This event will also lay the foundation of the return of the Order of the Sword Saints. Should you be interested to join the order then please tell me here or PM me in private and we can discuss it in more detail.  

___Act I___

TiCdPoI.jpg

Singles Exhibition

The ultimate showdown to settle superiority. Keep your wits about you, to read your opponent, take advantage of their mistakes and outmaneuver them to claim victory. At the end of the day there can only be one, the question is do you have it what it takes to claim victory against your opponent?

Rules & Regulations

Victory will be achieved by points in best of three rounds. For each round a maximum of five posts by each participant is allowed and the winner of each round will be decided by who has the advantage after said moves. If nobody has advantage after five moves the round will be draw. Should the final round be considered a draw, an additional sudden death round will be had where the winner will be determined. Should any participant not post within a reasonable time they will be given a 24 hour warning to post or be considered to have yielded and their opponent will be victorious.

Any disputes or other matters that might rise up will be settled by a pre-selected jury.

Participants

Sabine Fenvaris (House Senaria) @Deus Ex Aizen

Iyalon Izora (House Hildebrand) @ourlachesism

Mōmoku Akuja Kenshi @Etched in Stone

Eshara Dominic @Fierach

Taira no Kōgyoku (Order of the Blue Orchid) @Bujutsu

Abigail Karradeen @Tyler

Jinsoku Hayabusa (Order of Force Majeure) @Twitterpated

Sir Gerald Ultin (The Dogs of War) @Grubbistch

Sir Marshall Gamesly (The Dogs of War) @Grubbistch

___Act II___

0tWBQpq.jpg

Horde Survival Exhibition

Battle the most vicious and fierce monsters from the wilds of Terrenus. Survive and claim glory or perish and become lunch food. Display your skills in combat while you compete against fellow warriors to slay the most beasts before the last creature lays dead on the ground. But be careful or the hunter may very well become the hunted.

Rules & Regulations

Victory will be achieved by the participant with the most points at the end of the a classic exhibition of horde mode. Outsmart your fellow participants to prove yourself at the superior hunter. Injuries to beasts will grant points between 1-3 due to severity of the injury inflicted to the target. Kills will always grant 5 point to the participant striking the killing blow. Should two or more participant strike a killing blow together they will all be granted 5 points.  

Any disputes or other matters that might rise up will be settled by a pre-selected jury.

Participants

Iyalon Izora (House Hildebrand) @ourlachesism

Mōmoku Akuja Kenshi @Etched in Stone

Jinsoku Hayabusa (Order of Force Majeure) @Twitterpated

Makiel Thorend @Fennis Ursai

Should you want to join as a fight please also post a link to any character sheet and also if you are representing any land/organization etc.

Please note that this event is to celebrate the aspect of sword fighting, therefore any weapons that are not bladed ones are not permitted, nor is the use of magic or other similar abilities. Although Valucre is mild power, this even shall be in the Enhanced Realism power scale, meaning that your character will be limited to that scale during the fights. Below you will find some basic info regarding the power levels allowed.

Allowed

Enhanced Strength

Enhanced Speed

Enhanced Reflexes

Enhanced Agility

Any skills or techniques based on the above will be allowed.

Not allowed

Magic of any kind

Telekinesis or other mental powers

Elemental manipulation

Any skills or techniques based on the above will be not be allowed.

These are not fights to the death but rather exhibitions so you can use that to explain why your character would hold back.

If you have any questions feel free to post them below and I will answer. More info will come regarding the event itself. Rules and other content might change to better cater to the enjoyment players. While the fights will be in T1 style the idea is that it will be quite the casual event, the main goal is not to determine the most skilled individual in T1 combat but rather the fun aspect of each participant.

Edited by Diremast

9 minutes ago, ourlachesism said:

COUNT ME IN! 😃 For socialization and fighting, yes! 👀

Just let me know which Act you would be interested in when you have decided and you're in!! 🙂

Please also tell what character you want to be using and link to your character sheet if you have one. 

4 hours ago, Grubbistch said:

Lord Oscar Uldwar will be in with acts one, two and three

Welcome Lord Uldwar, may you find glory in the heat of fierce combat! 

Fight well.

4 hours ago, Fennis Ursai said:

I'm following suit. I'm interested as all hell just need to decide who among my gaggle of psychopaths wants it the most.

You may have different characters attending each act should you like. Also in the singlesyou may have two characters.

We shall await your decision. 

6 hours ago, Aleksei said:

Imma just put there here so I can return to it later. 

Then I hope that nothing shall forestall your return. 

1 hour ago, Ataraxy said:

Out of curiosity, when do you see this event starting? I'd like to be a judge/ jury person but I'm uncertain of whether it conflicts with some RL priorities. 

A timeframe has not yet been determined. 

Should I put you up as an interested party and then should you not be able to attend as a member of then there shall be no hard feelings whatsoever. The more the marrier in the jury! 

1 hour ago, Deus Ex Aizen said:

[ Lurks, awaiting... ]

No lollygaggin'

But I have to decide if I'll have time to participate...thinking about my knight, Sabine. I want more combat focus with her because she lost her arm recently. I want her to git gud at kicking ass with one arm.

Color me interested, but I'll have to see what my schedule allows when I get back.

9 minutes ago, Diremast said:

A timeframe has not yet been determined. 

Should I put you up as an interested party and then should you not be able to attend as a member of then there shall be no hard feelings whatsoever. The more the marrier in the jury! 

No lollygaggin'

In that case, add me to that list my friend!