Jump to content
Jotnotes

Not All Floods Involve Water [OOC]

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Jotnotes said:

With the thread concluded, we have some minor housekeeping to do.

@Neondragon7I would ask for a small blurb for Tradetown's page. It only needs to cover Xylex's contributions to Tradetown (monetary or otherwise), projects he is personally invested in, and what kind of influence his investments into the town have resulted in.

Is Xylex on very good terms with other Guild Masters? Does he actively import or sell goods through Tradetown? 

This part is entirely up to you, though I will ask you avoid taking a large role in Tradetown if you don't have the time commitment available.

In other words: No big factories, installations or mass conversion of humans and rats into fursonas. Xylex's involvement can be broad an influential, but only as far as you are willing to spend time building upon it.

 

Otherwise I'll just omit his efforts entirely, to preserve community integrity. 

Alright give me some time I’ll try to make something

i won’t go big but I’ll do something a little more than the bare minimum that suggests some things might be going on so that way if someone wants to build off that they can ask me in their free time I’ll need ro reread the post so I have a better idea of what I’m doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neondragon7 said:

Alright give me some time I’ll try to make something

i won’t go big but I’ll do something a little more than the bare minimum that suggests some things might be going on so that way if someone wants to build off that they can ask me in their free time I’ll need ro reread the post so I have a better idea of what I’m doing.

Oh, before I forget; we will need to roleplay opening a gate for Xylex, as Warp Gates currently do not function.

The Skaven may have some warpstone beneath their current city, but it will take time to excavate and fashion into a proper gate, which will be installed in Nesthome, rather than Tradetown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jotnotes said:

Oh, before I forget; we will need to roleplay opening a gate for Xylex, as Warp Gates currently do not function.

The Skaven may have some warpstone beneath their current city, but it will take time to excavate and fashion into a proper gate, which will be installed in Nesthome, rather than Tradetown.

Will this be another thread or a continuation?

second question where would you like me to post the tradetown page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neondragon7 said:

Will this be another thread or a continuation?

second question where would you like me to post the tradetown page?

This will likely be set up as another thread sometime in the future.

If this is something Xylex has particular need of (and Board Leaders are cool with it) we may start it sooner rather than later, but I want to feel out the room first, see what flies.

You may post the blurb here. From there, I will trim it down and add Xylex as a Guild Master, and a link to his character page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may actually want to develop a large factory something that would benefit us both. 

But before that I’d lie to take a practical step in development 

power

what would it take to place in a single 300MW neuclear reactor to power the area and perhaps other ambitions

Edited by Neondragon7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neondragon7 said:

I may actually want to develop a large factory something that would benefit us both. 

But before that I’d lie to take a practical step in development 

power

what would it take to place in a single 300MW neuclear reactor to power the area and perhaps other ambitions

I will say, upfront, that I'm pretty uncomfortable with letting you build a nuclear reactor in the middle of the woods. Currently Tradetown and Nesthome have a 'dungeonpunk' theme going on, where magic and pragmatism lead the way. While a nuclear reactor might be efficient, I don't really think it's a reasonable, or even fun means of powering the town, or a factory for that matter.

Alternatively, I would suggest finding other power sources. Warpstone, for example, seems to be a magic-based, lore-friendly material capable of moving matter through the Warp and across the continent. It's not inconceivable that we could harness it to produce power, build weapons, and whatever else comes to mind. I would say that's a more interesting and engaging alternative to a nuclear reactor.

Not to mention aesthetically appealing. I say this with love, but I hate nuclear reactors, nukes, and pretty much everything about them. Fuck Chernobyl, fuck cataclysmic meltdowns, and fuck the stupid tower things that get built to house the stupid things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

I will say, upfront, that I'm pretty uncomfortable with letting you build a nuclear reactor in the middle of the woods. Currently Tradetown and Nesthome have a 'dungeonpunk' theme going on, where magic and pragmatism lead the way. While a nuclear reactor might be efficient, I don't really think it's a reasonable, or even fun means of powering the town, or a factory for that matter.

Alternatively, I would suggest finding other power sources. Warpstone, for example, seems to be a magic-based, lore-friendly material capable of moving matter through the Warp and across the continent. It's not inconceivable that we could harness it to produce power, build weapons, and whatever else comes to mind. I would say that's a more interesting and engaging alternative to a nuclear reactor.

Not to mention aesthetically appealing. I say this with love, but I hate nuclear reactors, nukes, and pretty much everything about them. Fuck Chernobyl, fuck cataclysmic meltdowns, and fuck the stupid tower things that get built to house the stupid things.

 

I like the idea 

it’s cheap power that causes relatively minimal environmental damage during operation all while still being very efficient and powerful 

plus becuase of the amount energy fission produces you don’t need a lot of materials to power it

i mean look at France it’s not like I hear much about them being in constant peril from their nuclear reactors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Neondragon7 said:

I like the idea 

it’s cheap power that causes relatively minimal environmental damage during operation all while still being very efficient and powerful 

plus becuase of the amount energy fission produces you don’t need a lot of materials to power it

i mean look at France it’s not like I hear much about them being in constant peril from their nuclear reactors 

I don't care about France.

More to the point, I don't actually care about Nuclear Energy to begin with. I would rather something else, that feels more fantastical and at-home in a fantasy environment.

I get that maybe that's not how your character does things, but that's how Nesthome is going to do things, and you can roll with it, or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

I don't care about France.

More to the point, I don't actually care about Nuclear Energy to begin with. I would rather something else, that feels more fantastical and at-home in a fantasy environment.

I get that maybe that's not how your character does things, but that's how Nesthome is going to do things, and you can roll with it, or not.

No no I have no problem doing things your way. I always like fantasy inspired by science I need time before actually coming to you with something anyhow becuase exams are coming up and I always appear to be swamped with absurd homework that goes a decent ways outside of the lecture so it gives me time to think of something a little more whimsical I guess? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I may already have an idea for a more interesting energy source, what would you say to a volatile magic reactor? 

Something that gathers two types of counteractive mana from the surrounding area such as the trees and something else, dumps it into water and uses the heat of the volatile reaction to turn that water into a supercritical fluid to spin a dual turbine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds more amenable, sure.

I'd be okay with it, provided that its function is to power whatever industrial buildings Xylex wants to construct. The town itself ideally should not use electricity for anything, even street lighting or heating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...