Dolor Aeternum

[Event] Darkness and Havoc - Illyria Arrives

Character Name: Luz Yllende

Objective: Protect her Light

Luz watched Arashi struggle, the thin display of the device on her arm letting her know that the integrity of her netting was holding up to whatever reserve strength the draconic girl had. The wriggling girl failed to produce any reaction out of the Illyrian woman who was distracted by the sudden movement of the Mistress into the void and ultimately the success of Heron’s device. Luz’ eyes widened and her mouth parted in surprise. The cube was left suspended in the air with volatile energy that he knew they fully intended to study not only to attempt to further acquaint themselves with the source but for further advances. Acquiring the ability to disrupt the balance of the barriers between realms could prove advantageous if regulated correctly.

She was about to move away from Arashi until the girl decided to speak up and her words actually caused Luz to respond. “You are the foolish one girl, unable to control power that many strive to have. This situation you find yourself in is of your own doing and no amount of threats will free you from paying for your mistake”. Luz turned over to her Light, noticing the man was distracted and addressed him with an authority that tended to pierce the attentions of most of her peers.

“My Light, what do you want me to do with her? She is a danger to those around her. Shall I sedate and confine her until we figure out how to neutralize her volatility?”

@Metty

Character Name: Raylon Tekker and Heron

Objective: End this once and for all.

Heron did not have time to retract his hand once the Mistress grabbed the device and threw herself into the nearby rift. All he mustered was a few words as he watched the woman’s body disappear and his device begin to absorb the volatile energy the rift contained.

“Well…better her than me…”

There were moments where it seemed the cubical device comprised of crystals would not hold as its structure vibrated violently and flared with energy. After about a minute, the rift unceremoniously ceased to exist and left the storage device hovering in the air for several seconds before it fell on the ground. Raylon, still in shock over the slew of chaotic events that had just occurred, did not register any moment of satisfaction or joy in what was a successful trial of Marigold’s plan. If it hadn’t been for Luz’ voice jarring him out of his own thoughts, he might have remained frozen there in confusion. Presented with the fate of Arashi in his hands, the king turned to Marigold who the girl seemed to call father and awkwardly posed his next question.

“Marigold, thank you for your help thus far. It looks like we will be able to remedy this situation quickly once we inform everyone of this solution…”

Raylon turned to Heron for a moment to speak to the older man.

“Heron, start informing the rest of the Scientific Division concerning these cubes and begin organizing deployment.”

Heron distanced himself from the group and seemed to be talking to someone as he moved toward Ana who looked confused but at least she wasn’t crying. Raylon quickly turned back to Marigold.

“Marigold…I feel compelled to ask for your input regarding this girl who described you as her father. She is dangerously volatile and I could not in good conscious release her without doing all I can to ensure she does not harm others. What do you believe is best for her at this time?”

There was no guarantee that Marigold’s words would sway Raylon in any way from heeding Luz’ suggestions which were as pragmatic as ever. That did not mean that Marigold could not affect Arashi’s fate, however. It would seem the girl needed an advocate but did she deserve one?

@Djinn&Juice