cloakedHacker

Pride and Larceny

For the most part, the marsh was quiet, in terms as in there hadn't been much commotion of chaos yet. However, there was the sound of toads croaking, birds flying up and through the trees and the occasional soft rustle of grass and plants as rabbits or squirrels made their way through the underbrush. It was a fairly warm and sunny day, a soft breeze that would whisper through the leafy canopy overhead of the wetland. At the edge of the marsh and trees was a soft humming, almost too small and quiet to be heard by most, but it was undeniably there if you were to have a keen sense of hearing or if you were perhaps to be a fae.

On a high branch stood a tiny creature, looking out to the young city of Mezthaluen, a city just on the outskirt of the Bloodstone Marsh, as she murmured a tune. The creature was a small girl, only standing at a height of a few inches under a foot, leaning her shoulder against the trunk of the tree. She looked content, her loot of the day set on the branch beside her, which consisted of few gold coins and pieces, a somewhat damaged locket necklace and because today seemed to be her lucky day, the small sprite had managed to lift and sneak away with a silver pocket-watch. Fae never had any use for the pocket-watches that the girl would steal from the nearby cities, but they were always a jackpot considering all the different pieces and gears in the chronometer that could be taken apart and used for multiple reasons. The sprite tucked a piece of her short, white hair behind her pierced, pointed ear before reaching down and sliding the golden coins between the cream-colored sash belt and her hip, looping the defaced locket around her shoulder like a satchel and lifting the somewhat heavy pocket-watch into her arms. She truly looked like the epitome of avarice as the fae lept from the branch, allowing her speedy wings to carry her further into the marshland. 

"Iridia!" A familiar voice had called out to the flittering thief as she had made her way through the trees. "You were told to stop going to the city!"

"Oops!" The sprite called back sarcastically as she continued on her way, looking every which way.

Iridia had a favorite mechanic she would always bring her looted tickers too, however, she found that it wasn't the best idea to steal from a grease monkey because, well.. there's slippery grease and oil. Hence, being banned and pummeled a bit, the sprite was looking for a sign of another, a shop of some sorts that she had been told about by a friend that could take apart the watch for her. In the trees of the marsh were multiple little homes and places of business for fae, expertly hidden from prying eyes and others that would come through the wetland looking for the Bloodstone. Carrying her loot from the day still, the white-haired sprite found a specific arrangement of mushrooms she was keeping an eye out for around the base of a tall, green ash tree. Immediately flying upwards into the branches and leaves, Iridia found the establishment she had been looking for. It was a different mechanics shop, one that she hopefully wouldn't get kicked out of as soon as stepping through the doorway. 

Iridia set the pocket-watch down on the tree branch, rolling it on its side with her as she walked up to the little wooden door. Pushing it open, the smallest little chime of a bell went off in the shop, her mismatched eyes scanning around the establishment in curiosity. The sprite stood in front of the door, assuming the owner of the shop was in the back, the ticker resting against her hip, a little hum of interest coming from the girl. In the light of the shop, it was almost as if Iridia's light brown skin had a warm glow to it, her pearly hair in messy waves and curls, a calm and confident look upon her attractive features, knowing she'd be able to easily convince the owner to take apart the watch for her.

Rashvana was having a slow day. Her shop was open of course, but she’s only had one or two regulars come inside to have their human stuff fixed. Most of her customers were fairies trying to get their human friends things fixed, watches, rings, anything her tiny hands laid on she could fix. Inside her shop was very earthy, being inside of a tree did that very easily. The smell of roasted cinnamon and vanilla wafted through the air, and the tinkerer was sat on a small thimble in the back, sipping her tea when she heard the bell chime. She sat up, and moved her goggles from her face onto the top of her head, brushing away any of the light icy blue curls away from her face. She stood, and she brushed her hands over her apron. Just outside the door she saw a new face, someone she hasn’t seen before. She walked towards the small door that separated her from the front of the shop, and she’s walked towards the counter. Compared to this girl she must’ve looked very pale. Her icy skin and smaller frame were nothing like the fae in front of her. “Welcome to Ice Maiden’s, what can I do for you?” She asked. Her voice was high pictures but soft, like the tinkering of a tiny bell. She raised a brow at her, she looked familiar, she didn’t know why. 

Iridia usually had a pretty good charisma, she was a snake with words when it best suited her and found it easy to convince others to be on her side or help with certain tasks, but once the pretty voice of the shop owner rang out to the sprite, her bright eyes were torn away from looking at trinkets and tools around and focused on the pale fae behind the counter. Iridia usually had flushed cheeks, but once spotting Rashvana, the tips of her small pointed ears and face had turned a shade redder. That charisma had flown out the window, which usually happened with Iridia when faced with another girl. Her eyebrows knitted together in concentration as she rolled the pocket-watch closer to the counter, keeping her mismatched eyes to the floor.

"Just need ya to take this apart for me and salvage as many pieces as you can," Iridia spoke up, her gaze shifting to the silvery watch beside her, her hand moving to fidget with the button that would pop open the watch. "Last time I tried takin' out all the parts myself, I completely busted it up."

The sprite looked back up to the mechanic for a moment before focusing on something a bit passed her, an item towards the back some that caught her attention. A soft noise came from the shorter girl, something rumbling in her chest and causing her palms and fingers to itch with want. Iridia could always admire a lovely face, but she was greed incarnate, and when something that could be worth a bit of money was in her sight, nothing else seemed to matter. Quickly returning her focus to Rashvana, the sprite smiled sweetly and innocently, tucking that same stubborn lock of hair behind her blushed ear.

"I know you probably fix more things rather than taking them apart, but I was hoping you'd still be able to do it since the mechanic in the maple couldn't.."

Rashvana took in the girl before her, and she smiled softly. Her tanned skin contrasted against the girl's stark white hair, and her hair was beautiful indeed. She loved white hair, she saw it a lot back home before she left. However, once she spoke she looked at the silver pocket watch she was rolling with her hand. She instantly noticed the blush that reddened her face, and she giggled softly. What could she honestly be blushing about? It wasn't her surely, her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and her face and hands were stained with oil and grease. Her large blue eyes narrowed once she spoke again. 

"Take it apart?" She asked, and she propped her elbow on the counter. This was an odd request. "I'm not so su-" She started to say, but when she said that the Mechanic in Maple wouldn't do it, she grinned to herself. "Of course she can't, she's not nearly as good as I am." She boasted a bit, and she pointed to the counter. "Pop it up on the counter, and then I'll see what I can do." She said, and she walked towards the back to go grab her magnifying glass, which was just a large shard of glass she used. She came back to the counter, placed the shard on the counter beside her. 

Behind her in her workroom, there was a gauntlet she was working on, that shot small barbs that could hold any poison the user desired. There were still some twinks to work out, but she was close to done. It was made of gold and copper, which made for a striking design. On the sides leaves of ivy were etched, which took her the longest to do, using a small hot rod of metal to work out the details. And on the top, near the writs joint, was a small emerald band that wrapped around it. She didn't plan on selling it, it took her too long to make and it was precious to her. She smiled as Iridia placed the watch on the counter, and she began to inspect it. As she looked at it, she grinned. 

"This is made of pure silver, no nickles or zinc to muddle the metal." She said, and she pressed the large button on the top, and it popped open. On the inside the watch face ticked at her. She ran her hand over the glass that covered it. "This will be a bit difficult, but I know I can take it apart for you." 

Rashvana turned to go get her magnifying glass, allowing the tanned sprite to look back at the gauntlet just barely poking itself into view, almost teasing and beckoning Iridia to take it. She lifted the pocket-watch up to the counter easily, still admiring the shining design and jewels, hands shaking from eagerness. However, she knew she'd have to wait for her chance. The taller fae turned back with her shard of glass just as Iridia retuned her gaze to the watch, now placed on the counter, as she readjusted the locket wrapped around her shoulder. 

Iridia watched silently as Rashvana inspected the chronometer, listening as she spoke of the pure metal while opening the watch. The sprite found herself studying the pale girl on the other side of the counter rather than the time-keeper, taking note of her lovely silvery eyes and soft looking hair pulled up into a ponytail, noticing the way her physiognomy moved as she examined her work. There was a strand of icy blue hair that fell in front of Rashvana's face, over the goggles atop of her head, as she began to come to her conclusion. Oh, how so badly Iridia wanted to move it away from her features. The sprite froze where she stood, an odd look crossing her face as she mentally reminded herself to quit being such an idiot around girls. Her eyebrows furrowed again, lips pursed tightly, eyes squinted a bit as she stood awkwardly while the mechanic determined she'd be able to take it apart.

"A-Ah! Great!" Iridia spoke up, her mind snapping back to business. "Payment or trade?" 

The sprite looked just a bit flustered as she reached for the few golden coins tucked between her hip and sash. A lot of the fae in the area tended to trade, it was easier and made more sense as they all relied on each others resources in their community, but there was also the option of payment using the human currency from the city of Mezthaluen. Because there were quite a few of the fae from the marsh that had human friends from said city, they tended to take the currency to give to their friends to have them buy items or foods or use it themselves if they were brave enough to venture on their own in the town.

This was the most expensive looking piece Rashvanna had seen in a while, she looked at the tanned fae again, and wondered where she could have gotten such a beautiful item. Looking back at the watch she didn't notice that Iridia was watching her with such attention, she really didn't notice that sort of thing ever. She didn't believe she was much of an eyecather to begin with, when she was young her mother would continuously tell her that her looks were not important, that her work was all that mattered. Her looks weren't going to make her family rich, her work was. Her mother would tell her she wasn't pretty enough anyway to worry about such a thing, so she never did. She always focused on what was in front of her, and looking back up at the white haired fae, she was. She straightened herself, and brushed away the loose curl, tucking it behind a pointed ear. She blinked a few times before she really saw what this girl looked like. Her eyes were most curious, she's never seen someone with two different coloured eyes before.It was like looking into the a meadow, where the flowers were bright and vibrant, looking back at her. She swore they glistened at her.  She stared a little longer than she was supposed too, before a blush crept to her face also. Clearly flustered, she coughed, and turned her head away to avoid looking at her. 

"Payment is fine! T-two gold pieces!" She said, a little loudly, this only embarrassed her more. Why couldn't she be normal? 

Anywho, human currency was large, and golden, so she would melt it down to use for other projects. Once she handed over the two large pieces, she stored them under the counter in a chest she had, and locked it away. She scooped the large watch into her arms, and she carried it to the back. She looked over her shoulder, and gestured with her head. "Come on then." She said. "Do you have a sack for all this? You're gonna need it when I'm finished." She said, her voice carrying to the front of the shop, where she had left Iridia. Once in the back of the shop, Rashvana moved some of the other things she was working on, and she sat back down on her thimble. "There's another thimble next to me if you wish to sit down." She said, and she pulled her goggles back over her eyes, so she could focus on the project ahead. She greased her hands, and worked on taking the watch apart. She worked first on removing the glass dome over the watch's face, which she did using a small piece of iron that she worked into a sort of crowbar shape. She tried not to break the glass, as she wanted to keep as many things intact as possible. 

Edited by Witches Brew

The fae across from her answered a bit loudly, causing Iridia to jump a bit, worry starting to sink into her chest, hoping she hadn't been caught ogling. She cleared her throat awkwardly, sliding the two coins away from her hip, setting them onto the counter beside the watch. The taller girl took them, hiding them away in a chest and locking them away which immediately reminded Iridia to the task at hand. She felt incredibly dumb, allowing herself to get distracted easily by such a pretty face. Rashvana took the pocket-watch and turned to head to the back of the shop, nodding for the sprite to follow. Adjusting the dented locket she carried over her shoulder still, Iridia walked around the divider to follow after the pale fae, her mismatched gaze immediately finding the beautiful gauntlet she had been admiring just as much as the mechanic who had made it. Coming closer, Iridia was able to see all the detail and hard work put into the piece, the etched leaves, the sparkling molded gold, the lovely emeralds bright enough to beckon anyone to wear it. 

"There's another thimble next to me if you wish to sit down." Rashvana's wonderful voice called out to the shorter fae, drawing her out of her materialistic trance. 

"A-Aye, thank you." Iridia spoke, taking a seat beside the mechanic, pushing herself back just a tad to be sure she was out of the way. "As for a sack? No, but I'm sure I'll manage somehow." 

The tanned girl watched as the mechanic replaced her goggles over her eyes, her full attention on pulling apart the entirety of the ticker. Iridia sort of admired that attention, in all honesty. It was easy for the girl to focus when she was doing her own line of work (stealing, pulling scams, planning, pick-pocketing, the usual) however, currently she seemed to be a bit distracted with something, or someone, who kept catching her eye as well. Shifting on her thimble to slide the locket from her shoulder to the floor beside her seat, Iridia seemed to be drawn between the pale fae at work and the glimmering gauntlet that sat simply to tease the thief.

Eyeing the piece, Iridia tried to determine how much it could go for. She would have to travel to a different place in order for it to sell, as she knew well enough not to try and make the money in this spot of the marsh. The smaller girl tilted her head slightly in thought as she took apart the article in her mind, determining how much it could go for, how much money and items she could milk for such an item. Her jaw ticked, resting her elbow on her knee, placing her chin in her palm. Even if no one wanted it as a whole, other mechanics or metal forgers would want the copper and gold, jewelers would want those emeralds. It would benefit Iridia very much so if she were to take it. 

Opening her mouth to ask about the gauntlet, the sprite lost the words as her gaze wandered back over to the mechanic. Rashvana seemed so focused on taking apart the watch, being careful not to accidentally break or damage any of the pieces that she pulled from the time-keeper. She was gentle with her work, her hands expertly and easily able to dismember the trinket, hair falling down her back from her ponytail, an aura around her that Iridia adored and wanted to get to know. It caused a bit of a twinge of guilt in her heart as the sprite decided that her own covetous intentions were more important. 

Rashvana couldn't help but blush as she felt Iridia slide in next to her, and she smiled as she worked. She didn't know why she was letting this fae get to her, she usually was very professional, but something about her made her feel warm inside. She shimmied herself on her thimble, trying to get more comfortable whilst working. Once she got the dome off, everything else came easy. When Iridia said she didn't have a sack, she grabbed a spare one she had, and began placing the pieces carefully inside the burlap sack she created. She polished each piece before placing each piece in the bag. She would try to steal glances at the tanned fae beside her, and sometimes she could catch the fae looking at the gauntlet on the other table. 

"Curious?" She asked her. She lifted her head, and she reached over, and grasped the gauntlet in her small hands. She turned the piece over and handed it to Iridia, letting her get a closer look at it. "I crafted it after seeing some Human blacksmith in the city. Fae don't really have a need for weapons, but it's dangerous for us out there, especially since mobs and gangs are popping up outside the city." She explained. She pointed to a small slit on top, and traced the line with a slim finger. "Here is where you place a small dart, and you can lace it with poison, or a paralysis potion, or whatever you'd want." She then pointed to the emeralds. "I found these on some human corpse I encountered, dirty business I assume, but he wasn't going to use them." She smiled at the girl, blush still on her cheeks. She turned back to the trinket she was tasked with, nearly finished while she let Iridia look at the gauntlet. She wasn't aware of the malicious intent of the girl. She just thought she wanted more reason to come back to the shop. Once she finished with the watch, she polished the silver casing, so much so that it shone, and she held it up to the light of her oil lamp. "There we go." She said, and she stuffed the last bit into the sack. "Tis finished." She said, and she held out the sack to the girl. "I realize I've never told you my name. I'm Rashvana." She introduced herself, flustered that she forgot her manners for a moment, 

Oh god. No way. This can't be.. This can't be this easy?

These words circled Iridia's mind endlessly as the fae noticed her admiring the weapon of sorts, simply handing the gauntlet to the smaller girl to examine more as Rashvana spoke of its purpose. Iridia was practically shaking as her slender fingers touched the chilled metal gently, tracing the engraved leaves and stones as if it would all shatter in her palms. It wasn't necessarily what it was that caused the girl to grow eager in her seat, it was the simple fact that she could feel the money within her grasp, practically smell the gold and rewards she would obtain. Swallowing hard, the sprites little heart was pounding against her chest, a blush of happiness warming her ears again, and this time it wasn't caused by the beautiful appearance of the mechanic. 

"Th-That's amazing," Iridia spoke smoothly, her voice laced with honey, despite her trembling hands and growing impatience. "Truly. It's a gorgeous piece." 

Iridia continued to inspect the gauntlet, tracing where Rashvana had before to show where darts were loaded. There was a new shine in her odd eyes as she looked back up to the fae who sat beside her, gleaming with delight as a sweet smile crept up to her lips. She watched as the mechanic finished picking apart the watch, shining every gear and piece that came from her loot from the day. Iridia had thought she had gotten lucky by scoring a pocket-watch, but now her day was just getting better. The mechanic finished packing up everything into the burlap sack for her thieving customer, introducing herself in an embarrassed yet sweet manner.

"Iridia." She answered, standing from her thimble seat, looking to the mechanic's lovely eyes, admiring them for a moment or two before speaking up once more. "Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. Thank you."

And with that, Iridia hugged the gauntlet closer to her chest with an arm as she spun around quickly, dashing to the front of the store. Pushing herself up with her free arm, the sprite slid over the counter towards the front easily, making her way to and shoving the wooden door to the shop wide open and disappearing off into the marsh.

Iridia. What a beautiful name. As she thanked her, Rashvana blushed deeply, and she smiled softly. "You're welcome." She said, but before she could finish, she was gone. Rashvana blinked, and stood in shock for a mere second before registering what had just happened. "Hey!" She shouted after Iridia, and she rushed out after her. "HEY!" She shouted again, rushing out the door of her shop. That bitch! She gritted her teeth, and huffed under her breath.  She jumped off the small porch to her store, and she shouted to her neighbor. "Willow, watch my store!" She shouted, and an elderly fae poked her head out her door, and was about to speak, but Rashvana was gone. Anger ripped through her, frost forming from where she had jumped. 

She flew off into the marsh, following the faint trail of dust Iridia left behind. She couldn't believe it! This is what she gets for trusting such a pretty face, how dare she let her guard down?! She felt the anger rumble in her chest, just below her breasts. Her fists clenched, and she pushed herself forward. "Damn..." She growled. "She's fast.." However, so was she.  "Hey! Give that back! You thieving bastard!" Rashvana shouted after Iridia. She dodged trees and ferns, trying to keep up with the beautiful thief. 

It took a while, but she managed to rush up on her, and her arms wrapped around her waist, and she rammed the both of them into the side of a tree, crash landing onto a branch. It took a second for Rashvana to regain her berings, but once she did, she climbed ontop of Iridia, and straddled her, sitting on her stomach, a fist raised in the air. "Why?!" She asked her angrily. "You come into my store, I show you kindness, and you steal from me?!" She shouted, obviously angry. Her pale face was flushed with sweat, her cheeks and the tips of her ears angry, but it was obvious she was tired, exhausted from flying so far, so fast. 

The sprite heard Rashvana yelling behind her, anger rightfully filling her voice as she chased after the speedy fae. Iridia was used to getaways, she was incredibly fast, able to zip around trees and around obstacles with ease. The thief practically cradled the gauntlet in her arms as she flew up into some branches of a maple tree, passing by another fae shop that she had been banned from, earning an addition yell to the mix of commotion.

"Quit stealing from mechanics, love!" The other shop owner had called out to the sprite teasingly.

Iridia shot herself from the top of the tree, before diving back down through the canopy of leaves, hoping to throw off her pursuer, not realizing that the winter fae was quite a quick flier as well. Before she could make a sharp turn, the sprite felt slim arms wrap around her waist, yanking her a completely opposite way, her small body slamming up against a tree. Her vision went black for a moment or two, realizing that the two fae had toppled into a branch. The first thought that came to mind was a clinking noise: the sound of the gauntlet rolling from the branch they landed on and clattering down into the swampy underbrush. After that, it was the realization that the other fae had her straddled, a fist held up and ready to strike. 

"You should've at least bought me dinner first before getting on top." Iridia teased with a sly smile, feeling her natural demeanor slipping back into place. While the mechanic was still beautiful to the sprite, even while rage filled her eyes and looking absolutely worn from the chase, the thief functioned better when dealing with someone that wanted her beaten to a pulp, hate stinging in their voice. It was what she was used to, it was what she knew how to deal with. 

Taking advantage of how tired the mechanic was from her flight, Iridia bucked her hips up roughly to knock the fae forward, wrapping her arms around Rashvana's back to flip her over roughly. Looking down at the mechanic under her, there was a sly and deceitful look upon her tanned, lovely features, her eyes gleaming wickedly. Iridia quickly pressed her palms to each side of Rashvana's body before lifting them and crossing her arms over one another, as if she was pulling the bark straight from the tree and wrapping the pale fae in a trap like a constrictor would to its prey. Rashvana was basically stuck, almost melded into with the tree's bark, it would only take an hour or so to shimmy out without any help. Iridia leaned forward, her lips beside the taller fae's pointed ear.

"I'm just a thieving bastard, that's why." She cooed mockingly before pulling away and standing. However, there was a noise that drew her attention away from the mechanic, somewhere off in the trees nearby. Squinting, everything seemed to be silent for a moment before the sprite jumped from the branch and disappearing.

"Foxglove, stop!!" A voice yelled out from the direction she had heard the noise from, a group of other fae immediately coming into view. Two of the males had followed Iridia in the direction she had sped off into, another two landing on the branch that Rashvana had been bound to. 

"Take her with, she's most likely an accomplice of sorts to Foxglove." A female voice spoke out from a different hiding spot within the leaves. It was yet another fae, short, jet-black hair curling around her face and pointed ears, golden eyes shimmering in the dim light of the marsh. She was tall and slim, a majority of what she wore was black and simple, and it definitely seemed like she was the one with motive to be after Iridia. The dark-haired girl looked down to Rashvana as if she were just a pathetic worm, her next words spoken as sharp and poisonous as a dart that could've been used in the gauntlet, "Don't you know, you're not supposed to trust a thief?"

Her fist hovered over Iridia's face, waiting for her answer. Her chest heaved slightly as she breathed heavily. She frowned as Iridia spoke, and she opened her mouth to say something, but she was quickly knocked over, and pinned down. It seemed like all the air she had was suddenly rushed out of her, and she gasped in surprise. She yelped as her head smacked the branch, and she looked up at Iridia, who was now smiling down at her. She felt Iridia's small hands on her body, and she moved her own to try and remove them, but they were quickly pinned back down by something heavy.  Thick bark spread around her body, trapping her against the tree. The texture was course and rough, not liking her delicate skin. She was really pissed now. "W-what?! Let me out, Iridia!" She squirmed inside the bark prison, barely able to wiggle. This was already exhausting.  She growled as Iridia leaned forward, her lips nearly touching her ear, her breath brushed against it, making her ear quiver. Rashvana now managed to press her palm against the underside of the bark, and ice formed ontop of her, making it slippery inside. As Iridia spoke, the ice spread more, pissing her off. 

"I'm just a thieving bastard, that's why" The cockiness in her voice made Rashvana's blood boil. A soft rustling in the trees got both of their attention, and suddenly, Iridia was gone. 

"Stop Foxglove!" Sounded like another angry shopkeeper to her, and she rolled her eyes. She focused on wiggling out, that was until the two male fae landed on her branch. She opened her mouth to ask for help, but suddenly a female voice spoke. "Take her with, she's most likely an accomplice of some sort to Foxglove's." The two male fae nodded, moving wordlessly, and broke apart the bark from Rashvana's body, and yanked her to her knees. They forced her arms behind her back, holding them one onto of the other, and they started to tie them together, staring at the elbows. They bound her arms tightly, making her yelp out in pain. "Accomplice? I barely know Iridia! She bound me to a tree, you have to see that obviously I am no accomplice! She stole from me!" Rashvana tried to explain to the female, and one of the male fae kicked her harshly in the back, making her fall forwards, her chin smacking the bark. They started to bind her legs, as they other one gagged her to keep her quiet. "If you think about using your magick, I will break your arms." One said gruffly into one of her ears. 

"Don't you know, you're not supposed to trust a thief?"  The female's voice was icy and cold, and Rashvana glared at her. She struggled as one of the men picked her up, his larger hands groping her as he threw her over his shoulder, and she cried out through the gag in her mouth. She glared off into the distance, where Iridia had taken off. This would be the last time she got worked up over a pretty face. What kind of trouble was she into now? 

Iridia had darted down the trunk of the tree, where she quickly grabbed the gauntlet that had fallen from the branch the two were just wrestling on. Her heart raced against her chest as she spun upwards from the ground, hugging the weapon to her chest safely as her silvery wings carried her further from the scene, fleeing the two henchmen who tried catching up to her. However, a pai2ned cry rang out in the air, causing Iridia's head to whip around and catch sight of Rashvana being bound and captured, causing an ache of guilt and anxiety to rush through her chest. The sprite swore to herself and flew down, lower to the ground, rushing herself to an old rabbit nest she knew of that was almost impossible to find unless you knew of it beforehand. Continuously hissing out a string of profanities, the tanned girl dunked down into her hiding spot, tucked underneath a fern, catching her breath as the two fae chasing after her flew past overhead. Swallowing hard, Iridia placed the shimmering gauntlet in the depths of the rabbit hole with shaking hands. Why? Why the hell was she doing this?

Iridia flew from the nest, empty-handed, making her way back to the mechanic quickly, her thoughts racing, debating if she should turn back now and just make her get away with the weapon. However, she felt like she had a responsibility for some reason to get Rashvana out of a situation she shouldn't have been involved in. Iridia watched as one of the male fae threw the pale girl over his shoulder easily, manhandling her and not caring whether he was causing harm or not. For some reason, this caused an anger to rise within the sprite that she did not understand. Go back, they haven't seen you yet, go back. Iridia made a beeline for the back of the thug who held Rashvana, gnashing her teeth together furiously as she flipped herself around, slamming her feet square into his spine. The male fae's grip slipped from the winter girl, causing her to drop back onto the branch harshly, the gag coming a bit loose due to the impact. 

"Sorry, sweetums." Iridia spoke quickly to Rashvana, still a teasing tone in her voice despite the situation, a smile curling the corners of her lips, eyes stone cold as she watched the male pick himself back up from his fall, wings twitching awkwardly due to the kick to the back.

As he got up to his knees, Iridia ran forward, using his crouched position to kick off of, leaping into the air toward the black-haired woman while reaching for a dagger sheathed at her back, beneath her sash. The taller fae simply watched in amusement, looking quite unbothered. Iridia yelled out a frustrated yell, pulling the blade out from its hold, bringing it down to the fae, though before she could get within inches, one of the thugs yanked the sprite back by the arms, a surprised gasp escaping from between her lips. 

"You fuc-" Iridia began to spew out hateful insults, only to have a burlap bag pulled over her head roughly, the knife squeezed from her hands easily.

Immediately, she writhed around like a vicious animal, kicking her legs every which way, yanking on her arms in hopes to get free as they began binding her own arms together. The sprite screamed in frustration again, not only worried about herself but for some reason, she still could not place, kept worrying about Rashvana. Iridia never cared for others, no one trusted her, no one allowed her to stay close and she felt the same way, so it was easy to just allow the consequences of her actions to fall onto others without a second thought. However, with the mechanic, there was still a pull, a lingering feeling about the beautiful girl that Iridia wanted to know more about, wanted to protect, wanted to free from this situation she didn't deserve to be in.
Edited by cloakedHacker

It had all happened so quickly, Rashvana didn't even see her coming. On the shoulder of the tall fae, she could feel his rough hands pinching her skin, making her yelp into the cloth wedged between her teeth. She squirmed, trying to kick him, but suddenly she was in the air, and she fell with a harsh thud back on to the branch. The gag in her mouth loosened, and she groaned, her head pounding. This was too many hits to the head, she decided. She managed to spit out the gag, and she looked over, to see Iridia of all people, lunging towards the woman with a knife. Her eyes widened, and she called out for her, seeing the large fae behind her. "Irid-" She managed to get out before a boot landed on her face. The boot placed immense pressure on her face, and she silenced herself. She saw that Iridia had been captured, and she felt pain in her chest. Part of her hurt that Iridia was crying out, and she worried about her. Why? Why was she worried? This girl basically abandoned her to these, these thugs! She had sworn she was done with thugs and gangs when she opened her shop, she was going to live an honest life, no more smuggling, no more espionage, none of it. Now here she was, her heart pining over a thief that stole the gauntlet she was working on. "Let her go, what's going on?!" She growled, demanding answers when she obviously wasn't in the position to be doing so. 

The man removed the boot from her face, and hoisted her up silently. "I don't know who you are, or what you're doing but you need to release us now." She growled, and she shimmied her head, the fabric falling from her face, hanging loosely around her neck. 

"I don't think you're in a position for making demands." The black-haired fae spoke, her voice silky and low with a hint of poison as she replied back to Rashvana. 

"Vox!!" Iridia screeched, her harsh, loud voice somewhat muffled from her cover, legs still kicking, hips bucking, throwing her head back against the stronger fae that held her captive. "Let her go, she has nothing to do with this!!"

There was an arm that held the sprite by the waist easily, her arms bound together, her legs still fighting to kick herself free. However, a hand she could not see reached up to squeeze her neck through the sack hiding her face from the world. Her body tensed up immediately, the thug applying pressure to her throat which caused her to flail more, rearing her head back in hopes to hit the man who held her. Iridia's mind was beginning to go a bit blank, a dizzy feeling overwhelming her senses as she grew disoriented. 

"How am I supposed to know that when every word you speak is just another lie?" Vox hissed through her teeth, her golden eyes squinting devilishly. 

"D-Don't you d-dare hur..t.. h..er.." Iridia began to respond, her voice a bit weaker now, strained and muffled under the burlap. She was losing her fight, her legs hardly moving anymore, her head starting to roll back, body falling limp in the thug's arm. He removed his hand from around her throat, looking back to the woman who seemed to be in charge of it all. 

"Get a bag over the other one's head and let's go." The taller fae said simply, her voice stern and full of power. 

The henchman that hoisted Rashvana back up, tossed her over his shoulder once more while another tugged a burlap sack over her head to make sure there was no way she could figure out where the two captives would be taken. Within moments they were in flight, heading to a location that only the kidnappers would know of for the time being.