"Stop! You're hurting her!" Rashvana shouted, looking at the goon who was chocking Iridia, and then back to the woman the other fae labeled as 'Vox'. "Stop it!" She struggled as hard as she could against the man holding her. It was fruitless, and she saw Iridia go limp, and her eyes widened. "You bastards!" She gasped, and suddenly, her world went dim. The bag was tied tightly over her head, and she felt herself go back onto the shoulder of the fae that was responsible for her capture. She knew it was pointless to fight right now, she had to protect Iridia, she didn't know why she felt this way, but she had to. She was unconscious in the arms of some goon, and this witch of a woman was in charge, and she knew Iridia some how. It felt like forever, but eventually she was tossed to the ground, it was hard, and it felt metallic. She groaned as she rolled over, and the burlap sack was ripped from her head. She blinked a few times to get a good look at her surroundings, and she realized they were in some kind of bird cage. She looked to her side and saw that Iridia was lying beside her, still asleep, the sack ripped from her head also. "Iridia...?" She asked softly. "Wake up. Please wake up." She nudged her with her arm, and she sat up slowly. She was going to have a lot of bruises. She finally was able to get a good look around, and it was looking bleak for them. The woman was just out of sight, speaking to two men. She saw that they were in some sort of abandoned building, and she saw that the roof had some holes in it, and the sky was dark. Nighttime? Or just a lot of tree cover? She wasn't sure. 

It was a sweet dream, vanilla and roasted cinnamon filling her senses, a familiar scent that took a few moments to place. It was Rashvana's shop again, the coziness of the small space, the walls lined with tools and items, shelves filled with materials and trinkets. There was an almost endless loop of the winter fae taking apart the pocket-watch she had brought in, though everything seemed to have a glittering beauty, a shimmering fascination that had Iridia captivated. The way the winter fae moved, picking apart the gears and clockwork, was almost hypnotic to watch, her gentle and lovely face focused on her work. There wasn't any sound, just pure silence as Iridia watched the pale girl in adoration, however, everything seemed to come to a stop in her dream for a moment before she was yanked backward through the shop door and back into reality.

"Please wake up." The fae heard, blinking her eyes open slowly, gaze sliding from the metal ground up to the worried fae beside her. Iridia stared at Rashvana for a moment before everything rushed back to her, understanding that they were still in danger. With an annoyed sigh, the sprite rolled onto her back, pressing her palm to her forehead as if to cure a headache that was pulsing in her temples. Normally the sprite wore the top half of her white hair in a clip to keep it away from her face, however, due to her travels with her head stuffed in a bag, it was loose and messy, her soft waves fanning itself out on the metal ground of the cage, curling around her face, pointed ears and chin. She peeked a green eye over the other prisoner, a satisfied grin placed upon her lips, her usual flushed cheeks a bit deepened.

"So, you don't hate me completely yet, huh?" Iridia teased quietly, looking quite pleased with herself, completely understanding that now was not the time for jokes. "I totally heard you calling out for me back there."

Sitting up slowly and stretching out her stiff, translucent wings along with her arms, her joints popped as she looked around curiously. Iridia surprisingly didn't seem to be very worried, unnaturally calm even, like she had already been through this a couple other times. The sprite stood quietly, careful not to gain the attention of their captors as she walked along the perimeter of the birdcage, her slender hands touching the cool metal, determining that it was a bit too small for the two of them to slip through the bars. She fluttered up to the cage's door to inspect if there was a lock or mechanism of any sorts, her mismatched eyes focused on the task at hand to not only get herself out, but she had a bit more determination considering the fact that she had gotten Rashvana pulled into her affairs as well.
Edited by cloakedHacker

She was relieved that Iridia awoke, but that relief was quickly replaced by irritation as she teased her, her face bright red, that blush of embarrassment flooding to her ears. "H-hey!" She complained, and she stood, noticing that the rope binding her was gone. She looked down at her legs, noticing the dark purple welts starting to form, also forming along her arms, wrists, and shoulders. She sighed, and watched as Iridia slowly fluttered up to the top of the cage, where the door was. She stretched, and popped her neck, and she gave her thin translucent wings a flutter. Everything seemed to be in working order. Her dainty feet lifted from the ground in seconds, and she followed Iridia to the top. Upon meeting her there, she noticed how calm she was. Was she in situations like this before? If so, she could believe it. She sighed and she peered over the girl's shoulder to look at the lock. "This is newer, compared to how old the cage itself is, I'd say they bought this recently." She said upon inspection. She reached a cold hand through the bars to examine it. "Hmmm..." She peered inside, and conjured a small glowing blue light on the tips of her fingers, and she aimed it towards the locking mechanism. Her brows furrowed, and she tried to lean in closer, her face pressing up against the bars. 

"I can't see deep enough to see the lock mechanism." She said softly. She released her hand from the lock, and she raised her eyes towards the top of the cage. She fluttered closer to the raised top, and she noticed that the bars are spaced a little further there. She almost reached an arm through it before she was discovered, by whom she presumed was Vox. 

When Rashvana neared the sprite, looking over her shoulder to inspect the lock holding the door of the cage shut, Iridia could feel her cheeks warm up again, her breath hitching in her throat. Her own reaction caused some confusion within herself, wondering why she was still acting this way, still getting a bit flustered and heated in the mechanic's presence. With a bit of a pout, Iridia looked away from the pale girl beside her as she pressed herself against the bars to investigate the lock. The white-haired girl furrowed her brows questioningly, not understanding why she was still feeling like a fool around Rashvana. In the beginning, she was sweet and kind, Iridia wasn't used to that kind of interaction so it threw her for a loop, but now the winter fae surely had to despise the sprite, she had no reason to show an ounce of compassion. So why was Iridia still getting flustered? As the sprite glared off to the side in thought while Rashvana tried reaching her arms through the birdcage, she watched as Vox turned from her companions to spot the two conscious captives trying to mess with the lock.

"Chickadee, get down, now," Iridia spoke sternly and calmly, reaching her arm up to take Rashvana's hand in her own, pulling her down and away from the bars of the cage as Vox made her way to the side of the enclosure.

The sprite allowed her soft hand to linger in the mechanic's for a moment or two longer than needed before touching back down to the bottom of the cage, walking up to the bars, face to face with the black-haired fae. Without all the commotion of a fight, it was easier to take in the appearance of the woman before her. Her skin was pale and soft looking, save for a scar that ran from her right cheekbone down to her jaw. It was a bright contrast to her short, dark curls that framed around her thin face, a grimace of hatred twisting her sharp features slightly. However, her icy stare of golden orbs remained unchanged as they shifted back and forth between Iridia's mismatched ones. While the woman was definitely a fae, there seemed to be something off about her that wasn't able to be placed, aside from the fact that she had just ordered some thugs around to help kidnap as part of her revenge plan.

"Just let her go, Vox," The sprite said quietly, a change in her tone, different from that of her usual teasing or tricksy character. "I swear to you, she has nothing to do with any of this, she was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time." Iridia spoke, a hint of a waver in her voice, which just seemed to irritate Vox further, causing the taller fae to slam her palm against the side of the birdcage, causing the metal to rattle noisily. 

"Don't you remember what happened last time you 'swore to me'?" Their abductor spat out heatedly, her golden eyes looking as if they were about to catch on fire. "Don't you remember what else you stole from me the last time you 'swore to me'?" Vox inched her face closer to bars of the cage, her nostrils flaring with each shaking breath she took.

"You know damn well I wasn't the one who took anything from you!" Iridia hissed back, her ears beginning to grow red with anger as both of their voices began to rise into a screaming match. "You got clipped because you didn't know how to guard for shit!"

"And that's why you and your new girl are about to have the same thing happen to you." Vox put simply, her body seeming to shake visibly with rage, a sadistic smile curling around her ruby lips before stepping back, away from the birdcage and turning to walk back to her companions, her steps light and echo-y in the abandoned building. "It's impossible to get out of there, by the way. "The fae called back to the trapped girls. "So you'll just have to sit and wait for your time to come."

Edited by cloakedHacker

"Chickadee, get down, now." 

Rashvana looked down at Iridia, seeing concern spread across her tanned face. She felt worried, worried that the sprite was scared, and she was confused by this. Why did she care what Iridia felt? She got her into this mess, this was all her fault! She could be home right now, working on the projects that her actual non-thieving customers left for her, but instead she was trapped in a birdcage with a group of fairynapping maniacs, who liked to beat people up for fun. And at one point she would have been on the other side of the bars. She was furious at the girl, but now wasn't the time to let her emotions get the better of her, she had to trust her, and that scared her. She felt like she could though, and that only confused her more and more.  Shaking this feeling from her chest, her cheeks reddened as Iridia grabbed her hand, dragging her down towards the bottom of the cage. Her hand wasn't rough like she thought it was, it was soft, and warm against her cold skin. Her heart seemed to seize, and her icy gray orbs lingered on the sprites' face. How could someone so distraught have such a beautiful face? Iridia led her to the middle of the cage, and she landed on her knees, kneeling with her arm outstretched as Iridia held onto her hand for just a moment, before her arm fell to her side as she released it. 

She wanted to stop Iridia from going to the bars, she didn't want her to anger this Vox woman, and she didn't want her to get hurt. This woman was beautiful, in a threatning and terrifying way. She wondered how the scar got there, but something was happening between her and Iridia, which caused her to stand on her bare feet. The woman slammed her hand on the bars, and she stumbled, her wings fluttering as they tried to balance her. The verbal altercation continued, which led Rashvana to walk towards the smaller tanned fae, and she put her hand on her arm, trying to calm and comfort the sprite. She looked troubled, and that feeling crept back into her heart once again, and she didn't fight it this time. 

She spun her around, so that she faced her, and she frowned as she saw her face. "Hey hey hey, it's alright. We're going to get out of here, I know it. Nothing is going to happen." She said, but she couldn't be so sure. Something was definitely going to happen, but for now, she had to help Iridia, this couldn't be good for her, and she couldn't let her anger stop her from helping her. She just couldn't. 

When turning back to Rashvana, the sprite's face was red with anger, looking as if she might explode at any second. Her clenched fists were shaking, her jaw ticked as she gnashed her teeth together. However, seeing the look upon the other fae's face settled her a bit, realizing that getting worked up wasn't going to help the situation. The taller girl tried calming Iridia with soft and encouraging words, which seemed to work for the moment, allowing her to gather her thoughts about what was going on and what was to come. Looking up to Rashvana, the tanned sprite took note of her expression, the frown tugging at her lips, the worried look in her eye, the fact that she was concealing anger underneath a caring facade. Knitting her pale eyebrows together, the sprite's eyes narrowed in annoyance towards Rashvana, starting to feel herself getting riled up again.

"You! What the hell is your problem?" Iridia snapped at the mechanic, surprising even herself a bit. "I stole and lost your precious little project, I was going to leave you to hopefully get picked up by a rabid squirrel by pinning you to the tree and now I have you mixed up in business that doesn't even concern you in the slightest! Why are you pretending like everything is fine? You should be pissed off at me, you should despise me, I'm surprised you haven't decked me in the face yet!"

The sprite's voice was beginning to grow loud and harsh again, just as it had been moments ago when getting worked up with Vox. Her cheeks were burning hot, her heart pounding against her chest rapidly, blood boiling as pure fury spewed from her lips. Iridia's body was shaking, her body feeling completely flushed and hot as a vein stuck out on the side of her bruised neck. White threads of her hair began to stick to her forehead as she began to pace, fidgeting and clenching her hands. Nearby, Vox simply watched with amusement, for it had been such a long while since she had seen Iridia break.

"Stop pretending to care, stop worrying about me when you have absolutely no reason nor the right to! Just hate me like you're supposed to so I can actually think straight so we can get the hell out of here before we end up looking like midget elves due to the fact that, that vengeful bitch-" Iridia paused her rant to jut a thumb over her shoulder back to where Vox stood with her companions. "- over there wants to cut off our wings just so we can look like her useless ass!"

She couldn't lie, she kind of expected her to snap, but it didn't make it hurt any less. When Iridia exploded, Rashvana actually stumbled back a bit, and she watched as the fae walked back and forth across their small prison, and the winter fae sighed deeply. "I am pissed at you, I am mad, but I don't hate you. You wanna know why I can't?" She walked up to the girl, and took her hand, holding it tightly. "I was you once." She started to say. "I was the thief, the spy, the one everyone hated. I used to build weapons for humans so that they could go and blow each other up! I was bad. I was you." She said. She didn't let go of her hand, her grip tightening. "I know what you're going through, if this were a long time ago, I would be on the other side of those bars, watching someone like you pace like this, but I'm not anymore. I'm here. And honestly, you're not as bad as you make yourself out to be." Her tone was calm, and even, her tinkling voice trying not to waver as she tried to process Iridia's last statement. 

"I can't hate someone who I used to be!" She said, her brows furrowing, her eyes stared at their feet, her head bowed slightly. "I'm ashamed of who I once was, and I left." She said, her grip loosening just a bit. "So I don't give a damn about the stupid gauntlet, no trinket is worth my anger when someone's life is involved." She picked her head back up, looking Iridia in the eyes. "I don't give a damn." She said. "I don't know what my feelings are towards you, but I do know that I. Don't. Hate. You. Infact, I find you charming, and sweet, and I find your twitchy ears adorable, so just get passed the fact that I'm here, and that I'm mad, and just let yourself get used to the fact that you might be seeing my pale ass face more often from now on." She smiled a bit at the end, blushing hard. She didn't want Iridia to be mad anymore, she was probably scared. "And I won't let that bitch hurt you." 

The winter fae took ahold of Iridia's hand, which caused her to stop her pacing immediately, her heart skipping a beat from the sudden and unexpected contact. Iridia's jaw ticked out of annoyance as her grip tightened on her hand, the fae's lovely voice luring her in to settle down as she spoke of the person she used to be. For the most part, the understanding between the two helped, however, a childish pout sported itself upon her lips as Rashvana practically called the person who Iridia was now as bad. With a small grumble of unhappiness, Iridia felt like she could melt into a puddle on the ground, feeling foolish and embarrassed as the taller fae admitted that she didn't hate the sprite. With her blushed cheeks, Iridia began to loosen up some, not feeling as tense and shaky, her hand still placed against the mechanics. 

"You're gonna be a pain in my ass, aren't you?" Iridia mumbled, keeping her head turned or down in order to keep her face hidden. Her cheeks were a warm rosy red, ears burning up with embarrassment rather than anger. The smaller girl squeezed Rashvana's hand lightly, bringing it forward to press her forehead to the top of her hand gently and sweetly, simply taking in the touch of another being. "And they're not adorable.."Iridia murmured shyly, her white hair falling to the sides of her face like a curtain, keeping her expression and blush hidden from view.

Rashvana smiled when the sprite stopped pacing and she actually listened to her speak. She smiled softly, loving the warmth coming from Iridia's hand. She giggled softly, almost forgetting that they were trapped in a cage with the biggest threat they've ever faced just outside those bars, and she pulled the girl in close, pulling her down to the floor with her, her legs hiding under her skirts. She pulled off her light jack that went with her dress, and wrapped it around Iridia's shoulders, and she moved some of the hair out of her face, loving the deep red blush that spread across it. "Yes, I am going to be the biggest pain in your ass, probably the biggest one you've ever had." She said with a laugh. She wrapped her arms around the smaller fae, and put her face in the crook of her neck. "We're gonna be okay." She whispered softly, her lips just brushing up against the other sprites ear. She didn't want to show Iridia how scared she was, she had to be strong just for her, so that they would make it through this. 

"And yes, your ears are adorable." She confirmed, and to prove her point, she leaned back, and poked one of her many piercings, and she smiled softly at her. Her face may have said calm and fearless, but her eyes said the opposite. She was terrified. The thought of having her wings cut off, it scared her. Wingless fairies barely lived past the first year of having them cut off, they were usually shunned from their communities, their houses burned, completely excommunicated. She saw a wingless fairy once, back when she was forced  to work for a mob. She was locked in her shop when she heard the screams. Those bloodcurdling screams. The blood on the floor of the room it happened in. The wings on display in the boss' room, it was all coming back to her. She didn't want to think about it, but it was coming through vividly, harshly, ramming her brain like a train against a wall. She hated it.  Her face paled even more so than usual at the thought of having to hear Iridia scream like that. She couldn't take it. Instead of thinking about it more, she pulled the sprite closer to her, holding her tightly to her thin, cold body seemed to ease the pain of her thoughts, her memories. 

When Rashvana giggled, it lit up the sprite's heart, it set her at ease while driving her absolutely mad with adoration. The winter fae sunk to the ground, pulling Iridia with her, placing her jacket around her shoulders before moving pieces of her white hair away from her flustered face. The sprite felt arms wrap around her small body and pull her in close to the other girl, Iridia's heart feeling like it would leap from her chest at any moment. The shorter fae froze as Rashvana burrowed her face into the girl's warm neck, becoming stiff and uneasy, unsure of what to do in this situation. It had been so so long since the last time Iridia had felt the affectionate touch of another being, it was almost as foreign as it was craved for. With a small sigh, the tan girl found herself nuzzling into the pale fae, eyes fluttering closed as she rested comfortably against Rashvana, her cheek pressed against the other's shoulder. A small, embarrassed smile placed itself upon Iridia's lips as the winter girl poked at her red-hot, pierced ear with her confirmation of how cute they were.

"So.. charming, you said?" Iridia purred tauntingly in a sultry manner, her sweet smile replaced with a sly grin.

The girl nuzzled closer, soaking in the feeling of being next to another person before it was gone once again, not realizing just how badly she needed this. Iridia was definitely smaller that Rashvana, especially the way she held her arms close to her chest and curled into herself, too afraid to touch the fae on her own. Despite still being in danger and knowing how terrified Rashvana was of whatever was next to come, Iridia felt at peace, finally calm enough to take in the situation as a whole, understanding that she needed to get the sweet mechanic out of there as soon as possible. It was a bit peculiar to the girl that the technician hadn't asked too many questions about the situation she was dragged into. Iridia opened her mismatched eyes again, looking around the room as she kept her cheek rested against the taller fae. The room was dark and quickly dimming as it was made clear that it was in fact nearing night. It looked abandoned, yet slightly familiar somehow.

There was old furniture covered with a few layers of dust and cobwebs, papers, items and broken glass amongst the floor and holes in the roof overhead. With a soft hum of curiosity, Iridia pulled away from Rashvana to look up, seeing a branch of leaves rustling in the breeze from outside. It was definitely more than familiar, it was a room she had been to before when it was in its prime. The sprite could practically feel the outside world around the walls of the room pulsing through her veins, her ecological empathy ability definitely coming in hand when it came to recognizing a well-known place. Iridia cracked a smile, genuine and full of excitement as she looked back to Rashvana, taking her hands again, squeezing them tightly, a blush still lingering on her tanned cheeks. 

"You gorgeous girl, you, I know exactly where we are." Iridia spoke quietly, her eyes glittering with hope and exhilaration. 

"I want the tall one clipped first," Vox said out of earshot of the prisoners in the birdcage, telling her winged companions her commands for when the time would come. The black-haired fae watched with a look of pure hate and disgust as Iridia and Rashvana hugged and held each other, grasping hands and sharing soft touches. She was practically seething with jealousy at the sight, determining precisely that making the thief watch the mechanic suffer first would hurt a whole lot more than just getting her translucent wings dismembered. 

Rashvana smiled softly as she held the smaller sprite, and she stroked her hair as they lingered in their embrace. "Yes," she laughed, "very charming." Her laughter ceased, and she felt her face go bright red as Iridia nuzzled her. It made her mind stop whirring, and it was so nice, and warm, and just, everything she needed. Regarding the questions, she hasn't asked because she felt like she needed to give Iridia some time to process, and some space, seeing as she seemed to know the fae in charge of their kidnapping. When Iridia pulled away, she felt a bit sad, but she knew it couldn't last forever. She stood and watched as the smaller sprite took in their surroundings. When Iridia turned back to her, she noticed the wide smile on her face, and the hopeful excitement in her eyes. 

"You gorgeous girl, you, I know exactly where we are!" The sprite whispered excitedly. Her heart sped up rapidly as she took her hands, and her wings started to flutter on their own, frost forming under her feet. She needed to calm down, she was too excited. 

"That's great Snowflake, now where are we exactly, and how can we get out of here?" She asked, whispering along with the tanned girl. She could see just over Iridia's shoulder, Vox was in the other room, her frame barely seen through the doorway. They were speaking quietly. It felt scary, and that their time was running out. She looked back to Iridia, a soft excited smile on her face. 

"Vox is as dumb as she is cute." Iridia grinned proudly to the other fae, knowing this place like the back of her hand as she had studied maps and drawings of the tunnels, the rooms, where doors were and where they led to.

Looking around the room, her eyes squinted to see in the dark, looking up to the ceiling again where the leaves beckoned her through the holes. She made a soft humming noise as she thought, eyes focusing on the top of the birdcage now rather than the roof, where Rashvana had been inspecting earlier, where the bars of the cage were just a bit more spaced out. Turning to look back to the group of kidnappers, Iridia watched as they walked away, disappearing from sight for the moment being. The thief finally slid her hand away from the mechanic's as her wings brought her up to the top of the enclosure, sticking her arm through the bars to see how far she could get. Her shoulder wasn't able to get passed, causing her to huff of annoyance. 

"We're gonna have to dent this thing to hell." Iridia spoke as she came back to Rashvana, looking a bit worried yet hopeful. "If somehow we can get those bars up at the top pried open just the tiniest little bit, we should be able to squeeze through. We just need to drop this cage from quite high up, is all."

Edited by cloakedHacker

When Iridia let go of her hand, Rashvana followed Iridia to the top of the cage, her knees slightly bent. She sighed as she watched her try to slip through the bars, and she looked at the smaller sprite in shock. "Drop it from up there?" She asked, her voice cracking. "How do we make sure we don't knock ourselves out in the process?" She asked her, worried about how this plan was going to work. Maybe if she froze the bars, her ice could work into the cracks of the metal, allowing some of them to break, or bend easier. "What if, I froze the bars, right here." She pointed, using her finger to mark out cracks in the metal. "That way, when we drop this thing, it'll bend or maybe even break." She said, looking to Iridia. If this was the only way they would make it out, they had to try. 

There was suddenly a loud noise from the other room, causing Rashvana to freeze. What was going on in there? She shook her head, and looked back to the bars, making sure she placed her ice in strategic spots. They only had one shot (do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity hits once in a lifetime..) to do this. This had to work. 

"We could always drop it from higher to ensure it works." Iridia answered the fae as she began to freeze specific spots in the metal, a daring gleam in her eyes, a goofy grin still sported on her lips. "A just kinda hope we don't get banged up too much." A sudden crashing noise came from the other room, causing the thief to jump as well, her attention snapping over in the direction it came from. Not moving her eyes as she watched for anything to happen or a fae to poke around the corner of the doorway, she whispered to the mechanic, voice losing its excitement. "Freeze it, for now, we may have to do the rest later on."

Iridia fluttered away from the winter fae, landing in the middle of the birdcage lightly, still keeping watch for any sort of movement from the direction the noise came from. While Rashvana had her specialty in ice and snow, Iridia was proficient with flora manipulation, and the willow that danced above the roof practically called to her. With a hum of thought, Iridia knew this wasn't the best idea, but nothing else really came to mind, and she knew there was the risk of it not working or accidentally knocking the both of them unconscious, but if it were to pull through and set them free, that risk would hardly even matter. 

Rashvana nodded, and she got to work. She placed her tiny fingers on the metal, watching a thick glossy ice spread over the iron. She tried to keep it thick, so that it seeped into the cracks, making the cracks spread, so that upon impact they would bust. She was tired of being in this rinky dink cage, in this stupid scary building. She wanted to go home, and treat Iridia and herself to a cup of warm tea, and a homecooked meal. She was so tired of being here, but Iridia's company made it bearable. She watched as Iridia kept a look out, and she kept working. She had to get this done as even as possible, but also quickly. It was tiring to use so much of her power at one. To compensate, her wings had to flutter faster and harder to keep up with her hands. 

Once she was finished, there were tiny icicles dangling from the top of the cage, and Rashvana was red faced and her shoulders were slumped forwards from exhaustion. She slowly sank to the bottom, and held her head in her hands. It would take a few minutes for her to recover. "I-it's done.."She said softly.