Dredge

The Wild Hunt (Fast Pace Thread)

TheWildHunt.jpg 

The Wild Hunt 

Spoiler

What Is It?

for those of you who don’t know, besides being a Crime Lord. Miss Blonde is an master level enchanter, engineer, and avid constructor of various helpful and deadly trinkets. Trinkets that in the past in her old world easily rival S Class ranked magic artifacts and equipment. With the Valucre being her home, she wants to begin crafting once more, and she has a powerful and S Class magical item in mind that she wishes to create. Unfortunately she can not do so without hunting down and taking what she needs from three of the more powerful magical beasts that Terrenus has to offer. The Wild Hunt is Miss Blonde and other hunters or mercenaries coming with her to track, stalk, and hunt down these beasts. 

What Will We Hunt? 

kirin_by_zercon.jpg 

Kirin

dark_wyvern_by_allagar-d8f6m6x.jpg

Wyvern

marine-dragon.jpg

Lagiacrus

How Will This Work?

I want to do one long and epic thread that’s broken up into separate arcs for each creature being hunted. Ideally I’d like to get a total of 50 to 60 posts with post counts for each beast split evenly, though of course story comes first with however many posts are needed to hunt the target. While hunting the beasts is the main objective of the thread, I don’t want it to be solely that. As you may or may not know, Miss Blonde is a rather mysterious woman who is constantly shrouded behind a mask. Her intentions for these beasts are nefarious at best, and it’s rather clear that she does not wish to divulge what she intends to do with them. So it’s up to you to blindly follow or dig deeper and try to uncover a mystery surrounding this great hunt. So the thread will be very dialogue heavy as well as having the crazy large action scenes.

Posting Requirements

no one likes to talk about it, but IRL I have a decent amount of free time. I work a lot, go home, cook dinner for my family, and relax. So I’m provided with a good amount of free time. So ideally I like to post at least once a day, and I know a lot of people aren’t me and have more stuff going on in their lives. However as this is a larger endeavor, I would like to try and push through it as fast as I can. So if can’t at least post once a day or at the minimum once every two days, I’m afraid this venture is not for you. 😢

if you can then come right in! And while normally I’m a everyone can join kind of guy. I’m looking for only two people to join this time. So if you are interested let me know!

Rewards

Besides lots of gold pieces, you will be granted one favor from Miss Blonde, a Custom Minor Magic Item, and a secret prize that I can not discuss at this time.

Edited by Miss Blonde

2 minutes ago, Miss Blonde said:

giphy.gif 

Yes! I would have linked that video in my above post, were I not at work.

Anyway, my main characters are pretty booked, but if you're interested in making this quest even more chaotic and challenging for the players, I do have an obnoxious antagonist to plug. Of course, that might slow down the thread, which is probably not what you wanted if you were trying to get it done at a rapid pace. Figured I'd give a try anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yes! I would have linked that video in my above post, were I not at work.

Anyway, my main characters are pretty booked, but if you're interested in making this quest even more chaotic and challenging for the players, I do have an obnoxious antagonist to plug. Of course, that might slow down the thread, which is probably not what you wanted if you were trying to get it done at a rapid pace. Figured I'd give a try anyway.

I’m not looking to slow it down, sorry. If you schedule opens up for any of your main characters, I’m always happy to have you around! 😃

2 hours ago, Fierach said:

I am interested. The Daemonslayer is up for any challenge.

Sounds like a fun time. As long as you can get a post out at least once every day or two then i’d be stoked to have you along for the ride.

2 minutes ago, Miss Blonde said:

I’m not looking to slow it down, sorry. If you schedule opens up for any of your main characters, I’m always happy to have you around! 😃

Yeah, kind of what I figured. No biggie. But anyway, yeah, we'll see about the main characters, but because I don't like committing them to more than one RP at once, for the sake of having a clear progression and timeline, it's unlikely any will be available in time to participate in this. Thanks anyway!

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yeah, kind of what I figured. No biggie. But anyway, yeah, we'll see about the main characters, but because I don't like committing them to more than one RP at once, for the sake of having a clear progression and timeline, it's unlikely any will be available in time to participate in this. Thanks anyway!

I like one to two threads, makes it easy to place things once ive figured out where events belong in a fluid timeline. Plus it gives me something to do lol. Feel free to message me if you’d like to join later! 

@Fierach Excellent! I’ll have the thread up in a few hours! 

Just a a tidbit because you mentioned S-Class artifacts. To obtain an S-Class artifact in Terrenus, your quest needs to be approved by Supernal and ultimately reach at least 6 pages (76 posts). If your goal is to create an S-Class magic item that is on par with what are canonically the strongest items on Val, I would advise running it through Supernal. 

If you're just doing this for the narrative and story without really wanting an artifact level weapon, then nevermind and have fun!

4 hours ago, Ataraxy said:

Just a a tidbit because you mentioned S-Class artifacts. To obtain an S-Class artifact in Terrenus, your quest needs to be approved by Supernal and ultimately reach at least 6 pages (76 posts). If your goal is to create an S-Class magic item that is on par with what are canonically the strongest items on Val, I would advise running it through Supernal. 

If you're just doing this for the narrative and story without really wanting an artifact level weapon, then nevermind and have fun!

The S Class item is happening. I’m pretty great after all. 😋

but! If you know where I can find a list or some other examples of S Class items so I know how to scale the power of this item.

1 minute ago, Miss Blonde said:

The S Class item is happening. I’m pretty great after all. 😋

but! If you know where I can find a list or some other examples of S Class items so I know how to scale the power of this item.

This is the list of artifacts in Terrenus: https://www.valucre.com/topic/13467-terrenus-artifacts/

You can claim the artifacts at different levels of power by reaching certain page/post counts. In order for it to be an artifact you'd have to run it by me, get it approved, and added to the list. I've just added (or am about to add) an artifact that Ataraxy submitted so I'm not looking to add even more artifacts until I maybe trim some of the existing dead weight or something BUT that doesn't / shouldn't stop you from making or acquiring an "ultra powerful item" in your thread. That doesn't require any special review from me other than what would be included in the canonization process 

5 minutes ago, supernal said:

This is the list of artifacts in Terrenus: https://www.valucre.com/topic/13467-terrenus-artifacts/

You can claim the artifacts at different levels of power by reaching certain page/post counts. In order for it to be an artifact you'd have to run it by me, get it approved, and added to the list. I've just added (or am about to add) an artifact that Ataraxy submitted so I'm not looking to add even more artifacts until I maybe trim some of the existing dead weight or something BUT that doesn't / shouldn't stop you from making or acquiring an "ultra powerful item" in your thread. That doesn't require any special review from me other than what would be included in the canonization process 

I’d rather go the “ultra powerful item” route since Miss Blonde will be making it herself. While I certainly dig artifacts and the post count I still intend on doing. I really want to make this item first and then go from there when it comes artifacts and canonization. 😃

1 minute ago, Miss Blonde said:

I’d rather go the “ultra powerful item” route since Miss Blonde will be making it herself. While I certainly dig artifacts and the post count I still intend on doing. I really want to make this item first and then go from there when it comes artifacts and canonization. 😃

By all means! The system is that way specifically so that we can all have our cake and eat it too. Players can make or locate powerful items and I still get some QA / management out of the artifact list. Let the show go on!