Jump to content
Rhyth

Introduction

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, I’m new here, but far from new to roleplaying. I have about 12+ years of experience, give or take.
I’ve been jumping in and out of the roleplay scene for the last couple of years, mostly trying to find a place I’m comfortable with.
 
After lurking here for some time, I thought it would be rude not to post an introduction and share a little about myself.
 
  • I enjoy reading, some of my favourite authors are: James Herbert, Shaun Hutson, Stephen King, Adrian Barnes, Andrzej Sapkowski, and David Dalglish
 
  • I’m a fan of DC and Marvel, I have loads of DC graphic novels. My favourite is Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth.
 
  • My all time favourite movie is The Crow (Also own the graphic novel by James O’ Barr)
 
  • I have a short attention spa...Look! A squirrel! O_O
 
  • Where was I? Oh, when I’m not at work, reading, or watching movies, I’m usually gaming, or trying to fit in some kind of social life.
 
  • Also, I really like using bullet points.

That’s pretty much it, looking forward to meeting some new people and roleplaying soon.

Rhyth

    X

Edited by Rhyth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rhyth said:
Hey everyone, I’m new here, but far from new to roleplaying. I have about 12+ years of experience, give or take.
I’ve been jumping in and out of the roleplay scene for the last couple of years, mostly trying to find a place I’m comfortable with.
 
After lurking here for some time, I thought it would be rude not to post an introduction and share a little about myself.
 
  • I enjoy reading, some of my favourite authors are: James Herbert, Shaun Hutson, Stephen King, Adrian Barnes, Andrzej Sapkowski, and David Dalglish
 
  • I’m a fan of DC and Marvel, I have loads of DC graphic novels. My favourite is Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth.
 
  • My all time favourite movie is The Crow (Also own the graphic novel by James O’ Barr)
 
  • I have a short attention spa...Look! A squirrel! O_O
 
  • Where was I? Oh, when I’m not at work, reading, or watching movies, I’m usually gaming, or trying to fit in some kind of social life.
 
  • Also, I really like using bullet points.

That’s pretty much it, looking forward to meeting some new people and roleplaying soon.

 
Rhyth
X

Duuude David Dalglish is a boss. His Shadowdance books are some of my all time favorite from that genre. In the end though, Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy takes the cake I think.

If you had to say, are you more interested in playing the hero or the villian?

Lol also your font is white so anyone not using the dark theme just sees a wall of white hahaha

Edited by Ataraxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had to pick between a roleplay that’s more quest like and one that has more or an emphasis on slice of life, which would you pick? 

Here’s another question - how’d you find us?! Curious which of our efforts is working 

And lastly but not leastly, welcome to Valucre! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 4:53 PM, Ataraxy said:

Duuude David Dalglish is a boss. His Shadowdance books are some of my all time favorite from that genre. In the end though, Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy takes the cake I think.

If you had to say, are you more interested in playing the hero or the villian?

Lol also your font is white so anyone not using the dark theme just sees a wall of white hahaha

Thanks for the heads up with the font, think I’ve sorted it now?

Looked up Brent Weeks’ Night Angel Trilogy and that’s definitely going to be my next read!

I have to say I’m more interested in playing a villain or an anti hero. In my opinion villains have more fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rhyth said:

Thanks for the heads up with the font, think I’ve sorted it now?

Looked up Brent Weeks’ Night Angel Trilogy and that’s definitely going to be my next read!

I have to say I’m more interested in playing a villain or an anti hero. In my opinion villains have more fun.

 

Yup, all fixed!

I actually have a cult being built up and we do evil things for nefarious reasons lol Send me a PM if that sounds like something you'd be interested in joining 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 10:24 PM, supernal said:

If you had to pick between a roleplay that’s more quest like and one that has more or an emphasis on slice of life, which would you pick? 

Here’s another question - how’d you find us?! Curious which of our efforts is working 

And lastly but not leastly, welcome to Valucre! 

Thanks for the welcome!

I would have to go with a more quest like roleplay, although I do also enjoy the odd roleplay with only a very basic plot. Or just a setting and character sheets to go by, then let the plot develop itself through writing.

I found the site on Toprpsites.com, after using chat based RP sites/apps for some time I thought I would have a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey-yo, welcome to the best RP site in the world (in my opinion) 😂 Hope we get to roleplay soon! @Ataraxy over there has her cult and I'm her character's adopted son, amirite? 👀 but if not through that, then some other roleplay perhaps! Cheers! 😃

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×