Hurttoto

Hanging Temple (time for a raid)

Once a forgotten place, a place where monstrous guards march and patrol in a tower hanging upside down. Just recently discovered by accident when a cruise air ship went off its regular trails and ended up coming back with a report that there was a strange structure that resembled a tower and a small landing platform coming out of it. Yet it seemed like it hadn't been maintained for a long time as vines had attached themself to it, meaning that there is evidence of a water source somewhere inside 

A group of mercenaries was to be collected and sent to record the findings as the kingdom had shown little interest on its contents....

They would board what is known as the Arched, a quick small transport just large enough for a crew of 12.

Edited by Hurttoto

Even before the Arched arrives, a mysterious thing happens. A distance away from the landing platform, a blue portal suddenly opens up, spits out a young woman dressed in white, and promptly disappears. 

Unfortunately for the woman, the portal had placed her in the thin air next to the platform. If she doesn't act quickly, she would plummet to her death.

Fortunately, she's equipped for such a situation.

As she falls, she thrusts her left hand towards the platform. The rune on her hand glows yellow, and a pale yellow disc of light shoots out of it. The disc flies through the air and sticks itself to the edge of the platform.

The moment the disc sticks, a small twist of her hand is all it takes for a beam of pale yellow light to form between her hand and the disc. Immediately, the woman flies upwards along the beam, as if she was being yanked by it. Upon reaching the landing platform, she grabs it with all her might and clambers onto it.

Now safe and sound on the middle, she stops to catch her breath.

She stands up and pushes her braid of blond hair back into place, grateful that her white heather flower crown is remarkedly good at staying atop her head. Before long, the orange rune next to her ear flashes.

"Alise! Taylor! Everyone! Are you alright? Where are you guys? I can't find anyone!"

Alise's eyes widen as she spins around. She, too, is alone. "Kang-woo! Good news, I'm alright. Bad news, I can't find anyone either! And as for where I am..."

She looks up, realising the weirdness of the place she's in.

"Well, I'm next to some strange upside-down tower that's stuck to the underside of a floating island. How about you?"

"I'm in a room where everything's upside-down! Even the... I guess I could call this furniture."

"Think you're inside the tower I'm looking at right now?"

"Maybe? It's dark here, I can't see much. Should've brought more than one small dim light with me... "

"I'll go inside the tower to find you. Keep me updated, alright? "

((Kang-woo is actually not anywhere inside or near the tower, this is just motivation for Alise to enter the tower.))

Edited by HotPizza

"The Arched is fucking slow as shit"

The Mistress' left eye twitched as the foul woman's words fouled her ears. It was  bad enough she brought the annoying Sera, but forgetting to stitch her mouth shut was worse. The tall woman had been complaining the whole way. Middy could already feel the beginning of a headache. Pinching the bridge of her nose, Middy tried to ignore Sera and turned to Khakina instead. 

"Khaks, how's your body holding up?" Middy spoke to the diminutive woman on her other side. Khakina Khatun, or Khaki for short was the Mistress' left hand and their cartel's sharpshooter.

The little girl returned Middy's gaze, her round black eyes filled with grin determination. "Still sore. Lilith's mark is really pushing my body to the limits. It can move fine, but the pain can be wuite annoying."

The Mistress nodded in assent. Ever since they accepted Lilith's blessing, Khaki was the one who was the least compatible with necromancer's mark. Middy is just glad that the little girl's condition is getting better.

Silence overcame the the three as they waited for their ride when suddenly a portal manifested and spat out a woman clad in white. Why would anyone wear such a blinding color? Middy could only shake her head at the new arrival.

"FUCKING PORTAL COMING OUT OF NOWHERE! AND THE SHIP HASN'T ARRIVED YET! GODDAMN-"

"SHUT UP, SERA!"

The Arched as slow as it was eventully making it to the temple, it was more of a slow built with heavy armour and was very steady and balanced for an airship. Then again it could use more engines. It had slightly rammed itself onto the platform before turning to match the ship's bay doors as they opened.

"Heres your stop, The hanging temple " as tye Captian seeming atteming to ignore the various insults being done about his ship from the one known as Sera . Yet he couldn't blame them, the ship was old, no longer ment for speed. And it was common for people to become inpatient 

"Ill be back here in 5 hours, if your not back by then then come back in 13 hours-"

Then he saw the portal just as it closed

"Or you can use a portal whichever suits your needs" as the mercenaries were led out and on to the Platform. "He wondered why they brung a child to this place but then again they probably have done something like this before. They did have a sharpshooter with them 

The one that came out through the portal seemed to have ran ahead making her way into the first room As  Sera, Middy, and Khakina, will soon follow

Alise would notice that even with like there was a spot of darkness in a corner of a long hall, it would at first look like a dog (Labador) covered in black fur. It seemed to have been placed next to a door which lay with a broken lock, with a simple push it can be opened

Edited by Hurttoto

As the ship docked near the temple, Khaki could not help but admire the ship's performance. True, it was slow but then again  the Arched was an old ship. A really old ship. It is rather surprising that it can still function despite its age. 

Sera's disposition was not unusual to Khakina as her foster sister was such a crass and rude person. Sera might talk a lot of ship, but deep in her heart Khakina knew that Sers still has some goodness left in her. Afterall neither of them chose this kind of life. They were compelled by the cartel's geas to continue the wishes of the previous Black Head, the Lady Blackbush. And even when the Mistress has succeeded the Lady as the new Black Head, the Mistress was unable to break away from the geas. What was worse is that the geas forces them to acknowledge that the cartel is doing the right thing. The brainwashing run so deep that it was only after Lilith's branding that they realized the deception.

"Heres your stop, The hanging temple. "Ill be back here in 5 hours, if your not back by then then come back in 13 hours-"

Khaki would follow the Mistress and Sera as they exited the ship and into one of the portals. As they leave, Khaki winced as she saw Sera giving the captain the bird with both her fingers. Her foster sister must have been really irritated right now. Soon the threesome would catch a fleeting glimpse of Alise's white dress.

As the trio approach, they would realise Alise's white dress is, in fact, a white tunic & pants with orange trimming. They are embroidered with patterns of white heather, matching her flower crown.

Upon the sound of footsteps, Alise spins round. "Oh, hello," she greets with a wave of her hand. "I'm Alise, sky guardian of Laylin. Do you know where I am? I'm kind of lost, and my friend's stuck inside there. I'm not sure how- oh?"

Alise turns around again, and this time she notices the broken lock on the floor. Her yellow eyes slowly move from the lock to the door.

"Huh. It's... not locked?"

Alise moves forward and gently pushes the door. It opens.

"It's not locked. I wonder who entered first. Can't be Taylor..."

She pushes it fully open, and holds it in place.

"Go ahead." Alise lets the trio go first, before entering herself.

As they all had approched inside the dark spot that had lay next to the door dissappeared and the door revealed a hall make of stone and copper. Which because of its time oxygenating it had turned a green rustry like color which bleached the stone mixed in with it. At the end of the hall they will all find themselves facing 3 other halls, all which looked the same except for a distant howl coming from the left hall and a glimmer coming from the center one yet the one on the right was merely quiet with sun shining through from somewhere above. 

A ticking sound could also be heard yet it would be hard to pin point exactly where it is to be coming from as its sound echoed out of the walls almost at the same time, if one were to find the faint diffrences in this ticking they would know that its coming from something above them.

They would also notice junk and things like copper platting just lining the floors with no more stone mixed in.

(Sorry if its short but I had to rush it)

As they all had approched inside the dark spot that had lay next to the door dissappeared and the door revealed a hall make of stone and copper. Which because of its time oxygenating it had turned a green rustry like color which bleached the stone mixed in with it. 

"What is this shit?" Sera scowled as the spot disappeared. Must have been somekind of ancient mindtricks if even the perceptive Sera was unable to track the mysteriously enigmatic spot. It's so creepy, that Sera might just scream in impatience. Fucking mind games. 

At the end of the hall they will all find themselves facing 3 other halls, all which looked the same except for a distant howl coming from the left hall and a glimmer coming from the center one yet the one on the right was merely quiet with sun shining through from somewhere above. 

"What kind of shit is this?" Face filled with fury, Sera tried her best not to trash the place. Clearly someone was leading them but was dumb enough to make three pathways. If he wanted to keep them away from the treasure, why not just make a fucking wall, jackass? Ears metaphoricay steaming, red-faced Sera kicked at the useless junk on the floor. Whoever made this crap will face her wrath once she gets out of this shit. The bastard will get what's coming for him. Or her. Or whatever. Sera's vengeance knows no gender.

"I SAY WE FUCKING TURN BACK AND GO HOME-"

Sera's words were cut short as she felt the Mistress' iron grip on her shoulders. The woman holding her was shaking her head in disapproval. Embarassed, Sera clenched her mouth shut and swallowed whatever she was gonna say. She'll just listen to what the Mistress proposes.

"Down, Sera. No need for that. I see three paths and there's three of us. Four, counting whitey back there. But seeing how she's rather content in cowerig behind us, it's safe to not include her. I, the Mistress proposes we practice democracy. Alise chooses one path and if she doesn't come back screaming, then we three follow. Of course, we three voted for Alise to do it so majority. What do you think, Alise?"

What a strange dog...

Copper seems to be an odd material for a floor. Could it be a magical conduit?

Sera's shouting and swearing seems to set Alise off. "I want to get the fuck home too! Except it's being invaded by fucking monsters! So I'm here to find my friends, then beat up the monsters, then I can go home and spend some quality time with my family!" 

A pause. Alise heaves with every breath. When she speaks again, she isn't shouting, but her voice is still loud.

"Also, I'm not 'cowering' behind you, I'm covering your behinds. Firstly, I'm focused almost purely on support. I help people attack. Secondly, almost all my runes got disabled after I went through the portal. I'm limited to a shield and what basically amounts to flight. So forgive me if I come back screaming - at you because I'm really weak now and need backup!"

Alise takes another breather. She listens carefully to the sounds again. The orange rune on her ear flashes.

"Okay." She's much calmer now. "I'm here to look for my friend. He just told me he heard howling noises. If he's anywhere near that wolf, I need to be there. Immediately. Before he gets torn to shreds."

Alise walks towards the left hall. "And you know what? I'm going ahead. If anything attacks me, I'll activate my shield, which lasts for only a moment, and then I'll fly back here. I gently request that you guys have my back on this, because someone's life is at stake."

Edited by HotPizza

It seemed like the group chose to head into the door where there was a howling wolf, the dog seemed to follow them although somehow it seemed to be ahead of them, and strangest of all it didnt seem to have a shadow. Then the howling stopped and the group had made it to stairs (definently interesting) but short stairs that led into a room 30 ft high, full of ash, and glowing crystals, what looked like to be mechanical equipment, and once again the dog who just stared at them with its dark eyes as they entered.

The dog the looked up staring at something that was moving carefuly as if not to fall howecer it was difficult to see what exactly it was. However a misstep and it falls, crashing near the dog which seemed undazzed by this. The creature had a tail of a scorpion and claws that looked similar to a crab's, and thin long legs however at first it wouldn't notice the visitors as it was too focused on getting back onto that celing. 

As soon as it noticed them it began running towards the group but wether it was docile or hostile seemed unknown...

(I didnt make it too weird did I?)

"And you know what? I'm going ahead. If anything attacks me, I'll activate my shield, which lasts for only a moment, and then I'll fly back here. I gently request that you guys have my back on this, because someone's life is at stake."

The Mistress chuckled at the woman's tirade. "Poor child. You should stop demeaning yourself. I, too, am a support but through sheer will and determination, I am strong enough to survive a battle against monsters like Dredge."

Taking the left hall as well, the Mistress walked side by side with Alise with Sera and Khaki a few steps in the Mistress wake. As they go up the stairs, the Mistress resumed her lecture. "You should trust in yourself more. No actually, this is a good opportunity for us to show you how a support can support herself. And then if you need power, you can simply take my hand and i shall grant you the strength you need to stop being so pathetically weak."

Then the Mistress held an arm before Alise, prompting her stop. There damned dog they encountered earlier was heading towards them. It was creepy as hell. "Alise, ware. This dog is dangerous. Also it looks ugly."

Edited by Zashiii

Alise places a white disc of light on the floor at the base of the stairs before moving on.

"Thank you for your encouragement." Alise isn't sure how to respond to the Mistress. She thought she was the one who gave those kind of speeches to the few aspiring sky guardians who became supports. It feels weird to be on the receiving end. Perhaps it's the effect of going through the portal, losing a huge chunk of her powers, and then getting stuck with strangers instead of friends she knows well? Must be, right?

"The dog seems to be familiar with this place. I wonder if he's like, a guardian or something? Or-"

That's when the creature started running towards the group. Alise flicks her right hand, and a blue energy shield blossoms into life between the creature and the Mistress.

Alise then holds her left hand behind her. A white line of light appears, connecting her to the disc she had placed earlier. Her feet lift off the ground, and she flies along the line, touching the ground only after reaching the disc.

Edited by HotPizza

The creature had stopped just before an energy field had appeared right in front of it perventing it from moving any further. It however poked around the field curiously as it seemed to be interested in the field itself as it seemed to lose interest in the visitors being now mesmerized by the energy field.

The dog had reappeared scratching its face while keeping a straight eye on the. Group yet staying away from it thinking that this was a trap. It then made its way slowly to a mechanical arm made of copper seeming to melt into it. 

The arm's shadow then began to move and slither across the floor as if it were alive, the shadow then approched the creature and attempted to drag it away from the energy field.

The creature then chittered to the shadow . If anyone could translate that they would find that the creature would belive this to be the 'light' (dispite having access to sunlight in certain halls).

"The dog seems to be familiar with this place. I wonder if he's like, a guardian or something? Or-"

Sera scowled at Alise for her wonderful input. Somehow  the place seemed to tick Sera off making her more irritated than usual. She must have been quite a bitch this time, but she will never apologize for her actions. Unless Alise manages to impress Sera with her skills, whether through utility or combat, the woman would have trouble gaining the respect of Hell's Gate champion. Oh and terrorists like Sera feel no need to show courtesy to others. If the Mistress wasn't here she would have jumped on Alise just to show the woman her place.

"Fucking bitchass dog better stay away from us!" Sera cursed at the dog. If the fucking dog would lead the goddamned scorpion to them, Sera would not think twice in blasting the beast to oblivion. If Alise's shield falls, she'll get what's coming for her.

Alise climbs back up the stairs. She might not understand the scorpion directly, but she is observing its behavior. She realizes that neither dog nor scorpion are actually hostile to the group. The dog rather reminds her of herself - a guardian who tries to keep her friends safe.

Alise suspects it would be best to keep the dog and scorpion away from Sera, who seems to be really... angry and ready to strike out at whatever's the most convenient target at the moment.

Alise walks around the shield she had placed. She stands to the right side of the shield, then crouches down and holds out an empty hand. From what little she knew of dogs and animals in general, they like being greeted and having something to sniff.

"Hey there, little guys." Alise keeps her voice calm and cordial. "I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'm just looking for a friend of mine. Have you seen a man dressed in green and black around here?"