Miss Blonde

Reflections (PM to join)

The city lights of Last Chance passed through the window of small limousine, each street lamp and store light leaving a moment of darkness between coming and going. Within that medium of light and dark, a pair of black and reflective lenses stared lifelessly at the Mistress. Miss Blonde, the up and coming Crime Lord here in Last Chance. In her right hand she held a rather strong cocktail that positively reeked of alcohol. It was more alcohol than mixer at this point, yet the little lady had no problem drinking it. Vacuuming up the tube on her mask, the moment of silence was broken by a small gulp. 

”Do you want to know why I keep you around, Mistress?” Blonde said as she sat up and took another drink of her cocktail. 

”It’s because I see a lot of myself in you. Or at least a younger version of me. Fifteen years ago I’d of never dreamed of shooting that kid, but life is funny like that.” There was another moment of pause as she set a now empty glass down into the cup holder by her side. 

The small open open bar within the vehicle faintly reflected the light of the streets before darkening on and off. Blonde would move towards it.

Pouring herself another drink of a high quality alien whiskey and soda water. She made sure not to offer the other woman any. 

”It never tells you the people you’ll meet. The ones you’ll fall in love with and do anything to protect or provide for. It never tells you the monster that you’ll become to save them.” Taking her highball she’d begin have another drink after speaking then relaxed herself in her seat.

With her cocktail in hand, Miss Blonde would lean forward and make sure that the Mistress really understood what she was going to say. This was the kid’s one chance to do what she felt was right or best. 

”Despite our similarities, you and your little crew of misfits aren’t monsters. You don’t belong in this world, Mistress, and the more time you spend in it. The more and more you will, and eventually you won’t be able to get out. You get colder, and harder, and more alone. To the point that when you do find something good and precious, the blood and death and shit that stains your soul ruins it. You ruin them, and there’s no one in your life that is better off for having known you.” Blonde would then take another drink and give the Mistress a choice. 

”So you’re not going to say a word to me right now. We’re pulling up to get John and the others. If you stay, then you need to carry that weight like he and I do. I’ll teach you what I know. And if you leave, I’ll understand. But don’t ever let me catch you in this city again or committing crimes. Be better than me.” There was just silence after that. 

A short car ride leading to a designated meeting point where John had asked them pick him and the other people up for the job they were on. The limo would pull up to the sidewalk and the door would open in wait.

@Zashiii @danzilla3

Edited by Miss Blonde

A cold wind blew through the streets of last chance, making John glad that he had decided to forgo his usual formal attire for something just a bit more functional. He had worn a pair of tan cargo pants and black combat boots, and a long sleeved black shirt. The garment had been a gift from the Mistress, woven from a special fabric that kept the wearer warm in cold environments, and cool in warm ones. She had made a point to have the neon red outline of a cherry stenciled on the back, an inside joke between the two of them.

It left the crime lord of Taen thinking about things he didn't usually consider; things about relationships. He liked the Mistress quite a bit; she was fun to be around, and her sexual appetites were nearly as voracious as his own. That said, his feelings for her did not extend beyond the platonic; and he felt certain she felt the same way. But he felt he was starting to think he might be attracted to Blonde on a deeper level than the purely physical. She seemed like a kindred spirit in many way's, and she intrigued him the way few people did. 

The limo pulled up, and John got in, sitting next to the Mistress while flashing a genuine smile to her and Blonde.

"My two favorite female criminals! So nice to see you both."

Middy, the woman once known as the Mistress, sat inside Blonde's vehicle, arms crossed across her ample chest. Her eyes blankly stared out the tinted windows, her face listless. Her thoughts went back to the earlier conversation with Ms Blonde.

The masked woman had told her they were similar once but Middy can't see any. Comparing herself to Blonde was the last thing she'd ever thought of. The woman was a hardened crime lord, and Middy was still green as ever, with little hope of getting harder. 

The kid was meant to be food for the Lady Blackbush, but Blonde made the boy eat lead. It should not have gone that way. Middy was too hasty. The loss still haunted her even to this day. It only added to the list of kids he had failed all over the years. Natasha. Samael. Izral. Tormo. Antigone. Ceyena. She can ever forget their faces. And after that mess with the gypsies. Those old wounds had once more resurfaced. 

There was a time Middy was cold once. That time after Dredge had his way with her. What he did to her made her colder, harder. Enough to prepare Middy for the confrontation with her mother the Lady Blackbush. That where she killed her own mother to protect the cartel. But at what cost? Now they are enalaved to another monster named Lilith with no hope of ever redeeming their name. Middy had to face it, the cartel is in deep shit.

Blonde had given her a choice, to follow or to move on. So Middy swallowed her pride and joined Blonde in their next ride. This time she would prove to Blonde and everyone present that she can also carry the burden. 😉

19 hours ago, danzilla3 said:

My two favorite female criminals! So nice to see you both."

Then came John. John Wilder. Wearing that awful shirt she had made. Gods. It looked awful she felt embarrassed. She can already feel thd heat going up her cheeks. And when John sat beside her, Middy just had to inch away. John would have to wait after this task.

"Cherry boy. We meet again."

@Zashiii @danzilla3 @ourlachesism

Blonde was slightly displeased with John. It wasn’t jealousy that gripped her, but a sense of disappointment. The Mistress had severely fucked up the last mission, and she had caused Blonde to shoot a kid. While Blonde could of had one of her droids do the job, she wasn’t that kind of leader. If someone was going to take charge of a growing criminal enterprise, then they needed to show that they were capable of doing even the most unpleasant deeds themselves. Yet John practically waltzed into the limo and sat next to the Mistress like this was a fucking mixer at a sleazy chain restaurant. As if ignoring the fact that the amateur he occasionally fucked made Blonde have to do something she wasn’t happy to do. Another kill. Another face on the wall of people who called out to her in her deepest nightmares of broken promises. 

”John.” She said in a rather cold and distant voice, as if to let him know her mild annoyance in the man. 

Once the man was in the car, a few more stepped inside until the limo was about half way full with hardened criminals. Blonde said nothing to John or the Mistress after that. She simply looked towards the driver whose eyes stared back at her in the rear view mirror. There was a moment of slight pause before Blonde would utter her next word to the chauffeur. 

”Drive.” A stern and commanding voice was given in the robotic laced tone that was Blonde. 

Almost peeling out from the curb of the street, the limo rushed off into the night. Returning to the medium of flashing lights and darkness, Blonde of course was reunited with her drink. A fine and smooth corellian whiskey that seemed to dull the pain she felt. With her tube vacuuming the liquid up, she simply sat in the back of the limo in the darkness and drank. If the two of them had expected her to speak, there’d be nothing to say at the moment. John clearly valued something to stick his dick in rather than someone who got him. Someone who wasn’t a fuck up and green to this profession despite being from a completely different universe. Typical men. 

Edited by Miss Blonde

John was a man in an almost constant good mood, as it was his philosophy to try to enjoy life as much as possible. However, that did not mean that he was blind to the moods of others, nor was he unable to read a room. It was clear to him that there was still quite a bit of tension between Blonde and the Mistress over what had occurred during the strarmetal raid. Blonde was still angry at the Mistress for causing a situation where she had no choice but to execute a boy. The Mistress was obviously still feeling guilty that her actions had caused the death of someone who did not need to die. It also did not escape his notice that Blonde was jealous, reading too much into his actions. 

"Ladies," he said, smile disappearing completely as he spoke, "I am aware that there was no small amount of tension between the three of us after the way the last mission played out. Please do not mistake my jovial nature for indifference. What happened at the camp was a terrible thing, but we must move past it if we are to work together as an effective unit. I am not suggesting that we forget the past, but it is pointless to dwell on it. No matter how much we regret what happened, how much we blame one another, it will not change anything."

When he was finished speaking, he shifted over to sit on the same side of the car as Blonde, though he left a bit of distance between them. A small, genuine smile returned to his face as he regarded her.

"I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by sitting next to you without your leave. Perhaps I should have asked."

The Crow has taught them many things, but one of the most important things to learn, the matriarch always reminds them, is to listen well, to your targets and to your surroundings. Lycoris remembers that lesson clearly, the memory wreathed as it is with cigarette smoke, gunpowder, and the sight of Míra’s painted red lips; it had saved her life on multiple occasions, far too numerous to count on her fingers alone.

She continues her mission from the Crow even now, sitting between a heavily-scarred woman and a man with an unnatural grin, Miss Blonde and the others with her a few ways away from where the mercenaries sit.  

The tension in the air is thick enough to suffocate, the space between the three primary occupants thrumming with sparking electricity, and Lycoris simply watches, simply listens. Perhaps, when she is allowed some room, she can begin to delve into her real intentions for coming along this ride around Last Chance. For now, she listens, puts together the jigsaw puzzle pieces of dialogue in the air, and waits for a chance to slip into the uncertain stream of the current conversation.

Middy is too troubled to care about the suffocating tension inside the car. She has nothing to say to John. Their relationship was simply built on lust and anything else John does outside of the bedromm has nothing to do eith her.

22 hours ago, danzilla3 said:

I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by sitting next to you without your leave. Perhaps I should have asked."

John's efforts at relieving the tension was answered with Middy's slight nod, not even looking in the man's general direction. She knew that Blonde and John has some kind of connection. John should keep his women and his bear in check. Middy could never forget the pain when John chose his bear over her.

For now she would maintain a professional relationship with him and the others. A little bit of distance won't hurt. Although, it was nice to see him wearing the shirt.

@danzilla3 @Zashiii @ourlachesism

”You just don’t get it, do you?” That was all of what Blonde would say to John.

The hearts of women would remain an enigma to him. While The Mistress was still understanding what it meant to be a woman, Blonde on the other hand had been one her entire life. John had no idea what it was like, what she felt, and how she conveyed the frustration and pain she had. Maybe he thought he could have the best of both worlds. The occasional romp with the Mistress then hang by Blonde’s side and flirt with her. Smooth talking and bright smiles would not solve this problem.

He’d be in for a very rude awakening. John had somehow managed to upset the both of them, and for Blonde. Life didn’t work that way. You either committed, or you got left behind. She was forty. She’d been married twice and had kids, so it was safe to assume she’d been around the block with guys like him. When it came to a woman like her, she required commitment. John had been there through the jobs, and she valued him for it. Yet he wasn’t there for her when it was said and done. Though she thought that might of been her fault for not extending the invitation.

All of that of course faded into the background when Lycoris entered the limo. Making sure to really emphasize the woman’s presence, she wanted to remind John that he had fucked up bad. 

”Ah! You! The one who brought down the Kirin. How have you been? What was your name again?” she asked rather politely.

Edited by Miss Blonde

People had always been a mystery to John, especially those of the opposite gender. He was very good at figuring out what made people uncomfortable, in finding exploitable flaws in their personalities to make them act against their own self interests. But interpersonal relationships still baffled him, and romantic relationships even less so. Part of this was because his straightforward attitude toward life often didn't mesh with other peoples. Most of the time people didn't really say what they thought, but John said what he meant all the time. It was hard for him to understand that people would lie about how they felt to avoid conflict or discomfort. 

For example, Blonde had indicated that she had no problem with him sleeping with the Thot Crew, even while he considered a relationship with her. But clearly it did bother her, and he couldn't understand why she wouldn't just tell him. If she had made it clear that he needed to stop having casual relationships with others, why didn't she just tell him? Was he supposed to guess at what she really meant? 

43 minutes ago, Miss Blonde said:

”You just don’t get it, do you?”

"I suppose not," John said, real confusion and sadness in his voice, "I wish I did."

11 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

"I suppose not," John said, real confusion and sadness in his voice, "I wish I did."

You could try being a woman once in a while. It wouldn' hurt to try wearing lady's shoes for a while. Might makr John a better man afrer that.

Middy almost smiled at her thought. Having lived both ends of the spectrum, she's more than qualified to statements like this. She did miss those days when she was a boy. Days she'll never return to until the day she retires from her position. 

She always wondered how her mother managed to grab a man like Dredge. Middy always thought that Lady Blackbush was too thotty or promiscuous for any person to accept her. With everything she has done, she could have been a goddess of fertility. Well, right now the woman was undergoing transformation, a human trying to ascend to godhood. Middy could obly wish that her ascension would fail. She did not want to pray to her mother everytime she fucks someone.

1 hour ago, Miss Blonde said:

”Ah! You! The one who brought down the Kirin. How have you been? What was your name again? she asked rather politely.

Then there was the other mercenary. The Kirin's killer. What was her name again? Ly? Lay? Leek?  Middy forgot the woman's name. For now she will settle for Lick. It suits her quite well. She would give the woman a brief nod to acknowledge her presence, then mouth a 'thank you' for blessing the cartel blades with her blood.

The attention shifts to her, all of a sudden, perhaps brought about by a desperate bid for normalcy or a desire to cut straight at the heart of their issues, but then multiple pairs of eyes turn towards her with Miss Blonde’s query, and Lycoris is not prepared.

”Ah! You! The one who brought down the Kirin. How have you been? What was your name again?”

Lycoris does not answer immediately, caught on the last question sent her way, hazy memories of shattered ceramic and crimson puddles washing over her.

Her name is not her own.

Her name is not her own, and so she nods in acknowledgement at the Mistress’ silent thanks, pivots and tells Miss Blonde the half-truth. “Lycoris. Cora will be just fine.” A nickname Belladonna had granted her, the very first time she had been brought to the Nest by the Crow’s hunters, bloodied by a foster mother’s harsh fists. “Pleased to see you all again.” Glancing at the mosaic lights of Last Chance beyond the glass, Lycoris hums and casts a wide sweep around the car with her considering gaze. “How goes each of your...businesses?”

@ourlachesism @danzilla3 @Zashiii

Blonde had only used the girl as a momentary shift of their conversation. Cora was someone who Blonde didn’t know, and quite frankly had her eye on. The people who she had hired in the last job had come with a manifest of names and aliases. Yet none of them bore the name of Cora or Lycoris. So that meant one of a few things. Option one. Cora had infiltrated the group of hunters by herself and had possibly heard of the job from one of those drunken bastards then took their place in order to achieve a hidden agenda. Someone who was just looking to get paid perhaps. Option two. Cora was someone from a rival gang or even the police. A mole looking to gain more information about her and the people she kept around her. Option three. The kid was someone like The Mistress, some upstart who wanted to cling onto a stronger entity and build their own strength up and learn.

”Is that so?” Blonde said in a rather curious voice towards the woman.

”As for business, it’s been good across the board.” Blonde said with a rather friendly voice, as if she were speaking to all of them. 

”John. Sit next to me.” A voice would ring inside John’s head. It wasn’t laced with a robotic tone or any kind of modification. 

Her voice was smooth, confident, and held a serious gravitas to it despite it being quite feminine in nature. It was Blonde, and John would know that. Even for a brief moment, it was clear the woman was beckoning him to sit directly next to her. 

”Tell me a little about yourself, Cora. How did you come to join the group of hunters I hired. Surly you must have stories of your adventures together.” Another friendly and cheerful voice.

”I wish to hear them.” There was an air of deadliness to those last few words. 

Blonde awaited a response as the limo continued down the streets of Last Chance, slowly approaching their destination.

Edited by Miss Blonde

Truly, John would never understand women.

First Blonde made clear that he was in the doghouse, now she was telling him to sit next to her. Perhaps she was showing some sign of forgiveness, some willingness to work past his awkwardness when it came to social situations. He truly hoped that was the case, as he wanted to be on her good side for more than just the obvious business reasons. There was a sort of mutual attraction between them that he was sure he wasn't imagining. For now, he would just have to see where things went.

The crime lord got up out of his seat and moved to sit directly next to the masked criminal, being careful not to accidentally touch her. Now that he was pretty much as close as possible without being indecent, he could feel the intensity with which she regarded Cora. He didn't know what it was about the woman that set Blonde on edge, but he trusted her instincts. Silently, he regarded the young woman, neither friendly nor hostile. 

Lycoris watches the man change his seat, shifting closer to Miss Blonde, and allows a smile to grow on her lips, faint and nonchalant.

”Tell me a little about yourself, Cora. How did you come to join the group of hunters I hired. Surely you must have stories of your adventures together. I wish to hear them.”

Lycoris is not fazed by the deadly tone underlying the woman’s last words. Under the severe eyes of the Crow, there can be no other fear of anyone else, for a poison princess.

“I came upon your hunters just like anyone else here,” she glances at the other mercenaries assembled, “seeking just a little bit more coin. I have two little sisters I have to feed, you see, and this is the only manner of employment I am allowed.” Lycoris turns her gaze to catch her employer’s own, a commiserating smile on her face. “Surely you understand that if you have someone you wish to protect, there is room for little else, much less frivolous things as adventures. They are all simply means to fill the stomach of my family.” It is no lie, the existence of the young children she watches over. Perhaps the fact that these girls are poison princesses in the making, however, should be kept under wraps for the time being.

@danzilla3 @Zashiii @ourlachesism

There was a dry robotic chuckle wafting out from Blonde’s mask. The child had not answered her question, which was of course expected. There was a moment of silence after that, a brief moment of contemplation that was ended when the ice cubes in Blonde’s cup clinked against the chilled glass. Taking a deep gulp of the alcoholic beverage, Blonde then set it down in meticulous nature. It was then that Blonde spoke and made sure that perhaps the little girl should take her and her implied threats a bit more seriously given the current situation she found herself in.

”Protecting and providing for those you love are of course more important than the frivolity of adventures. But do you know what’s also more important?” The question was of course rhetorical. 

”Diligence.” She said the singular word with a wag of the finger that would help to remind the girl of who she was. 

”The meticulous nature of those who must be in charge. That White-gloved level of attention that boarders on being almost annoyingly scrupulous. Such as I don’t know, keeping a list of names of all the hunters one hired. Bugging all the jeeps and tents. Then preforming exit interviews for everyone you hired to see if they recognized you.” There was no point in keeping up the charade. 

”Kill her if she moves.” Blonde would then sit up and pull a pistol from her coat and let it rest upon her knee in her gripped hand as she sat up and hunched over to look at their potential little saboteur. 

”Now I’m going to give you one last chance here Cora. You wouldn’t of come here tonight unless you knew that I of course knew.” Blonde said before making sure the soulless lenses of her mask stared directly into the woman’s eyes. 

”So who are you, and what do you want. I don’t want to get blood in my limo, so let’s all be like four little Ropos. And do you know what Ropos are? They’re chill.” Blonde didn’t want to have to resort to violence so early in the night. They still had a job to do and she’d prefer to deal with situation as soon as possible.

Edited by Miss Blonde