Jump to content
Moon Owl

A truly Grim Theatre

Recommended Posts

Blurry eyes slowly open to a horrendous scene, its stench almost unbearable. Breath becomes heavy as he feels the tip of his fingers turns numb. The victims looks up upon Arnau with a cold stare seemingly fixed at him even after moving. Watching them as he passes them by while being dragged he realize that whatever brought their death upon them, first devoured and hollowed their minds. He wants to try to get away, but his arms and legs are limb, paralyzed by some unknown power. Then he feels darkness begin to consume him and the blackness reclaims his vision. For what seems like centuries, silence brews in his mind. Ever so slowly the occasional gentle whisper reaches him, a desperate plea for his return to the world that had been taken from him. He can hear his own heartbeat slowly beginning to fate.

Hope is lost...

Death is imminent...

Then in a sudden flash of light his ears starts to ring loudly. His senses peak and a hand reaches through the darkness and grabs him pulling him into the light. For a moment light blinds him, it burns his eyes until he is able to adjust his sensitive pupils. He finds himself on the ground outside, but where he does not know. He tried to think, but his mind remains a blank tome. An unknown face watches his curiously with a concerned expression. The young voice calls out to him. His mouth opens, he wants to speak but nothing but a desperate gasp comes out. He starts to panic for a moment, yet even so his body remains still.

Breathe…

Focus...

You need to gather yourself…

“Hey mister, are you alright?” The voice speaks. Slowly, he begins to regain control of his body and takes to his feet with the aid of the stranger. Passing bystanders look at him in pity in their eyes while passing before getting back to their errands. His hands feel numb, he tries to press them against each other but he can’t feel anything. There is a black mark on his right palm. A black circle with a cross through it.

“Where am I?” He whispers, still confused about his whereabouts. Has he been abducted? What has happened to him? Why can’t he feel his hands. Why did it feel like he had been smacked over the head with a hammer, causing him a pounding headache? The questions quickly began to pile up in his mind.

Turning around he sees an abandoned theater. The windows are barred but it seems like someone, or something have recently removed the planks to the main entrance. The old and worn doors stood ajar, almost as an invitation for them to enter. He didn’t want to but somehow he felt compelled to oblige. He needed to know what had happened to him and where this strange mark on his palm had come from. However he felt like he might regret the decision further on. Leaving the young that had helped him recover behind, he reached in for the door.

Edited by Arnau Dermont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Act I: A Harrowing Ritual


Main objective: Investigate the scene of the crime to establish motive. 

Question the witnesses.

  • Arnau Dermont, possible victim. (Result: ???)
  • Victor Graham, the young boy. (1d10 Persuasion check. Success: 2+. Result: ???)
  • Jousha Graham, owner of the theatre. (1d10 Persuasion check. Partial: 4+ Full: 6+. Result: ???) 
  • ???

Search the scene of the crime.

  • Decipher the meaning of the symbol. (1d10 Investigation check. Success: 8+. Result: Motive +3)
  • Examine the substance placed on the deceased. (1d10 Investigation check. Success: 3+. Result: Motive +1)
  • Uncover the cause of death. (1d10 Investigation check. Partial: 4+ Full: 6+. Result: Motive +1)
  • Attempt to identify the victims. (1d10 Investigation check. Success: 7+. Result: ???)
  • ???

???

  • ???
Edited by Arnau Dermont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making his way inside, an all too familiar stench slightly overwhelmed him for briefly as it reached him. He covered his mouth and nostrils with the sleeve of his sweater as he continued. Looking around, it seemed that at least for the moment he was the only living soul that remained at the scene. Although he could really use some company to help ease his plagued mind as he watched the putrid waste of flesh before him, he did find some relief in the silence. He needed to find out what had happened here and the nature of his own involvement.

Surely he was not the culprit of such a heinous display of death and violence, but why couldn’t he remember the last 24 hours and what was this mark that had been placed upon his arm? Even from a quick glance you could determine that it did in fact match the symbol in which the bodies had been placed.

Although his senses protested strongly, he decided to kneel at the side of one of the bodies outlining the outer ring of the peculiar symbol in order to examine it closer. All of the bodies seemed to have drenched in some thick and black substance of unknown origin. With his back towards the main entrance from which he had arrived, Arnau hesitated for a moment but gathered courage with a few deep breaths to carefully place his fingers on the foul-smelling liquid, gathering himself a small sample on top of his fingers. He moved it closer for inspection while brushing his fingers slightly against each other in order to take measure of its thickness.

It had deep wooden fragrance mixed with a strong undertone of alcohol. From the looks of it would seemed that they had been fully submerged in tar, however the reason behind it remained shrouded in darkness. He concluded his examination by brushing the remaining fluids from his fingers on his trousers and stood up. He knew that it was just a question of time until others would arrive at the scene, perhaps it would be a good idea to contemplate satisfactory answers to their inevitable questions, lest he himself would end up as a prime suspect for this terrible deed.


Attempt: Examine the substance placed on the deceased.

Investigation check: Success 

Outcome: Motive +1

Edited by Arnau Dermont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...