TNT7QpP.jpg

As you see the bodies you cannot help but cover your mouth from the putrid stench. You slowly realize that the hollow husks before you, once were people full of life. They once had their own desires, flaws and perfections. Now they are nothing more than spoiled food for the rats and maggots that now infest their bodies. You count more than twenty people, all gathered in a specific pattern with the intent to form a some kind of marking. The bodies are painted black with some kind of tar. Together they form a circle with a cross going through it. 

Who could orchestrate such an unspeakable act? 

Does the scene before you make your skin crawl, or are you left fascinated by the artistry left behind for you to witness?

Whatever the purpose and whoever the culprit might be one thing was clear; it was their intent for you to see it exactly as it is displayed before you, as A truly Grim Theatre.

Spoiler

Welcome fellow investigator to a truly intriguing drama thriller taking place in Ursa Madeum, join Arnau as he attempts to unravel the mystery of the minds behind several recent attacks, and also lift the curse that have been placed upon him. 

Taen artifact quest for the Trinity Ring. All are welcome to join, no need to ask permission. You can join for a bit only or drop in later should you wish. Fluent post order, post pace pretty high. If no post in appropriate time then will be skipped. However can always just post when you are able to, no worries. 

Questions, thoughts, concerns? 

"Threads not involving PvP must use the Narrative Damage System or another type of RNG to ascertain that some damage is taken."

Does that mean I must subject my character to the risk of damage? What if I don't want the trinity ring, instead joining for the sake of roleplay (or, for an in-character reason, to solve a brutal murder mystery)?

Edited by HotPizza

5 minutes ago, HotPizza said:

"Threads not involving PvP must use the Narrative Damage System or another type of RNG to ascertain that some damage is taken."

Does that mean I must subject my character to the risk of damage? What if I don't want the trinity ring, instead joining for the sake of roleplay (or, for an in-character reason, to solve a brutal murder mystery)?

I'm also joining up for the sake of roleplay, as only one of us can get the ring in the end and it's most likely @Arnau Dermont😄 And I believe that just means if we encounter anything dangerous, we might run the risk of getting harmed but it ultimately will depend on you if and how your character gets hurt 😊 At least, that's how I understood it!

Edited by ourlachesism

28 minutes ago, HotPizza said:

"When dealing with dangerous individuals like this, there is always some risk of harm." He investigator sighs before facing the scene of the crime once more. He wished that he had known to skip lunch on this day.

"Keep your head down and you'll be fine, don't take any chances and you'll be fine. We're here to protect you, that is our jobs after all." He tried to reassure the man's concerns, however he could not help but notice a similar whisper in the back of his mind. In all of his years, he had never seen anything like this. It would be a long day, that was for sure. 

Spoiler

This quest will be centered around a mystery and not so much with open combat and because of that there is not much risk getting injured. If you do find yourself in a dangerous situation there will be options to avoid it and like the others mentioned you decide the outcome. Just because you get a critical roll against you that doesn't mean that you must be severely injured just that you would be pretty much out of the fight for some reason. Perhaps you get knocked out or stuck under some rubble or something. If I am wrong then please correct me but that is my understanding. 

It is true that there is only one artifact that will be available, however that doesn't mean that your character wouldn't get paid by the authorities or you would have any other motivation that would cause you to also have interest in this incident.