amenities

Destruction des morts

Arashi had been sent here by the request of Peacekeeper Michael Commanger who sent the hybrid in his stead. She had been in deep trouble with the Terran military and Michael offered a way out of it, by working with him. Of course, Arashi thought about refusing the offer, but she accepted and was here to find out if there was something wrong. First point of action was to find the local Peacekeeper and fill them in the situation, but she wasn't too sure on where to find them. Arashi wore her signature full body  black high-tech armor with a helmet with a gas mask and rebreather. Her armor helped her blend into the darkness of the night, but it hindered her fighting in the daytime. Along with a red cape over her armor, Arashi looked very similar to a futuristic knight with it on. 

She had some of her weapons concealed on her back under her cape, incase she had to fight. She had her bow and quiver there filled with enough arrows for quite a while to deal with a possible threat, as well as two greatswords on her back to deal with close range enemies should the need arise. A smart warrior always had plenty of ammo, extra healing items and extra items to use in a fight if need be and that's why she wore utility pouches over her armor. The draconian wasn't well confident in using her weapons to fight, as she was only skilled in using her bow to fight off threats. Granted, this was cheap weaponry she got off of dead soldiers she looted while travelling, but it would have to do till she got replacements for real that'd be much better suited.

Arashi was patrolling around, looking for the local Peacekeeper when she passed the Gaian chruch, when she stopped and noticing noise of talking from inside. Activating the heat signature mode on through her HUD's through the guanlet on her right arm, Arashi looked into the building in front of her, noticing two figures. Noticing a chance to take this threat out if there was a threat or if it was casual discussion, she quietly alerted the guards of the situation, before going to pull the bow off her back and going to pull it back and putting three arrows on it. Arashi had a clear shot of the assassin from standing near the open doorway, so she fired that three arrows at her, hoping it would hit. Arashi knew she would be likely be found out afterwards from where she fired, that wasn't a problem. She was confident she would able to fight her foe head on.

[Engaging Ataraxy's character directly]

@Twitterpated @Ataraxy @Tyler

Edited by Metty

Hey, Ref.

Do I get a penalty for thinking?

Good, ‘cause I think you’re a fucking idiot.

It had been about an hour since Echo received a red card for that interaction. By extension, it had been just as long since she’d left the field- an act that would, probably, get her further suspended from future games, as she’d done so with an enthusiasm that involved punching one of the opposing team’s players.

“Echo, you can’t just do that.”

From her work table, Echo glanced at Kyle. He was hunched forward, typing away fervently on his laptop, looking the part of the super-nerd she’d come to expect from him in the last two weeks. He had wild hair, glasses too big for his face, and a nose so large it encapsulated his entire identity.

“That smile on your face says otherwise,” Echo said flatly. 

The younger man didn’t have the grace to look embarrassed. “I mean, don’t get me wrong. It is funny. But that doesn’t change the fact that you can’t go beating people up whenever you feel like it.” He stopped typing for the briefest of moments. “Why did you punch her, anyway?”

“Because she’s a bitch.”

“You said that already. What’s it supposed to mean?”

“Exactly that.” She returned her gaze to the gun in front of her. “Girl fell down and started screaming the moment I breathed on her. That’s what got me my yellow card before I called out the ref.” Slits in the weapon’s barrel hissed purple as she poured a neon substance into its magazine. “Then, while I was walking off the field, I saw her smiling at me. You can guess what happens next.”

Kyle considered this with a nod. Or at least, that was how Echo pictured him. If she turned away from the glowing goop, it’d likely overflow and melt a hole in the table. “I guess that’s not terrible, then.”

“Thanks, pal. That’s all I wanted to hear you say. By the way-“

At that moment, a high-pitched voice rattled against the laboratory door. It had the brittle quality of wounded pride. Echo and Kyle both looked at each other, confusion dancing on their tired faces.

“That was Bill, right?”

“Had to be,” Echo replied. “Did you make out what he said?”

More yelling in the distance. Kyle shook his head, yawning in the process. “Nope. Why’s he still here? Usually he clocks out at five.”

“Dunno.” Echo shrugged. “Rumour has it his girlfriend broke up with him last week. Maybe there's only sadness waiting for him at home?”

“That would make sense. He hasn’t been…”

“Showering? Shaving? Brushing his teeth?”

“I was going to say ‘sleeping’, but yeah.” The realization only seemed to hit the engineer then and there. “It’s kind of gross.”

“Eh, you gotta feel bad for the guy if that’s the case.” Leaving her prototype behind, Echo started to make her way towards the door. “I’m going to check out what’s got him all riled up. I’ll be right back.” She let the door shut, then walked further down the hall. Apart from the conversation stemming from Bill’s end, the science department was relatively quiet. Everyone not obsessed with their work had long packed up for the day, and the result was a filter of white noise accompanied by dark work spaces.

Echo rounded the corner. The immediate sight of Bill confirmed her suspicions. It didn’t take more than two steps in his direction for her to catch a very particular whiff.

Fuck, she thought. Now I want a burrito.

Taking note of her presence, Bill stammered out his relief. “E-echo! Echo-”

Ha ha.

He blushed. “Uh. This woman. I can’t… please help her, I need to finish up some calculations.”

And with that, the man was gone. Like some novice’s lame magic trick. His absence filled the room with an awkward silence, alongside a sudden awareness that he’d just dumped his problems onto her. Problems that, oddly enough, manifested in the shape of a pretty blonde woman. Echo didn’t know what to make of her at first, other than that the sternness in her eyes didn’t quite match the youth of her face. 

“How can I help you?”

The stranger ignored the question. “Are you a betting woman?” she asked abruptly. “I’d hope you believe in fate more than the other guy.”

Echo’s left eyebrow shot way up. She didn’t say anything.

“I would certainly like to meet whoever’s in charge of this compound,” the woman continued. “Because Tia is about to slide off the precipice of a tall, tall cliff into a valley of razor blades and shit. The military might like to have something to do with that, wouldn’t they?”

Echo blinked. Then stared. 

“Wow.”

The nod that came was slow and ponderous, perhaps deliberately so. “Okay. Hmm.” She folded her arms. “Well uh, how about we try things my way here. Where you stop talking funny and cut the cryptic bullshit? Because if you want to say ‘someone’s going to bomb the city’, then just, I dunno, say ‘someone’s going to bomb the city.’”

She let the moment pass, then took a deep breath. Her patience was running thin. It had been since the soccer game. No doubt it would run even thinner once she was done dealing with Blondie. She didn’t think the woman deserved her ire - most people didn’t - but she wasn’t about to apologize, nor pretend that she enjoyed the eccentricity. 

A quick exhale. “Look, just explain your concerns to me and I’ll see what I can do. I’m not about to waste Command’s time unless you give me a good reason.” Without warning, Echo moved past the woman. It was clear she expected for her to follow. “Also, since you don’t have a visitor’s pass on you, I’m going to need to see some ID. Then you’re going to tell me exactly how you got in here, otherwise I might assume you’re some terrorist who broke in. Cool?”

From that point on, the wheels began to turn. 

@Mag @amenities @Stumbler @bfc @SweetCyanide

Edited by Wade

[Seven days before the events in Tia.]

Someone is calling out to me...

They beseech me...

Beg me for death and destruction...

Yes...it is reverberating through the fabric of the spirit world...an entire city has been marked for doom...

Their wish shall be granted.

[Present Day in Tia]

The air was tinged with the agonizing calm before the calamity. Pathetic mortals and immortals alike, hesitant to leave the safety of their homes, unaware of the futility of their actions. Feurerkönig felt it, feasted off of it, and reveled in the sheer chaos that was to come in just a matter of moments. Most did not know it just yet, but the end was upon them, and doom was traveling through the air, a deep hunger for devastation growing by the moment.

"I have come again, Terrenus, and this time, I am not holding back."

30d4d2b604fc634611760fd791d7b612.jpg

His mission was clear, to herald his own apocalypse of Valucre, and baptize all living things in a sea of hellfire. Some were bred for war, others built for it, with an incredibly small few dangerous enough to be considered aspects of war themselves. Feurerkönig was the war that consumed entire worlds, powerful enough to snuff out all in his wake, yet his power was not yet there. The world needed an extra push towards chaos, with more wars raging at full strength, before his power was fully realized. Conflict was his ultimate realm of influence, and so he needed more to further fuel his mission, so much more.

"Can you feel it? Can you feel the tension? The anticipation of destruction?"

Deafening roars responded back to him, and he knew that it was time, as they were finally entering into the air space of the city itself. "Release the Kriegsreise."

fire_giant_by_jubjubjedi-d56j6gl.jpg

Razor sharp talons released its hold upon the fiery metal creature in its grasp, the flaming giant raging in ire as it fell through the air at great speeds. From the west it came, and in only a matter of seconds, a booming, thunderous sound nearly shook the ground of the entire city as the Kriegsreise crashed through the wall. Blazing in unquenchable anger, it issued out another ear busting roar, and began swinging wildly at the buildings around it, seeking to kill as many as possible.

"There." Feurerkönig pointed at the Watch Fort. "Let me down there, then raze this city to the ground."

9e9a4b9729dc67e73e07bf0f0db13885.jpg

Without even a shred of willpower to resist the command, the black iron construct landed upon the courtyard near the fortified area, letting loose a torrent of vicious flames that put fuel to the panic running unabated in the streets. Once the tyrannical monarch hopped off the spine of the corrupted beast, Feurerkönig beheld the glory of his power as death was let loose in a show of utter surprise and shock. "Your doom has arrived, Tia. The end is upon you!"

His voice boomed unnaturally, enhanced through his magic as the Kriegsdrache flew off back into the skies to wreak more havoc upon the city. Unsurprisingly, alarms were going off, and a squadron of soldiers were already coming to greet him. Laughing in mad glee, Feurerkönig knew this was going to be a day of blood, a day of battle, a day of war. "Come to me, meat bags, and embrace your demise."

@danzilla3 @-Lilium- @spacegy4 @Hurttoto

Edited by Grubbistch

It had been long enough since the teenager had been into anything of this scale.  She had busied herself with tasks petty enough to keep below the radar, but lucrative enough to keep herself well afloat.  It was a pleasant surprise that the Dead organization wasn't exactly dead after all.  Angel was eager to take on the task set before her in the briefing.  The long long past results of her last mission with the group left the masked girl only more determined to succeed this time.

On her stint as an independent the assassin found new ways to utilize her powers and abilities that could apply to any scenario, but the backing and planning of the larger company was more than welcome.  These brief thoughts followed the masked girl as she headed down the street in the direction of the control center seated of the Aidni shaft.  Upon reaching the facility she peered through a gap in a open door finding two individuals inside.  After quietly pressing the door open and stepping inside she'd come around with her right hand as if to punch an individual in the back of the neck.  Moments before contact a blade materialized with a click that plowed through the man's neck leaving him a swift end.

As the first adversary collapsed the second turned toward the thud his colleague made.  Witnessing his ally still on the floor and the girl standing nearby left him stunned for a moment.  Taking the opportunity to try one of her new techniques Ai would grab the man with a telekinetic grasp and swiftly slide him along the floor until his head made a cracking impact against the wall.  This immediately rendered him unconscious.   After opening the nearby shaft the teenager would drag the two bodies in so they fell to the bottom.  The individual whom was simply knocked out would likely not survive the fall and the act disposed of both bodies in the event of a search.  Letting the door to the shaft close behind her the assassin set to work installing the faux ton at the control center level.

Sailing on the winds of fate

Some sights are too much of one to be missed, and this tangled mess of threads was clearly one of them. Roman spotted this city from miles away, center of action, ground zero of the current fate. It was more than obvious that an even of incredible significance would happen soon in this very city. 

As the Fatewalker entered the town, to him it was like a jungle. Threads of fate binding the city to everyone walking in it, like a dangerous web that no one would escape. These webs even stretched outwards as far as eyes can see, reaching out to people that were yet to be in town. The most interesting to Roman however where the ones who shot upwards into the sky, in no clear direction. As he walked through this mess, Blake focused some grayscale on his fingers, gently brushing his fingers on these webs as he carried his way forward guided by a mixture of instinct and observation.

He wanted to see the core of this. Why is all of this happening? Where will it start? His curiosity was too great for him to not wander the city. He could also not help but feel fear as the lone man aware of impeding doom for the people here. Seeing them all go on their normal daily activity while being anchored to destiny as such was more than depressing. He looked away from them and instead focused on the fatemade structure that was present before him.

Sooner than later he found the biggest concentration. It seemed to lead him to a specific building, near the center of the town. Well that made sense at least, this is probably where the elite of the town are for now. And like clokwork he heard the words of a man who sounded like he was at the very least attempting to fill it with authority.

- “This is grounds for removal. You need to remove yourself from this area.”

"Jackpot..." Roman thought. Fate always tries to stop those who are about to halt or slow it down. Of course the key element would be in unreachable grounds, or at least restricted. Thankfully however the Fatewalker had more than one trick in his hands in order to spy on them without the need to be there. Roman found a thread that was obviously linked to the shouting man and brought it up to his ear. He infused it with greyscale, enough for it to be able to be influenced by sound but not enough for it to be visible to those around him. Standing near a wall he listened to the vibration of the cord, which echoed in his cupped hand against his ear, clear enough to be heard in words just like two cans tied with a string. He jumped from cord to cord to follow the conversation, which was rather easy in the fate filled environment.

- “In fifteen seconds, the fellow engineer which you’ve fancied from a distance will drop by to investigate the commotion that you’re needlessly causing. She will smell the remnants of the Big Fucking Chicken Chimichanga that you bought from Taco Harp last night, and will be suitably repulsed. Unless, of course...”

- “Well, here she comes.”

- “E-echo! Echo. Uh. This woman. I can’t...please help her, I need to finish up some calculations.”

- “How can I help you?”

“Are you a betting woman? I’d hope you believe in fate more than the other guy. I would certainly like to meet whoever’s in charge of this compound,” the woman continued. “Because Tia is about to slide off the precipice of a tall, tall cliff into a valley of razor blades and shit. The military might like to have something to do with that, wouldn’t they?”

There it is... but who was this person speaking? No matter how hard Roman looked around he could see no thread linking them. Or any thread for that matter... a sense of gloom sunk on Roman. Was this person a god? A being from another dimension? In any case the odds that this person was the catalyst or even maybe the puppeteer of this whole thing was rather high, but then why was she warning them? He kept on listening.

-Wow Okay. Hmm.  Well uh, how about we try things my way here. Where you stop talking funny and cut the cryptic bullshit? Because if you want to say ‘someone’s going to bomb the city’, then just, I dunno, say ‘someone’s going to bomb the city'.”

- “Look, just explain your concerns to me and I’ll see what I can do. I’m not about to waste Command’s time unless you give me a good reason. Also, since you don’t have a visitor’s pass on you, I’m going to need to see some ID. Then you’re going to tell me exactly how you got in here, otherwise I might assume you’re some terrorist who broke in. Cool?”

And that assumption might very well be right. At least now Roman had a lead, and that lead was this seemingly fateless person. Remaining connected to the thread of the person mentioning a waste of command's time, he peered on further, waiting for his moment to approach.

@Mag @amenities @Wade @bfc @SweetCyanide

Edited by Stumbler

Blood, death, smoke, fire, discord, entropy, chaos. These things coupled with the late dusk bringing more darkness to blanket the region were the things he reveled in. Koji felt exhilarated by it all. His senses grew sharper as his heart rate increased, pushing bursts of adrenaline through his veins. His almond shaped, indigo eyes narrowed as he observed better the closer he grew. He breached the city against all odds, reporting to his airship what he saw. Titans, a dragon, guards and soldiers moving to a fro as the sounds of magitech rifles pierced the veil of silence. There were shrieks and cries of terror, citizens running in fear, some taking cover of false protection even. Koji had no idea what was going on, though he remained unperturbed in his intent. What did however stall his intent for the briefest of moments was a familiar presence on his radar. Sato, Arashi. Ever since he lost track of her in Renovatio, she had managed to break the bond that tied their life forces together. While he wondered how she had done it, he couldn't find the time to investigate. So many things had happened in such little time, not to mention her departure from the general vicinity of either of his territories. Though there was obviously a lot going on, he couldn't seem to resist the temptation of going to her so that he could ask her for himself. This chance would certainly not come to him again so easily. 

Upon reaching the building he sensed her in, a smirk broke his porcelain, previously expressionless face. There was certain irony to finding a church that was too stained with blood and death, though as to what Arashi and the few other life forces around her had to do with it was beyond him. Perhaps she was guilty of assaulting the city in tandem with the rest of the force responsible for such. Precariously, another life form found itself slipping around the shadows from high to low. What was even more curious was that this was a creature he sensed as the undead variety, and yet it move with such sentience and purpose. Not only was it moving strategically away from the church, though it almost seemed to find itself the life of a member of the living to take. While Koji was curious of the undead, he himself was committed to investigating Arashi. A repeated offense of making his late Empress roll in her grave, albeit this was his will and a lackey serving his purpose, Koji dispatched his personal guard; Tasking him with the job of tailing the undead being whom was suiting up into a guard's uniform.

"Follow the undead, if it moves to kill another, engage it. Take it alive if possible."

Seemingly to none, he ordered. The Shinobi that sank into the earthen crust earlier now moved away from his Heika with purpose. So long as he remained in the ground he was nigh undetectable. Likewise he could cover much greater a distance in less time. He would have to be careful not to waste too much chakra, though for now he was quite comfortable with what he had spent and was still spending. Gaki had nearly reach Venus by the time she equipped the magi-gun on her person, in which he continued to follow her when she worked quickly and efficiently to assume the role of a guard and slip into formation with others. Meanwhile, Koji continued by vanishing mid-step, only to reappear  before Arashi and the four guards a split second later. Upon his arrival to them, they would likely notice the eerie feeling that came with not only his entrance, but his presence. A cold chill harassed the spines of the guards, and perhaps Arashi too. Still grinning, he snickered to himself before he graced them all with his baritone rasp of a booming voice for a rather slender man.

"You just can't seem to keep yourself out of trouble, can you? Sato, Arashi!"

He exclaimed her name more with intensity than he did volume. His sudden silent entrance from literally thin air would perhaps go unnoticed until he actual spoke, in which the guards would likely find their attention on him. Should they train their weapons on him, he would respond to them sooner rather than later. To keep their weapons on Arashi would leave him to continue acting coy with her. Should the guards find themselves a split with two aiming at each of them, then the Heika would still react accordingly. Back in his countries, any act against him was virtually a death penalty. Being on foreign soil however, just as he had with his visit to Ursa Madeum, he was willing to dial things back just a bit for the sake of not making poor choices that would hinder his public acceptance in Terrenus even more than it already was. While he would bend his own ways for the sake of his ambitions, surely he would still bring an abrupt end to the life of any that so threatened his own. 

@Ataraxy @Metty @Tyler

Edited by Twitterpated