Godspell

I Cannot Bear it Any longer

Shortly after coming to the Tavern of Legend once again after a long time, Leon had chosen to take into consideration learning about the world around him. For starters; taking on tasks at the tavern, acting as a central hub in which he can gather and return to if more tasks need to be done, hear the good word on the world around him if he chooses to explore further as well as a myriad of other possibilities. Deciding to take on a quest to cull a bear that's been terrorizing the local and becoming more bold and erratic in its behavior. The young man considers himself a good-hearted man, even without the reward he would have still helped as knowledge holds a well of depth all on its own. 

He had recently met a new face, an elven woman named Lenora Everstead who shows great promise in her abilities by how she carries herself and the air about her. Having her as a companion felt like the right choice. 

After retrieving his magicked sword as well as his stave, he would stow his weapons and step outside while waiting for his friend to finish her preparations. His sword sheathed in its uniquely ornate scabbard that wains in a faint ivory light behind a black canvas that is the black leather and steel casing. His stave remained in hand. His abilities to aid them both should be fine for the job at hand. Once he stepped out of the doors, the fog still hasn't seemed to have lifted which could prove to be a problem during their task. Taking into consideration that and preparing accordingly was paramount in gaining knowledge of their surroundings.

@Shaylayy

The door swung open and Loara stepped out with more confidence than when she walked in. She greeted Leon with a small nod.

"I am almost ready to go on this quest. I just need to buy a bow from the nearest town. I broke my old one on the way here. Would it be okay if you accompanied me while I do this before we go after the bear?" she said to him.

Loara knew this would take time off their task, but it was far better to be safe than sorry.

@Godspell

Before she arrived he had taken a moment to check on his equipment once more. Both of his weaponry is in good condition as he had left them before coming to the tavern. His black and ornate blue robes and clothing are fine, his armored attire such as his greaves, gauntlets and a pauldron equipped to his right shoulder are fitted well. It was fairly important to be well equipped, he understood that. 

"Sure, I don't mind. Shouldn't take too long." He replied with as he approached closer, ready to set off. "Did you get directions on where to go? Sadly I'm still unfamiliar about the landscape and possible civilizations around." He added, they should be fine if its walking distance.

@Shaylayy

"Yes, I believe the bartender told me it's this way for a while." Loara pointed down the cobblestone road with an open hand. "Even with this fog, the town will be easier to spot as we approach it."

With a nod, they set off down the path in cool daylight. It had felt like ages since she walked calmly beside someone, as her journey to the Tavern of Legend was long, life-threatening, and lonesome. It had her relax a little, and be confident that nothing was going to attack them on such a fairly short journey.

"So, Leon," she began to say. "what brought you to the Tavern? If I may ask."

@Godspell

Enjoying the morning stroll towards their destination before the real task began, it was a good idea to be properly prepared in which suited your talents. He for one always kept his equipment on hand as well as forging his own as he had the talents to do so being a blacksmith by trade. The black rim wired classes with rectangle frames served to be somewhat serviceable when it came to the fog. Making a mental note on enchanting his spectacles with a quality of life boons at some point, perhaps when the job was done. Taking note to her question he would answer as he would stare off into the distance down the cobblestone road.

"I'm new to this world you see. I've heard the good word that it was a place to be as well were welcome there and it was a good starting point to learning about the world around me. As a magic scholar, I enjoy learning, even if its the world around me or preternatural. I'm somewhat of an adventurer.  Travel around, discover and learn new things and hope to grow as an individual and gain skills to further help those back at home." He replied with earnest, almost seemed like he was rambling on but his words had an unyielding truth to them. "How about you? What brought you here?" He asked as he turned to face Lenora, curious about her tale.

@Shaylayy

Loara nodded at key points of Leon's story, such as his fondness of learning and his sincere curiosity of the new world around him. She looked ahead of her the entire time, somewhat cautious of the fog rolling onto the path in front of them, but her Elven ears were attentive to him. She kept her staff in hand, using it like a walking stick, the sound of it hitting the cobblestone path loud and crisp, breaking the eerily quiet atmosphere.

As he asked the same question back to her, she continued to look on.

"I never needed to leave my home before. But I did always want to. Although, I did not travel so far from my homeland to sightsee, like you may be."

Loara paused for a moment. 

"I search for a cure for my sister's illness. It's unlike any other disease the healers in my homeland have seen, so I decided to take it upon myself to find whatever is needed to heal her. I had heard of the Tavern from my archery master, and I figured someone there may know about the illness or the cure."

@Godspell

Edited by Shaylayy
Added tag

Upon hearing her story he couldn't help but grimace at the unpleasant news that had befallen his ears. A tinge of empathic sorrow tugged at his heart, it was a relatable topic that was now burrowed memories of the past but at the same time, he had to admire her dedication. He replied solemnly, "I'm sorry that you're faced with such a dire situation. I know you coming all this way couldn't have been easy. But you having the resolve to seek a cure is admirable. You definitely have my respects." He said as he continued to walk down the path ahead of them. 

"Everyone has a reason and purpose one way or another... One's tale is never what it may seem," he mumbled under his breath. Maybe them two crossing paths was more than a mere coincidence. Only the tides of fate will reveal that door.

@Shaylayy

"Thank you," she replied warmly to his words. Yes, many would understand that her personal quest is a noble one. Her only concern at this point was being too late to return home; with or without the cure. Should her sister perish before she could return with the cure or at least spend her last moments with her...Loara shook away the thought of it. She needed to focus.

A while had passed and through the fog the spires of a building were in sight ahead of them. They were steadily approaching the town.

"The bartender didn't quite tell me where in town the weapons merchant is, but it should be fairly simple to find it," Loara said. She was looking forward to getting a new bow. Her old one was made of polished red oak, just like her staff, and had intricate blue lines gently etched into it. That was her bow; her pride and her power. But it was broken and lost. Hopefully her new bow will look just as nice, if not nicer.

@Godspell

Edited by Shaylayy

A sudden thought came about him as they were walking, edging towards the outskirts of the town by the moment. He openly spoke out. "What about currency? Will you be able to purchase the bow or might there be another condition? He asked.

He had nearly completely forgotten about the economy and what trading would be like here in hopes it wouldn't be too outlandish for the both of them, still, if she can obtain the bow one way or another, that'll make things better. He would have to ask once they finish the task and return to the tavern. They should be arriving any moment now and hopefully, the fog will be starting to clear up by then, perhaps the sun would pierce through the mist veil that surrounds them. 

@Shaylayy

"Oh, that's a good question," she replied. She gently patted her coin pouch that was attached to her belt. "I do have money, but now that you mention it I'm not sure if they will accept Elven coin."

Then they had passed the final bit of fog before it was relatively clear before them. They had passed a cream colored building with dark red shingles on its roof. The two adventurers had arrived at the town.

It was a bustling town, with people of many races going in all directions. At the center, a large fountain with cherubs spilling water out of their jugs. Buildings of similar colors to the first one they had passed varied in size and shape, with even more people going in and out of them. Loara was familiar with this type of town, where everything seemed to be busy, but she was still in wonder of it all. It had been a while since she was in civilization, since her journey mainly consisted of being in the wilds.

It didn't take them long to find the weapons shop in a market. The hanging axe sign gave the shop's location away.  Once inside, Loara felt cramped by all of the store's wares leaning against each other and hanging off the walls. Loara walked up to the counter.

"Excuse me sir," she spoke softly again. "I would like to purchase a bow and a quiver of arrows."

The tall burly man looked up from his ledger and eyed her. He didn't smile. "Sure. Pick one off the walls and bring it back here."

This was the time Loara was waiting for. Picking a new bow. She turned back towards the rest of the store and walked up to the section that had bows. She eyed each one carefully. Among the long bows, there bows of many woods, each with a different ornamentation. But one stood out very easily to her. This particular bow had the handle swirled, probably for easier grip. It was made of a sturdy-looking wood, but also is flexible enough to bend, and had been varnished black. It was gorgeous, and Loara loved it already. She carefully lifted it off its hook and returned to the counter.

"This one please," she said. "Do you take Elven coin?"

"Yes, we do," the store owner replied. This made Loara give a small sigh of relief.

She paid the price for the bow and arrows. She strapped the quiver on her back and felt like her old self again. She went up to Leon and showed him her new bow. "I got this one. What do you think?"
@Godspell

As they arrived at the very busy town and entered the store that held many arms, he quickly became distracted as to the contents of the shop. Himself was a blacksmith by trade and family origins as he had learned much from his mother and father. He couldn't help but gawk at the plethora of weaponry that was in stock: Swords, staffs, bows, hammers, and axes. There could even be some more unique rarities hiding somewhere but in all, it was like he was but a babe in a store full of treats for the first time. 

He couldn't help but take a liking to a few zweihanders and arming swords as has a liking to those weapon types. What also caught his eye was a beautiful oriental glaive on the rack off to the side. The floral patterns etched onto the blade as well as the metal shaft in contrast to the steel colors with a hint of Sakura and amber. It fitted the gales of spring. He had taken a mental note to have another look at another time, if, it was still there. 

As Loara went up to him with a very charming bow he looked at it in an examination. "It looks very well crafted, quite elegant given its appearance and the polish is nice, looks sturdy and made of good material. it's very becoming of you and should suit you well." He said with a warm smile. Honest words as one who cherishes a good weapon. A sign of one resonating with you is one you can't forget.

@Shaylayy

Loara smiled under her veil. "You seem very knowledgeable with weaponry, Leon."

With her new bow and a quiver of arrows, she was ready to hunt the bear. She looked around for the nearest entrance to the forest that seems to surround this area. But the many, many people who were walking around in different directions distracted her focus. Nevertheless, she doubted the bear would go anywhere far from where its usual victims are; the roads between towns perhaps. She couldn't hide the faintest bit of excitement for this.

"So," she turned to Leon again. "Shall we go on a hunt?"

Using his height to peer over the crowd as much as he could to look for a way out despite such a bustling town in this time of day, Lorara's words rang to him, signaling a response as he got a general idea of the events that will be occurring next: The hunt. With a sly grin, he would respond in kind.

"Yes! Let's go." He said with gung-ho in his voice. The bartender said that the bear attacked places with people but especially shops and stands in the place of food. Off into the distance, he could spot a small marketplace that sold various dishes and treats that are openly vendoring to the masses. Looking a little past, the forest was in the thick of the background and trees were bunched with gaps between the bark. Perfect for when the bear wanted to plan out its attack, he figured. Motioning over to gain her attention, he would point towards that specific area.  

"I think we should enter through there. Just in case the bear tries to attack for food, we can quicken our response and lessen the likelihood of casualties. Agreed?" He muttered. Not wanting to sprout a panic amongst the crowd he tried to limit the loudness of that statement in particular.

@Shaylayy

Loara matched Leon's gaze and saw what he was looking at; a food stall not too far from the woods.

"Agreed," she replied just as softly, as people nearby could be hearing and the two adventurers would not want an uproar. Partially for the sake of the people, but also because it might scare the bear off, and it would just come back another time.

She began to move into the crowd, but it felt like crossing a rapid river. People bumping into her, having to weave through them going in different directions. Eventually she got to the other side, gripping her bow tightly. She had just gotten this bow, and she prayed it would not break on this mission.

@Godspell

Edited by Shaylayy
Added tag

Making his way through the large crowd of people and passerby's he would eventually make his way to the other end in which is near the entrance to the forest. Rearing his left hand down to slightly grasp at the scabbard of his sword while his stave was in hand, he would quickly enter the thick of the forest. The sun's rays were dimly illuminating around them due to the tree's being so vast in size taking in most of the light. While it was still daytime, for the both of them, their ability to find their way should be okay for the most part. Not too soon after entering the forest he's met with markings on the tree. Several digits of long gashes plastered on the trunk of several trees nearby. Due to the size of the claw marks as well as surrounding damage, denting and tearing at the bark, that specific bear was around here at some point in time, as if they entered its marked territory. 

Fingertips examining the depth of the claw marks and counting the number of trees marked: 6. Six trees around them, only growing further deeper into the forest and becoming more robust in environmental damage. Only mere moments had passed and by the time he had finished, a loud, ferocious roar sounded deep within the forest around them. The bears cry echoed clearly, the strength of it by no means weak. Almost filled with venom and anger. As the both of them entered the territory of the creature's hunting grounds. 

"It looks like we're getting close to the target. Are you ready, Loara?" He asked, turning to her as he unsheathed his sword. The sword shimmers and resonates with magical energy as a strong breeze of wind wafted the moment the blade exited the sheath. He held the sword at his left and stave on his right. Both weapons at the ready.

@Shaylayy