Tyler

Tyler's Design Display (Now with Commissions!)

7 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

They’re not showing up on my mobile (not sure why), but I’ve seen them, and they’re awesome!! 

Probably thanks to me using dropbox as the host. If a lot of people have that issue, I can put them onto a image hosting website, though I like dropbox because I can update them far more easily.

1 minute ago, supernal said:

Dude these are awesome

How long did they take on average?

Depended on the complexity of each design, but uh... I'm gonna say two-to-three hours. But with each consecutive design, I'd figure out new tricks or details to add, so then I'd have to go back and make little edits to the previous ones to keep them all consistent. Some were easy because they required less reference images, some (like Cedric) I had to get a little more abstract and free-form with.

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for bumping an old thread like this, but I'm repurposing this as a general showcase for other shit I make too.

So, some logos. First here's my Norkotian Union Flag:

Norkotian_Union_Flag.png?dl=1

Though, I'm sure everyone's seen this by this point (uh, because it's in my frickin' avatar), so this is not really showing off much. I'm thinking on doing a couple redesigns too, one for the pre-Union confederation, and also for the next phase of Norkotia, since my current trajectory has been altered. But more on that later.

Next comes a company I created early-on in Norkotia's history, and which I intend to use increasingly in the future:

Black-Blood-Logo.png

I'm honestly pretty proud of this one, given how many things you can read into the name, logo and color scheme. 

And then for something more humorous. Norkotia is, in many way, Valucre's own version of America (just with a lot more German naming). And you see, no America, real or parody, could possibly be complete without that wonderful thing we call "Fast Food".

Norko-Fast-Food-Logos.png

6 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Also the Abbadon logo! I don't recall if it's ever been posted on Val.

True enough. Not sure I ever really considered this final, to be honest, but here it be:

Abbadon-Logo.png

Edited by Tyler

8 hours ago, The Hummingbird said:

Dude, you're awesome. Keep it up!

Thanks you kindly, sir!

Definitely hoping to start focusing on adding depth to my work and less time grinding solo threads...

6 hours ago, Malintzin said:

When I first read Abigail and saw her picture I thought, "OWFOSG SHE'S PRETTY!" >o< This is really feckin' cool, man.

Also thanks! Might have to update Abby a little in the coming months, but I'll get to it when I get to it.

6 hours ago, supernal said:

BBE icon is the dopeness

Excelleeeeent. 👌 And thank you!

More stuff! So this is my own drawing "style", or whatever the hell passes for a drawing style. To be fair to myself, I was drawing without any references, but doesn't change the fact that the proportions and shit suck. But whatever, was just looking for a quick depiction of the cast of cretins I threw to their doom in Yh'mi:

Murray-SQUAAAD.png

Now, this next one I can only claim partial credit for. The art itself was done by the ever hilarious @zackrobbman, I just made a colored vector version of it.

What you see here is the finale of Chasing Legends, a super fun RP organized by the also super fun @jaistlyn . From top left to right and then down: The Cursor (me), Trey Tyrrell (@Laughingmad), Clive McTeague (Zack), Erin Hale (me), Ignus (@Hurttoto) and Meritio Rivas (Jaistlyn). Of course, outside of those of us in that RP, none of you people are gonna understand what the heck the context of all this is, but trust me, it's weirder than you think.

Disclaimer: Clive is wearing underwear under there, thank goodness.

Chasing-Legends.png

Zack's original art:

Spoiler

XbU7EQh.jpg

Also a JoJo reference:

Spoiler

source.gif

Edited by Tyler

Dang man! Thanks for the mention! 👊 BUT...there is something I have to address. Something truly heinous and despicable. You lied to me a while back sir. A most malevolent and horrible lie. You told me.....

That you couldn’t draw.

I done looked at all these pictures and I am hereby accusing you of self-slander! 🤣 These pics are downright gorgeous! You ain’t no bad artist bo’ah!