supernal

MOBS lobby v3

3 hours ago, Grubbistch said:

Done did it anyway.

Will have post up soon. 

Glad you didn’t wait for me. The benefit of the on site public roller thread is that it doesn’t have to come through a specific person and I always intended for people to handle their own rolls after the first round anyway 

Now that a winner is decided and we’re entering the diminuendo phase I’d be interested in any feedback for ideas on improving either the MOBS system as it applies to the tournament or aspects of the tournament itself

For instance the lounge doesn’t get used that much so maybe it’s a non-essential part of the experience and can just be done away with 

2 hours ago, supernal said:

Glad you didn’t wait for me. The benefit of the on site public roller thread is that it doesn’t have to come through a specific person and I always intended for people to handle their own rolls after the first round anyway 

Now that a winner is decided and we’re entering the diminuendo phase I’d be interested in any feedback for ideas on improving either the MOBS system as it applies to the tournament or aspects of the tournament itself

For instance the lounge doesn’t get used that much so maybe it’s a non-essential part of the experience and can just be done away with 

No one cares about the lounge.

Also, just keep the impartial coin flip. It's literally the cure for the cancer that is T1 comp.

7 minutes ago, Akiris said:

No one cares about the lounge.

Also, just keep the impartial coin flip. It's literally the cure for the cancer that is T1 comp.

I know, that's why I said what I said and suggested what I suggested about the lounge. I was using that as an explicit example to invite further suggestions from the people actually participating (like yourself). Although I appreciate you just cosigning what I said

The second point suggests a false dichotomy I don't want anyone to labor under for the purposes of contributing something useful to the conversation. I'm asking for suggestions on improvements to the system if any exist. I'm not saying that I want to switch back to T1 comp. There are other systems besides MOBS and T1. An example would be that I moved the coin flip to the end of the match rather than the beginning and I think that this improved the experience overall (improving on MOBS without switching to T1 or even making T1 a discussion point) but I'm asking the people that are actually participating (like yourself) so I can validate my observations with practical experience 

So basically your feedback is "I have no suggestions and like things the way they are". If so then thanks 🙂 I like it too

Edited by supernal

Let me make it even easier for you and any other participants. This is just to get you thinking about the experience as a whole and not meant to put blinders on the feedback or suggestions:

1. I added arena suggestions to the first post. Is this useful to keep or no? 
  2. How's the 3 day / 2x skip rule working out?
  3. Incentives right now are: 1) an IC purse, 2) an article on the championship fight / the champion, 3) mention as a notable person in a relevant lore article where applicable 4) a castle that cycles with the champion - do you like or dislike some incentives more than others or are pretty neutral about any/all of them?

1. Yes keep that. I liked the biazo isles fight I had with Akiris even though it did not go my character's way in the end. I would actually prefer it enforced where the characters would randomly get placed into an area within that list.

2. I think it works fine.

3. Neutral to them but I would like to see incentives for participants that come in 2nd or even third. Lesser ones of course but it would maybe make the effort more palatable.

1 - A couple maps to select from is good for this kind of format. Maybe switch them up or add greater variety if there's more participants in future events. But some parameters for presents lowers the need to be the first post in order to not get trolled on map choice.

2 - There was one no show in round two. I don't quite remember previous editions of MOBS tourneys, but only one out of eight seems like an improvement. But I'd credit that to flipping at the end rather than the beginning. Personal opinion is thats it's easier to write up to a situation that could go either way one post later and the resolve with a flip than start writing towards a predetermined victory while waiting to change gears in case of a no show.

3 - I did this to push Akiris' story and got three fights out of it. As for rewards... People have started up IC empires... I have no interest in that but crafted gear... I'd say interest in rewards is a your mileage may vary kind of thing.

So my takeaways: 

1. Keep a list of predetermined places. People can select and/or roll for where they end up fighting. I like
  2. Everything seems fine here so moving on
  3. I did an RP survey a while ago and the majority preference was for "fame" and "notoriety" type rewards. That said, the survey was about general roleplay. Tournament / combat roleplay is a niche within a niche so the rewards preference very likely skews. I think material / equipment could be a good incentive

How do you (@Akiris@Dolor Aeternum, anyone else) feel about a meta-material weapon from the Terrenus list as a reward? 

Going along with Dolor's tiered suggestion maybe Weapon, Object, Trinket for 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Edited by supernal

I think that idea works out. Doesnt have to be something grand but being able to receive an item for what constitutes to about 2 pages or more of writing/character building/effort would be nice. It is up to the player afterward to build from there. I know I speak from a point of bias since i like being rewarded with something though the experience/character story progression may end up being the greater reward but i dont think i am the only one.

Maybe a one use stacking reduction to the the post requirement for item aquisition by -5 for each match participated in? 1 to 1 effort to reward like that.

I use the phrasing completed because while 5 posts each is the stated requirement, the opponent no showing shouldn't deminish the effort of the person that showed up.

@Akiris before I go wrangle a reporter for the championship article is that something you’re interested in or not so much? 

Also you can rename and relocate the current castle dot on the landing page map. If no intention / desire to use it let me know 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

@Akiris before I go wrangle a reporter for the championship article is that something you’re interested in or not so much? 

Also you can rename and relocate the current castle dot on the landing page map. If no intention / desire to use it let me know 

I could. But isn't there one match left?

And I'm pretty sure I'm out of the running for the grand prize. Wouldn't the one who won the castle be better for deciding it's specifics?

Just now, Akiris said:

I could. But isn't there one match left?

And I'm pretty sure I'm out of the running for the grand prize. Wouldn't the one who won the castle be better for deciding it's specifics?

@Thotification is the defending champ but they’ve put up a few AFVs. I’ll use this tag so they can let us know if they’re intending to participate 

Why are you out of the running? Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought you won your match?