jaistlyn

[Open PvE event] Calling for warriors to battle dark creatures in Yh'mi!

2 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

The mission pass/fail will affect the rewards your characters get, and also affect the storyline for the next level. 

....Rewards? 

In Yh'mi?

Ok!😀 Surely this whole venture isn't just a farce to add fresh souls to The Dark One's army. Cause that kind of stuff probably neeeever happens in Yh'mi. Nope! That'd be craaaaaaaaaazy!🤪

Just now, Fierach said:

Jaist did once tell me she needed more bodies to make new undead knights >_>

Hence, I picked an over-confident, degenerate, moron to play in this RP. No mercenary with half a head on their shoulders would step foot in Yh'mi for money. 🤣 

No offense to those who did though.😐

1 hour ago, jaistlyn said:

As a form of defence, you can do a "push back" to attempt to stop the twistlings from reaching the wagon, but you have a 1/3 chance to succeed in a pushback.

This is bullshit. It's already established that the twistlings don't consume an action to move towards the wagons.

This is twice now that I've tried to post and a new rule was made just because of Ed, so before I go three for three I'd like to know where this game of calvinball ends. We have precedent for one character to use a prevent 1 damage action to aid another. So unless calvinball, there isn't much of a reason why Ed can't choke slam the twistlings when they try to attack.

I said Ed is tanking. Not pure self defense. And if you hate this you're going to just love him in the next round.

10 minutes ago, Akiris said:

This is bullshit. It's already established that the twistlings don't consume an action to move towards the wagons.

This is twice now that I've tried to post and a new rule was made just because of Ed, so before I go three for three I'd like to know where this game of calvinball ends. We have precedent for one character to use a prevent 1 damage action to aid another. So unless calvinball, there isn't much of a reason why Ed can't choke slam the twistlings when they try to attack.

I said Ed is tanking. Not pure self defense. And if you hate this you're going to just love him in the next round.

Nope, perhaps it’s a misunderstanding - the Twistlings start at the wagon but can be pushed back max 3 spaces. It has always been the case, Tyler can attest to that.

Which rules do you mean? I admit that I assumed you were using the 3 defences for yourself when you didn’t specify. That’s my mistake. Were you defending someone else?

One of it was that the wagon cannot be healed, but that’s more a clarification than a change. What’s the other?

Edited by jaistlyn

Just now, Akiris said:

Tanking? Like a Reinhardt that protects his team with his shield, or like a Roadhog that's nowhere near the fight and just keeps using his heal in case one of the enemy team decides to attack him for no reason instead of killing his team or capping the objective? 

And uh...I know you may be a little upset but uhhhh...so...you're gonna kill one of those things right? 

Just now, jaistlyn said:

My initial guess was he would be going for the Magnus all the way and use the 3 defence to negate any kickback from attacking, but that’s just my speculation.

...That'd be a cool way to advance upon a strong opponent, but our wagon is kinda sort of about to fall apart. But hey! Thanks for that battle tip! 😀

35 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Nope, perhaps it’s a misunderstanding - the Twistlings start at the wagon but can be pushed back max 3 spaces. It has always been the case, Tyler can attest to that.

Which rules do you mean? I admit that I assumed you were using the 3 defences for yourself when you didn’t specify. That’s my mistake. Were you defending someone else?

One of it was that the wagon cannot be healed, but that’s more a clarification than a change. What’s the other?

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to defend the wagon. That's kind of the point of this right?

2 hours ago, Akiris said:

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to defend the wagon. That's kind of the point of this right?

The objective is to defend the wagon, but the mechanic does not allow a direct shield over the wagon. I didn't factor in any action on the wagons at all (besides them being attacked) while trying to balance the game (not kidding myself or anyone, it is a game). 

Think of it as a board game, as others have mentioned. The rules may not be perfect or have perfect logic, and there is always room for improvement.
If I allow defending the wagons, it will tip the game too much in the heroes' favour. I would be interested to hear if you have any suggestions on how to counterbalance this mechanic? While keeping the rules simple.

Edited by jaistlyn