jaistlyn

[Open PvE event] Calling for warriors to battle dark creatures in Yh'mi!

Eheehee, now perhaps that doomstack in the upper-right quadrant will be broken up soon. (Granted, sheer numbers dictate the other quadrants will be bolstered notably... but they'll be less, uhh, doomy doom stacks, you know?) šŸ‘€

Edited by EpicRome23

5 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

The objective is to defend the wagon, but the mechanic does not allow a direct shield over the wagon. I didn't factor in any action on the wagons at all (besides them being attacked) while trying to balanceĀ the game (not kidding myself or anyone, it isĀ a game).Ā 

Think of it as a board game, as others haveĀ mentioned. The rules may not be perfect or haveĀ perfect logic, and there is always room for improvement.
If IĀ allow defending the wagons, it will tipĀ the game too much in the heroes' favour. I would be interested to hear if you have any suggestionsĀ on how to counterbalance this mechanic? While keeping the rules simple.

Grappling twistlings directly doesn't involve interacting with the wagon. And the solution was very simple. Have the monsters focus on going after the players instead of the wagons. Yeah, it might be the heroes lose condition. But do the creatures of Yh'mi need be driven by human goals?

I've actually been paying attention. When the chitten packs appeared, had the saevion dropped to the bottom right and layered their muti-target hits with the chittens attacks they would have in no uncertain terms decimated the quadrant. And that performance could certainly be A: repeatable and B: Wouldn't even include all the allotted monsters. The twistlings would then be free to break cover and pick off low health heroes that tried to escape the quadrant. Warriors changing places so their allies can heal up, but thier overwatch is actually their executioner.

Then of course have the magnus show up late on the opposite side. We all saw that things stats.

At least that's what I would have had the monsters do if I was controlling them. I don't think they needed to be any stronger to be a serious threat and I'm dumbfounded on how smoothly this is all going for the heroes. But at this point there's no profit in panicking and hotfixing the problem. Just take notes and do the alterations for the next event all in one go.

8 minutes ago, Akiris said:

Grappling twistlings directly doesn't involve interacting with the wagon. And the solution was very simple. Have the monsters focus on going after the players instead of the wagons. Yeah, it might be the heroes lose condition. But do the creatures of Yh'mi need be driven by human goals?

I've actually been paying attention. When the chitten packs appeared, had the saevion dropped to the bottom right and layered their muti-target hits with the chittens attacks they would have in no uncertain terms decimated the quadrant. And that performance could certainly be A: repeatable and B: Wouldn't even include all the allotted monsters. The twistlings would then be free to break cover and pick off low health heroes that tried to escape the quadrant. Warriors changing places so their allies can heal up, but thier overwatch is actually their executioner.

Then of course have the magnus show up late on the opposite side. We all saw that things stats.

At least that's what I would have had the monsters do if I was controlling them. I don't think they needed to be any stronger to be a serious threat and I'm dumbfounded on how smoothly this is all going for the heroes. But at this point there's no profit in panicking and hotfixing the problem. Just take notes and do the alterations for the next event all in one go.

I can understand what you mean.

Soooo....you uh....you gonna take out that Twistling? Next round starts tomorrow.šŸ˜…

@AkirisĀ earlier I compiled 100 most recent d12 rolls and realized that it was disproportionately rollings 12s, almost twice the probability that it should happen. Could be a freak streak of luck, but more than likely its due to the non-ideal algorithm behind the random number seed, which we haveĀ no control over. There areĀ more hero rolls than monster rolls in total, which then makes sense why the heroes areĀ more lucky. More rolls = more chances of hitting 12 on the biased die.

Other than that, I agree fully with taking notes and altering the next event, which is what Iā€™ve been consistently advocating too. Are we then in agreement that we go on with the current rules (which includes no healing or defending wagons) and gather a round of feedback/suggestions when thisĀ battle is over?

Edited by jaistlyn

For my part, I recall the bottom-right still being fairly hefty numbers-wise when the Chhitten arrived. It only emptied out when everybody moved to doomstack against the Saevion. I didn't want to move down to the bottom-right because I had made some fair progress toward the upper-right wagon, and the rule where the monsters kept their wagon progress between quadrants hadn't yet been implemented. So uhh, by the time I found it ideal to move my Saevion down, they were killed before I could do one last action.

And I am definitely in favor of a round of feedback/suggestions, if you couldn't already tell from my rant/feedback post some pages back šŸ§

AHEM....

*straightens tie*

Sick of those littleĀ chitterlings? Running out of people to blame for your eventual death and shortcomings? Want to witness the destruction of a wagon or be sexually harassed by a young, degenerate mercenary? COME JOIN THE TOP RIGHT TODAY! We've got it all! Peril! Doom! Jack Murray's SQUAAAAAAAAAD! Backstabbing Twistling SCUM! A woman with an M-60 that talks like she grew up on the bayou! A devoted healer that doesn't care about about the POTG! Some other hot girl that can shoot ice! And another guy that may hate us all! What more could you ask for man!? So hurry up and join the TOP-RIGHT! Admission is FREE!Ā 

DISCLAIMER:Joiningthetoprightispossiblythedumbestthingyoucoulddorightnow.Itsterribleherepleaserunforyourlivesandprotectyourownwagon.TheonlyreasonI'mputtingupthisadisbecauseweneedmoremeatshieldsandtheMagnusmayresurfaceonoursidesoon.

Edited by zackrobbman

12 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

@AkirisĀ earlier I compiled 100 most recent d12 rolls and realized that it was disproportionately rollings 12s, almost twice the probability that it should happen. Could be a freak streak of luck, but more than likely its due to the non-ideal algorithm behind the random number seed, which we haveĀ no control over. There areĀ more hero rolls than monster rolls in total, which then makes sense why the heroes areĀ more lucky. More rolls = more chances of hitting 12 on the biased die.

Other than that, I agree fully with taking notes and altering the next event, which is what Iā€™ve been consistently advocating too. Are we then in agreement that we go on with the current rules (which includes no healing or defending wagons) and gather a round of feedback/suggestions when thisĀ battle is over?

Sure. I'll alter my post again. Just no quality this time.