jaistlyn

[Open PvE event] Calling for warriors to battle dark creatures in Yh'mi!

Hmm I re-read the post because I was distracted while reading it the first time. Perhaps we should ask @Lawman. For Flash Freeze, were you using the previous rule of enfeebling an enemy so it gives -1 to a future roll? “Worsening an enemy’s situation” is in desolate’s original d12 rules, but I dropped it for this thread because it felt a bit vague to me and I couldn’t translate it directly into the stats.

Just wanted to clarify!

Also also - it is possible to use the freeze as a free action (or ‘cosmetic’, as I put it earlier), and  use the second action for something else instead, but it means the Twistling breaks out of it for free too.

Edited by jaistlyn

2 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

I did the quick study of a hundred rolls. I am aware that it’s a small sample size, so I posted it as an fyi here (I talked about it somewhere in our back-and-forth too), and I did not mean that people cannot use the dice rolling thread here, though anyone can choose to use external sites or physical dice depending on their preference.

If you want to conduct a study of a thousand rolls on the thread, I’ll be interested to see the result.

Nope. If someone wants to make a claim then they have the burden of providing evidence for said claim.

For example, as far as I'm aware the post itself cannot be removed by a standard user. The content can be deleted or altered and then a note is attached to the post marking the time it was edited.

This makes the dice rolling thread very hard to cheat. Because if someone doesn't like thier roll they cannot entirely 'sweep it under the rug'. An edit note in the physical post would remain.

Not so much for an outside site. 'Fairer rolls' is an unsupported claim and not one players are entitled to. Fudging the rolls is entirely in the domain of the game master and is not a decision to be made lightly on top of that.

I'll put right here that the Valucre Dice Thread is fair under the standard that everyone in the event uses it. If everyone is bound by the same roller, then no one has an advantage due to the roller used. It all comes from the same source of RNG.

Come to think of it. Last round I rolled 3 actions for Ed. Assigned 3 attacks to a twistling and rolled the RNG to hit all three times killing it. If there hadn't been that last surprise twistling it would have been the clutch action to save the top right wagon.

If I had claimed I got that result in an off-site roller and you guys should just take my word for it, there would be a riot in this thread and I'd be told to cut my bullshit and roll properly in the dice rolling thread.

So the Valucre Dice Rolling Thread helps nip drama in the bud too.

8 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Hmm I re-read the post because I was distracted while reading it the first time. Perhaps we should ask @Lawman. For Flash Freeze, were you using the previous rule of enfeebling an enemy so it gives -1 to a future roll? “Worsening an enemy’s situation” is in desolate’s original d12 rules, but I dropped it for this thread because it felt a bit vague to me and I couldn’t translate it directly into the stats.

Just wanted to clarify!

Also also - it is possible to use the freeze as a free action (or ‘cosmetic’, as I put it earlier), and  use the second action for something else instead, but it means the Twistling breaks out of it for free too.

Ah, I'll edit my post then, sorry bout that! Yeah, I was using the old rules without knowing it.

Edited by Lawman

4 hours ago, Akiris said:

So the Valucre Dice Rolling Thread helps nip drama in the bud too.

Agreed for the most part, but I maintain that for this particular thread, people have the freedom to choose whichever dice system they prefer. That has been the case right from the start. I know that some love the chance to use their physical dice. 

Edited by jaistlyn

On 1/20/2019 at 9:20 PM, jaistlyn said:

Sorry for the delay, iv been sick the past week and a half or so, but I am working on it now!   Might be a bit rushed cause lots is going on today though since I couldn't do much while sick.

14 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Agreed for the most part, but I maintain that for this particular thread, people have the freedom to choose whichever dice system they prefer. That has been the case right from the start. I know that some love the chance to use their physical dice. 

Speaking of which, from what I recall you increased the boost change.  Does that mean that since you changed it from +1/+2/+3 to +1/+3/+5 (IIRC), my +3 became a +5?

How many actions did you use to enhance? If it was three, than yes, that equals a +5 under the updated boosts. But, granted, idk about retroactive boosts to previous rolls. 👀

Edited by EpicRome23

3 minutes ago, EpicRome23 said:

How many actions did you use to enhance? If it was three, than yes, that equals a +5 under the updated boosts. But, granted, idk about retroactive boosts to previous rolls. 👀

Yeah, I used 3

2 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Yup, it’s a +5 then!

Cool!

Also, curious note.  If its in both, or at least can be attacked by both the Top and Bottom Left, when it moves closer to a Wagon does it just somehow move closer to both?  Or will it have to move closer to one and away from another?  Since the wagons are in seperate sections, I wasn't sure if it could move towards both or not.