jaistlyn

[Open PvE event] Calling for warriors to battle dark creatures in Yh'mi!

Hi all. Really enjoyed checking in on this thread from time to time and seeing your feedback along the way. Super thanks to jaistlyn for taking ownership of the system and working it to the bone, and mega-thanks to all the players for rolling through any of the issues you had with it. If anyone has additional thoughts on alterations to the game mechanics, feel free to shoot me a PM or link me to anything you posted previously that you still feel strongly about.

As an additional question, are such dice systems something you would like to see better supported in Terrenus (in terms of canon), and better supported on Valucre (in terms of technology)? If it's not something you would see yourselves doing again, then it isn't something we would spend a whole lot of time on developing further.

2 minutes ago, ChaosLord said:

@jaistlynSorry for the delay, Feburary was kind of a bad month for me.  Is there still time to make a roll and post for this round, or is it already over?

The battle is over, so there is no need to roll, but feel free to close out your character's involvement in this thread, grab a shiny weapon or armour from the Magnus' guts, and join us to chill in the hub thread before the start of the next phase!

8 hours ago, desolate said:

Hi all. Really enjoyed checking in on this thread from time to time and seeing your feedback along the way. Super thanks to jaistlyn for taking ownership of the system and working it to the bone, and mega-thanks to all the players for rolling through any of the issues you had with it. If anyone has additional thoughts on alterations to the game mechanics, feel free to shoot me a PM or link me to anything you posted previously that you still feel strongly about.

As an additional question, are such dice systems something you would like to see better supported in Terrenus (in terms of canon), and better supported on Valucre (in terms of technology)? If it's not something you would see yourselves doing again, then it isn't something we would spend a whole lot of time on developing further.

I'll give a proper feedback on the roll12 system in that thread. On your additional question, I like having the option to choose different systems to use throughout Valucre, not necessarily tied to Terrenus. In general though, dice rolls are on the rise, so I would like to see it better supported on Valucre (like being able to include a roll in IC threads or something, and if possible, a better random number algorithm.)

No... they mostly failed because their writers disappeared from Val... Yh’mi quests are all canon so by extension, their characters disappeared 😉

So more inactive players means more cannon fodder for me to turn into fallen knights! MUAHAHAHA ..ahem.

Edited by jaistlyn

1 hour ago, jaistlyn said:

No... they mostly failed because their writers disappeared from Val... Yh’mi quests are all canon so by extension, their characters disappeared 😉

So more inactive players means more cannon fodder for me to turn into fallen knights! MUAHAHAHA ..ahem.

Plot armored can't save you from a vanishing writer! Lol

@Dolor Aeternum @P.N.See Maybe I can help a little here with context. Vlad is referring to the maddening mists event which happened throughout Terrenus -> 

It’s an old event, so I don’t expect Dolor to have known about it. The event was split into 5 threads, all linked in the topic above, and all of them have canon summaries so it is easy to read. Vlad participated in taking down the Tia spire.

I don’t know if Soryn was supposed to be around in Daily Weekly when that had happened, but I can give you ‘off the record’ information if you’re interested to reveal them/process and think what to reveal 😉 - just hmu in PM or discord!