supernal

Salvaging an outpost from brain worms

Location - Outpost grey: https://www.valucre.com/topic/34933-outpost-grey/

Affiliation - This thread is for current or potential members of Justice. Justice is a vigilante / anti-hero group. Come for the violence, stay for the morals. Their intelligence network gathered confidential information about outpost grey and are sending a vanguard to investigate and secure, as necessary

Plot detail - Some sort of parasitic worm has flourished in outpost grey and leveled the population, only a fraction of which remains. It seems to partially hijack its host meanwhile consuming its brains and organs, resulting in paranoia, then insanity, then murderous violence, then death, often but not always in that order.

Your 'mission' can vary depending on how the RP shapes up between the players. You can go there to cure the remaining population of the parasite and/or discover there is no cure so better to quarantine them or put them out of their misery with a mercy killing and/or that there is no population left to help so you want to secure the outpost for future use

Players - ethela penna as Hawke; Lilium as Capria; You as Who?

Looking for just one or two max players to add to this

Brevity-ish rules, meaning a post within 2 days of it being your turn with a soft word max of 300. Aiming to see the thread completed at about the 15-20 post range with option to "checkpoint" (canonize thread at that point but keep posting for after)

Edited by supernal

If I were to join, which I can't atm, but if I were to join I would use Detective Hawk. If only to just fuck with Mag's character lmao The idea of an entire thread forcing him to make a constant distinction between Hawk and Hawke makes my week. And Hawk would have a keychain that's shaped like a box. Ughhhh This is taking a lot of will power to resist hahahaha

/End random Ataraxy intrusion

@-Lilium- @P.N.See @Lilja @Zashiii

EDIT: I almost forgot to announce a posting order. I'm going to make one up right now, and you'd best stick to it. This means, for instance, that Lilium will be posting at some point on November 14th, and that'd best be happening, dear Lili. P.N. See ought to get something out by the 15th, although since this is introductory round, P.N.See can post before Lili if they'd like. Zashiii has a hard limit of the 16th.

1. Ethela

2. Lilium

3. P.N.See

4. Zashiii

5. Lilja (pending the repair of her laptop)

A few things.

A) The thread's up.

B) Brevity rules applies. Rough word limit of 300 words per post. I'm going to call a hard limit of 400 words (to cover my own verbose behind, mostly), meaning that I'll pretend everything after the 400th word of a post does not happen.

C) Hard Brevity rules apply, forget what Supes said. Once the previous person posts, you have a maximum of one day to either post or announce a skip. (Same-day posting is encouraged.) Failure to do either will result in your character mysteriously disappearing into the Shiddidark Jungle, and presumed to be dead by the remaining party - i.e., you're out of the RP. Basically, I'm enforcing hard post time limits of One Day. This includes me. If I fail to post or announce I'm skipping, tell Supes to ban me. I'm overriding Supes here since I made the thread, so now it's mine to do with as I like :V. It's 300 words, you've typed more than that in a single message during dumb debates on Discord [probably][not speaking from experience].

D) This is a Justice thread. This means a few things: firstly, that this is ostensibly a "good guy" thread. We're more of ends-justify-the-means kind of people, but not edgy. The participants on behalf of the secret organization Justice - Hawke and Capria - will not brook evil acts or wrongdoings that are not justified in some manner. The rules can be stretched here. Punishment, however, will be meted out, should overt evil demonstrate itself. This might be interesting in itself. But this is a "good guy" thread. Keep that in mind.

E) Have fun, don't get in each others' way, and try not to die, although grevious harming is also highly encouraged. This is some B-horror-movie stuff we're walking into, folks.

Edited by ethela penna

16 hours ago, ethela penna said:

@-Lilium- @P.N.See @Lilja @Zashiii

EDIT: I almost forgot to announce a posting order. I'm going to make one up right now, and you'd best stick to it. This means, for instance, that Lilium will be posting at some point on November 14th, and that'd best be happening, dear Lili. P.N. See ought to get something out by the 15th, although since this is introductory round, P.N.See can post before Lili if they'd like. Zashiii has a hard limit of the 16th.

Got it.

Just now, Zashiii said:

Is it possible for Ravenbush? I hope she qualifies as a recruit. 

It is possible I just want to make sure that you know that, since Ravenbush is the head of a cartel and is now trying to become a footsoldier in a vigilante militia more or less. I just wanted to be clear to avoid any confusion down the road

Middy or the Mistress was the head of the cartel. Ravenbush is her younger twin sister and polar opposite. Although it can ne confusing sometimes because the Mistress would borrow the name Ravenbush if she plans to do something good. 

Edited by Zashiii

39 minutes ago, Zashiii said:

Middy or the Mistress was the head of the cartel. Ravenbush is her younger twin sister and polar opposite. Although it can ne confusing sometimes because the Mistress would borrow the name Ravenbush if she plans to do something good. 

Awesome. I didn't read it at the time, just saw you posted. I did read it now and ttly got that, and neat drama too! But this line gives me pause: "How or why a woman like her would be invited to a group like Justice was something the Madame had trouble understanding"

Because it's like, if it's that much of a stretch maybe Justice wouldn't reach out, and risk the operation by having a cartel member in the ranks

But if you're sure that it won't be an issue (i.e. the reason can't be that Justice is sloppy, dumb or blind to the obvious) then proceed! That was a great round of posts from everyone 

Edited by supernal