The Alexandrian

Strangers in the Night [Networking Event]

Thurgood/Middy

"THURGOOD SINGLANCE! SIT DOWN!" the Mistress roared hoping the man would see reasons.

Unperturbed by the man's sudden actions, the Mistress put off her cigar and deposited it in a nearby ash try. Cold eyes assessd Thurgood's profile. It seems the Mistress is mistaken about him.

"It seems you are a better man than I expected. For that," the Mistress bowed her head, "Please accept my apologies."

Without looking up the Mistress continued, "Please listen to my tale. The public is wrong. The previous head of my company, my mother, was Dredge's lover and we her subordinates were compelled to assist the monster. At the Battle of Last Chance, I eliminated our previous head and took control of the cartel. My first orders were to break our ties with the Legion."

The Mistress paused, as if reminiscing. "I..carried the burden of my mother's crimes as it was my responsibility. Tormo was the first settlement the Legion sacked. I was there as an honorary member of the vigilante group known as Justice. I was no match for Dredge or his monsters but I have secured a few refugees most of them are kids. Orphans. Will you to take them? Give them a home? As part of your noble house? I don't want them to be tainted with my family's sins."

"Take my orphans and I will tell all I know about Uldwar."

Finally done with her request, the Mistress remained bowed, waiting dor the man's response.

Edited by Thotification

Thurgood/Middy

Well, that's an abrupt turn of events.

Thurgood does indeed sit back down and listen, but Middy's words don't have the full impact mainly because he honestly has no idea who the Legion is, nor what they've done. The part about the orphans does intrest him though, mainly because what House Singlance is lacking most is people.

"While the plight of these orphans does indeed strike me as a situation I may be able to... oh, what are the words I'm looking for..." Thurgood says, "well, I can't make that decision alone. I gotta talk to Av, and more importantly, the orphans. I will never force such a... thourougly transformative shift in one's life on anybody. I believe first and foremost in individual liberty. If Av's on board and these orphans want to become a part of House Singlance, great, we can give them a place in this world. If any of them for whatever reason don't, they're free to pursue other possibilities."

Honestly, the only person ever allowed to make unilateral decisions about House Singlance is Aveline, mainly because Thurood is never going to punish, nor admonish her for any decision.

Edited by notmuch_23

Thurgood/Middy

Middy raised her head. Judging by his reaction, it seems Thurgood doesn't know her circumstances yet. But she managed to grab the man's attention. Even for a short while. But the man did blow her cover to Hell Gate's personnel and the Mistress is still bitter about it.

"That would be good enough for me, Thurgood," the Mistress spoke after a while, "The orphans are more than happy to be in a good home but the lands only reminds them of their unfortunate tragedy. Now that I've found someone from a noble house, I figured it would be a chance to give them a better life than their past one."

The Mistress shrugged. "That and I'd rather give these kids to Singlance than House Uldwar. The things I've witnessed....." Her voice trailed off as she looked away from Thurgood the same way one avoids looking at a bad memory. "And lastly, I'll have some other reasons to visit Taen. Something other than to chat with Wilder."

"How is John doing nowadays?"

Pearl/llyana

Spoiler

647572.jpg

Pearl never knew what to wear to these types of events.  She figured that you can't go wrong with the little black dress.  It had a very short skirt, and she made up for the lack of material by covering up her legs with thigh high boots.  There were special holsters made to go around the top of her boots, holsters for her glocks.  She didn't hide them this time, unsure if she'd get to keep them.  Honestly, there weren't many places she could hide them with this dress.  Hanging around her waist like a sparkly decorative belt was her chain whip.  It wasn't as if she expected trouble here, though one can't be too careful, it's just that she'd feel naked without her weapons.  She'd been a soldier for years, and some things just stuck with you.  In her hand was a dainty, glittery, black purse.  It seemed very small and feminine when looking at the glocks and shitkicker boots, but a lady needed a place to put her lipstick and smokes.  

She wasn't used to the hovercrafts, or being followed by a personal servant.  She'd tried to give hers the slip soon after arriving.  She felt spied on, and was used to taking care of her own needs.  When she'd wandered out onto the lawn soon after making her entrance to the party, she'd headed straight for the drinks provided.  The whiskey was smooth going down, and she wondered if she could get a bottle to take with her when she left.  

Pearl didn't believe that everyone was here to make Valucre miseries disappear.  There were some here as predators, hunting the weak with the power they had accumulated through other's misfortunes.  Pearl's kingdom, Seinaru Forven, wasn't one to have profited from that.  It'd once been from a much larger kingdom, called Elendaron.  They'd gone through their own misfortunes.  She now had to get used to living on a floating island, where before it'd been surrounded by water.  It hadn't been easy to deal with all the changes, too numerous to think about now.  The one good thing they had going for them is that they still had possession of the precious crystals that provided energy for lucky people who wanted to use them.  She had a bargaining chip, and was willing to trade for alliances, protection, or much needed supplies for her people.  The leader of the land, Skacharm, couldn't make it today.  He was doing all he could to hold Seinaru Forven together.  It was up to Pearl, his new second in command, to make any alliances needed.  She'd rather fight than make peace, but she'd had to adjust along with everyone else when needed.  She was a survivor. 

She opened her little black purse and pulled out one of her slim cigarettes, and a lighter.  With the practiced ease of an expert, she lit the end of the tiny stick and placed the lighter back into her purse.  She blew out a small plume of smoke and looked around to see where her supposed partner for the hour was.  She wasn't going to be too upset if they didn't show.  She was having a good time sipping whiskey and smoking smokes, not to mention watching everyone else awkwardly try to get to know one another.  A small smile stayed on her face.  

@Dolor Aeternum

Edited by Mickey Flash

Thurgood/Middy

14 hours ago, Thotification said:

"How is John doing nowadays?"

"Don't know; haven't seen him much lately," Thurgood says, "I've mostly been trying to get House Singlance an actual house in Ursa Madeum, and establish some sort of economic activity. Had to help Taen with that road though."

It seems the conversation potential between these two has nearly exhausted, and Thurgod really doesn't know what to say anymore. Would Middy really be interested in plans for a hydroelectric dam, concrete kiln, arch bridges, or aluminum plant? Would she be interested in a city that would have very low barriers for entreprenuership? Probably not.

Edited by notmuch_23
thick fingers + thin phone letter buttond

Thurfood/Middy

14 hours ago, notmuch_23 said:

"Don't know; haven't seen him much lately," Thurgood says, "I've mostly been trying to get House Singlance an actual house in Ursa Madeum, and establish some sort of economic activity. Had to help Taen with that road though."

"Oh do tell me more. I'll be extending my reach to Ursa really soon and every bit of knowledge helps. After all I did help building that road as well."

The Mistress eyes seemed to sparkle with keen interest at Thurgoods words. Her predecessor was a rutheless businessman and Middy used to be her runnerboy in the past. Now she was interested in taking a hand in it too.

"If economic activity or construction is what you need perhaps I can be of assitance. If you have any proposal, then I have the coin and manpower to spare. And only legitimate stuff. I don't want to step on Wilder's territory."

@notmuch_23

Edited by Thotification

[Evienne Goldcourt -and- Caeceila Glasmann]

For all the wealth and authority Caeceila commands by dint of her title and the power of her blood, the subtlest hint of daintiness is a privilege she cannot afford.  Her adversaries, on the home front and abroad, will grant her no quarter, so she must commit the totality of her resources to assuring their annihilation in precursors to her campaigns.  As ever, she anchors raw power to the fundamental elements on which victory is founded - training, leadership, logistics, tactics, technology, medicine, and psychology.  Doggedly, she challenges herself with trials of incrementally increasing difficulty, her indomitable determination a precious beacon of light subsuming a mountain of failures and blazing brighter still.  In the aftermath of one such failure, the captivating Evienne has cornered her bat-wielding hostess.  Her flaxen hair is matted with perspiration, and beads of sweat roll down her exposed flesh, pooling at the valley of the austere plastic slope atop which she is perched.

Of late, developing extrasensory perception, namely clairvoyance, has become Caeceila's white whale.  This week, she set her mind on deflecting projectiles traveling at subsonic speeds armed with nothing more than a metal baseball bat.  Today, she resolved to square off against miniature combat droids in environments simulating varying levels of sensory deprivation in an attempt to accelerate her mastery of her bizarre technique.  From the profusion of nasty welts upon her fair midsection, thighs, and forearms, it would be reasonable to assume that this session was a resounding failure.  Dozens of BBs litter the floor in Caeceila's vicinity; only a handful have returned to the smoldering husks of metal twitching on the floor across the room.  Dazzling cerulean arcs bridging severed connections ensconced in a tiny holes in the robots' hulls intermittently dispel the darkness of the shielded balcony as Caeceila yanks off her protective mask, reorients herself so Evienne can see her face, and thereafter doubles over, panting like an animal as she fights to catch her breath.

Icy eyes glow with aquamarine light as the gore-spattered debutante beholds Evienne Goldcourt in her prime.  Her disconcerting gaze alights first not on Evienne's form but the ornate dagger strapped to her hips.  Though she refrains from commenting on this item, her vitriolic criticism of the accessory is expressed in her demeanor, as if she reckons the blade is unbalanced and clumsy, beautiful and utterly useless.  Her reception of Evienne's dress and general appearance is infinitely more favorable; Caeceila, after scrutinizing the alignment of the constellations the dress depicts, visibly relaxes almost as though she was half-expecting certain occult patterns to emerge from an inspection of the embroidery.

With some effort, Caeceila straightens herself and initiates the tedious process of unfastening and discarding what little protective gear she suited up in this morning.  Beneath the seemingly random collection of motorcycle leathers, plate, and sports equipment, she's wearing a sopping wet, blood red camisole with a stylized target stenciled on the back, simple olive shorts, grey ankle socks, and dull black boots.  Oddly, her movements do not belie her upbringing; she carries herself with the grace and poise one would demand from someone of her station.  She might even be cute were she not so intimidating.  Her lustrous blonde hair sweeps down to the small of her back, but her icy blue eyes, now that the aquamarine glow has abated, detract from her more appealing feminine qualities.

"Lady Glasmann?"

Caeceila finally parrots, trying the name on for size.  She purses her lips in mild dissatisfaction, pretending the moniker has left an especially sour taste on her tongue.

"Lady Glasmann is my mother.  You'd do well to address me as Caeceila or Cae.  I'm not much older than you, I'll bet, so it wouldn't be a breach of etiquette or anything that would reflect poorly on you."

Caeceila unhooks her left shinguard and deposits it on the ground beside a dented plate pauldron.  She makes the mistake of looking Evienne up and down while doing so, resulting in minor loss of balance she recovers from by hopping around on one leg for an interval.

"Then again, maybe you are searching for my mother.  You're young.  You obviously have a prospects.  What cruel trick of fate would have delivered a gentlewoman as pure as you unto a beast as savage as I?"

A knowing smirk accompanies her query.  It would appear that Caeceila is of the opinion that none but demons and unfortunates would willingly consort with her, and with Ursa Madeum's power struggles affecting the country as they are, is she really that far off of the mark?

"Heh.  Destiny sure does you a godawful disservice, milady, if it compels you to seek me out, for my mission, however lofty it may sound, shall infallibly acquaint you with the brokenness of our world.  If you, subsequent to our discourse this evening, were to discover that you desire my company or my strength, if you were to come to think of me as an ally, as a friend, or, heavens preserve you, as something more, I warn you that you would suffer for it dearly, that I'm no project in dire need of your aid, that I ought to face my fate alone.  My life will be short and violent, and even in death, I will know no peace.  In time, I will be forgotten, and our people will be better for it.  Etcetera, etcetera, and so forth."

A second shinguard incites Caeceila to hop once more.  It may not be possible to take her seriously while she's flouncing around the room like that, removing the single strangest getup in Terrenus from her person.

"Grim as my cautionary tale may be, it is a story I share with countless heroes adrift in the unremitting ebb and flow of time.  So it is that I question your resolve, not because I suspect you're unsuited to chase and harry our mutual enemies, bastards of the the Wyld, the Weaver, and the Wyrm, but because I have experienced firsthand just how lonely and thankless donning the mantle of the hero can be.  If you've the faintest notion you'd rather devote your life to anything else, stamp collecting, high fashion, or what have you, cling to it and never look back.  If you're drawn to the killing fields, either out of necessity or because you were born a reaper, and you're striving to do what is right, you've found a kindred soul who will rend our enemies asunder until she breathes her last."

"I believe that will suffice for my introduction unless you'd have me rattle off my lineage which is terribly, terribly, terribly dull..."

Caeceila strips off the outlandish, half-torso-covering motorcycle leathers she was wearing.  The pile of random armor and apparently weights she has removed is now approximately three feet in height.  This is clearly a new variant of armor - a variant of armor straddling the line dividing traditional World of Warcraft skimpy bikini armor and every other video game's spiky, "I have become tank, destroyer of NPCs" armor.  Whatever the case, it alternates between semi-seductive components and outright ridiculous ones.  Actually, Caeceila would look right at home on a Blood Bowl field in that armor...  Wait, that is a Blood Bowl uniform, isn't it?

"Oh, I'm also the heiress to Glasmann Cryonics, so I might be able to hook whoever you represent up with cutting-edge medical technology if you play nice.  That should go without saying, but with hobbies like mine, it's damn easy to forget about my vocation."

Edited by The Alexandrian

Aveline/Torie

Torie knew what a manor is, but she didn't know who Grant Knight or Oscar Uldwar were. Nor did she know what zoning was, nor a development office. But a cat's face was a little harder to understand than a human's, so she nodded pleasantly.

The chair, however, would not do. It's little legs looked ready to splinter as soon as she placed a paw on it. Thankfully Rollund had seen the need.

"I'll fetch you a suitable seat, madam," he said, then bowed.

Aveline kept on talking about electricity and concrete. She thought she knew what concrete was - another word for rock? - but electricity escaped her. "Electricity," she said, risking looking the fool for the sake of some honesty, "That's the magic that makes all these things... do things. Right?" She grimaced apologetically.

Aveline/Torie

"This is the kind of person I need to make an education system for," Aveline thinks, "No, it's not magic, it's the science of energy. Electricity is a type of energy that's expressed by moving electrons through matter. Some materials are easier to do this with, like silver, copper, and aluminum. We call these conductors. Then there are some materials are much harder to do this with, like rubber, plastic, and wood. We call these insulators. Then there are gasses that technically cannot conduct electricity in their current state."

Once electrons flow, they become plasma, but Aveline thinks trying to explain plasma would be too much too soon for the poor tiger. Then something dawns on her.

"...you don't know what an electron is, do you?"

@Venus Sprite

Edited by notmuch_23

The woman who stands before her is an absolute wreck, Evienne had to shoot her servant a puzzled glare incase she got her in front of some stranger. The servant only inclined her head at the woman atop the plastic slope, this wreck, it seems was Lady Caeceila Glassman. It was, Evienne noted with a quick glance at her gaudy dagger, a very intimidating wreck. One that was armed and alone with Evienne in a secluded balcony.

There is no fear.

Well, this Lady Glassman, their hostess for the night- the owner of this incredibly opulent, advanced-beyond-her-dreams castle was a sweaty woman with hair matted from exertion. There was even a bat in her hand, like the ones she’d seen some kids play with on the streets of Andelusia- but the way Caeceila Glassman wielded the object, Evienne knew it was no children’s toy. Every inch of her bare skin was covered in welts, Evienne couldn’t help but wince for the girl in pity.

The vicious opponents responsible for the state of the lady, she assumed, were the half dozen or so mechanical creatures strewn about the floor. Some wheezed before their imminent death, some lay still- and the others offered her some respite from the darkness in brilliant blue light. Hearing her voice, the girl turned towards her- and brutally shoved off the mask she had on and quickly sink to her knees, desperately trying to catch her breath. 

Evienne held her ground, arms daintily crossed- a schooled expression of delight alighting her delicate features- she silently offered the young woman a star strewn handkerchief. Evienne knew the feeling well- often, she too would be reduced to such a state against her Father’s guards. They jeered at her, egging her to continue- get over herself and beat them to a pulp. She often did until either they gave up or she couldn’t see straight. As a result, Leizhen had to feed her all sorts of tonics so she would be ready in time for breakfast, Evienne wasn’t very talented in combat, all her skills had to be taught to her through sweat, tear and blood... And then usually resume whatever the day ensued for her, rest was not something the nobles of Dali could afford. 

She wouldn’t humiliate the Lady by offering her pity. Those creatures can hardly be effective, Evienne wondered how the woman got any better at all. With a grunt she got up, and in front of Evienne, without no hesitation whatsoever- after sneering at the dagger she had at her hip, started to rid herself of the armor she wore.

Evienne offered her a smile, grey eyes following the Lady’s every move. At least she can appreciate a pretty gown.

"Lady Glasmann? Lady Glasmann is my mother.  You'd do well to address me as Caeceila or Cae.  I'm not much older than you, I'll bet, so it wouldn't be a breach of etiquette or anything that would reflect poorly on you.” By the contortions of her face, it was obvious she didn’t particularly care for the name or the title or the airs. Or for her armor for that matter, the young lady continued to undress- discarding her shin guard and generally flailing about the place as she tried to undo it.

“Lady, Cae then? I can only call you that if you would call me Evie.” Was her unaffected reply. Evienne had begun to make a circuit of the room; her curiosity piqued by the dying creatures. She drew near one of the fallen drones, this one was silent, and gave it a resounding kick. It skittered a few feet ahead of her, but didn’t stir except for that god-forsaken whine. Strange thing didn’t stand a chance.

And so the woman started off on her introductions- building on all the claims Clementine had warned her off, she hopped around the room, taking off more amour. Evienne wondered if an outsider would see two very, very different women. One who was intimidating and ragged-- womanly, beautiful even: But, someone who valued physical strength. And the other who was dressed, coiffed and perfumed; someone, even despite the black cloth- and the way she carried herself, looked young and naive. 

But, to Evienne, she found two people off a kind- neither of them would stop until they got exactly what they desired. Not so very different. Even the quip about rattling on about dull ancestors resonated with her.

"Oh, I'm also the heiress to Glasmann Cryonics, so I might be able to hook whoever you represent up with cutting-edge medical technology if you play nice.  That should go without saying, but with hobbies like mine, it's damn easy to forget about my vocation." With this parting shot, Evienne circled back around too the the Hostess, genial smiles and hands outstretched in a display of magnanimity.

“It’s only fair for me to make an introduction as well, then Lady… Cae. My name is Evie, Evienne Goldcourt of House Dali- of Ursa Madeum. But you already knew that.” She dipped into a curtsy, one hand, true to form, bent gracefully in front of her bosom. 

“I’m sorry to disappoint, but I’m already keen on wanting you as an ally, if not a friend. My hands may be kept absolutely clean, but for all you know my conscience is just as heavily burdened as yours, Lady Cae. If only I could assuage you by saying something dainty along the lines of ‘No creature deserves to die alone’ or ‘Fate certainly be that cruel’.  But I don’t believe that none sense and, it’ll be a disservice to you if I say anything I don’t mean.” 

Evienne motioned to the dead creatures on the floor with a sweep of her arm- stormy eyes, however were fixated on the welts and bruises on the other’s body.

“ Fate certainly is that cruel and all deserve to go out of this world as they came: Alone.” She shrugged, almost carelessly plopping down on the floor, her lips still twisted into a beguiling smile. “I believe we’re both very much alike. Albeit I don’t believe in the prospect of a hero. Great men, yes, but all heroes if allowed to live too long often become the very thing they fought to not become. It’s a dated ideal, in my humble opinion.” It was too plain, with the way she combed the ends of her hair- the Evienne Goldcourt did not believe her opinion to be all that humble. 

“I simply do what I must to achieve my goals, Lady Cae. I might become one of the very bastards you seek to destroy- I might even become a most indispensable ally! It all depends on perspective, really.”

She gestured to the space on the floor directly in front of her, Evienne was sure she’s getting her silk crumpled and dirty, but, it was a necessity.

Tell me, Lady Cae, what would you like to achieve from this discourse? My goal for the evening is plain; I don’t seek to hide it, I want to convince everybody here to wear my designs. And to invest in my business and will employ everything I have at my disposal." She leaned back, propping her body up with one hand.

"But, what do you want?”

Edited by LikelyMissFortune

Pearl and Ilyana

Ilyana had always seen the Glasmann residence in the distance from the eastern portion of Hell’s Gate but had never dreamed she would have the means to step on to the property much less be treated as an equal amongst nobility and entrepreneurs that likely held much more experience than she. That did nothing to prevent her from believing she was deserving of this opportunity nor did it hinder the confident sway her gait provided her as she arrived. Adorned in a black strapless evening gown that exposed her shoulders and hugged a modest bust, she blatantly ignored any onlookers except for the servant she had been assigned. The young girl seemed eager to please, though she was not sure it was out of fear or out of ambition. Either possibility quickly caused her to become endearing in Ilyana’s eyes for both of these motivations ran rampant in this city and were easy to exploit.

Once she arrived in the great hall, the opulence and lavish décor distracted her for several moments, black eyes glazing over the historical displays of her city as well as the abundance of accents meant to appeal to those who considered themselves sensitive to the complexities of the art around them. Ilyana held no such tastes, bred in a world deprived of these indulgences and steeped in a humility that snapped her out of her mild trance. A bare leg revealed itself from beneath fabric as she stepped forward, the bold slit in her gown intending to draw attention though it would be the ethereal luster of the gown itself that would likely attract the most eyes. No seamstress nor tailor in Hell’s Gate could possibly replicate the quality of what she wore.

The mildest glint of metal could be seen betwixt supple thighs as lustrous black metal strapped itself against her flesh and seemed to be the only weapon she chose to bring along in this sea of hungry opportunists. Looking at the tablet she held in her hand, she looked at the assignment she was given and then motioned for her servant to lead the way as she handed the tablet to her. Weaving through the groups of people with effortless grace she would begin making her way toward Pearl, her gaze fixated upon the woman long before she ever reached her destination . That ocular commitment never wavered even as she sidestepped the moving obstacles around her. Her expression seemed focused and determined until she placed herself only a few feet across from Pearl. Shoulder length black hair was lifted in an elaborate bun that held several sharp items that held her hair in place but were clearly dangerous enough to use as improvised weapons. Everything about Ilyana suggested a woman of considerable means though more persistent observation shed light upon a fiery soul that shone with radiant confidence.

Dulcet tones slithered out of Ilyana’s mouth to initiate conversation with Pearl, taking the initiative with her own introduction.

“I hope I haven’t kept you waiting for too long.”

A forced smile caused lips to widen just slightly.

“I am Ilyana Sevryn, owner of the Redeemer here in Hell’s Gate. It is a pleasure…”

Ilyana stretched her bare right arm out, lifting her hand in an attempt to suggest a handshake to seal this introduction. A black ring that carried a crimson crystal decorated her dainty-looking right finger as she waited for Pearl to respond, her gaze searing through the lingering smoke of her cigarette as Ilyana attempted to analyze the beauty before her far before the response arrived.

@Mickey Flash

Edited by Dolor Aeternum

Thurgood/Middy

"Whelp, I've already got a good chunk of change, but like I mentioned before we're only two people," Thurgood says, "Grant Knight, the head of House Senaria recently did us a huge solid by basically getting us our current territory, and while coring for petroleum exploration, we found bauxite, the chief aluminum ore. If you don't know, which is honestly quite likely, aluminum is a wonderful, strong yet lightweight metal. More immediately, we can bake ut and limestone into Portland xement, the main component of concrete, for building things like a hydroelectric dam that I want to supply electricity to strip the aluminum away from its bonded oxygen. I already know that airship builders in Genarisis will be tripping over themselves to get it once they learn what a great metal it is for aircraft."

Wow, that was a lot of talking. Of course, Thurgood didn't tell her about vulcanite, thinking that Grant Knight and Issac Graham will want to keep that under wraps for now.

"Were you able to follow any of that?"

@Thotification

Thurgood/Middy

Middy's face was impassive. She could follow his thought process, but what was imprtant, was that with s few words, the man was already spilling the beans. Such precious information was something she would easily remember and kept it tucked in her memory whenever she were to visit. But it must have been public knowledge already seeing as he's not worried about it. Still deep inside she was overwhelemed. The last time someone filled her mind with so much data was her old friend Isaac Graham. Wonder where the man is now? Last she heard that masked deviant when to Ursa Madeum but she had never heard from him again ever since.

"Oh dear, I feel overwhelmed all if a sudden. Never knew House Singlance was quite an accomplished one. Clearly different from those Uldwars or Hildebrand. The last time I was this flabbergasted was everytime I spoke to my old friend Isaac. That crow-masked deviant could talk for days. But enough of my old friend. Still, I feel like I'n out of touch with most of this stuff all of a sudden. Technology between Terrenus and Taen can be quite...different. But, do continue."

@notmuch_23

Edited by Thotification

Thurgood/Middy

Of course, Thurgood is holding back the really good information, and considers what he's giving out "chicken feed"; an intelligence term for information that's either mundane, not seriously damaging, or that one thinks one's interrogator already knows. It's no secret that House Singlance has an alliance with House Senaria, wants to advance the technology on Ursa Madeum, wants to generate electricity, was once looking for a place to build a dam, and House Uldwar is already either looking to find and extract petroleum or by now already has. Well, as long as Middy is gobbling it up...

"Yeah, I wish we were that accomplished. We're a long way from any of that, and out of those goals, generating electricity is the most important, since so many other things depend on it, like producing aluminum metal and petroleum refining. I consider developing technologies like a... oh you wouldn't understand that," Thurgood says, thinking about referring to video game skill trees, "but each technology is dependent on certain other technologies, products, or infrastructure for their development. So many of them have 'electricity', 'polymer', 'petroleum product' or 'petrochemical feedstock' as dependencies that I need to develop those first. Come to think of it, those are even dependent on precise machine tools, and certain scientific principles..."

It's just more chicken feed to not get pressed for more information on Issac Graham, and especially his work.

@Thotification

Edited by notmuch_23

Pearl/Ilyana 

Pearl's observations of her surroundings drew her attention to a young woman who was staring at her.  It soon became apparent to Pearl that the woman was making a bee line straight to her, and she guessed this was the person she was supposed to be meeting.  She didn't know because she didn't read the informative tablet given to her.  She had ditched that along with the servant who was supposed to be serving her for the day.  The lady who was making her way toward her had dark hair and a beautiful dress.  Besides the dress, the thing that stood out most on the young woman were her eyes.  They were pitch black.  Pearl found it a little hard to read a person's eyes when they were this dark.  It was a little off putting, but she adjusted quickly to the tiny anomaly.  

Soon the lady was introducing herself, with wishes of not keeping Pearl waiting.  Her tiny hand reached forth, a big black ring hanging from it.  Pearl switched her cigarette to her other hand that was holding her glass of whiskey.  She gingerly slipped the lit stick between her first two fingers and held the glass with her thumb and pinkie.  The other hand free now, Pearl took the offered hand and gave a firm shake.  Nothing too strong, but not a weak, wimpy handshake either.  It was a quick meeting of hands, and then she went back to holding her cigarette with the hand it was in before.  

"Nice to meet you.  Redeemer?  You'll have to forgive me.  I don't know the area very well.  I'm from a little place called Seinaru Forven.  It's located in a place called Renovatio."  Pearl let the name roll off her tongue like a flavor she was just first experiencing.  In a way, it was.  She wasn't used to being a part of Renovatio.  It was home now, and she just needed to get used to it.  She knew she should have mentioned that she was the second in command.  She didn't though.  You can find out a lot when someone thought you were unimportant.  She could always talk about her title later, when it became useful.  "My name is Pearl Song, by the way."  She took another sip of her drink, her eyes looking at llyana over the rim of her glass.  @Dolor Aeternum

Edited by Mickey Flash