The Alexandrian

Strangers in the Night [Networking Event]

Aveline/Torie

Torie kept nodding her head, right up until she was asked a question directly, to which she smiled guiltily and shook it instead. “No, sorry. I can tell you where to find edible fungus under the snow by its smell. I can tell you which roots will ward off mites and mosquitos and I can even tell you the chants you need to repeat in the cocoon to take on an animal form. But a… er, lectron? I’ve never heard of one. I’m happy to learn, if you want to teach me though!”
At last Rollund and another servant returned with what was effectively a backless couch, made of black leather, which they placed before the chair. Torie nodded gratefully and heaved herself up a few feet before lying down with a sigh, before grimacing as the furniture creaked beneath her. Rollund placed a chalice of wine on a small side table beside her, and she carefully reached across to lap at it with her tongue.
Something about her tiger tongue really loved the taste of wine and other fermented drinks. She continued listening to Aveline as she drank.

Pearl and Ilyana

Ilyana enjoyed interacting with other women, clearly showing a bias toward them in many situations even in business. It had never been a deterrent for the power hungry men who sought to control her or flaunt their ideals of superiority but it forced a reputation upon her within the more oppressed sections of Hell’s Gate that she had begun to drain for all of its worth. She was a champion for women…an ideal to strive toward and a beacon of hope for people who could never dream of reaching the heights that the Glasmann Estate represented. Ilyana’s ambition and the power that brought her here had remained unchecked for now only because there were far more pressing things to be concerned with outside of Hell’s Gate’s borders but she knew that would eventually change so it would behoove her to make as many powerful allies as she could wherever she could find them.

Pearl’s firm handshake was reciprocated with just as much force as she had provided. The woman might notice how her fingers lingered along the palm of her hand a bit after and the slow manner in which her hand descended to rest at her side afterward. Ilyana was no fan of those who smoked but she did not even blink or react as the smoke inevitably lingered along her nostrils, accustomed to the exposure.

“Nice to meet you. Redeemer? You’ll have to forgive me. I don’t know the area very well. I’m from a little place called Seinaru Forven. It’s located in a place called Renovatio.”

Ilyana’s gaze upon Pearl wasn’t anything overt but it sure did not discriminate nor divert as it slid along the entirety of the Pearl’s form as the woman began her introduction. The mention of Renovatio caused her to arch a brow in curiousity, not because she knew anything about the place but because it meant the woman was a foreigner to Terrenus with perhaps no true knowledge of the delicate climates within their cities but Ilyana knew she would find out soon enough.

“My name is Pearl Song, by the way”

With a serious expression, she darted her eyes to politely regard Pearl’s face but seconds later the expression softened and Ilyana began her reply.

“Pearl? As a woman who appreciates simple beauty, pearls are among my favorite things to adorn myself with.”

Ilyana knew how meaty her chosen words were for those who wished to dissect them but she effortlessly continued.

“What brings someone from so far away here to Hell’s Gate? Better yet, how can I make your long trip here worthwhile? You will find that a citizen of Hell’s Gate is as beneficial an acquaintance as any in this difficult world.”

Ilyana had made it a point to place herself at a distance that was well within arm’s reach. With a bare leg exposed through the slit in her current stance which oozed confidence in herself, she waited, gauging each reaction Pearl had to her words as well as the prying eyes of others who were either too bored with their partner or simply wishing they had such pleasing company.

@Mickey Flash

Aveline/Torie

That didn't surprise Aveline. "Well... an electron is part of an atom, which is the fundamental unit of all matter, and has three main particles: protons, which have a positive charge, and the number determines what element the atom is, electrons, which are negatively charged and orbit the protons, and neutrons, which have a neutral charge, actually aren't in every atom, but the number of these determines an element's isotope, which is important in nuclear reactions. the protons and any neutrons form the nucleus, or center of the atom, with, like I mentioned before, the electrons orbiting. So basically, electricity is the movement of electrons from atom to atom, and electrons also are the main part that actually makes bonds between atoms happen, to make molecules, or groups of bonded atoms, to make everything you see, taste, and smell."

Honestly, that is a lot to take in at once for somebody that has no concept of science at all.

@Venus Sprite

Pearl/Ilyana

Pearl did not miss the once over that Ilyana had given her, but she wasn't surprised by it.  Women had a tendency to worry more over other women's apparel than men did.  Pearl was an exception to the rule.  She was used to hanging out with men, so she sometimes looked at women as foreign type creatures that she could never understand.  They had a different type of language and different social skills than she had.  Sometimes she pretended like she knew what she was doing around them, and sometimes she didn't try to pretend at all.  Now was one of the situations where she should try to make nice.  

“Pearl? As a woman who appreciates simple beauty, pearls are among my favorite things to adorn myself with.”

That brought a smile to Pearl's lips.  She hadn't expected that her name would be the thing that they could find any kind of common ground on.  She couldn't keep the devilment out of her eye with her amusement.  She didn't say anything, but her teeth showed in her next smile.  

“What brings someone from so far away here to Hell’s Gate? Better yet, how can I make your long trip here worthwhile? You will find that a citizen of Hell’s Gate is as beneficial an acquaintance as any in this difficult world.”

At this statement she looked down, hiding any thought or emotion that might be in her eyes.  She made a pretense of looking around for a place to put out her cigarette.  As sure as clockwork, a servant came running over with a crystal bowl for Pearl.  Pearl hesitated before using it for an ashtray, because it was so fancy.  Then she shrugged and stubbed it out until the smoke disappeared and left the crinkled thing in the bowl.  This gave her a moment to collect her thoughts and wonder at what the other woman said.  She knew what one of her men friends would have said if Ilyana had spoken those words to him.  He would have insisted that she wanted his body, and Pearl would have snorted and said in his dreams.  She would have agreed that flirting had occurred though, and she wondered if the other woman was purposely trying to flirt, or if she was just a naturally sensual woman who couldn't help it.  Some told Pearl that she was that way.  She scoffed and snorted when that happened, and tried to do something inappropriate to deny it.  She handled flirting interactions in the most awkward ways.  She couldn't laugh it off, or treat it casually in fear of being offensive.  This was one of those awkward times, because she didn't know the other woman well enough, or how important she'd be to the future of Seinaru Forven.  

"Make my trip worthwhile?" she asked as if to ponder the question's meaning.  "Why, what could you mean, Ilyana Sevryn?" The sound of the other woman's full name, carefully pronounced, made Pearl wonder again about who it was she was actually talking to.  "Are there many beneficial activities that you know about in your native land?"  Pearl slid her hand under the elbow of her other arm.  She took a sip of her whiskey, and just stopped herself from popping her lips together and saying 'good stuff' in her appreciation of the drink.  She meet Ilyana's dark eyes, "I'm just a tourist in this land.  Without proper guidance I'd more than likely be getting into all kinds of trouble."  She grinned showing her teeth in the smile, unrepentant of the fact that she'd be getting into trouble.  It always happened.  Never failed.  Of course Ilyana Sevryn didn't know that.  And Pearl's confidence came back with a rush of amusement.  The other woman knew about as much about Pearl, as Pearl knew about her. 

Pearl liked to fish on occasion, and this felt like both of them were trying to out-fish the other on getting information.  She could almost feel the bait being tugged on the end of her line.  "Maybe you can tell me a little bit about everyone you know?  I'd like to become better acquainted with the land, and its people."  Pearl threw out more line, waiting for Ilyana to take a nibble.  

@Dolor Aeternum

Edited by Mickey Flash

Pearl and Ilyana

Ilyana took note of every single reaction her syllables, movement, and tone brought upon Pearl. Flattery was an important tool oft used to soften the rigidity of those around her and make them more pliable for her calculating hands. When Pearl lowered her gaze, however, Ilyana could only take that as an attempt by the woman to mask herself which was an annoyance she felt compelled to respond to. Black eyes never left Pearl as she watched her put out the cigarette and seemingly pause to collect her thoughts. In interactions like these, seconds could feel like hours and much could be read should an observer dedicate themselves to doing so. Ilyana wasn’t here to just establish rapport with those who were appealing to her and it was starting to show.

After the scoff and the snort, Pearl would find Ilyana’s gaze held just a bit more focus as it fixated upon her face while she responded. Ilyana shifted a bit which brought her a bit closer to Pearl, around the small table that filled the gap between them. Even as Pearl decided to take a sip of her whiskey, those black eyes would never diverge from her blatant stare. Ilyana’s face did not give away any annoyance or anger and the small curve of her lips made it seem she was simply enthralled by the woman before her. Pearl may be able to get a sense that Ilyana was itching to respond once their eyes met again, her proximity making it hard to mask much of anything now. Ilyana smiled warmly in effortless transition…perhaps too effortless.

“Let’s see. Most of my contacts are within the business sector here in Hell’s Gate. Distribution, shelter, and enrichment are things I excel at providing but they are only a sliver of the talents I choose to monetize. The acquaintances and friends that I know have all been earned as we all work together to make the lives of our customers much more fulfilling. They live in a land ripe with potential where ambition and commitment can lead to benefits beyond what the media and the government advertise.”

Ilyana suddenly moved in closer, standing right next to Pearl and turning her head to continue looking at her while she moved her hand to use their surroundings to emphasize her next words.

“I am sure you have already witnessed the superior technology present within my beautiful city of Hell’s Gate and the infectious prosperity displayed in places such as these that serves to entice….tourists such as yourself. You would be free to indulge in all of its wonder. The opera houses, variety of eating and drinking places, along with the nature my city prides itself on can all be beneficial to you should you simply wish to sightsee….”

Ilyana’s hand would snake its way on to Pearl’s shoulder should the woman allow it, a smile still painted on her face before she continued..

“or get yourself into trouble. If all you need are recommendations, I am sure the servants here are prepared to provide you a proper list of places to visit tailored to your specific interests.”

Ilyana’s head would begin leaning in closer, placing her lips as close as she could to Pearl’s closest ear to give even further emphasis to the words that would follow.

“If you wish to establish a more permanent relationship or have a specific need to be met, you know…something more substantial than a fleeting high then I am sure I can satisfy you personally…”

There was a knowing flow to her words that may tacitly suggest she wished to end this façade and establish something more than this flirty rapport. It wouldn’t be clear whether Ilyana was simply testing Pearl’s ability to remain comfortable or an offer had just been placed on the table. Either way Ilyana seemed content to let Pearl make the next move now. Her head would immediately retract and she’d offer a few smiles here and there to whoever passed their table while she waited to see what Pearl would do. 

@Mickey Flash

Edited by Dolor Aeternum

@vielle

He had to admit, there was an understated and artful touch to the way in which the Glasmanns had adorned their estate. The old met and mingled with the new - neither struggling to oust or outmaneuver the other. His eyes were the color of morning frost as they danced across the mezzanine and the rest of the estate, his hair pulled back to tame the unruly blond curls that fought to frame his face. 

"It's quite impressive, isn't it?" he murmured to his companion. The servant nodded eagerly, and busied themselves pointing out the unique facets and trivia associated with each of the particular areas. It was a curious sort of gathering, he mused. So many dissimilar and uniquely positioned individuals all brought together by the invitation of the mysterious Glasmann scion. If he had been a paranoid sort, it might have seemed far too good to be true, but it was hard to be paranoid when you had few enemies left breathing. 

Michael turned to head back to the bar, trailed by his servant. He flicked the tablet up and browsed through the documents and schedules provided, looking to see who exactly he had been tasked to meet with. From the other groups, Michael surmised that it could be another person within his field - another manufacturing magnate, perhaps. Or, like the lively conversation taking place beside the bar, it could very well be a match of opposites. An environmentalist to offer a counterpoint to his dedicated capitalism. Either way, he was hardly going to pass up on some more of the excellent liquor provided by their gracious host. 

[Caeceila and Evienne]

Spoiler

"Well - "

"Well you are just - "

"Just quite the outspoken cynic and the positively delightful conversationalist, aren't you?"

The irascible heiress tactlessly snaps, giving voice, however tame, to invective the likes of which would send the well born child seated on the uncomfortable mosaic floor before her reeling, plunging down the staircase from whence she came, and racing off into the muted patchwork of light that tints this slice of Hell's Gate at this hour.  Caeceila's glower, directed once more at Evienne's glamorous, embossed dagger with its lattice of inlaid gemstones, is a forbidding blizzard seizing upon the crass naivete of what can only be a tender soul.  Testing the power of Evienne's convictions, straining against Evienne's estrangement of her kind, Caeceila lays her palms against one another.  Her fingers knit together as beams of aquamarine light stream from her eyes.  As an empath of superior merit, Evienne will sense the expression not only Caeceila's unchecked rage, which she brazenly wears on her sleeve for the world to witness and pay homage to, but profound sorrow and pain buried far and away.  To an empath, to Evienne of House Dali, it might seem as if the ice in Caeceila's eyes and veins, the aegis with which she shields her true self, has melted away, that this radiance, in all its mangled beauty, is Caeceila Glasmann.  Such minutiae, so easily ignored and so well obscured, link the terrific beast sustained by propaganda and myth to the ruined woman glaring at Evienne.

In this unnatural splendor, a brilliant manifestation of Caeceila's spirit, there is - is -

Dear gods, what was that?  Something, something inhuman that would surely trigger Evienne's dangersense, hovered between Evienne and Caeceila an instant ago, but where did it...  No, it must have been a false positive, for there is nothing here now.  Maybe Evienne's eyes played a mean trick on her during the sudden transition from dark to light.  Maybe, just maybe, the very same transition set off Evienne's dangersense.  Maybe that nebulous, childlike figure never existed at all.

Caeceila hadn't a clue that Evienne commiserated with her.  In point of fact, she could not even discern if Evienne meant to seduce her, coerce her, use her, or something else entirely.  All Caeceila knew of Evienne was that she was in imminent danger of being undermined not by monsters but by ideologies devoid of staying power and ethical value.  She was burdened by a philosophy that had no room in it for charity, righteousness, justice, or deities worth of reverence.  As if that wasn't enough, the representative from House Dali made a point of implying that she was absolutely ruthless and was willing to do anything, including massacring hundreds of innocents, to promote her brand.  In the end, it was how Evienne teased her hair with that air of impassivity that convinced Caeceila that Evienne didn't give a toss about anything aside from her trivial business venture.

"No!  No, I take it back!  Evie, you're acting like a heartless bitch!"

That's it.  The kid gloves are off.  It really isn't hard to tick Caeceila off, but man alive, Evienne struck a nerve.  Caeceila points at Evienne as if accusing her of a grave iniquity, aggressively leaning toward the younger woman in a fit of anger.

"I LITERALLY had a list of one-thousand monsters I wanted to kill.  Do you want to know what I did to the ones I had the pleasure of encountering?  I cut their limbs off with a scaled-up surgical laser!  Let me explain that in less technical terms.  I cut their limbs off, their arms and their legs, with a medical tool designed to keep them from bleeding out.  They died from shock, squirming in the sand on that godsforsaken beach in Last Chance experiencing a level of powerlessness they had never known before.  I took their goddamn limbs.  If I could have, I would have taken their every last one of their senses, stabilized them, and kept them alive so I could preserve their absolute powerlessness for as long as I was able!  Why?  Because I'm not interested in wounding bodies; I aim to wound spirits!  I aim to destroy their very being as just compensation for their crimes!"

Up to this juncture, Caeceila has been shouting - not so much at Evienne as at Hell's Gate, but now, she sinks, quivering and sobbing, to the floor, staring past Evienne into the darkness.

"You don't understand.  How could you possibly understand?  And here I am hollering at you for talking garbage, but by the gods, if you'd seen it, you'd understand!  I must exterminate them, and you - don't be like them!  Please, I - I don't want to hurt you!"

"The Red Festival...  Gods, what I've seen.  What they did...  And the children...  Gods, the children...  Torn open...  Organs consumed...  And when they were alive - when they were alive, the monsters - they - they..."

That handkerchief Caeceila initially passed up might come in handy now.

Edited by The Alexandrian

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4641556d34444b637351323264773d3d2d3531363333303338392e3135306365656335323535663765643731313134373032393239332e6a7067?s=fit&w=720&h=720Thurgood/Middy

The Mistress narrowed her eyes. It seems Thurgood is more interested in toying with her than actually trying to build a relationship. Perhaps this wasn't worth her time after all. She rarely got anything out of him nor was he even interested about her. All this time they have been talking about Thurgood's this or Thurgood's that or House Singlance this. A pity, she was rather interested in him even a little bit.

But she was not one to give up so easily. Once more, she will indulge this man. Another puff from her cigar and this time she blew a lungful of smoke towards Thurgood's direction.

"Electricity? I'm sure there's tons of way to generate one. My ship uses water as its cleaner. And no not steam. The other one. I forgot how Sera and the others does it but they say we put water in. Stuff happens. The machine heats up and then water come out again. It's a really queer mechanism but it does propel our airship. Because science."

Next time she would have to ask Sera about this science shit. She had no idea that networking would lead to such annoying topics. Where did the know life exploration topics go? Oh well, at least she's got somebody else to visit in Taen other than Wilder.

Pearl/Ilyana

It was unclear to Pearl if Ilyana was understanding her fishing game, or if Pearl was perhaps being too subtle.  Then Ilyana spoke and Pearl could feel the tug of a fish on her line.  

“Let’s see. Most of my contacts are within the business sector here in Hell’s Gate. Distribution, shelter, and enrichment are things I excel at providing but they are only a sliver of the talents I choose to monetize. The acquaintances and friends that I know have all been earned as we all work together to make the lives of our customers much more fulfilling. They live in a land ripe with potential where ambition and commitment can lead to benefits beyond what the media and the government advertise.  I am sure you have already witnessed the superior technology present within my beautiful city of Hell’s Gate and the infectious prosperity displayed in places such as these that serves to entice….tourists such as yourself. You would be free to indulge in all of its wonder. The opera houses, variety of eating and drinking places, along with the nature my city prides itself on can all be beneficial to you should you simply wish to sightsee….”

Pearl could feel a small sliver of disappointment as she realized from what Ilyana was saying that she didn't have a high political position.  She was influential in business, and from the sound of it business that catered to the darker needs of society.  Or this is what Pearl surmised with the reference to land that was ripe beyond benefits given by media and government.  The next part of her speech talked of normal tourist attractions, which was something she could have learned from any local or servant.  

“or get yourself into trouble. If all you need are recommendations, I am sure the servants here are prepared to provide you a proper list of places to visit tailored to your specific interests.”

Ilyana confirmed her suspicions with these last words.  She almost sighed in disinterest, knowing that there was a strong possibility that she wasn't going to be helping get connections for Seinaru Forven like Skacharm asked if she just stayed here and chatted.  The feel of Ilyana's arm slithering around her shoulder shook Pearl out of her thoughts.  She was about to quickly turn her head toward the girl, to read on her face the intentions she might have, when she felt the whisper of a breath on her earlobe.  The insinuation was that Ilyana might be willing to find Pearl some type of sexual hook up, or maybe it was a drug or magic high.  The words were left purposefully vague, and the close contact without permission told Pearl that Ilyana wasn't worried about making Pearl feel uncomfortable.  If Pearl wanted to know what kind of person Ilyana was with her fishing, she had just been given a big clue.  There might as well be a sign pointing over Ilyana's head that said, 'I play no games.'  

Knowing this about a person would leave some afraid of the person.  It didn't Pearl.  She'd been faced with many scary things in her life, and Ilyana was far from the worst.  She took a drink of her whiskey, purposely ignoring the hand on her shoulder.  Then she looked toward Ilyana with a fake smile, not hiding the fact that it was fake.  At this point she didn't worry so much about being offensive.  In her eyes, she hadn't started this strange uncomfortable moment.  But she knew what Skacharm would have wanted her to do, and she promised him that she'd try to be good.  

"I'm flattered, really I am," she wasn't actually flattered, but it didn't hurt to say so.  "For someone to be so concerned with my wants and needs, that's.... very considerate."  She took another gulp of her whiskey until the liquid was gone.  Then she turned back to Ilyana with the same fake smile.  "It's just that my purpose here is mainly business.  I really don't have time for ... tourist activities."  Knowing that the conversation could die quickly from here, and feeling like Skacharm would have wanted her to make more of an effort (he'd better give her a medal for all she was doing for Seinaru Forven). she decided to make things a little less about what she could get and a little more about who she was with at the moment.  "So... before you said you were the owner of The Redeemer.  What is The Redeemer, might I ask?  It sounds like a powerful weapon."  She could be flattering too, when she wanted to be.  

@Dolor Aeternum

Thurgood/Middy

It should be no secret that he doesn't want to be here anyways. If Thurgood had his way, he'd be digging out the basement for his new house near the coast of Northwest Corinth. but he does see Middy narrow her eyes.

"Aww, you hopin' I'd be dumb enough to give away something substantial?" he asks, openly mocking her, "Unlike a vast majority of other guys, I don't think entirely with my dick. Fuck, I hardly ever think with it at all." There was a time on Gaia Prime, in the Black Sand Bar (he loved that place), when he was building a coal-fired power-plant out of Lego pieces, with a pretty damn attractive lady that didn't like wearing clothes about an arms-length away; he kept building.

"But yeah, that... that particular rigid-framed lighter-than-air craft's propulsion system genuinely intrigues me. I wish you could tell me more about it, but whatever; I'm pretty sure that now our conversation is over."

[ Míra Andronov / Michael von Morgenstern ]

Míra is not quite an admirer of dusty old relics and formidable hunting trophies, but they do serve their purpose, highlighting the odd wealth of the palatial residence and its owners. It is still not to her taste, however; not quite.

She stands apart from the rest, studying a tapestry with critical eyes as she keeps an ear open to the faint buzz of conversations around. A gathering of the calculated and the rambunctious, not quite like the meeting of like-minded individuals from several weeks ago, where rings had been given and a partnership had been struck amongst the tenebrous few. She had figured the success of the first would then lead to a string of more favorable outcomes for the next ones, and what kind of connoisseur for the aesthetics would she be if she were to miss such an invitation to the Glassmann estate?

However: perhaps it is yet too early to assume, but her initial impression of the other guests does not currently prove to be very promising. The enigmatic hostess, perhaps, but not all.

She turns away from the tapestry, all crisp dark-suit lines and red-lipped elegance, the skull-ring heavy from where it sits on a chain around her neck, hidden from curious eyes. As a known businesswoman and a public face, she has no need for it here, but the option remains, an avenue to take should the need arise.  She clears her dry throat as she studies the tablet, drags a finger, painted nails crimson-bright, across the screen to examine the information laid out on it, lifting her gaze to the man beside her with a pointed look.

As if reading the direction her thoughts have turned to, the servant assigned to her wordlessly nods and leads the way to the bar. He is merely put to use as a silent companion, where she is concerned. There is not much to discuss that would not be trivial, but he does not seem to mind.

She trails behind the servant, spotting a blond man sitting alone by the bar, fiddling with his own tablet. Perhaps this is her partner for the first round? Míra takes one glance at her screen and strides forward, overtaking her companion as she makes for the stranger.

“The choice between whisky or wine,” she says, sliding into a cushioned barstool beside the blond man with graceful fluidity, “would determine your congruency with me.” A wave of her fingers, a succinct order, and a glass of red wine appears before her. She pivots, smiles delicately as she catches that frost-stained gaze, extends a hand towards him. “Míra Andronov. Pleasure to meet you.”

@Grimmholt

Edited by vielle

THURGOOD/MIDDY

As Thurgood began his tirade, the Mistress' brows furrowed in fury. What gall does this man have to accuse a lady such as the Mistress of alluring him with her body. It seems she was right all along. All men are scum who think more with their genitals than their brain. 

"THURGOOD SINGLANCE!" she barked, "Yes, this disgusting conversation is over. I cannot believe that a sexist, chauvinist pig like you would stand before my presence!"

Her face was flushed, her breathing ragged. No, she cannot let this stand. "Did you think I was alluring you with my body? That I would entice you to sleep with me in exchange for what? Those primitive technology of yours? I expected better of you, Thurgood! It seems there is nothing we have left to talk about. Go and take your chauvinist ideals with you! I'm done dealing with men like you. You and Wilder both!"

Thurgood/Middy (final)

Middy hears it as chauvanitic. Thurgood said it as overly cynical. As he rises from his seat too damn calmly for the situation he has to fire back. "Which is what I tried to tell you earlier, but noooo; you told me to sit down. Now you're gonna have to find another home for those refugees. Bye."

Thurgood meanders over to get a snack, or drink, whatever the case may be, away from Middy, glad that he's out of that frankly painful conversation.

Truly, Thurgood Albert Singlance is a serious contender for the crown of the king of "not giving a fuck".

Clearly, Evienne had made a fatal and rookie mistake.

Caeceila Glassman, it seemed required the gentle caress of a velvet glove- not the iron fist of cynicism she had instead been hammered by. Evienne had simply thought that one who had seen- who had such a reputation wouldn't be so... sensitive. Needless to say, Evienne was an absolute- absolute fool.

Caeceila's wrath was awesome to behold; truly, Evienne was like a rag doll. Completely unprepared for the girl's wrath, luckily all she suffered was a bruised ego and the sinking terrifying realization her active dangersense brought onto her. 

Run.

You fucking fool, you stupid girl. Absolutely wretched thing: run.

Run to her and apologize.

The awesome display of power, the light that poured out from Caeceila Glassman had reduced Evienne to doubting even her own eyes. There certainly was certainly something extraordinary that flickered like a mirage before her crumpled figure. Evienne was terrified, even more so than when her Father would get mad at her; even more so than when a guard would perhaps, beat her a minute longer than he should've. But Evienne was a Dali, above everything else- and she had to right her wrong.

Dali were not as foolish as to be unable to correct their own mistakes.

Every fiber in her being urged her to get up and present herself as she is. Clearly a misunderstanding had occurred; a miscalculation on Evienne's part, and as she endured the brutal tirade the girl spit out at her. As she detailed the gory ways in which, Clementine had warned her about, tortured and maimed and hunted her enemies. As she talked about blood, and the sadistic ways technology was being used. Evienne stared at her, unwavering iron gaze in which surreptitious tears slipped out of. There has to be a way to salvage this.

The truth remained that Evienne had never been treated as thus.

The absolute, consuming fear that ever triggered her dangersense up until this point had been about grasping the wrong cutlery for the wrong course. Or, sneaking out of Leizhen's watchful gaze- this, was something else.

But, she had a sinking feeling it was no longer her that Caeceila Glassman railed against. But, rather, the community that she had been brought up in- Hell's Gate certainly offered Caeceila nothing of the gilded childhood Evienne had been gifted with. 

The truth behind the trauma inflicted on her was made apparent when she collapsed- this girl with such awesome destructive power, to a heaving sobbing mess; pleading with Evienne. 

It was indeed a tragedy, Evienne reflected- standing up, as if numb, that all I can hear is the blood rush to my ears.

Evienne didn't bother correcting her hair, now a tangly mess of curls- or the crumpled silk. She stepped forward, not at all hesitant- not a shred of fear that had so consumed her- still consumed her, on her face. But rather a look of absolute self reproachment, tears trailing down her cheeks. She dipped, all the way onto an imperial curtsy- one hand outstretched towards Caeceila's figure, the other bent as it was moments ago. She will not bring shame to the Dali name.

"I have no more to say Lady Caeceila Glassman, but this." she spat out, finding her voice hoarse.

"I apologize; clearly, I have not seen nor been through the things you have. I apologize for my crassness, I purposefully didn't communicate my believes on my morals, and have, stupidly caused a misunderstanding." She kept her head bowed, gaze firmly on the floor. "I have said such stupid things, I must first thank you for your candor- it really made me realize how far I've stuck my head up my arse. I must also beg your forgiveness, there are certain things that I believe in that are... cynical. But I'm not heartless, I am not without a conscience.

"I am a Goldcourt and a Dali, and such, I have morals that will not make me as those monsters you've seen. I made a joke in poor judgement- I did not consider what you've been through Lady Caeceila Glassman. I have not murdered, nor do I plan to ever." Evienne's heart beat so fat in her chest, she felt as though she could see beyond the floor, where the guests must surely be looking up. Wondering what in god's name was going on. 

She held her bowed stance.

"I'm a simple woman, I've not ever been to war; but I am here for a reason. I wish to help the rest of Terrenus, as well as Ursa Madeum- there's not much I can do, I only have a small business of making clothes. I am here to help in anyway I can, as well, as to further my own ends." And here, she shifted her gaze onto the sobbing figure of the hostess of the night. "I would not have come here- and instead send another one of the Dali or Goldcourt instead if I didn't believe in the cause."

Now, Evienne quivered- hands balling up, fingernails etching red crescent into her palm.

"My Lady, if you do not believe me, you have my permission to do to me as any of your enemies, cut me up- torture me. If you suspect I am still a 'heartless bitch' after what you've heard."

Evienne was gutsy and stupid. But, she was a Dali if nothing else.

43658903_289027231701947_5636994234244841979_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTg5MjA1NDE5OTk2MzcxNTYzNg==.2Thurgood/Middy (final)

The Mistress shrugs at the retreating figure of Thurgood. Then she chuckle. Oh the night is quite warming up. She wondered how many more delicious personalites she would encounter later? 

On the second hand, if Thurgood thinks he's done with the Mistress then he'd better be careful. She had heard gossip about her old friend Isaac Graham settling in Taen. Now she has someone else to visit. It would be quite fascinating the next time she meets Thurgood in Taen. She almost giggled at that notion. After all the only man she had was Wilder and that was it. She was more interested in Thurgood's partner. That woman was quite.....exquisite and a perfect fit to Middy's taste.

Once more the woman inhaled from her cigar, the nicotine filling her lungs. Oh Thurgood, when they meet again, the Mistress would surely enjoy that moment.

Edited by Thotification