Thotification

Of Farewells and Dying Thots (Funeral for Mistress Blackhead)

To everyone,

All good things must come to an end. So too is every person's life. While it pains me to admit this but our beloved Mistress Blackhead has finally found eternal rest. Her last stand at Shawnee was nothing but pure selflessness. She sacrificed her life to protect the poor villagers of that random town coastal village that Dredge and the Legion assaulted. Her sacrifice may have been foolish but she was the only one left in that destitute place who can stand up to the terror that is the Legion. Let us all honor the sacrifice of this kind and humble woman for her selfless sacrifice.

We all know how much of a kind-hearted and loving woman the Mistress' is. It has not been long since she appeared in this world and her sudden parting with us will be felt deeply within hearts. It was such a sad fate that has befallen this poor soul. The Mistress may have died but her actions will forever be remembered. To everyone whose hearts have been touch by the Mistress' love, please come to her funeral near Last Chance in front of Castle Blackspear. While you may have met her briefly, her soul would find everlasting piece if you can offer your sympathies and perhaps a few words to her grave..

May the Mistress find peace in her next life.

Yes. It has come to this. he Mistress finally kicked the bucket. Everyone is invited to leave a few words in front of the Mistress' grave. Whatever the message contains, whether good or bad, the Mistress wouldn't mind. You can make mourn for her, leave eulogies, spit on her grave, piss on her grave, even make fun of her, anything is possible as long as you make you're post as memorable or as badass as possible. One post per person would be enough. Also this might be covered by the media. Enjoy! 

@danzilla3 @Chappu @LastLight

Edited by Thotification

Well, since Shane is in the area (he resides in Last Chance now) and since he is the one character of mine to have encountered the Mistress, I suppose he could come by to pay his respects... uh... or just try to persuade the mourning Blackspear members take out their sorrows by joining him in going back to blow Club Euphoria to hell. XD

15 hours ago, Tyler said:

Well, since Shane is in the area (he resides in Last Chance now) and since he is the one character of mine to have encountered the Mistress, I suppose he could come by to pay his respects... uh... or just try to persuade the mourning Blackspear members take out their sorrows by joining him in going back to blow Club Euphoria to hell. XD

Sure. I don't see why not....XD

Nah, I'll also send someone to swing by.  Last Chance is a little out of the way, though, so I've gotta consider which of my characters will show.  Said attendee might even be someone new delivering a message of sorts!

I think I'll decide after I see the OP because I'm not quite sure what the tone of this event will be.  The Mistress didn't put up much of a fight in the LoD thread, so I'm guessing she isn't actually dead.

The missive mentioned in the OP will allow Caeceila to start harassing the LoD.  Caeceila will commence said harassment after coordinating with the Terrenus Military to establish supply lines, communications, etc.

2 hours ago, The Alexandrian said:

Nah, I'll also send someone to swing by.  Last Chance is a little out of the way, though, so I've gotta consider which of my characters will show.  Said attendee might even be someone new delivering a message of sorts!

I think I'll decide after I see the OP because I'm not quite sure what the tone of this event will be.  The Mistress didn't put up much of a fight in the LoD thread, so I'm guessing she isn't actually dead.

The missive mentioned in the OP will allow Caeceila to start harassing the LoD.  Caeceila will commence said harassment after coordinating with the Terrenus Military to establish supply lines, communications, etc.

🤣 I'm sure the Mistress could not survive that death. Her body got butchered and staked and burned. The ashes were fed to the sharks as well. 😂 The op might take a while tho 😭

Thread is up! 😂

Tagging anyone that might be interested to contibrute. 😂 Just one short post consisting of your character's entry, thoughts or messages to be said before her coffin, a token to drop before her grave perhaps and your character's exit.

@vielle @danzilla3 @LastLight @Tyler @The Alexandrian @ChaosLord @Chappu @Alexithymia @-Lilium- @Djinn&Juice

Edited by Thotification

Caeceila and company aim to confiscate the Mistress's remains and informally interrogate Shishi over the course of this scene/in a subsequent scene.  As such, I'll hold off on posting until others have had a shot at it for drama and the like.

@Thotification  I've yet to run this past @supernal, but Shishi volunteering to provide information on the LoD's and/or the Black Spear Cartel's whereabouts, morale, force distribution, supply lines, etc may, if canonized, make her eligible for some sort of reward if she joins the Terrenus Military.  If providing such intelligence to my characters, who are cooperating with but not representatives of the Terrenus Military, would preclude Shishi from receiving said reward, Nines, who will be pinch-hitting for Caeceila as far as this scene is concerned, can arrange for Shishi's transportation to and lodging in Hell's Gate until Major Steel can meet with her to take her formal statements.

1 hour ago, The Alexandrian said:

Caeceila and company aim to confiscate the Mistress's remains and informally interrogate Shishi over the course of this scene/in a subsequent scene.  As such, I'll hold off on posting until others have had a shot at it for drama and the like.

@Thotification  I've yet to run this past @supernal, but Shishi volunteering to provide information on the LoD's and/or the Black Spear Cartel's whereabouts, morale, force distribution, supply lines, etc may, if canonized, make her eligible for some sort of reward if she joins the Terrenus Military.  If providing such intelligence to my characters, who are cooperating with but not representatives of the Terrenus Military, would preclude Shishi from receiving said reward, Nines, who will be pinch-hitting for Caeceila as far as this scene is concerned, can arrange for Shishi's transportation to and lodging in Hell's Gate until Major Steel can meet with her to take her formal statements.

I did discuss Shishis part as a consultant with supernal but it should happen later at the end of the thread. Although Glassman might be disappointed that Shishi only has info on the low ranking members and not the core members. Since most have disappeared after the Mistress died.

Edited by Thotification

On 12/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, The Alexandrian said:

Always recommend sending me a PM on something like this to make sure I don't miss it btw. Totally forgot about this until Thot mentioned something in PM

Thot changes names and nicknames between related characters too often for me to keep track of, so just being upfront that I don't know who Shishi is. If Shishi has or had active ties to a cartel / criminal organization the likelihood of their being accepted into the military, at least in functions which might require clearance or confer authority, are slim. I avoid saying nonexistent because hey, we can come up with anything, but "realistically" I don't think so 

That said a paramilitary or likewise adjacent type of relationship is totally viable, like the kind that Cae has with the military with probably a few more shades of grey. Cae's affiliation with the military would enhance the value of the meeting. That is they are more likely to take Shishi serious and they will take Cae's recommendations seriously as it's basically a high value lead that works out (if it works out; if it tanks, then the polarity would flip, naturally)

On 12/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, Thotification said:

I did discuss Shishis part as a consultant with supernal but it should happen later at the end of the thread. Although Glassman might be disappointed that Shishi only has info on the low ranking members and not the core members. Since most have disappeared after the Mistress died.

Even information on low ranking members is fine. You just have to provide the Terrenus military with an "in". After that it getting more value out of that knowledge is on the military, and not just on Shishi. Imagine it like if a CI provided a detective with a good bit of intel - and now the POV switches to the detective, or the CIA agent, etc. I think this makes sense not just from an IC perspective but from an OOC perspective it also pits you against another player(s) rather than you chasing yourself, you know?

Edited by supernal

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

Always recommend sending me a PM on something like this to make sure I don't miss it btw. Totally forgot about this until Thot mentioned something in PM

Thot changes names and nicknames between related characters too often for me to keep track of, so just being upfront that I don't know who Shishi is. If Shishi has or had active ties to a cartel / criminal organization the likelihood of their being accepted into the military, at least in functions which might require clearance or confer authority, are slim. I avoid saying nonexistent because hey, we can come up with anything, but "realistically" I don't think so 

That said a paramilitary or likewise adjacent type of relationship is totally viable, like the kind that Cae has with the military with probably a few more shades of grey. Cae's affiliation with the military would enhance the value of the meeting. That is they are more likely to take Shishi serious and they will take Cae's recommendations seriously as it's basically a high value lead that works out (if it works out; if it tanks, then the polarity would flip, naturally)

Even information on low ranking members is fine. You just have to provide the Terrenus military with an "in". After that it getting more value out of that knowledge is on the military, and not just on Shishi. Imagine it like if a CI provided a detective with a good bit of intel - and now the POV switches to the detective, or the CIA agent, etc. I think this makes sense not just from an IC perspective but from an OOC perspective it also pits you against another player(s) rather than you chasing yourself, you know?

Oh right, I forgot...Shishi was Ravenbush's real name. Ravenbush was the Mistress' younger twin sister.