Jump to content
Ataraxy

Have a Joyous Reverie!

Method of Reverie Eve's Tournament  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. Which rule set would you like for the tournament?

    • T1 Chosen Ruleset
      5
    • Load, Block, Shoot
      1
    • MOBS
      4


Recommended Posts

I like the drawing a lot. I lol but only because it's cute 

I like ALL of it really but I especially liked that

----

For the U.M. king position you know my plans to setup a republic there. For both ideas to dovetail would I 1) have to nab the king position and then try to pass an edict to replace a king with a republic, 2) can vie for the king position AS the republic, or 3) am unable (at this time OR indefinitely) to establish a republic, would have to go with 1 and try to pass republic-like stuff meanwhile holding onto the throne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alexithymia said:

To either side of the cauldron is a single crescent moon and a sun

GAH! Lilith is behind this! I knew it!

 

 

Ahem, yes... anyway... I like it, it's like a Christmas that's actually a Thanksgiving. Also sign me up for the The Reverie Ball for sure.

Question though, what date/day do these occur? Tynes will be in UM sometime during early/mid-December, so he could potentially attend as well if the timing is right. Otherwise it will just be Abigail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, supernal said:

I like the drawing a lot. I lol but only because it's cute 

I like ALL of it really but I especially liked that

----

For the U.M. king position you know my plans to setup a republic there. For both ideas to dovetail would I 1) have to nab the king position and then try to pass an edict to replace a king with a republic, 2) can vie for the king position AS the republic, or 3) am unable (at this time OR indefinitely) to establish a republic, would have to go with 1 and try to pass republic-like stuff meanwhile holding onto the throne?

Thanks lol I thought it came out surprisingly well for my skill level.

I really like the third option right now. It's less all at once and can see some cool RP opportunities. So I'm going to say we start off with option 3, and then once some republic-like legislation is passed, you can use that as evidence/ a foundation and with support from 2/3rds of the houses you can then instill a republic (or something. We can talk more about it after a foundation of sorts is put into place using the current system. I'm putting quite a bit of effort into devising it, so I'd like to see it be used for a bit haha).

Though without actually overthrowing Titus, it will be a republic format, yes, but will still operate under Titus' oversight. You probably assumed that already, but figured I'd just say it so everyone reading knows.

8 minutes ago, Tyler said:

GAH! Lilith is behind this! I knew it!

 

 

Ahem, yes... anyway... I like it, it's like a Christmas that's actually a Thanksgiving. Also sign me up for the The Reverie Ball for sure.

Question though, what date/day do these occur? Tynes will be in UM sometime during early/mid-December, so he could potentially attend as well if the timing is right. Otherwise it will just be Abigail.

IC the tournament happens on the 24th (Reverie Eve) and everything else happens on the 25th/ 26th. Although OOC they'll happen whenever I get them started lol

I was really debating whether I should give it more of a Krampus Christmas style and make Lilith out to be the boogie man that gets you if you don't behave! I still might, but I figured I'll avoid integrating too much for the first year haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alexithymia said:

IC the tournament happens on the 24th (Reverie Eve) and everything else happens on the 25th/ 26th. Although OOC they'll happen whenever I get them started lol

Okay, Tynes will have left before then, since there's no way he gets back to Norkotia in time for their holiday, which is January 1st, if he leaves on the 26th. At least not this year, with the kind of technology that's available. Maybe next year when there are some airfields available, but right now he has to roll with the long drive across ~2,500 miles of Terran dirt, besides the voyage across ~2,000 miles of Terran/UM water.

So... much... distance...

8 minutes ago, Alexithymia said:

I was really debating whether I should give it more of a Krampus Christmas style and make Lilith out to be the boogie man that gets you if you don't behave! I still might, but I figured I'll avoid integrating too much for the first year haha

Haha, cool idea for the future for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House Uldwar plans on creating controversy by erecting statues all over Port Mars called "The Heroes of the Last Battle". These will be notable knights, warriors and other military folks who fought on the side of Gillick during the last battle to depose the Tyrant king. The greatest and most elaborate of the statues will be of Oscar's son Henry Uldwar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grubbistch said:

House Uldwar plans on creating controversy by erecting statues all over Port Mars called "The Heroes of the Last Battle". These will be notable knights, warriors and other military folks who fought on the side of Gillick during the last battle to depose the Tyrant king. The greatest and most elaborate of the statues will be of Oscar's son Henry Uldwar. 

Can you do that after Reverie lmfao

That's like putting up statues of Confederate soldiers right as people celebrate the end of slavery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, put me in on the auction too. I'm still on the fence about the maze though... kind of leaning against it for both IC and OOC reasons. All things considered, Abigail is like perfect Scrooge material, so I feel like she should be only involved in the things that are more serious and have practical impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aveline will be at the ball, and immediately before and after she will actually help the poor, not with handouts, but with something they really need: employment. Specifically, employment in the three major projects that House Singlance hopes will start their, and the Veluriyam Empire's path to economic supremacy. First project is a massive quarry on either side of the river that runs through their territory, and an open bauxite mine, to gather raw materials and dig a reservoir for the second project: a concrete hydroelectric dam, which will power the third project; expansion of bauxite mining and a massive aluminum production facility.

Thurgood will be back in their territory setting up the cement crushers and kiln.

You bet your ass Aveline will reveal these plans at the ball when she gets the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, notmuch_23 said:

Thurgood will be back in their territory setting up the cement crushers and kiln.

Because you have to put the workers who don't pull their weight somewhere. 🤣

Edited by Tyler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Order of the White Hand will not be participating, they are fighting a war, lol.

But I have a character who loves festivities, she may be there just for kicks! What can we expect in the maze? Any booby trap stuff? lolol. 

Otherwise, I may finally try my hand at T1, because Ataraxy looks like a friendly judge 😂

I haven't decided!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×