Ataraxy

Ataraxy Learns/ Tries to Draw

I know that I'm going to end up losing or ruining the drawings plus I wanna post 'em here cause it lets me plug my characters lol

Uh so, I started drawing about 3 days ago and I don't have a tablet to draw on so everything is done (painstakingly) by hand. And no, I don't have photoshop lol I have a Chromebook. 

AIso don't have a skin color colored pencil or marker. Gotta go buy that. I also have a printer that scans but it sucks so I'll probably just snap pictures. It's odd though, drawings apparently look much better in RL. I honestly didn't know that before I started trying to upload them lol

K den

Day 1: Wanted to draw something for the Reverie event

1mfu1ia.jpg

Day 2: I wanted to try drawing a person anime style, so I chose Lilith and found a tutorial on Youtube. Actually turned out fairly decent, much to my surprise

- Skin color was applied online. Some websites have a smart brush tool thing. Didn't know that. A bit dark for Lilith but whatever, close enough.

sRS2T9W.png

Day 3: I wanted to try drawing a chibi character, so like yesterday I find a tutorial (I actually combined a few of them cause they all had a few aspects I like but doing quite what I wanted) and did it for Mercury, my Vampire Loli character lmao

This was was a bit weird to do (so many different styles) and my hands hurt so it was tough to take a photo properly lol 

Man, I gotta go buy a better colored pencils/ markers lol

Au48kWg.jpg

@supernal So I was going to try my hand at make an actual super elegant drawing of Gaia similar to how I did Lilith above, but I felt more like drawing chibis. The one I did of Mercury yesterday came out a bit odd cause the tutorial didn't go through the whole chubby cheeks thing that chibis usually have. 

Um, yeah. I also don't know how to draw beg trees and thorns (especially on her head like a circlet) so I just used blue, yellow, and green (terran colors) to symbolize her being Gaia. 

Hope you like it! I think this is my best so far

iYrwsXT.jpg?1

19 minutes ago, supernal said:

lol i do like it. gaia is so effing cute!

I know right! I wish I had skin color though lol When I get a bit better I might change up her hairstyle to put in the thorn circlet. 

1 minute ago, jaistlyn said:

Aww! I can imagine her being the mascot for Gaia lore, flying around introducing all the areas lol!

That's actually what I was going for LOL Maybe when I reach the point where I'm good enough to start drawing digitally, I can make something and Carlos will use it in the New Members Guide or something haha

1 hour ago, AngryCacti said:

Adorable!

❤️ Thanks!

K so my hand hurts after this one since I tried to make them small and I had no real idea how to draw a character looking away from me, but I gave it shot. 

Also, @LastLight idk what your character wears but the reference photo has him wearing a tunic. I tried my best to make it not look like a dress lol Turned out kind toga looking roman tunic thing. I wanted the hood but no matter what I did I couldn't figure it out so I gave up lol

LeORdDm.jpg?1

So based on the tutorial I saw for the above drawing, I decided I wanted to try free-handing it. As I'm still learning how to angle the body and all that, my attempt didn't turn out quite how the tutorial one turned out but it wasn't bad lol I'm just pretty proud I figured out how to do the finger taunt lol

@vielle 

f33jNnU.jpg

Hey man, you've got a great start. Your hands are running slightly small though.

I draw a little,and found this was worth the whopping 15 bucks: https://www.udemy.com/character-art-school-complete-character-drawing/

It has a lot of great pointers and many other classes as well.

9 minutes ago, The Hummingbird said:

Hey man, you've got a great start. Your hands are running slightly small though.

I draw a little,and found this was worth the whopping 15 bucks: https://www.udemy.com/character-art-school-complete-character-drawing/

It has a lot of great pointers and many other classes as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been noticing that haha I haven't been overly worries about proportions since I'm trying to understand how to reflect the body turning and stuff. Angles are tough. 

I'll give it a look, but right now I'm sticking with youtube cause I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking with drawing. I need to continue doing it a little bit before I can start spending some money on my lil' hobby lol I'll definitely circle back to that when I get to the point of spending money on getting better. 

#poorcollegekid

3 minutes ago, The Hummingbird said:

Nevermind then. Sorry for wasting your time. 

I mean, no need to get so negative. You didn't waste my time and I don't think I implied that. You suggested something, which was nice of you, and I said I'd go back to it once I decide to spend money toward my hobby. Having something in mind for when I take a step to the next level isn't a waste of time, so I'm not entirely sure why you responded like I insulted you or something. 

But in any case, thanks for the recommendation lol 

On a different note, looking at the drawing again, I think the reason my Danny Phantom styled lady looks so different from the actual characters is because I use more curved lines than straight lines. I'll go back again tomorrow and see if I can figure out what went wrong and where.