Jump to content
amenities

Suggest a Curse! Making a List of 100 for d/100 Usage

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Alexithymia said:

I thought you meant Val orientated curse words 😞

 

Hey, back when I was an innocent teenager, "Curses!" was my cuss word of choice. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Hey, back when I was an innocent teenager, "Curses!" was my cuss word of choice. XD

Lol

The best Val swear will always be "by Gaia's tits!"

Edit: @Tyler it's based on expressions like Merlin's beard, Thor's hammer, Freya's tits, etc. Ancient Greeks were pretty big on the goddess name + tits as an expression lol

@supernal you should give Gaia a symbol or something. Like if she has a a third eye people could go "By Gaia's third eye!"

Edited by Alexithymia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alexithymia said:

Lol

The best Val swear will always be "by Gaia's tits!"

Edit: @Tyler it's based on expressions like Merlin's beard, Thor's hammer, Freya's tits, etc. Ancient Greeks were pretty big on the goddess name + tits as an expression lol

@supernal you should give Gaia a symbol or something. Like if she has a a third eye people could go "By Gaia's third eye!"

Symbol of Gaianism is a thorny circle with a world tree like what you see on the flag on the landing page

BUT I mean there can be all sorts of depictions right? If someone wanted to make some . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supernal said:

Symbol of Gaianism is a thorny circle with a world tree like what you see on the flag on the landing page

BUT I mean there can be all sorts of depictions right? If someone wanted to make some . . . 

Lol I'mma give that a shot as my drawing challenge today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: Curse of The Djinn: Must speak in ryhme for a duration, cannot formulate any words or conjectures that don't have a matching couplet or otherwise it will be left unsaid
2: Curse of The Soldier: Must follow all suggestions, conversation, and vernacular as though they are direct orders for the duration
3: Cursing of the Mad God: Bursts of laughter, gibberish, and lies will emanate from you whilst you are convinced you must eat your weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my two cents! 😊

  1. The character is compelled to hug all the other characters they come across, even if the circumstances would deem it inappropriate or awkward.
  2. The character perceives traps everywhere they go where none exist. 
  3. The character must only speak (or if you'd like more of a challenge, also think!) in rhyme. My bad; I repeated it from Djinn&Juice! 😅
  4. The character must compulsively juggle items any time they come across two or more of the same object within easy reach.
Edited by vielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vielle said:

The character must only speak (or if you'd like more of a challenge, also think!) in rhyme.

I believe Djinn&Juice already suggested this one earlier!


Anyway, Amenities did say he's increasing the number of suggestions per person in the chatbox, so I will take full partial advantage of that! 

So, including my previous suggestions, here's an updated suggestion list:

  1. Character's head will be on backward.

  2. Characters face will disappear.

  3. Character will be transformed into a tree. (rooted to the ground, but still has a face and able to talk, limited movement)

  4. Character will be transformed into a frog. (because seriously, it's the most cliche transformation out there)

  5. Character will be transformed into a horse.

  6. Character will transform into whatever they fear the most!

  7. Character's body will be changed into a geometric shape. (such as a sphere, cube, pyramid, etc.; no extremities and only able to wiggle for movement)

  8. Character will blow up like a balloon and float away. (think Aunt Marge in Harry Potter 3)

  9. Fragmentation curse. (could alternately be called a "Mr. Potatohead curse"; character's body falls into pieces that can individually function, but are no longer connected to one-another)

  10. Body swap with another character.

Amenities said fifteen, but I'll exercise courageous restraint and stop at ten...

Although, I'm tempted for my eleventh choice to be all three of these suggestions combined:

On 12/6/2018 at 10:37 AM, amenities said:

1. Character can't stop crying for the duration of this curse.

2. Character's gender is swapped for the duration of this curse.

3. Character falls into a highly sensual romance with the first object they see for the duration of this curse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler said:

I believe Djinn&Juice already suggested this one earlier!

Whoops! 😰 That's what I get for writing in the dead of night on a school day 😂 Okay, here's an alternative one to replace it (and then some, because this is fun):

  • The next item the character grabs is stuck to their body forever; they can never get rid of it until the curse wears off.
  • The character becomes incapable of visually seeing or perceiving living creatures.
  • When the character is travelling, a spectral servant follows them, clapping two halves of a coconut together to imitate the noise of a horse 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vielle said:

When the character is travelling, a spectral servant follows them, clapping two halves of a coconut together to imitate the noise of a horse 😏

I. Can't. Like. This. Enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyler said:

I believe Djinn&Juice already suggested this one earlier!


Anyway, Amenities did say he's increasing the number of suggestions per person in the chatbox, so I will take full partial advantage of that! 

So, including my previous suggestions, here's an updated suggestion list:

  1. Character's head will be on backward.

  2. Characters face will disappear.

  3. Character will be transformed into a tree. (rooted to the ground, but still has a face and able to talk, limited movement)

  4. Character will be transformed into a frog. (because seriously, it's the most cliche transformation out there)

  5. Character will be transformed into a horse.

  6. Character will transform into whatever they fear the most!

  7. Character's body will be changed into a geometric shape. (such as a sphere, cube, pyramid, etc.; no extremities and only able to wiggle for movement)

  8. Character will blow up like a balloon and float away. (think Aunt Marge in Harry Potter 3)

  9. Fragmentation curse. (could alternately be called a "Mr. Potatohead curse"; character's body falls into pieces that can individually function, but are no longer connected to one-another)

  10. Body swap with another character.

Amenities said fifteen, but I'll exercise courageous restraint and stop at ten...

Although, I'm tempted for my eleventh choice to be all three of these suggestions combined:

 

I like these and as I was reading them some suggestions came to mind which I think may add a little spice to the thing

4a. And require a kiss from royalty in order to break the curse before its duration 

6a. And overcome their fear because they got to walk a mile in the shoes of that thing? Maybe roll for 1 = overcome, 2 = over-empathize, and 3 = completely replace with new fear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, supernal said:

I like these and as I was reading them some suggestions came to mind which I think may add a little spice to the thing

4a. And require a kiss from royalty in order to break the curse before its duration 

6a. And overcome their fear because they got to walk a mile in the shoes of that thing? Maybe roll for 1 = overcome, 2 = over-empathize, and 3 = completely replace with new fear 

I know this goes against the whole concept of having time limits, but there should almost be a version of the game where some of these curses, like the two you mentioned, where there is no time limit and you have to specifically fulfill those prerequisites somehow. But then again, that could also be problematic in a lot of ways, so... oh well. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×