Jump to content
amenities

Suggest a Curse! Making a List of 100 for d/100 Usage

Recommended Posts

As the name suggests, I am compiling a list of 100 curses in this thread! This list will be usable for d100 rolls in the Dice Rolling Thread. For example, @Tyler just used the d100 roll there to correspond his roll result with a curse from a list of curses elsewhere.

Well, now we'll have our own list of 100 curses so that, if your character runs into a supernaturally adverse scenario and you're looking to mix up the possibilities, this list will be at your disposal!

I am taking suggestions for this list for the foreseeable future, so please provide me with scrumptious ideas for curses!

Rules

15 curse suggestions allowed per player.

Do not link to or reference external sites in this thread.

There are a couple small details I will add, but this system will be completed AFTER the list of 100 curses is gathered, reviewed, and accepted.

The duration of the curse is going to be a d6 roll for number of posts affected, but I'll pat down the full system after the curses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MY THREE SUGGESTIONS:

1. Character can't stop crying for the duration of this curse.

2. Character's gender is swapped for the duration of this curse.

3. Character falls into a highly sensual romance with the first object they see for the duration of this curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw man, since I've got a list of 50-something curses, I could contribute so man, but I'll try to pick the best ones...

1. Character's head will be on backward.

2. Characters face will disappear.

3. Character will be transformed into a _____.   --  Honestly, you can have as many transformations as you can think of things to transform into, I don't know how you want to count this Amenities, if you have it be each number is an individual subject, or a category (as my list has) or just one shot thing for a transformation that gets picked by a separate roll or author choices.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Curse of Tongues-Afflicted character speaks in multiple languages at once for the duration of the curse.

2. Curse of Dread-Afflicted character is overcome with a deep sensation of dread for the duration of the curse.

3. Curse of Hilarity-Afflicted character is unable to stop laughing for the duration of the curse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, amenities said:

MY THREE SUGGESTIONS:

1. Character can't stop crying for the duration of this curse.

2. Character's gender is swapped for the duration of this curse.

3. Character falls into a highly sensual romance with the first object they see for the duration of this curse.

But what is the duration?

26 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Aw man, since I've got a list of 50-something curses, I could contribute so man, but I'll try to pick the best ones...

1. Character's head will be on backward.

2. Characters face will disappear.

3. Character will be transformed into a _____.   --  Honestly, you can have as many transformations as you can think of things to transform into, I don't know how you want to count this Amenities, if you have it be each number is an individual subject, or a category (as my list has) or just one shot thing for a transformation that gets picked by a separate roll or author choices.

 

Imo for number 3 you should specify an individual creature so others can do the same and we can have some really varied results built up from a crowdsourced effort 

Making suggestions one at a time . . . 

1. Character draws friendly fire in combat situations for duration

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, supernal said:

But what is the duration?

I don't know what Amenities is thinking, but for my model, I used a dice roll to determine the number of post turns. However, a user could also do other things, like determine an in-universe time frame (several hours, days, weeks, months) or a thread count even.

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

Imo for number 3 you should specify an individual creature so others can do the same and we can have some really varied results built up from a crowdsourced effort

If we do each suggestion as an individual transformation, then my suggestion shall be tree. Then 2/3 of my curses shall be from Dante's Inferno. Hehehehe.

Edited by Tyler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, supernal said:

But what is the duration?

Imo for number 3 you should specify an individual creature so others can do the same and we can have some really varied results built up from a crowdsourced effort 

Making suggestions one at a time . . . 

1. Character draws friendly fire in combat situations for duration of thread

The duration of the curse is going to be a d6 roll for number of posts affected, but I'll pat down the full system after the curses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this idea!

1.) Character forgets the last 15 minutes every time their name/nickname is said for the duration of the curse. 

2.) Character switches alignment for duration of curse. (Ex: Good becomes evil, lawful becomes chaotic, neutral changes to something else, etc...)

3.) character hallucinates a swarm of spiders crawling on their body.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I had a few in my maddening mists thread too. The ones that seemed to have worked out best are

1) Berserk - disregards friend or foe, sees every moving thing as something to be defeated

2) Personality change - suddenly have an opposite personality (this can actually turn a gloomy person.. happy??)

3) Nightmare - seeing things that are not there or distorting everything into much worse than it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, it might be worth it for the transformation-related ones to specify whether or not the character retains sentience or not. I usually operate with them retaining their mind, since that's better for the player (and funnier for the character).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler said:

Oh, it might be worth it for the transformation-related ones to specify whether or not the character retains sentience or not. I usually operate with them retaining their mind, since that's better for the player (and funnier for the character).

Agreed. In fact that should be the default assumption and people should just note otherwise. Cause it would not be fun to make between 1 and 6 posts about being a tree, waving in the breeze, and photosynthesizing. Maybe one post but definitely not six 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supernal said:

Agreed. In fact that should be the default assumption and people should just note otherwise. Cause it would not be fun to make between 1 and 6 posts about being a tree, waving in the breeze, and photosynthesizing. Maybe one post but definitely not six 

1 post about that would actually be appealing 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×