supernal

Persistent Alternative settings

Nothing wrong with PM but a pro for doing a public thread is that you might snag the attention of additional people you wouldn’t otherwise with the development done behind curtains

It won’t make a huge difference since it’ll be public at the end either way but something to consider  

1 minute ago, Vansin said:

Public lorecrafting? Sure, I’ll post it here after the first draft.

That works. In fact you can probably even post the first draft right to alternative where it can begin seeing use and just update and refine until you get to a final state you’re happy with. Just a suggestion I realize not everyone likes working like that 

I was wanting a western and what do you know I came to the right place

HEY MISTER THANK YOU SUPERNAL I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOUR GOJA-MOJA

I am so down to help you OOC and IC with this western shindig you’ve got nailed down, pardner. 

20 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

I was wanting a western and what do you know I came to the right place

HEY MISTER THANK YOU SUPERNAL I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOUR GOJA-MOJA

I am so down to help you OOC and IC with this western shindig you’ve got nailed down, pardner. 

I don’t have any ic plans but could sure use some images I can stick under attire and give people a visual anchor for outfits and aesthetic 

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

I don’t have any ic plans but could sure use some images I can stick under attire and give people a visual anchor for outfits and aesthetic 

I shall aim to assist this tonight.

So is the Alternative thread more like a designated hub for western ideas?

Would like to help more on that front as I can if so. I’m in quite a western mood these days on account of various media and I like an outlet while the feelings are fresh

1 minute ago, Die Shize said:

I shall aim to assist this tonight.

So is the Alternative thread more like a designated hub for western ideas?

Would like to help more on that front as I can if so. I’m in quite a western mood these days on account of various media and I like an outlet while the feelings are fresh

You can have western themes on Valucre proper since those as a whole aren’t restricted to normal settings. @Wade is doing this currently with his Stormlands and I can link you to that if interested. It’s  in Terrenus 

Oatpeak is western in genre, geography and timeline, which is why it’s placed in Alternative

Clothing articles begin at 04:52.

Spoiler

Black and white, fictional Old West item catalogue that could still be useful OOC and maybe even IC.

Here's a single outfit that fits a rough rider and a carpetbagger for that matter:

Spoiler

red-dead-redemption-2-dutch.jpg

Maybe you can let me know if this the stuff you're after, and I can expand/adjust my presentations?

Edited by Die Shize

15 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Clothing articles begin at 04:52.

Hide contents

Black and white, fictional Old West item catalogue that could still be useful OOC and maybe even IC.

Here's a single outfit that fits a rough rider and a carpetbagger for that matter:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe you can let me know if this the stuff you're after, and I can expand/adjust my presentations?

The stuff on the video would be great if we could get stills from the video or pages from the book if it's online anywhere, with proper attribution ofc

Pictures like what you have in the spoiler would work too and is exactly what I'm looking for. I figure, if possible, a variety of outfits based on roles/professions to give people a spectrum of ideas. What a miner / prospector looks like, a farmer, a gunslinger, a doctor or lawyer