Ataraxy

The Tournament of Reverie (T1e)

It's not "This might snowball." it's "This will immediately become an insurmountable obstacle."

Allowing only the winners to restock their ability uses immediately places them in a position to obliterate their depleted opponent. The only way that would work is if you made all the winners fight each other every other round, so strong is fighting strong, but we don't have enough people to do that.

1 hour ago, Djinn&Juice said:

Im always seeking to improve my combat awareness eventhough the T1 format spooks me due to its inherently competitive nature, but dammit i need to get out of my comfort zone and smash some action figures together!

Count me in as well!

Don't worry; you'll probably kick my ass. I've only won a single T1 conflict, and that was because the guy I was fighting decided he hated dealing with my character's kooky sense of humor and bailed. 

I don't expect that to work twice. 

12 minutes ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

Don't worry; you'll probably kick my ass. I've only won a single T1 conflict, and that was because the guy I was fighting decided he hated dealing with my character's kooky sense of humor and bailed. 

I don't expect that to work twice. 

I mean your name is glorious so im already stoked, and this is only one of two T1's ive been apart of. MOBS being one of the only tournaments ive won lmao, but losing is as good as winning when it comes to that sweet sweet character development! 

Im mulling over a few potential characters and am eager to see how this marvelous disaster unfolds! 

Essentially i am to be the Hercule of the T1 circuit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR434UIZRdw0EZ4tedlt-8

I'm officially entering Ananias. I've put the tournament template in a separate post at the bottom of the character profile.

Note that while Ananias has a few weaknesses listed in the long-form description, Ataraxy and I determined that we're going to kind of ignore those for this tournament (since, as it turns out, Ataraxy's never seen someone intentionally give their characters weaknesses before -- I'm not as shocked by that as I feel I should be). The template is what I'm going with for this fight; any other surprises are nothing more than stylish quickdraw attacks, or blatant attempts at psychological warfare with no functional effect. 

Alright.  I attempted to apply the template to Camelia's sheet.  Let me know if there's anything I ought to change.  This character's skill set made template-fitting a bit odd.

The Cat's Meow: "Cammy" Sorina - Revamped!

Spoiler

General:

Species: Definitely Nyat A Catperson

Type: Summoner/Torturer/Medic

Persistent Conditions (Innate Advantages, Innate Disadvantages, Etc.):

Primary Stat: Magical POW

Secondary Stat: Movement Speed (Distinct from DEX)

Elemental/Magical Affinities: Raw Magic Affinity

Consequence: Unless Otherwise Specified, Magical Attacks Are Raw Magic Type

Supplemental:  N/A

Body Size: Small and Slight

Consequence: Confers Innate Penalty to Physical Power and Penalty to Opponent's Chance to Hit

Supplemental: Under 5'; Approximately 110 lbs

Physical Power: Low

Consequence: Physical Quickdraws Deal 0.5 Damage Points (Default)

Supplemental: Halved Physical Quickdraw DP Does Not Apply to Weretiger Form

Magical Power: High (Gifted Summoner/Sorcerer)

Consequence: When Attacking, Cammy Can Deal Magical Damage Instead of Physical Damage; She Is Immune to Silence-Type Effects

Supplemental: Cammy Can Channel/Launch Magical Attacks Under Extreme Duress

Equipment:

1. One Leather-Bound Grimoire
    1. Facilitates IC Preps
  2. One Wand (Fires 1 DP, Quickdraw-Type Raw Magic Bolts)
    1. Wand Extends the Range of Cammy's Quickdraws; Wand Draws Charge from the User's Magic Reserves
  3. Lengths of Cold Iron Chain (Coiled Around Forearms)
    1. Capable of Being Quickdrawn; Can Entangle Foes
  4. Lightweight Grade 38 Titanium Combat Armor (To Prevent Fatalities)
    1. "Flavor" Armor; Provides No Bonuses or Penalties in this Context

Abilities:

Mark of Decay

• Type: Passive Applied "On-Hit"
  • Range: Not Applicable
  • Description: If Camelia's attacks hit or Camelia is hit by an object, that target/object is marked.  Marked target may be organic or inorganic.  Marks cause no direct damage.  Mark stat targets must be called when Camelia's marks are placed.
  • Innate DP: 0 Points
  • Persistent DP: 0 Points
  • Turn Duration: Unlimited
  • Uses: Unlimited
  • Notes: Feeds Leech Potential

Leech Potential

• Type: Technically-Prepped Insta-Strike
  • Range: Unlimited
  • Description: Camelia "explodes" her marks, removing stacks of marks while "leeching" points from the stats she called as her marks were placed.  This confers buffs/straight healing to Camelia and corresponding debuffs/straight damage to her opponent.  In general, attribute theft will target CON, Magical POW, Physical POW, DEX, or Movement Speed, but Camelia will sometimes target elemental affinities thereby changing the type of her magical attacks.  This attack scales like a prepped attack with 0 base damage for damage/healing.  Half of the equivalent prepped DP will heal Cammy while the other half of the equivalent prepped DP will damage the marked target.  Halved scaling will be applied to buffs and debuffs gained through attribute theft.
    • Damage/Healing Example: Cammy Expends 1 Mark of Decay to Deal 0.5 DP and Heal 0.5 DP
    • Buff/Debuff Example: Cammy Expends 4 "POW" Marks of Decay to Leech 1 "POW" DP for 2 Rounds and Reduce Enemy "POW" DP by 1 for 2 Rounds
  • Turn Duration: Variable; See T1 Evolution Rule Set for Details
  • Uses: Unlimited
  • Notes; Feeds Summon Lesser Servitor and Accursed Kitten; Can Store Extra Buff/Debuff Points for Summon Lesser Servitor and Accursed Kitten

Summon Lesser Servitor (Prepped Attack)

• Type: Summon
  • Range: Variable; See Description for Additional Details
  • Description: Camelia expends preps or burns stolen attributes (buffs) to summon various creatures to the battlefield.  Scaling is as follows:
    • 1 Prep/Buff Point Expended: Summons a murder of nightmarish crows capable of dealing 1 physical damage per turn and obscuring portions of the battlefield.
      • Crows can move and attack in the same post as they are summoned.  They are driven off upon taking 1 point damage, concentrated or area of effect, but they may return after a 1 round delay until they either take 2 points of damage total or 1 point of area-of-effect damage.
        • Health Points: 2 Points Any Damage Type or 1 Point AOE
        • Quickdraw Damage: 1 Point
        • High Mobility
        • Can Fly
        • The Murder of Crows Can Block Lines of SIght
        • Uses: Infinite
    • 2 Preps/Buff Point Expended: Summons two large celestial wolves capable of dealing 1 physical/holy damage each per turn.
      • Celestial wolves have 2 health each and high movement speed.  Wolves can move on the same turn as they are summoned but cannot attack.  Celestial wolves can prep an area-of-effect attack to cleanse the surrounding area of deleterious effects and curses (default AOE 5 meter radius).  This attack has a base damage of 1 point.  Standard physical attacks launched by celestial wolves have a chance of knocking down/pinning the target.
        • Health Points: 2 Each
        • Slight Chance of Knocking Down Target; Can Pin a Downed Target
        • High Mobility
        • 1 Spell
          • Cleanse Area
          • AoE
          • Removes Deleterious Effects (Cursed Surfaces, Poison, Oil, Fire, Etc.)
          • Requires 1 Wolf!Prep
        • Uses: 2
    • 3 Preps/Persistent Advantage Points Expended: Summons an undead bear with 5 health capable of dealing 1 physical damage per turn.
      • The undead bear does not shy away from damage; it cannot move or attack in the first turn it is summoned (during which it preps its passive).  It is not particularly mobile.  Attacks the undead bear lands cause an additional 0.5 points of necrotic-type Persistent Damage and can stack up to four times.
        • Health Points: 5
        • Not Particularly Mobile
        • Large Animal
        • Successful Attacks Apply 0.5 Points of Necrotic-Type Persistent Damage
          • Persistent Damage Points Last for Up to 5 Rounds
        • Uses: 1
    • 4 Preps/Persistent Advantage Points Expended: Summons a skeletal gladiator with 7 health capable of dealing 1 physical damage per turn.
      • When the skeletal gladiator is summoned, Camelia links her pool of hp to its hp.  The skeleton can move and attack in the same turn as it is summoned.  It absorbs damage points Camelia would incur until it is destroyed.  The gladiator spawns with an aura of pestilence, causing the wounds of Camelia's enemies within 5 meters of its position to fester, adding a Persistent Disadvantage to movement-related abilities.
        • Health Points: 7
        • Mobile
        • Equipped With Sword and Shield
        • Magically Tanks Damage for Camelia
        • Can Interact With Items on the Battlefield
        • Wounded Enemies Within 5 Meters Gain One Persistent Disadvantage to Movement-Related Abilities Until the Gladiator Is Destroyed
        • Uses: 1
  • Turn Duration: Summon Remain in Play Until Destroyed
  • Uses: Variable; See Summons List
  • Notes: Summoned creatures can take advantage of Persistent and Situational Advantages to increase their damage output.  They are spawned within 5 meters of Camelia in any direction.  Restocking this ability restocks all constituent summons.

Magic of Unmaking

• Type Insta-strike/Prepped Attack
  • Range: Long Range/Close Range
  • Description: An agonizing beam rakes a target.  The sickly green beam rakes across matter, opening wounds and degrading the integrity of items in its path.  Though it deals only 1 damage point against pristine targets, its damage scales with the amount of damage the target has incurred up to a max of 4 innate damage points when the target has three hit points remaining (it increases about 1 point for every 4 hit points the target loses).
  • Innate DP: 1-4 Points
  • Turn Duration: 1.5 Rounds (Can Start in One Round and End at the Beginning of the Subsequent Round)
  • Uses: Scales with Attack Power
    • Unlimited at 1 DP
    • 2 Uses at 2 DP
    • 1 Uses at 3 DP
    • 1 Use at 4 DP
  • Notes: Beam can rake target and surroundings.  Beam applies one Mark of Decay to each item raked.

Accursed Kitten

• Type: Prepped Transformation
  • Range: Personal
  • Description: Camelia expends seven preps/stolen attributes to transform into a weretiger.
    • As a weretiger, Camelia gains buffs and persistent bonuses to physical power and speed related actions.  Her physical attacks have a chance to knock over opponents and pin opponents to the ground.  Grounded opponents are mauled when they are attacked, dealing additional Situational Damage.
      • Base Quickdraw Damage Dramatically Increases (From 0.5 DP to 3 DP (2 Point Buff from Expending 4 Preps/Stolen Attributes))
      • Maul (Physical Quickdraw Upon Grounded Targets) Yields 3.6 DP (3 Points Base Quickdraw Damage Plus 3 Stacks of Situational Advantage (0.6 DP))
      • Transformation Sustained by Expending Marks of Decay or Preps (2 Points Per Round)
      • Attacks May Knock Down Characters and Destroy Features of the Terrain
      • Regenerates Missing Limbs and Closes Wounds Upon Transformation
      • Cannot be Slain Without Silver in this State
  • Turn Duration: 2 Rounds; Duration Extended by Expending Marks of Decay/Preps
  • Uses: 1 Use
  • Notes: When Cammy transforms into a weretiger, roll a D100.  Failure to roll an eleven or higher will result in Cammy being overwhelmed by the beast.  Add one to this quantity for each health point Cammy is missing.

Something that strikes me as odd about the T1 Evolution system is that a character can only cast a 4 innate DP ability once but an attack with 1 DP and 3 PDP (inflicting 7 DP over three turns) can be cast an unlimited number of times.

I think the optimal setup, if characters were only attacking once per turn and only basic-type attacks were allowed, for an all-out offense would be:

1. 2 Innate DP, 2 PDP Attack; 1 Prep Stored for Attack (2 Damage Inflicted)
  2. 2 Innate DP, 2 PDP Attack + 1 DP from Prep: 1 Prep Stored for Attack (5 Damage Inflicted)
  3. 4 Innate DP Attack + 1 DP from Prep: 1 Prep Stored for Buff (9 Damage Inflicted)

Bam!  If the opponent didn't dodge/heal/have a weird ability set, they'd have been eliminated after taking 16 DP in 3 turns.  I'm interested in seeing what works best in a more complicated scenario with multiple attacks per turn.

Edited by The Alexandrian

2 minutes ago, The Alexandrian said:

Something that strikes me as odd about the T1 Evolution system is that a character can only cast a 4 innate DP ability once but an attack with 1 DP and 3 PDP (inflicting 7 DP over three turns) can be cast an unlimited number of times.

I think the optimal setup, if characters were only attacking once per turn and only basic-type attacks were allowed, for an all-out offense would be:

1. 2 Innate DP, 2 PDP Attack; 1 Prep Stored for Attack (2 Damage Inflicted)
  2. 2 Innate DP, 2 PDP Attack + 1 DP from Prep: 1 Prep Stored for Attack (5 Damage Inflicted)
  3. 4 Innate DP Attack + 1 DP from Prep: 1 Prep Stored for Buff (9 Damage Inflicted)

Bam!  If the opponent didn't dodge/heal/have a weird ability set, they'd have been eliminated after taking 16 DP in 3 turns.

You're assuming that the attacks land properly. If all my attacks land like I want, I could theoretically kill you with a quickdraw. The idea of T1e is low HP and high potential damage output for quicker paced matches. 

1 DP -> 3 PDP attacks have a higher usage rate because they're harder to actually land. You have to be clever. You're 1 DP fireball is gonna be easily diverted by my quickdraw or insta-strike shield if it's head on. And since I like seeing clever mechanics being used, landing the weak attack is rewarded. 

But you're correct in a potential misuse. If I see that it's abused when played out, I'll definitely cap it. But I'm fairly sure it'll balance out quite nicely when in-play if we consider that your attack is not a guaranteed hit.

1 hour ago, The Alexandrian said:

Dude! Shhhhh! That's my whole schtick, man! Stop being such a narc, it's harshing my groove!

I hope we have someone just nerdy enough to track the stats throughout the tournament life cycle for data mining so I can satisfy my curiosity but not do the work 

Really hope that 

I'd figure it'd be the other way around.  From what I've seen, characters prioritize dodging/blocking high damage attacks in normal rp.  I don't imagine anyone will have their character camp in a corner and Hadouken spam or anything, but I think, without limiting the number of actions a character can take in one round, there will be built-in combos on many characters where the first move clobbers defense and staggers and one of the intermediate moves deals PDP while the opponent's guard is broken.  That isn't really an issue; I simply find it odd and am curious as to how it will all pan out.

I'm also still questioning the balance of the character I entered.  Even at this juncture, her set of abilities is very strange.

On a less serious note, abusing PDP in a nutshell:

Spoiler