Thotification

Holly and her Sheathes

The black-haired woman trudged along the worn path to Corinth. Despite all the dust, the found the journey a blessing. Gone were the days she would have to fight her way through multitudes of gangsters and trash criminals. The bounty on her head was rather alluring especially to the poor and needy. Perhaps the symbol she wore on her coat made her a target to those in the criminal world. Not that it bothered her in the past, but a full day of no one having to die was a new experience for this woman. Quite relaxing actually.

The passing wind blasted another wave of dust upon her figure. For a moment where she felt she would die of suffocation and then her turmoil had ended. Opening her previously shut eyes, she could finally see her destination, an old farmhouse, one she recalled from her childhood memories. She had been there once or twice when her mother had brought her there. The black-haired woman winced at that memory. She remembered how the people in that farm treated her mother poorly, calling her mother names like "slut" and "whore." She was a child at that time but now that she's older, she only understood the implications of that event. Her mother just stood before those people, head hanging low in shame while the younger version of her tried to wrapped her innocent mind on why her mother's clasp on her tiny hand keeps getting tighter with each passing moment. These were memories of her past and ever since Tormo was destroyed, so too did she bury all her past life on that night of terror.

And yet she persevered in hopes of finding some semblance of a family within her relatives. Relatives she barely knew and preferred to not deal with. Who knew that her mother's family was once a vassal to the noble house of the Hildebrand's? This was why Holly was on this very road. Yes, soon she will find a family of her own.

Edited by Thotification

Meanwhile in the Sheathe-y Farms....

"Sooooo....what are we doing again?" Folio Sheathe asked for the umpteenth time. Once more the Sheathes are out on the fields toiling as they had always done since the time of their ancestors. It was a daily ritual that has been passed down the family line for generations. Once can say the Sheathes are elites and veterans when it came to farming. The only problem with them was their rigid stand on preserving the traditional methods of farming. Which is why the whole family is kind of split between the aging patriarch Folio Sheathe and his son, Piezo Sheathe. The father wanted to stick to the conventional and aged methods while Piezo was more adventurous, with plans on modernization. Nothing new here actually. The father and son are always arguing about something.

Piezo looked back to his father while wiping the beads of sweat that pooled on his face. "Once again pops, we need to venture outside our farms!" There was intensity in his voice, like he was so tired from making the same point over and over again. Will his father ever concede to his opinions?

"No, Piezo," Folio started. "We stick to your grandfather- my father's arts. Which were passed down from one generation of Sheathe to another! Do you not honor your ancestors?"

"I honor them, Pops. But you have to see the bigger picture! Even the other farming houses are slwoly incorporating modern techniques!"

"Piezo, my son. Nuuuuuuu."

"Goddamnit pops! Our methods are old as fuck!'

"Piezo! Piezo! Calm down, son. Please calm down."

"Yes. Yes, pops. I am calm."

"You sure"

"Yes."

"Okay"

"Okay"

"Piezo?"

"Yes, pops"

"My answer is still no. Like a big nooooooope."

"Goddamnit!"

Edited by Thotification

As both parent and child bickered, Holly was nearing the fields of Sheathes. She was undaunted. She knew there are other factors for her sudden return home, mostly under the insistence of the woman named Linda Linda. In fact, Holly can clearly remember how their conversation went-

Days before Holly underwent the whole travel thing, she was approached by a rather shady figure. It was another woman in a dark dress, under the covers of a heavy cloak which looked more black than blue. Her clothes were a stark contrast to her fair skin and that excessively silver hair. Every step the woman took exuded confidence and possibly a hint of arrogance and self-indulgence. Holly gasped as she realize who her visitor was. 

"You should have been dead!" Holly exclaimed, her face flickering from pure terror to disbelief.

"Well hello there, darling. Pleasure seeing you here." the woman replied with a coy smile on her face.

Holly stepped backward and almost stumbled trying to back away from the apparition that seemed to haunt her. 'Begone foul demon! The Mistress is dead and I don't want nothing to do with her or the cartel."

The apparition snickered in response to Holly's silly antics. "My dear sweet Holly. You were always one of my favorites. Did you think I would spare you from the plundering of Tormo out of pity? You were my pawn. Always was. Always will be."

That night, Holly screamed like a little girl, one that had seen the horror that lived inside her closet or under her bed. No this cannot be happening.

Edited by Thotification

Meanwhile in Sheathey Farms

"Huh? We have a visitor?" Folio queried as he looked past his son. After the earlier argument, their bickering has now devolved to a full on grappling fight ant the two grown-ass men have both their hands clasped against each other, matching grips and forcing the other to concede through sheer grip strength. Piezo might be the stronger now because of his youth but Folio has experience and he knows enough tricks to level the playing field. Because of their stupid contest of strength, Folio only noticed the approaching woman.

"What visitor?" Piezo replied without letting up in his grip.

Folio grimace. 'Wait...wait. Leggo, son. Leggo. I swer if you don't let up I will belt you later."

Piezo gradually eased his grip. "I'm an adult, pops. Only children gets the belt,"

Relief flooded through Folio's face as he felt his son gave way to his request. "Not really. You're mother loved the belt."

"Goddammit, pops!" Piezo cried while his face started to turn green from nausea.

Folio ignored his troubled son, his eyes staring longingly at the approaching figure. "By the gods. Is that Emma?"

"Emma?" Confusion set within Piezo. "Emma Sheathe? My aunt Emma?"

"Fool!" Folio hissed. "Your aunt Emma is no Sheathe. I disowned her the moment she left the family for an outsider."

"But pops-"

"No buts, Piezo. Emma is not a Sheathe and have nothing to do with us. Man up son and we shall reject my sister Emma from approaching any further."

Edited by Thotification

HOLLY SHEATHE

Holly shuddered at that memory. Who knew that the Mistress faked her death just to escape her crimes. Holly was suspicious but she had seen the body and through the cartel network she and the other had deemed it to be the Mistress' own. They even ran tests. Her steps paused as she gathered her thoughts, what was the Mistress plan anyway? Surely it wasn't another troll event? Gods, Holly had enough of those already. Looking back, their conversation was rather cryptic as well.

The apparition waited for Holly's scream to die down, arms crossed and an amused smirk sprinkled on her lips. The supposedly dead woman was the Mistress or what was left of her. Holly was terrified of the woman's sudden reappearance and even more terrified that the Mistress can still track her. What will Holly do now?

"Mi-mistress,' Holly stammered. "The cartel is disbanded. You have no power over me."

Her faint resistance was met with the same childish chuckled the Mistress always gave. "Now, now Holly. No need to be frightened. I died that night. As the Mistress. and that name will never resurface again. My name is Linda now. Linda Linda."

"Linda...Linda?" What a queer name. Somehow a new notion struck Holly. Is this Linda Linda person not gonna control her? Bend her to Linda's will? "Then why are you here?"

"Holly darling. You have grown strong enough to make a name for yourself. You are no longer my pawn, dear. Now you're a partner."

"A partner?" Holly's eyes sparkled at that though. "Partner for what"

"Oh because I'm going legitimate now. I'm making a clean slate and you, my darling will be my voice in Ursa Madeum."

"But the House of Sheathe will never accept a bastard like me!" Holly protested.

"We are both bastards Holly and I did not train you to be a yellow-bellied coward. You are once my agent and will always be a superior being to the mundane. Lift your head high, my little bird. You're time has come."

Edited by Thotification

HOLLY SHEATHE

As she neared the Sheathy fields, Holly can't help but feel nervous. How will her family receive her? Would they be glad she returned home? Or be sad for the suffering Holly had gone through? Whatever happens, Holly is willing to show some shread of humility to her relatives. She hoped they won't be too nosy. Gods how will Holly explain what she did these past few months? 

She was afraid, terrified even. Scared that her long lost relatives would treat her harshly for what she had been, for what she has done. Holly was no saint, but she very well may be a goddamned sinner. Ever since she was saved from the flames Tormo, Holly was forced to served her oppressors and even developed affection for them. Life with the cartel was hard and dangerous. Everyday she had to fight to survive. But then it's not much different from her life in Tormo. When her mother was alive, she worked on the fields. When her mommy died, the loan sharks came and took everything they own. With nothing left to her name, Holly was forced to sell herself. It was awful work and a past she never wanted to remember.

Perhaps the raid of Tormo was a blessing in disguise as the flames of that night burned away Holly's past and from the ashes came that young man, that youth that saved her from that despicable way of life. Turns out it the boy too waa struggling against his own fate from the monster of a mother he can never escape. Holly missed that boy and hated the woman that replaced him. That drag queen owed Holly a debt and one say she will make that drag queen pay for his mother's crimes.

Middy. That boy's name was Middy Ochre. Or publicly known as the Mistress Blackhead.

Edited by Thotification

Sheathey Family....

"She looked like Emma but younger," Folio mused while rubbing his chin. The woman was very peculiar even to a dim-witted man like him. He knew his sister and there's no way Emma would look young now. Why, Folio is nearing his fifties and Emma was the older sister. Is Emma similar to those unaging monsters? The one that has queer fangs and is good at sucking? And also sparkles?

But Folio remembered Emma. He was fond of his elder sister. The older sister that always let him play instead of helping in the farm when his father was not looking. The older sister that always took most of his farm work because Folio was just a child and he should be playing instead. The older sister who always fought his nearby bullies from the nearby town. The older sister who would cry herself to sleep everynight knowing she'll be sent away for marriage as soon as she turned legal. 

Folio missed his elder sister dearly. Especially after that fateful day happened. The day her sister has her first period and in fear of marrying a man she did not love, her sister left the farm never to return again. Since that day his father denounced Emma's surname and so Folio was now the heir apparent of their common house.

Edited by Thotification

PIEZO SHEATHE

Piezo's eyes shifted from his pops to the strange visitor. He can sense the intense longing his father has for the stranger but Piezo was still suspicious of her. The last time he saw his aunt Emma was when she stopped by the fields that fateful, day carrying a baby girl...

One autumn afternoon as the local workers are nearing the end of their daily dose of manual labor, the young Piezo was startled to find a young woman carrying a ragtag sack. He was yet in his teens but his body was ripped from all that manual labor he was forced to endure, and yet the woman was unfazed by the blatant display of his physical 'produce'. Piezo was not that uneducated when it comes to women and with his youthful vision, he can easily determine that this strange visitor was in her late thirties. Who was she and what does she want?

"Is this the Sheathey Farms?" she asked. 

Piezo nodded. "And you are?"

"A visitor. Is old man Folken still around?"

"Yes. He's my grandfather."

The woman's eyes sparkled in amusement. "I see."

"Do you need something else" Piezo inquired, barely concealing the confusion in his voice. 

"No. But its nice meeting you young man."

After that fateful day, Piezo would once again see the woman and would learn she was his aunt. And by that time, she brought the little girl that was Piezo's cousin.

Edited by Thotification

HOLINESS "HOLY" SHEATHE

Memories flooded Holly as she realized who was waiting for her. The older man was probably her uncle, Folio. The younger man should be Folio's son, Piezo. Piezo should be Holly's cousin. The last time she saw was when her mommy Emma brought her to this very farm she was but a wee child. Back then she had no inkling of who the hell are these people talking to her but now she understood. They were her family.

Holly wished her mother Emma Sheathe was here. She had suspicions on why her mother left the farm but she still needed to head the farmland's story to make a possible conclusion. Her time with the Black Spear Cartel has taught her many things and one of them was not jumping to conclusions. Still, she needed to prove his identity to her uncle Folio and her cousin Piezo. She was a wee little child back then but still she remembered. She'll never forget the warmth she felt from his uncle's embrace or his cousin's. All that loving memory was overwhelmed by the nightmare that was her grandfather.

She can sense the tension within those two individuals as she got closer. A few more steps and she'd be within talking distance. She slowed her approach then, allowing both parties to regard one another. What should she say to her uncle then? Or her cousin? WIll they remember her now that she's all grown-up and way different than the mewling babe that once visited the farm from days past? Whatever happens next, Holly prayed to the unseen gods that all will be well,

"Um..:Hello. I'm Holly Sheathe" Holly started bashfully, "Are you my uncle?"

Edited by Thotification

"Um, Hello. I'm Holly Sheathe. Are you my uncle?"

Uncle? Folio cocked his head in confusion. The woman clearly looked like Emma and yet called him her uncle? They had the same hair, the same face, the same build except this one is younger. Is she really his sister Emma? 

He frowned then, unable to comprehend the situation before him. Did Emma age backward? But...but that's not possible! The Sheathes had no sorcery in their bloodline! Well except for his great-grandma who was a hedgewitch and the townsfolk did burn her at the stake for allegations of witchcraft. Come to think of it, his granda never did see the witchy great-grandma do anything hodgepodge or mystical or magical. In a sense, she was probably just a lowly quack doctor. Still, the same holds true. The Sheathes have no magic. As the vassal of the Hildebrand's, it is their duty to uphold the Hildebrand's no magic rule.

But what will Folio do when faced with this evidence? This..this sorcery. This- wait. Did she say, Holly? Realization flashed through Folio's mind. Yes, it is not a younger Emma but mostly a relative or hers or probably a child. Emma had a child? And Holly was her name?

"Holly?" Folio asked, "Emma's daughter?"

Edited by Thotification

INTERMISSION:

And so uncle and niece finally meet again with the uncle's son struck in confusion. Then the uncles scoops his niece in one long longing embrace, eyes streaming from his face. Understanding flickered within the uncle's son and he too revels in the return of this prodigal child.  What does this sudden reunion entail? What changes are to come to this little farming family? What will unfold next?

Time passes on and now the trio is back at the Sheathe's humble abode. It was a cold place, one that longed for the presence of a woman. The uncle's wife had long passed away from an unknown and incurable disease leaving the child to him. Yet the man strove to bring up his child and the last remaining memory of his wife. But now came a new female into their woman-deprived abode, bringing stories of her past much to the listener's dismay. Tales of her young life as a destitute child. Her upbringing of selling her self to the pleasures of strangers. Her addiction to drugs. The destruction of her life, of that city. How she was saved by a drag queen. How she became a part of a cartel. How she learned to live in the criminal world. How she became a terrorist.

Was the niece too hasty in telling her story? There were secrets there that would easily put his uncle and cousin in danger? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Edited by Thotification

After dinner time with the Sheathes

Once past the awkward introductions and even more awkward discussion on where to let Holly sleep, the Sheathey family can be seen enjoying their supper. At first, it was silent with Holly awkwardly watching the other two eat with their hands. Her eyes flitted left and right in search of the much-needed utensils but alas there was nowhere to be found. She did, however, wash her hands rather thoroughly but no way in hell did she ever deduce that her family would be reduced to this. Perhaps this must be due to all that living in the urban city where it was more civilized and had motherfucking utensils. Goddammit.

Done with her internal arguments and oddly enough, monologuing, Holly sighs and digs into the meal his dear uncle prepared for his lovely niece. To hell with utensils, she'd be damned if she did not enjoy this meal. After all, she is just the visitor here. They may share the same blood but they literally knew nothing about each other. She now must endure this living hell-

Holly paused form her internal rambling. Oddly enough, the meal was not so bad after all. In fact, it's actually pretty good. Quite peculiar. But before Holly could even ask, she was already done with her meal and the old man was already explaining.

"You see Holly. Your grandfather was always insistent that all Sheathes learn to cook. Not just cook but cook well. "

Edited by Thotification

After Dinner time - Sheathy Abode

It was well past dinner and after the hustle and bustle of cleaning up, the Sheathes are now well situated within the living room/study/the other side of the dining room. Well, whatever it was called, it's a just the area in front of the fireplace past the table where the Sheathey people eat their meals. It's a very shitty house. It was bad enough that it made Holly sigh. It seems all her family had was just land. All land and a multitude of relatives. What is she to do with all of them?

Well, enough of the complains what Holly needs right now is some closure with her past and a beginning with her blood relatives. It seems it would be time for stories.

"Uncle Folio, Piezo. Listen to my story," Holly started. Her audience, her mother's brother, a man named Folio and his son, a man named Piezo, all looked at her with amusement all over their places. These people are simple folk and the thought of hearing a good story was enough to keep them excited. Even Holly thinks her family must be poorly uneducated. Are the Hildebrands not treating their farmers well? Or perhaps all their farmers really need is learning how a farm works and the ability to produce offsprings which in turn give one, more hands to help in the said farm. Perhaps that would be it.

Edited by Thotification

HOLINESS "HOLLY" SHEATHE

" Well," Holly continued, "I'll go back as far as I can tell. It started with my mother. Or what I recalled of the stuff she told me. Back then she told me that she was supposed to marry a farm boy from the nearby town. I forgot the name of the man actually. However, my mother Emma was too scared to get married to a man that was twice her age. I believe she was around fifteen that time. There was a heated argument between her and grandfather. Emma said some bad things and so did grandfather and the two never got better after that fight. So when nightfall came, Emma took whatever clothes she could carry and went off into the night. Never to return again. Well until she gave birth to me and brought me to visit the old farmhouse but that is for later."

"After a rather eventful journey, mother finally landed in a neat little place called Tormo. Funny enough, she worked as a farm hand there as well. That was until she met my father. They had a happy life and then they had me. Would have been a nice end of the story but the sad part was the farm was not doing so well. Father tried everything but his efforts were gone to waste when he got shanked in the local tavern one night and so the farm is gone too."

"I think that was why mother returned to the Sheathey farms but grandfather was still anger so mother had to go back to Tormo again. I need a drink."

Edited by Thotification

HOLINESS "HOLLY" SHEATHE

So Holly did drink after a thorough search of the house for that cask of alcohol. How she managed to glug one whole mug was enough to startle the two men. What had she been doing with her life? Drinking contests?

Ignoring the men' questioning stares, Holly picked up from where she left off. "Where were we again? Oh yeah. So my father kinda died and the loansharks kind of took our land from mom. And stuff happened and she's gone back to Tormo and try to raise me and give me a normal childhood. Which she did as a servant of sorts. Sometimes as a tavern wench. Mother did a lot of odd jobs just to sustain me and sustain she did. Well until she died of overwork coupled with complications from poor working conditions. Well, you know the drill. That was the start of my life spiraling down."

"Imagine that. I was a young girl, just past her teens with nothing on me but the clothes on my back. I don't even have a house as once again the loan sharks took it. So I was left living on the streets. Much dark stuff happened in those alleys. I learned to steal, to beat other people, to get beaten, to run away from the local police force. It was much later when a kind lady took me in, gave me food, a bath and a place to stay. I had no idea it was a brothel and she spiked my food with some kind of drug. After that, I had clients and stuff while the kind old lady chained me to the job by getting me addicted to the drug. Gods. I hate that story."

Edited by Thotification