danzilla3

Headhunting (Wild Hearts)

No city in the whole of Ursa Madeum represented the renewed growth ushered in by the reign of Emperor Titus than the capital city itself, Andelusia. John supposed it only made sense that any rot should be purged from the heart of a nation; a bastion from which to usher in a new reign of prosperity. While under the rule of the Tyrant King, the city had descended into squalor, except for the very small portion that the man would have to look out his window and see. Now, the streets were pristine, and the buildings had begun to regain their previous splendor. New shops were opening up by the day, such as the coffee shop he now sat in with one of his newest employees, Oxidus Zurrok. After paying for their drinks, he began to fill the Troubleshooter in on why they were there.

"So you know of course that the Wild Hearts were founded in Taen. You may not know that we also like to expand with the Veluriyam Empire, and one of our newest markets is right here in Ursa Madeum."

John took a sip of his coffee before continuing, "For a while we were unopposed, but now some new players are after our market share. They call themselves Feel Good Inc. led by a man who calls himself, and I am completely serious, Dr. Happy. The good doctors actual name is Dr. Vincent Prospero, a famed chemist from Terrenus proper. His product is admittedly quite good, and if we don't act quickly, we may have a real problem here."

Draining his cup, he leaned forward, "That's where you come in. Me and you are going to convince Dr. Prospero to partner with us. If he resists, I will have you persuade him to do otherwise. Understand?"

@Laughingmad

Oxidus nodded in response to John. "Dr. Happy... that's an interesting choice for an alias. Well, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to make him understand why working with us is his only option. If talking doesn't work, I have a few alternative methods in mind that should prove to be rather effective." Oxidus downed his coffee in one gulp. Not the best thing he'd ever tasted, but it suited him far better than alcohol of any kind. "So, where exactly is this Dr Happy? I imagine he won't just be hiding in plain sight."

"You are partially correct," John replied, "He snapped up a decrepit piece of waterfront real estate on the docks, cleaned it up, and made it look like a legitimate shipping business. Perfect for somebody importing and exporting drugs. Follow me."

A quick walk through the streets later, the duo found themselves standing across the street from a building with a colorful sign declaring it as, "Worry Free Shipping." There was a chain link fence surrounded the front, with a gate the only means of ingress. Manning the gate was a bored looking guard sitting in a booth, seemingly dead to the world. John looked at Oxidus, and smiled.

"Security seems pretty loose huh? I bet you could just stroll right in."

Yeah, I bet..." Oxidus walked up to the guard, looking him over and waving a hand in his face. When he got no reaction, he shrugged and approached the gate. He got firm grip of it and pulled back sharply, easily ripping it and part of the fence away, and tossed it aside. "I doubt they'll miss that very much." He walked through the newly made opening. "Okay, that was too easy. Surely he's set some kind of trap in case someone comes in uninvited." Oxidus looked over the entire area, trying to spot anything that looked strange or out of place.

John watched Oxidus work and upon seeing him rip the gate off its hinges, he silently began to count in his head; getting to thirty seconds before determining no one was coming. Once this was clear, he walked over to join his employee, but stopped when he took another look at the guard in the booth. He walked over to get a better look, and on a hunch, took the guards pulse, finding it to be gone, and the mans skin cool and slightly clammy. A quick search of the booth revealed a spilled cup of coffee that he picked up and put to his nose. Through the strong scent of the coffee he also smelled something familiar; the metallic tang of a poison.

"Interesting." 

The crime lord walked over to the main building and forced the front door open; only to be welcomed by the sight of dead bodies, and the smell of the same poison he'd detected back at the security gate. Looking around, he saw a number of the same coffee cups around, leaving no doubt in his mind what happened. When Oxidus walked in, he would turn to him and speak.

"Search the place. If the Doctor is here, I want to know about it."