Sign in to follow this  
supernal

Tell me about your most exciting or fun roleplay

Hmmmm I'd say for me, three come to mind as being the most fun roleplays.

1. I'd say the first board event I ever held, where people came together to kill a powerful Hydra, was my favorite. Idk, was just a lot of fun lol

2. My ongoing thread in Casper where it's a narrative, predetermined fight between Lilith & Ankou against Saron & Zeph. Saron (mags) has vanished so that's a bit of a downer but we'll pull through.

3. The military thread that you GMd a few months ago. That was a blast.

59 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Hmmmm I'd say for me, three come to mind as being the most fun roleplays.

1. I'd say the first board event I ever held, where people came together to kill a powerful Hydra, was my favorite. Idk, was just a lot of fun lol

2. My ongoing thread in Casper where it's a narrative, predetermined fight between Lilith & Ankou against Saron & Zeph. Saron (mags) has vanished so that's a bit of a downer but we'll pull through.

3. The military thread that you GMd a few months ago. That was a blast.

My memory fails on that third one. Can you remind me what it was about or what we did? 

15 minutes ago, supernal said:

My memory fails on that third one. Can you remind me what it was about or what we did? 

Was the one where we were guarding medical supplies going to Palgard, shipment gets robbed, we follow and chase them through stores, spiraling towers, etc. Some store owner ended up escaping down a trap door. 

Funnily, the one that I'm really enjoying right now is the no-rule Alternative thread I started. I feel like having "no rules" makes the players less cautious about stepping on anyone's toes (in a good way), so everyone is advancing the story in significant and unexpected ways, instead of having a GM in charge of most of the story and the others just impacting minimally on the main storyline.

On the other end, I also enjoy Abbadon threads, which usually require some planning beforehand. I'm emotionally invested in the stories of characters of Abbadon because of the bonds built between characters and players.

Gosh there are so many... I have had exciting and fun roleplays both here and elsewhere... Man, I'm getting emotional, because I'm getting reminded of what made me come back to Velcro again. So here are three across the world:

I once did a group roleplay fanfic on Final Fantasy 7. I played Barrett, and loved it. We started from the game's beginning where they hop off the train. We tried to do most of it scene for scene, dialogue for dialogue, adding our own of course as we ventured beyond the game. I think that we drifted off from when Cloud meets Aeris and can buy a flower from her. I revived it with someone else and played a Shinra commander. Overall, one of the most memorable roleplay experiences of my life, and personally notable in that it was a 'fanfic roleplay' (not as common as general roleplay) that was in turn based on one of my most exciting and fun video games of all time.

I spent some time roleplaying in the Star Wars universe. Lots of good memories. One roleplay that stuck with me is when my Mandalorian mercenary was chilling in a night club on Nar Shaddaa, waiting on an appointment with its Hutt owner. The setting devolved into a frenzy as some rper's Jedi jumped in to kill the Hutt NPC I controlled. My Mando went around smacking faces to head upstairs and investigate the commotion, while the Jedi slashed left and right and carved a path toward my Hutt. The Hutt boosted her throne up through the opened ceiling and escaped. The core of this memory for me though is how I felt in this thrilling episode, because it made me realize how much fun there was to be had in Star Wars.

And to name just one more of many, right here on Valucre, one of my first roleplays on the site was with Off Topic. I guess that gentleman is no longer here (unless he pulls a Die Shize and returns out of the blue), but boy did he make me laugh and clap my hands. I was playing this not-quite-a-vampire-but-more-an-abomination of a character named Averitt, and I was in a thread by someone else who was hosting serial killer Q&A in a freak circus or something. Anyway, OT's character comes in and somehow drugs my character's jar of peanut butter, if I remember. Then we're in a new thread where my char is hallucinating like you wouldn't believe, all thanks to OT's excellent eccentricities. We were going to do this whole plot stream about it, but alas it never happened. Still, it's listed here for a reason.

Edited by Die Shize

On 1/11/2019 at 3:49 PM, jaistlyn said:

Funnily, the one that I'm really enjoying right now is the no-rule Alternative thread I started. I feel like having "no rules" makes the players less cautious about stepping on anyone's toes (in a good way), so everyone is advancing the story in significant and unexpected ways, instead of having a GM in charge of most of the story and the others just impacting minimally on the main storyline.

On the other end, I also enjoy Abbadon threads, which usually require some planning beforehand. I'm emotionally invested in the stories of characters of Abbadon because of the bonds built between characters and players.

This concept of no single person being in charge of the storyline is actually the way I personally envision most of collaborative roleplay with GM les stuff a minority but I know that’s now how it always pans out. It's why we have that etiquette thing about always making an impact on or progressing the story, because many people (not just here, but across most of my experiences on different sites/mediums of roleplay) will simply react to what's going on rather than push it forward. It's def. something I think needs to catch on! Some way to prompt users into this thinking as the default mode would make all of the roleplays more engaging, imo, because you're literally more engaged/involved/invested 

Edited by supernal

Current one is Satisfying Curiosities because despite pretty much being a conversation between two women it's so i n t e n s e (in a great way)

The Brittle King's tragedy comes close because I love the system @Jotnotes is using and it refreshing having a non-Veluriyam thread