Jump to content
TheEyeOfNight

Recruiting: Raid on the Iron Queen

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Darling König said:

Was Reinhardt over the top? I don't think he was too over the top. I felt like he could've been more extravagant. 

I don’t think he is too over the top, and if your concern is based on my last IC post at least in part, rest assured that’s all Tara, not me lol. She’s lightheartedly critical of others so I narrate her that way since I narrate from my character’s point of view instead of my own (a method that can easily muddy the waters of roleplay I admit).

Right now, Tara sees your character as more eccentric than you may be making him out to be, I think. He hopped on and off a roof, but I’m sure he’s not the only dhampir to do so. Still, that was random at least to her lol, in a cool way. Otherwise, his bomb, his gun, his talk of mayhem and undergarments struck some curiosities for Tara but I purposely exaggerated your own exaggerations, if that makes sense, because that’s what Tara would do. The ‘German’ was fine (it’s an equivalent language around Val in more than one place) but not a language that Tara herself understands (less than I do IRL). So she poked at that too.

The only real anomaly I found in your post is referencing Paris, but even then that might be normal if your character is from earth. There’s no France/Paris in Valucre that I know of though, so naturally Tara’s hearing “Parisian” is a word whose meaning she is clueless of. If Paris doesn’t exist, “Parisian” probably doesn’t exist. It’s a device that roleplayers can be liberal about, and why not honestly? If a city in Val has Victorian architecture, we call it Victorian architecture, even though Victoria is from earth. But maybe Val had its own Victoria. Still, I pick at this device when I feel it appropriate for my characters lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

I don’t think he is too over the top, and if your concern is based on my last IC post at least in part, rest assured that’s all Tara, not me lol. She’s lightheartedly critical of others so I narrate her that way since I narrate from my character’s point of view instead of my own (a method that can easily muddy the waters of roleplay I admit).

Right now, Tara sees your character as more eccentric than you may be making him out to be, I think. He hopped on and off a roof, but I’m sure he’s not the only dhampir to do so. Still, that was random at least to her lol, in a cool way. Otherwise, his bomb, his gun, his talk of mayhem and undergarments struck some curiosities for Tara but I purposely exaggerated your own exaggerations, if that makes sense, because that’s what Tara would do. The ‘German’ was fine (it’s an equivalent language around Val in more than one place) but not a language that Tara herself understands (less than I do IRL). So she poked at that too.

The only real anomaly I found in your post is referencing Paris, but even then that might be normal if your character is from earth. There’s no France/Paris in Valucre that I know of though, so naturally Tara’s hearing “Parisian” is a word whose meaning she is clueless of. If Paris doesn’t exist, “Parisian” probably doesn’t exist. It’s a device that roleplayers can be liberal about, and why not honestly? If a city in Val has Victorian architecture, we call it Victorian architecture, even though Victoria is from earth. But maybe Val had its own Victoria. Still, I pick at this device when I feel it appropriate for my characters lol

Oh I know, I fear my facetious commentary was misconstrued as concern.I have a sneaking feeling  Reinhardt is painfully aware he isn't in Kansas anymore. Though he doesn't seem to mind. He's just a bit nonchalant in the fact he's an Alien in an Alien realm. He just tends to do as he does for the hell of it.  Though he might have to carve out a City for himself and Call it Paris someday.

 

Fun fact, Reinhardt is actually from Earth, Ran a Small Township out in France. But his family is originally German. 

Edited by Darling König

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darling König said:

Oh I know, I fear my facetious commentary was misconstrued as concern.I have a sneaking feeling  Reinhardt is painfully aware he isn't in Kansas anymore. Though he doesn't seem to mind. He's just a bit nonchalant in the fact he's an Alien in an Alien realm. He just tends to do as he does for the hell of it.  Though he might have to carve out a City for himself and Call it Paris someday.

 

Fun fact, Reinhardt is actually from Earth, Ran a Small Township out in France. But his family is originally German. 

Coming from someone who has long since picked up a habit of Playable Character POV, I've in turn learned to not find someone else's IC posts too concerning, unless there's something in there that really does seem to be out of context. Like if someone refers to my character's blue hair when I already posted pretty clearly that my character has red hair lol. On the other hand, if their character sees everything in blue, I wouldn't take issue. I mean, I have this dwarf character who is a misogynist pig and I narrate from his POV that women are always advancing toward him. I know OOC that my fellow rpers and their lady characters are doing no such thing, but Korvar is another story. So I don't say "Korvar thought Jane was getting dirty thoughts about his beard, even though Jane really wasn't" because that would defy Korvar's own illusions about Jane.

 

Also, your post that I've quoted here is something I could say about Certos LOL. Certos is also not from Valucre. He's his own alien in an alien realm. Except, he is painfully not aware of anything really lmao. I very deliberately write his narrative and his dialogue in ways that can be 'misconstrued' in the sense that he is a wacko whose every fiber of presence can be misconstrued. It's not a concern for me because it's all about balancing what can be misconstrued: is it something that jeopardizes the roleplayer's own posts, or something that is ultimately harmless? As in, does my post confuse a roleplayer and their character into wondering why Certos is calling a stick a sword, after I describe its twigs and leaves, or is there real OOC confusion after I describe an actual stick as an actual sword?

 

Yeah, after reading your IC, I had indeed thought I successfully picked up on Reinhardt's being of earthen status lol

Edited by Die Shize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Die Shize said:

Also, your post that I've quoted here is something I could say about Certos LOL. Certos is also not from Valucre. He's his own alien in an alien realm. Except, he is painfully not aware of anything really lmao. I very deliberately write his narrative and his dialogue in ways that can be 'misconstrued' in the sense that he is a wacko whose every fiber of presence can be misconstrued. It's not a concern for me because it's all about balancing what can be misconstrued: is it something that jeopardizes the roleplayer's own posts, or something that is ultimately harmless? As in, does confuse a roleplayer and their character into wondering why Certos is calling a stick a sword, after I describe its twigs and leaves, or is there real OOC confusion after I describe an actual stick as an actual sword?

To be honest I was a bit inspired by the way you play Certos and took a couple cues from him and put into Reinhardt. It would be curious encounter should the Dashing, Daring, darling, Dhampir cross paths with the Generalissimo. I figured since he's from Earth and most of his bonds are from his time there he wouldn't just drop everything since he accidentally teleported himself into Valucre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darling König said:

To be honest I was a bit inspired by the way you play Certos and took a couple cues from him and put into Reinhardt. It would be curious encounter should the Dashing, Daring, darling, Dhampir cross paths with the Generalissimo. I figured since he's from Earth and most of his bonds are from his time there he wouldn't just drop everything since he accidentally teleported himself into Valucre. 

Thank you for such words, but believe me, Certos is one of those characters in my roster who, along with that dwarf I mentioned, I don't always necessarily like. Just like a novel's author might not like a horrible villain in their story, you know? Certos is usually painted as an over the top character with colorful nonsense slipping out all over, but there's an unrevealed darkness in his core that, as his owner, unsettles me.

 

I'll take you up on that offer any time, Capitan.

 

Fun fact, Certos is actually from Earth, Spain to be exact, but anything else would have to get revealed IC.

Edited by Die Shize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured he was from Spain or another Latin nation. Just his name and title made it clear to me his Earthen nature and now you have me intrigued to what this inner darkness Certos is hiding. And it's not like that Reinhardt's Origins is hidden. His Character Sheet actually labels him as a Germanic Frenchman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Darling König said:

I figured he was from Spain or another Latin nation. Just his name and title made it clear to me his Earthen nature and now you have me intrigued to what this inner darkness Certos is hiding. And it's not like that Reinhardt's Origins is hidden. His Character Sheet actually labels him as a Germanic Frenchman. 

I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever get far enough with Certos IC to reveal his origins, but he’s closely connected with another character of mine who prevents me from saying much. Suffice to say that Certos, while always a bit loopy, wasn’t always as crazy to the degree that he currently is. Unfortunately, that level of borderline insanity is also a wall of finding out much of anything IC about his past. He’s an ongoing enigma, but I do look forward to a Certos-Rienhardt roleplay!

 

Also, you may have already touched on this, but with Reinhardt going solo on the Red Venom, and if @TheEyeOfNight doesn’t have his own intentions/objections, I’d be willing to NPC some resistance on the Red Venom so that you’re not having to truly solo-post, which you might be totally onboard with anyway.

Just reflecting on how the rest of us will all be at the Iron Queen and you’ll be on your lonesome lol

 

 

EDIT: @Darling König Wait, I forgot, Reinhardt is rigging the explosives tonight IC, right? So he could join us tomorrow night at the Iron Queen?

Edited by Die Shize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

EDIT: @Darling König Wait, I forgot, Reinhardt is rigging the explosives tonight IC, right? So he could join us tomorrow night at the Iron Queen?

That would be quite accurate. Though he will have a bit of theatrics for the Red Venom the following evening. Never let it be said Reinhardt Relzion was a boring man. The Demise of the Venom could be the perfect signal for the ambush on the Iron Queen. The people offloading would be caught off guard. The Top Deck folk would be scrambling to figure what the heck happened to their escort, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Also, you may have already touched on this, but with Reinhardt going solo on the Red Venom, and if @TheEyeOfNight doesn’t have his own intentions/objections, I’d be willing to NPC some resistance on the Red Venom so that you’re not having to truly solo-post, which you might be totally onboard with anyway.

I don't mind at all. The Red Venom DLC was created to allow expanded multiplayer gameplay, so we're not all trying to log into the Iron Queen at once. Or more to the point, it's to open up more options for people to showcase things like reckless amounts of explosives. ?

I'll be providing NPC support to both the Queen and the Venom, but you are more than welcome to pick up with a few smugglers of your own to add to the chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheEyeOfNight said:

I don't mind at all. The Red Venom DLC was created to allow expanded multiplayer gameplay, so we're not all trying to log into the Iron Queen at once. Or more to the point, it's to open up more options for people to showcase things like reckless amounts of explosives. ?

In my defense..barring Roht we got the sneky snake skill tree covered. I felt the party needed some Spice to it. And when I say Spice I mean Gratuitous amounts of Explosions that would make our Founding Fathers Proud and light up the night Sky like July 4th in 'Murica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also @TheEyeOfNight, I don't know how you feel about Surprise Guests. Who might  do things and that could possibly offer new paths later on for the Silver harbor Storyline. They wouldn't be doing much. Like a Single Scene Cameo, Like Stan Lee. 

Edited by Darling König

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for @Die Shize

Does your character like mine?

Note for @AngryCacti Gachi likes your character.

Note for @Darling König Gachi is fucking terrified of vampires. I mean she'll be civil but she doesn't trust Reinhardt. 

I think that could be a fun plot point to exploit in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dizzy00 said:

Note for @Darling König Gachi is fucking terrified of vampires. I mean she'll be civil but she doesn't trust Reinhardt. 

I think that could be a fun plot point to exploit in the future.

Reinhardt isn't a Cruel man. Cynical but not mean. But I think I can use Gachi's fear somehow. It'll be a fun character mechanic to possibly exploit. Though He probably hasn't noticed either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darling König said:

Also @TheEyeOfNight, I don't know how you feel about Surprise Guests. Who might  do things and that could possibly offer new paths later on for the Silver harbor Storyline. They wouldn't be doing much. Like a Single Scene Cameo, Like Stan Lee. 

Don't mind at all. The only rule I go by is Be respectful of the story and the other writers.

And never grapple a dire bear. Long story. Not actually a long story. But the NDA is still in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheEyeOfNight said:

Don't mind at all. The only rule I go by is Be respectful of the story and the other writers.

And never grapple a dire bear. Long story. Not actually a long story. But the NDA is still in place.

Don't worry Chief. I'll cameo with Reinhardt. It's all part of my Plans Within Plans That Already Have a Plan Inside of That Plans Plan of Plans built on the Schemes I've made in the dark Corridors of a hidden base. With A lever to a Moat with Alligators that somehow my Henchmen always pulls whenever I'm next to them to slide into my Secret Laboratory. 

 

maxresdefault.jpglarge.jpg

Edited by Darling König

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...