Darling König

Justicar Redeemed: Emerald Butterfly Down

Captain's Log Day number 13:  It's been almost a fortnight since we've been grounded from our Assault against the Rattail Corsairs' home base. I can say with full confidence we gave the buggers a right royal thrashing and soundly destroyed their base of Operations. But it costed me something far more precious. I lost my entire command staff. The only ones left is Myself, Koltira and Amelia. But the Creator blessed the Justicar and we managed to safely land her in mostly one piece. And the Engineering teams are almost all accounted for. As to where we are exactly. Until we make sail and get Airworthy again I can't say for sure. Out of the forty flyers we only have a dozen left. The rest must have fallen out of the Flyer Holds. But on the upside we landed near a lake surrounded by a forest. so we have plenty of Wood to rebuild the frame of the Justicar. The Fresh water and bountiful natural plant life keeps alive and well fed. My Scouts have located a Cavern that may have the minerals we need to infuse the wood from the Forest so the Justicar's frame can withstand the strains of high Altitudes.

Now the bad news is that my men are beginning to fear the night like babes. Telling tales of monsters that snatch out guards when they're alone. While I consider their fears partially unfounded a couple of my crew have gone missing. But I suspect it's from them trying to make it out on their own and I can''t fault them to an extent. But alas I cannot afford to take the Marines or the Ground crew away from the Camp lest my assumptions are wrong and there is something in there hunting us. If we lose the Auxiliary crews then we might as well abandoned the Justicar now. Without them we'll never make her airworthy again. Given the Direness of my crew and ship. I worked with Koltira and Amelia to manufacture a Powerful enough Emergency Beacon spell that should hit most of the most magically attuned cities in the lands.

Though that was about four days ago and the three of us are barely fully recovered from the Strain of such a powerful incantation and nothing has come out of it. I fear it will just be the three of us recovering what materials we can from the cavern while the Camp continues to rebuilding the frame of the Justicar. 

End Captain's Log.

Richter slowly rose from the chair in his Quarters with a Long and deep sigh. Between a battle with a dragon, Teaching younger youths to take over the role of retired former crew members, and several under the table missions. his vessel and crew had seen much and done much in the Place he called home. Genesaris, a land he was raised even though he was not from this land. Now they were grounded and lost. Probably alone and being hunted by Creator knows what. Nevertheless Richter will not be shaken. As the Captain of the Justicar he had to remain stalwart and steady. his men was looking towards him for guidance and strength. Koltira and Amelia as well. And Creator take whatever is plaguing his crew. If he had to go out alone by himself to recover the Minerals in the caverns alone he will. He belted his Surrogate's Sabre and holstered his favorite magitech revolvers to his hips. He strode out onto the deck.

Out before him stretched a verdant vista, at times it was hard for him to differentiate the Emerald frame of his Airship from the treetops. But soon he looked down and saw his men hard at work in reframing the holes on the justicar. All his engineers needed were the minerals to make the wood like the rest of the ship. He hopped down to the deck below and nimbly leaped and bounded across the deck to the hanging ropes. He leaped off his ship and grabbed the rope swiftly descending down the ropes before landing with the slightest grunt. His Black and White Button down and vest combo sticking out like a sore thumb in the sea of green. he ran his free hand through his hair as he began his routine of inspecting their work and visiting the crew. If only someone would come and help him...he didn't want to lose anymore of his boys. Not here, not like this. There was no honor or glory in dying in the middle of nowhere....

@Die Shize

@Rin

@jaistlyn

Edited by Saerwen Talmiel

0316fb89acc07ba7d1389717703f1e43.jpgGenesaris was a foreign land to the young knight but she didn't care too much about it. Manah was here to help those that needed help. Besides her knight training and civil duties, she was a trained magic user. She would do anything to help save someone in their time of need.

And it was here that she was needed. And she had been on the ship for weeks. Traveling to the land of Genesaris itself. Now the crew was tired and weary. Afraid of the night. Though she had been keeping guard during the nights, keeping watch over the crew. 

Manah wouldn't let them fall. She had also been helping recover the ship and rebuild it. Hoping that her efforts would get the ship running again. She sighed softly as she leaned against a wall, exhausted. 

Silent, she let her eyes close a little. She wanted a little bit of rest before continuing on.

Edited by Rin

5 minutes ago, Rin said:

0316fb89acc07ba7d1389717703f1e43.jpgGenesaris was a foreign land to the young knight but she didn't care too much about it. Manah was here to help those that needed help. Besides her knight training and civil duties, she was a trained magic user. She would do anything to help save someone in their time of need.

And it was here that she was needed. And she had been on the ship for weeks. Traveling to the land of Genesaris itself. Now the crew was tired and weary. Afraid of the night. Though she had been keeping guard during the nights, keeping watch over the crew. 

Manah wouldn't let them fall. She had also been helping recover the ship and rebuild it. Hoping that her efforts would get the ship running again. She sighed softly as she leaned against a wall, exhausted. 

Silent, she let her eyes close a little. She wanted a little bit of rest before continuing on.

During his route he ended on the Perimeter guards. There standing out much like the Captain, Amelia, or Koltira stood a Knight who recently signed onto the Justicar. Her name was Manah and she was a steady trooper in the least. An Anchor for his Marines and Ground Crew in these trying days. He had become grateful he had taken on the steel clad Knight. He clapped her shoulder as he said "Take a rest Manah. You've already kept watch over night. Both Shifts. You earned a quick reprieve. Besides I'm here now. I can watch over your post for a time." He smiled down at the Knight as he let go of her shoulder. Though he wore a smile a slight weariness was in his eyes. This was nothing like his crew ever had to weather before. Everyday took it's toll on everyone. And they had yet to mourn the ones lost in the Battle with the Rattails. Nevertheless the Captain would continue his vigil over each of his crew members until they finally made it back to safe harbors. 

Ambience

Spoiler

https://tabletopaudio.com/

"Xingu Nights"

Dense, rich and verdant, the forest floor oozes with life and decay. Overhead, the canopy has hidden the sky for millennia.

Spoiler

ree0079.jpg

Certos' outfit

The emergency beacon’s message had begun around the same place that it had ended, as far as the officer was concerned. No average officer, no doubt, in fact perhaps one long since bereft of rank and stripped of command, but an officer nonetheless. A general. The Generalissimo. Certos Cetale Franco, as the name went, but sometimes he forgot it himself. What he wouldn’t forget was the beginning of the message and the ending, because everything that came after the beginning was a whole lot of blah and not enough mmph.

“Mmph!”

Certos squealed as he stubbed his toe against a defiant root of a tree that should have moved aside as commanded. The roots were long and thick, overgrown over the earth and as messy as the entire forest that surrounded him. It was no alien habitat, at least in regard to its ecosystem, though the man had certainly never stepped foot in this one before. And now I’ve stepped foot and stubbed toe all in one sitting.

He chewed on the thought as walnuts cracked between his teeth, snacking on what morsels he had carried with him while he traversed onward. He had but a shoulder satchel hanging down one side of his body and a sabre's scabbard at the other. His was a lonesome trek, though far from lonely, for Certos was the kind of man who kept Certos company. Soon enough, he knew, he would be in the company of a number of others—the crew of the crashed Justicar.

Fellow fortune seekers. Apparently this Captain Richter Konig was himself a fortune seeker to consider any would be helper to be a fellow one. Certos wasn’t sure where he fit in that department, having met the man only once before. It was some time ago. He could remember the wicked seamstress and the swabbing of the deck, but would the captain remember the generalissimo? Certos shrugged at the curiosity, his mind wondering further about what fortune he might seek. Caves in such forests were generally left alone, lonely in every orifice, just waiting for someone like him to come along and pluck sweet treasures from the bosom. And I shall, sweet cavern of mine. I shall enjoy your every hole.

At that thought, Certos suddenly halted his walk. He couldn’t be sure, and maybe that uncertainty had halted him, but there was the possibility that he had been spotted just then if not already. He looked left, looked right, realized that the kinda-sorta camouflaged airship was some thirty feet in front of him, and cracked another walnut in his mouth. Though there were trees and more separating his position from that emerald vessel, any observant onlookers just might have caught onto his presence already.

Whatever the case, there was some sultry knight standing beside a member of the opposite sex. The former, Certos didn’t know, though he might marry her a few days from then. The latter, well, that person was unmistakable. Captain Richter Konig, in the flesh! And, like the captain, the generalissimo was garbed in an outfit that was mostly as black as his own short hair.

“Holaaaaaaaa!”

Certos called out, waving his hands to get attention. If that hadn’t worked, perhaps sprinting might? So he sprinted, swiping branches aside in his haste, stubbing another toe and coming full stop just a few feet in front of his new friends (well, one old friend, but who’s counting?). With a sore toe to accompany a sore thumb of a being, Certos kept one hand held up in peace and the other hand he extended to the knight and the captain. His violet eyes looked from one person to the other, offering walnuts from his palm.

"It is I, Certos Cetale Franco, the Generalissimo! And I have nuts."

Edited by Die Shize

Audio

Spoiler

https://tabletopaudio.com

Steampunk Airship

"Designed by the greatest watchmaker in Olde-Town, the airship “Gullivar” will ferry you across the fray in style!"

OsJP8SA.jpg

“Pressures, stable. Direction, accurate. Engines, in good condition.” Cadence Shearwill did a quick once-over of the instruments in the cockpit, then kicked back to enjoy the view of the lightening sky and puffy clouds. The hum and chugs of the airship retreated into the background. This was too easy. After stowing away on an adventure with his late father’s friend, Baron von Hensch, Cadence had his trainee’s license suspended for a year, causing him to graduate later than the others, even though he’d hands down win all the rest in a stunt flying showdown. But he did finally graduate, several months ago.

He had gotten a job with the merchants’ guild, to handle short-haul and regular air transportation. And this was why he was alone onboard the Tweenie, a tiny cargo airship. His mother had been happy when he got the job, because it was safe and stable.

But young Cadence was bored.

He had inherited his father’s adventurer blood, and though that eventually killed the older Shearwill, it didn’t stop the young pilot from thinking about heart-stopping, adrenaline-pumping chases, or the thrill of seeing faraway places. Not even when he had almost drowned that first and last time he helped to bring down some pirates terrorizing merchant ships.

Cadence was nodding off to the lull of the engine and the dreams of adventure when the broadcast came through from Richter’s emergency beacon. The word “sky pirates” caught his attention immediately. There were brave folks stranded nearby? Cadence popped his head over the deck to look at the forest beneath. There was never any question in his mind that he would help them. In fact, his heart did a little dance in curiosity and excitement. But he couldn’t see anything below. He needed to get closer to the trees, but the Tweenie wasn’t meant for low altitude flights. Still, it a challenge that he couldn’t handle.

Once Cadence piloted the airship lower, it was obvious where the Justicar had crashed, based on a bare patch of trees that were knocked down upon its landing. He spied a small clearing to its west, and managed to wriggle the Tweenie safely into the tight space. He landed the airship, and couldn’t help but smile at his handiwork. Not everyone could have handled this landing without damaging the ship.

The forest was lit up in lush green from the morning sun, and the dew clung to his flying boots when Cadence made the short trudge through the undergrowth to reach the crew of the Justicar. It seemed to be luck that the first people he came across included Captain Richter himself. “Hello there,” Cadence announced himself casually. “I received the SOS signal. What can I do to help? I have a small ship that can evacuate ten or so people, or to ferry some supplies.”

Edited by jaistlyn

As Captain Ricther König was reassuring the Knight she could rest her eyes a loud raucous would come from the tree line. Before whatever was approaching them came into sight half a dozen Magitech Carbines were leveled at the Approaching noisemaker. The Intruder who approached his vessel cleared the brush enough that Richter could make out who was there. As the man yelled at them he cringed silently on the inside. This man who approached was none other than Certos Franco, A previous candidate to study on the Justicar. His...Uniqueness earned him a rather....memorable opinion by Himself, Koltira and Amelia. Richter turned and gave Certos a polite smile before bowing as he greeted him "Ah Certos Franco, what brings you to this stretch of the Woods? Surely the Generalissimo wouldn't be bothered roughing it in the back Waters of the Arcane East... Well I assume we're still in the Arcane East. That's where we fought the Rattail's." He was wondering what he could do to avoid furthering his conversation with Certos when the Creator saved him from the Awkward conversation with his former pupil as a the Hum of an Mechanically driven Airship flew over the Justicar. Richter held up his hand apologetically as he said "Pardon me Certos, It seems more guests are arriving. I must greet them."

He did a sharp in place turn and jogged away from Certos towards the landing site of the Airship. He had to admit the Landing zone was a bit tight even for such a small freighter. Whoever was piloting it was a gifted one. Around him was six Marines with the carbines at the ready. They ran into someone coming from the vessel's landing site at the halfway point. Richter was surprised to see how young the Pilot was. But then again Humans were usually quite talented when they wanted to be.  The Boy was swift on the uptake to see what he could do for the Crew. Richter smiled as he bowed his head saying "I thank you for coming and offering immediate assistance. As you how you can help Well good sir we don't have any wounded and I will need the Surviving crew to get my Vessel Air worthy again. But given how I saw you handled your freighter...I think we could make use of it for transporting the last bit bit of materials I need to make my Ship airworthy again. Will you join me and my crew on the Deck of the Justicar?"

0316fb89acc07ba7d1389717703f1e43.jpg

Manah sighed in relief. For days she had been doing a lot to keep the repairs going. Her body ached and she was exhausted. But before she could even fall asleep she heard more voices.

It seemed sleep would have to wait. Manah pulled her aching body up, the bones creaking and groaning as she stretched. Unlike her homeland of Talia where time rolled on so slowly, Genesaris took a huger toll on the knight commander.

But the knight didn't complain. The work needed to be done, lives needed rescue. And as a knight of justice, Manah would go to the task until she succeeded.

“New faces I see.” Manah replied warmly. “Have you come to help these poor souls with their boat? I've patched up a bunch of holes but it seems there's more than holes.”

The knight commander laughed. It was a comforting friendly laugh. As if it hid the fears behind the laugh. Manah grasped the door frame, a bit still exhausted as she leaned against it.

“Forgive me, we've been working day and night to get the ship fixed. I've barely slept so we can get moving.”

The knight then smiled again as she was friendly as ever.

Ambience [Recurring]

Spoiler

"Xingu Nights"

Dense, rich and verdant, the forest floor oozes with life and decay. Overhead, the canopy has hidden the sky for millennia.

No one had accepted Certos’ walnuts but that was just as well. Less walnuts for them meant more walnuts for him. He just smiled smugly to himself as Richter König bowed. Finally, the Captain properly addresses the Generalissimo. At the Captain’s queries, Certos could only scratch his head. The Captain had a good point. What was it that had brought the Generalissimo out to the boonie-woonies again? Oh! I know this one! I know it! I know it like I know my walnuts!

“I am here to rescue your walnuts— ahem! I mean I am here to rescue you and your ship of air. I was in the neighborhood,” He looked left, looked right, didn’t see a neighborhood. Unless the tree folk are abroad… “When I heard of souls needing to be saved…” Whatever the reliability of that explanation, well, that had been up to Captain Richter König to deduce, though he appeared to grow less and less interested in conversing.

“Ahhh, Rat Tails.” Certos nodded confidently, as if he had any idea what Rat Tails were besides, well, rat tails. “Yes, si, ja—deine schweine kopfen, Rat Tails!” He held up a fist and shook it. “Perhaps if they smelled any less worse than donkey tails on a breas—” His speech interrupted, Certos watched as the Captain held up his own hand, though its fingers were not furled into a fist. He followed the man’s ears and eyes, up and up and up till both gazes and more were locked on the airborne vessel that had seemed to scoff at the one beneath it.

Well, far be it from Certos to be the odd one in the outfit. As Richter turned his not-quite-a-rat-tail and sped for the not-quite-crashed-airship, the Generalissimo followed the Captain, struggling to catch his breath while chewing on walnuts at the same time.

Reaching the landing site, Certos skidded to a halt beside Richter, his black boots kicking up dirt that sent a squirrel scurrying away. As before, the Captain had bent himself forward, a gesture that Certos had caught with some concern. Bad back, perhaps? Well, Certos wasn’t one to stand on ceremony, and far be it from him to be the odd one out. He kept his eyes on the boy-pilot and also bowed; a forearm crossing his stomach, the other crossing his back. He bent himself forward, lower and lower, till his back started to hurt and the blood was rushing to his head.

“Hmm, my, my, you look just like my knees!”

It took a moment to realize that he was talking to his knees, but when he did, Certos snapped himself upright and cleared his throat with a mighty salute. He held it on ceremony fingers to forehead, allowing the Captain and the knight and the pilot of boyhood to exchange their pleasantries and finalize their speech. Certos was many things, but an interrupter of conversations, well, he wasn’t always.

“Well met and fair weather, friend! It is I, Generalissimo Certos Cetale Franco, at your command!” The introduction had been blurted out like breath held for five minutes. His greeting had been dispatched toward the rescuer-pilot-person, but he cocked a brow at Captain Richter. “Or am I at your command, parce? He blinked at the knight-dame. “Or yours, perhaps?” He stroked his chin at the thought. Though I’d much rather stroke hers…

Edited by Die Shize

It was a relief that there was no wounded, but before Cadence could reply to that, he was caught up in something else the man said.

Your ship? Oh no, forgive my rudeness for not introducing myself, captain!” Hastily, he mirrored Richter’s bow. “My name is Cadence Shearwill. Mine is a delivery vessel, so there are some goods onboard, but if you would allow me to unload them onto your ship temporarily, then I can definitely ferry some stuff for you!” The young man tried not to think too much about what his boss would say about late deliveries. Saving lives were a priority… right? Besides, this was all too exciting to pass up.

He turned to face the knightess in sympathy. “It’s hard work, I’m sure. I hope I can help you guys get out of here as soon as possible!” Then the curious man piped up, in formal-looking garb. His elaborate mannerisms reminded Cadence of von Hensch, the old swashbuckler. The boy returned the hundred-and-eighty degree bow with equal fervor, circling his arm in the air twice before holding it against his waist and angling his torso forward. Then he straightened up, face beaming. “It is an honour, Generalissimo!” He had never heard the title before, but it sounded Noteworthy and Important. “Well, it’s not a command, but I’m gonna need some help unloading the things from my ship. More hands would be appreciated!”

Richter looked at Cadence as he said "We lost alot of our Supplies during the crash so you will have ample space to place your goods in. With the Ground crews here we will be able to guard those supplies well enough so when we get the Justicar airborne again we can give you an escort to your deliveries." He had begun ignoring the extraness of Certos to a slight degree so his constant prattling wouldn't become like nails on a blackboard. But paying enough attention to note important things. He answered Certos "I do believe you would be at my service as you came to assist me Certos. But let's meet the rest of the Expedition team." He gave swift orders to some soldiers to unload Cadence's vessel while he led his comrades up the ropes to the deck of the Justicar. There sat a Red Mage with a feathered, Wide Brimmed hat. He looked up and said "It seems our efforts weren't for naught. A relief upon all our Shoulders." The Kitsune Shield Knight looked at the Gathered comrades she said "To be perfectly honest the only help we got is a Former Student and a Young Human-Child. Not exactly what I would call the Calvary." 

Richter looked at Cadence and Certos as he said "Forgive my Partner Ameila. She's a bit blunt in her opinions. But Don't be too hasty to judge Liebe. The young Human is a pilot of a small freighter and will be able to help us haul larger amounts of materials once we make it to the Caverns." She grunted as she said "Hmph, I would hope so. Still nonetheless welcome aboard to the Justicar you two." Amelia had a strong distrust among humans given her background. She possessively walked over to Richter and clung to his arm. She looked at the Mannah. She asked "The Flamboyant one is a shameless shill and womanizer. He'll try and charm your greaves off while looking at another lass. And the Human-Child doesn't wear the signs of battle. I wager he's a non-combatant. Is that right boy?" 

Koltira muttered "ever the charmer with the newcomers Amelia." Amelia glared at Koltira and stuck her tongue out at the Red mage. before looking at the Newcomers. 

113f1dcc4a21f6eb7d3aa46c6f09a0db.jpg56a9aae9845202c99c4b2f1134d39c4e.jpg

Edited by Darling König

0316fb89acc07ba7d1389717703f1e43.jpgManah blinked once. Twice. Was she being addressed? Or was the Genesarian heat getting to her? After all she came from a place not so hot and bright. But she listened to the banter. 

She chuckled at Amelia's words. She sure was a clinger. She had seen such before and those never ended pretty. Certos asked her a question though she shook her head. 

"I'm not in charge sir. I am here to help these poor folk fix their boat. I am a knight of justice and don't like to see people suffer."

Manah replied as she stood shaking off the sleepiness and weariness. She eyed the other newcomer, Cadence with a smile. Hoping that they were not going to be a threat. She at the moment was not her best.

The knight returned to the wood pile, examining it before settimg off with axe in hand to chop some more and gather some food.

Ambience [Recurring]

Spoiler

Sound Presence: IC and OOC

"Xingu Nights"

Certos stroked his chin at the Captain’s words. He had a good point regarding being in his service. Ahh, right right right right right. It was, after all, the Justicar’s distress beacon that had beckoned the Generalissimo to this rinky-hinky-dink of a dinky-donky forest bonky, so perhaps it was only proper and properly correct that if Certos was currently in anyone’s service—he looked from pirate-captain to dame-knight to rescue-pilot to tree to pirate-captain—then he was certainly in the service of Certos.

Then it was Captain Cadence Shearwill’s sheer will to introduce himself. Why, that positively pleased Certos Franco! He let it show in his lips as they drew like drapes and the corners of his cheeks began to ache. He could only clap his hands at the marvelously formal formality conjured in the captain-pilot’s bow. Ah, a young man after my young heart. Certos suddenly wondered if the man was actually after his heart. He wouldn’t be the first. A giant pink flamingo had once been after his heart but, though, perhaps more in the sense of trying to peck it to a pulp.

“The honor is all mine, Capitan Cadence Shearswell!”

Certos began to bow again but caught himself a quarter of the way. Nnnyupe already done that. He could only tut when the Captain of Shears had barked a command for everyone to offload his things-stuff.

“Why, how rude, I never— Oh.”

It was at that break in speech that the Captain of Pirates and People had redirected the order to his own pirate people to do the legwork. That satisfied Certos, if no one else. His back still ached from fighting with a tree all morning. Painful branches, trees. They scratched and whacked and made victims yelp and cry. Just thinking about it was making Certos blush. He hoped no one noticed.

Some moments later and the group of two separate crews’ captains, one dashingly heroic Generalissimo and one sensationally sultry dame-knight found themselves standing on the deck of the Justicar. There were two captains, which meant that the one Generalissimo and the one dame-knight would have to come together to form a pair of their own, but that topic could be tabled for later. For now, Certos felt like hmm’ing and mhm’ing his way around the deck like he had just swabbed it yesterday. He had walked the floor before, though it was a while ago. He wondered if one of his false teeth was still sitting in a nook and cranny. Maybe someone found it and claimed it.

Amid some familiar faces sitting about like there wasn’t any work to be done, their captain Richter had spoken of fruitful efforts. Certos nodded his head like he agreed with the man all day every day. A relief upon my shoulders, parce. I certainly don’t feel like carrying delivery goods on my butt. It just...it just wasn’t becoming of a generalissimo. The Kitsune Shield Knight, Certos remembered. Cavalry? He didn’t see any cavalry. Maybe they ate the horses?

When Richter had apologized for his girlfriend, Certos just shrugged. He might have bowed to these persons but he tended to reserve bows for a first time introductory basis only. These souls, well, he had already met before.

“There is nothing to forgive. I once ate a frog while hanging upside down.” He shrugged again. “I was being held by my toes, so I didn’t really have a choice.”

Whatever they might make of that, Certos cleared his throat and continued listening to the tour. He made sure to steal a look at his own boots if only to reassure himself that he wasn’t wearing any greaves. Will he charm my boots off instead, ai!? He hoped not. He liked his boots, marred by the forest though they had become. While a tongue was stretched and spittle probably stretched with it, Certos ignored the miniature man of a child and looked at the Kitsune Knight Shield Sword Knight. Though, he had once known her under another guise.

“Knight Priestess Den Mother, it has been too long!”

With that, Certos reached his hand out for Amelia’s own, gesturing for her to accept his so that he might plant a delicate kiss upon her knuckles. While Dame Manah grew jealous and stomped off to chop trees down out of anger, Certos looked around in confusion.

“Hey wait...where’s Georgio, El Chef? And where’s Frau Merci? My jacket needs some tailoring!”

Edited by Die Shize

Justicar's theme song (playable link!)

Spoiler

"Metropolis fanfare" on tabletopaudio.com. "A Heroic introduction to the city of tomorrow." Uploaded on soundcloud for easy playing!

The Generalissimo seemed genuinely pleased at Cadence's greeting, and he was happy that he had gotten his manners right. His next statement was confusing, however, but he retracted it soon enough when Richter called to his men. "Thank you, Captain Richter!" Cadence gave a wide-grinned salute to Richter. It was crazy to think that he would have a huge vessel to escort him around. With the backing of Richter, his guild's reputation was sure to be bolstered, and his boss would surely be happy! Cadence gave brief instructions to the crew about his goods, then followed Richter up to the deck of the much larger ship.

"Justicar… that's a most magnificent name!" The words were proudly painted onto the airship's hull, and they made Cadence's heart swell with excitement as he ascended the ropes. "What exactly happened, may I ask? I only know that you were fighting pirates. Did you manage to get them?" The young pilot's eyes glowed enthusiastically. "I was- oh! Hello!" The red mage and kitsune shield knight were obviously people that Richter wanted them to meet. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, some of Cadence's confidence deflated when Richter's partner called him a child. "The Human-Child doesn't wear the signs of battle. I wager he's a non-combatant. Is that right boy?"

"W-well, I don't really know how to fight, but I, uh, did help to defeat some pirates a while ago…" his voice grew smaller under Amelia's scrutinizing stare. Manah searched for his gaze and gave him a reassuring smile, and Cadence smiled back. Thankfully, the Generalissimo broke the awkwardness with an odd comment about eating frogs. Cadence looked at him in awe. What sort of adventures had the man been through? "You'll have to tell me the full story of that next time!" Cadence begged.

Edited by jaistlyn

On 2/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, Die Shize said:

Certos ignored the miniature man of a child and looked at the Kitsune Knight Shield Sword Knight. Though, he had once known her under another guise.

“Knight Priestess Den Mother, it has been too long!”

With that, Certos reached his hand out for Amelia’s own, gesturing for her to accept his so that he might plant a delicate kiss upon her knuckles. While Dame Manah grew jealous and stomped off to chop trees down out of anger, Certos looked around in confusion.

8 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, some of Cadence's confidence deflated when Richter's partner called him a child. "The Human-Child doesn't wear the signs of battle. I wager he's a non-combatant. Is that right boy?"

"W-well, I don't really know how to fight, but I, uh, did help to defeat some pirates a while ago…" his voice grew smaller under Amelia's scrutinizing stare. Manah searched for his gaze and gave him a reassuring smile, and Cadence smiled back. 

Amelia's nose wrinkled in disdain as she pressed more firmly against Richter as she said "Mister Certos, Please refrain from calling me by that title ever again or I might have to give you a Colonoscopy with my kite shield." She kept her dislike for the Dandy poorly veiled. Richter chuckled in mirth knowing he could do little to restrain Amelia from being so forthright with her feelings. Koltira groaned as he shook his head in exasperation, the Red mage pondered how they kept any crew members or made any allies with a woman so vile and violent as Amelia on board. Nevertheless the Spymaster couldn't complain too much, the Shield Knight's Protective magic had came in hand on more than one account. Meanwhile Amelia looked at Cadence. She saw the crestfallen look on his face. She may have been a been too harsh on the boy...he wasn't the same Humes that had betrayed her back on Primum Mundus.  She huffed and nodded  towards Cadence hearing his sheepish words of defending his masculinity. She echoed back "Well that's good. At least if things get a bit tight you can assist."

Richter gently plucked himself from Amelia and clapped his hand on Cadence's shoulder as he said "As to what happened to my ship is simple. There was a Crew of Corsairs that needed a proper thrashing and my Crew tracked them back to their Hideout here in the Arcane East. We found the Rattails out here. The bastards got the jump on us but we sunk them and blew up their base before us crash landing. We've been here for nearly two weeks now." Richter let go of Cadence and looked at the gathered members of his expedition team. He sighed while smiling wistfully as he pulled out a map. He traced his finger along its surface as he said "So the plan is that we, the six of us, head into the forest and locate a Cavern. Now this said cavern is supposedly filled with a mineral that my magicians need to reinforce the repaired hull to make sure it doesn't break on take off. The catch is that it's about four days hike from the Justicar and there is supposedly a beast out there. So we may be facing a serious danger while trekking to the Cavern. Cadence I want you to fly low to the Canopy. Every night we will find a landing zone or worse comes to worse I'll make one for you. Once we find the Cavern we will dig up the Minerals. Given the size of your freighter I would say two trips would be needed to get the materials to fix my ship. Once she's repaired, we will return your goods Cadence and escort you to your delivery sites. How does that sound to everyone?"

0316fb89acc07ba7d1389717703f1e43.jpgManah returned with the firewood as she looked at the group. The restless, sleepless nights must be getting to her. 

So the plan is that we, the six of us, head into the forest and locate a Cavern. Now this said cavern is supposedly filled with a mineral that my magicians need to reinforce the repaired hull to make sure it doesn't break on take off. The catch is that it's about four days hike from the Justicar and there is supposedly a beast out there. So we may be facing a serious danger while trekking to the Cavern. Cadence I want you to fly low to the Canopy. Every night we will find a landing zone or worse comes to worse I'll make one for you. Once we find the Cavern we will dig up the Minerals. Given the size of your freighter I would say two trips would be needed to get the materials to fix my ship. Once she's repaired, we will return your goods Cadence and escort you to your delivery sites. How does that sound to everyone?"

"I'm on board. The change of scenery would be nice." Manah piped up then. "Besides, we need to rid the danger in order to keep these people safe."

The knight commander then placed the firewood down in the pile before sighing soft. But she was hoping for some combat to get over the rust she gathered from not battling. And its what she was born to do. 

"When do we leave?" The knight commander asked then. 

Manah was eager to get going. And hopefully save those needed to be saved.