Darling König

Justicar Redeemed: Emerald Butterfly Down

Music [Recurring]

Spoiler

"A Heroic introduction to the city of tomorrow."

Certos blinked at the Knight Priestess Den Mother. Or is it the Mother’s Priestess from the Knights’ Den? He didn’t really know what a kolonoxkapy was but it sounded like the wax stuff that shield maidens used to polish their shields. Still, the lady had clearly been rendered upset, and it wasn’t very gentlemanly to leave her in such a state. He’d have to apologize later. And remember to tell Captain Shearswell his most wonderful tale about frogs and legs and frog legs and frogs writhing over a match flame. Of course, if either of them had expected him to reply with words, there was only a stink eye above a drooling grin.

All this talk about corsairs and rat tails and eastern arcades and the bastards of the Den Mother and two weeks of blowing down bases was making Certos a mite thirsty. He wondered what liquefied frogs’ legs might taste like when washed down the throat. Then the map came and he penetrated it with his gaze. Cavern. Catch. Canopy. Cadence. Certos. He stroked his chin while giving Captain Shearswell the stink eye and a grin that ached his cheeks. Of course!

“CONO ORALE CACA GUACAMA”

Certos nearly pooped himself as the other dame knight suddenly came out of nowhere with her bundle of firewood. Gosh was she a beauty to behold, long-legged and totally wife and kitchen cook material, but she sure came over all sneaky-like, all right!

“I, too, am on board, Capitan!” He took a deep breath and puffed his breast out with lion-chest authority. “You shall have my khopesh!” With that, he withdrew one of the curved swords from his back, took to a knee with a crack again and brandished the blade over his thigh. “And my other khopesh!” Out came the identical sword from behind his back and over his thigh.

“And a crayon of your fancy!”

He withdrew a pack of colorfully colored crayons and offered one to Richter, then to the Knight of Firewood, then to Captain Shearswell, then to the Secretly-A-Knight-Priestess-Den-Mother and that was it since the Red Mage sucked caca for a living.

“BUT DON’T TAKE THE PURPLE ONE”

If anyone tried to, he’d snatch it back with a twitching stink eye and a froggy croak in place of a lion’s growl.

Justicar's theme song (recurring)

Spoiler

"Metropolis fanfare" on tabletopaudio.com. "A Heroic introduction to the city of tomorrow." 

Cadence nodded enthusiastically to Richter’s recounting of how they ended up here. Oh, a proper swashbuckling team! He imagined that his dad must have had travelled with many groups like that in his youth. Looking around at the gathered fighters, he wasn’t too worried about the rumoured beast. They all looked really strong, like they could handle themselves. With the slight exception of himself, but the rest will probably fell the beast before it can even get close to his ship anyway. The young man's heart almost burst with pride for being recognized by Richter to be good enough for the expedition.

“Yes, that is a good idea!” he said, agreeing to the plan. “Going by ship would be much more safe and efficient than hiking on foot, and we won’t be able to see anything at night, so docking makes sense.”

The Generalissimo looked at him like he said something wrong, then grinned and spouted off a string of words that sounded rather like the names of food and ingredients. It compounded the hunger that Cadence had not even realized that he had been feeling. “Do we have food and water on board?” he asked, rubbing his chin. “It would be best if we stock up on supplies, so that we can maximize our time to search. I saw a river nearby as I was flying here. Maybe we can go fishing!” He was hoped the Justicar’s crew could whip up some delicious dinners. He knew that wasn’t a priority, but it would be a perk indeed, for he had the ravenous appetite of a growing youth.

Cadence took a startled step back when Certos drew his curved swords. It was a unique weapon, something he had never seen before, but it was not as if he had much experience with weapons anyway. When the pack of crayons was thrust at him, he pulled out the green one, carefully avoiding the blade. He turned the crayon in his hand. "What's this for?" he asked curiously.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:20 AM, Rin said:

"I'm on board. The change of scenery would be nice." Manah piped up then. "Besides, we need to rid the danger in order to keep these people safe."

The knight commander then placed the firewood down in the pile before sighing soft. But she was hoping for some combat to get over the rust she gathered from not battling. And its what she was born to do. 

"When do we leave?" The knight commander asked then. 

Manah was eager to get going. And hopefully save those needed to be saved.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, jaistlyn said:

Looking around at the gathered fighters, he wasn’t too worried about the rumoured beast. They all looked really strong, like they could handle themselves. With the slight exception of himself, but the rest will probably fell the beast before it can even get close to his ship anyway. The young man's heart almost burst with pride for being recognized by Richter to be good enough for the expedition.

“Yes, that is a good idea!” he said, agreeing to the plan. “Going by ship would be much more safe and efficient than hiking on foot, and we won’t be able to see anything at night, so docking makes sense.”

On 2/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, Die Shize said:

“CONO ORALE CACA GUACAMA”

Certos nearly pooped himself as the other dame knight suddenly came out of nowhere with her bundle of firewood. Gosh was she a beauty to behold, long-legged and totally wife and kitchen cook material, but she sure came over all sneaky-like, all right!

“I, too, am on board, Capitan!” He took a deep breath and puffed his breast out with lion-chest authority. “You shall have my khopesh!” With that, he withdrew one of the curved swords from his back, took to a knee with a crack again and brandished the blade over his thigh. “And my other khopesh!” Out came the identical sword from behind his back and over his thigh.

“And a crayon of your fancy!”

He withdrew a pack of colorfully colored crayons and offered one to Richter, then to the Knight of Firewood, then to Captain Shearswell, then to the Secretly-A-Knight-Priestess-Den-Mother and that was it since the Red Mage sucked caca for a living.

“BUT DON’T TAKE THE PURPLE ONE”

Richter turned to Manah and clasped her shoulder as he said "We should be able to leave tonight or tomorrow morning. Unless our guests here need a Rest from their trek in finding us?" He raised an appraising eyebrow to Cadence and Certos. His questioning gaze was replaced by a relieved smile by the Exuberant words of Cadence. His eagerness was infectious and the Sylvari suspected there was a slight yearning for more than being a Freighter pilot. He walked over to Cadence and placed his hand on the head of Cadence as he said "You will have Koltira, my Loyal Spymaster and Red Mage, as your Communication officer. The Rest of the Team will be on the Ground. We must find this supposed beast. Kill it and then we can safely transport the needed materials to the Justicar." 

Amelia watched Richter and he explained his intent and was relieved she wasn't going to be stuck on an Airship with a Hume-child...but then again she would be stuck on the ground with that womanizing fool Certos...perhaps she had drawn the short straw between herself and Koltira. But if Richter intended to hunt this Beast he would need a Shield more than Koltira's magic. She smiled at Cadence politely as she said "You are in good hand Hume-Captain, Koltira may be an unbearable stiff. But his magic is second only to My Captain~." she gently nuzzled Richter's shoulder bringing a slight blush to Richter's cheek as he cleared his throat.

Koltira hopped down from his seat on a barrel and walked over to Cadence as he bowed to him with a sweep of his hand that removed his wide brimmed hat. He rose and replaced his hat as he said "Koltira Amakiir, Red mage formerly of the Red Mage Inquisitorial Squad Leviathan of the Dalmian Empire, Current Spymaster of the Justicar of Genesaris. It is my deepest pleasure to work with you Captain." Koltira wore a friendly smile as he continued "And don't worry. Not everyone of Captain König's crew is a Human hater. That would only be Lady Beaumont. But she has her reasons. So just bear with her." 

Amelia's face scrunched up and a fox like growl emitted from her lips as she stared daggers at the Red mage. The Red mage smirked as he turned and joined Cadence's side. Amelia's growling was interrupted by the explosive outburst from Certos making her arch her eyebrow. The strange and infuriating Hume was offering her a strange colored stick. She huffed and looked away ignoring his offer. Richter was watching Amelia and Certos. The Man's pledge of his weapons reassuring but his offer of these Crayons, were strange. He politely held up his hand and said "Thank you for the offer Certos. But I will respectfully decline." He turned back to the Map as he said "Before we leave ensure your packs are ready. Stop by the Galley and get some Dried meats and fruits for the trek. Other than that you all are dismissed." Richter slapped the table energetically, it was the first time in Thirteen days he felt hope and most likely his crew would sense it too. 

Edited by Darling König

Manah listened as she didn't speak. She was still leaning against the ship's outer wall. It seemed it wasn't going to be as easy as she'd thought it be. 

Of course she liked the challenge that came. She was a bit hungry now that she remembered it. Manah hadn't eatwn since the day before. And so she sauntered over to the Gallery without another word.

short post, I apologise

Justicar's Theme Song [Recurring]

Spoiler

So, you have chosen the green one.

Interesting.

Certos held his crouch as he watched Captain Shearswell pluck the green crayon like a feather from a giant pink flamingo. Maybe the flamingo was murderous, maybe the crayon was secretly a nuclear warhead, maybe none of these things were any of these things and everything was nothing. Maybe. Then again, maybe Certos’ knee was beginning to ache upon the cold hard floor of a pirate ship.

“I shall answer your question with another question, Captain Shearswell.”

Certos lifted himself up, sheathing his swords on his back before tucking his carton of crayons away in a pouch. The only one who had actually accepted his offer was the brave young boy captain. Where he had chosen a green crayon, his gifter sought to color his face with violet eyes as they stared and stared hard all stare-stare-like.

“When the time is right, when the sun shines and the moon sets at the same time but no not quite, when you find yourself alone but in the company of friends and foes, when you just might be one boot shy of having two boots and who knows why, then you will know what to do with the green crayon I have given you.”

A moment, then a moment later and Certos heard himself snickering. He couldn’t help it. He couldn’t hold it. So he bounced forward to give Captain Shearswell a fair-weather-friend pat-pat-pat on the shoulder like one of those old ladies do with a dog older than they were.

“Ohhh I’m just pulling your leg, young sailor! That nonsense about moons and suns and hammocks and friends and foes and two boots shy of an intact noggin is just nonsense!”

Then Certos would seek to squeeze the captain’s hand into a fist that held the green crayon before it might get tucked away, and eyes as wide as an owl’s on stims would penetrate the young man’s ocular comfort zone.

“Don’t lose the crayon.” He pleaded, tone soft but firm, lips in a rigid line. “When the time is right, you will know what to do. Don’t. Lose. The crayon.”

Then a moment later and Certos blinked and chuckled and pat-pat-pat and ha-ha-ha and turned around wondering where the Knight of Firewood had gone.

“Oh right right right the captain said galley! OH! That’s where Georgio is! El Chef! YAY!”

With that, Certos snapped his fingers and took off toward the galley, his stomach leading the way. Once there, he straightened a passer-by’s collar, shook hands with a jolly fellow named Frederagagar or something something and offered a trio of blinking persons some insight on the delicate situation of the political dynamics currently shifting within the philosophical circles of the Ignatz government. Finally, he found his jewel. The most beautiful beauty in all the jungle. Grrrr.

“Greetings again, dame knight! My what a marvelous sunny day this sunny day is! It is I, Certos Franco!” He extended his right hand toward the Knight of Firewood for a handshake, as polite and gentle as his gentleman’s persona could muster. “I don’t believe I ever caught your name..?”