Ace

Uh, Hello ^^;

Haaayyyy.... 

Maybe a spare few of you remember me. Most of you certainly will not, and I honestly feel more like a first-timer than a returning lost daughter. It's been many, many years. So, hello new and old friends! ^^;  I'm Ace, or Cait, or whatever. I'll probably go by Ace more often than not. 

Long story short: The recent D&D renaissance has provided a fun pastime since I got into it a year or so ago, but it's also reminded me by way of pale comparison how much I need (and have been starved for) writing in my life. So, now I'm seriously considering (dying actually) to get back into it.

I do want to take it a bit slow, though. Valucre has always been synonymous to me with elite fucking standards, and I see from the average post length that that hasn't changed. Not that length is the measuring stick for quality, I'm not inviting that flap. Just saying. Consider me a novice until I find my feet~ 

So, my question to y'all is: Can anyone recommend a good fairly casual roleplay for me to read while I shake the dust off and start thinking about a character? Something with posts that are engaging in only 2-3 paragraphs or so? (As opposed to pages-long... And without needing to be deeply mired in the lore to understand.) I would appreciate the reading material, but that's the general level that I want to dip my toes in first. :3 

Thanks! And though I'm feeling shy and hesitant, I'm glad to be here. Looking forward to things to come. 

Ace

Edited by Ace

1) - welcome back! In whatever capacity, for whatever reason, welcome back and it's great to see you around again!

2) - just incidentally I put out a "challenge" in September where I asked people to try focusing on "brevity" for a while and see how that treated their roleplay. It wasn't mean to be collated like an easy to navigate index or list or anything but some people mention their brevity roleplays there so may be a good place to start - https://www.valucre.com/topic/40841-i-challenge-you-to-brevity/

You're not alone!

3) - by way of recommendation, my own personally GM'd quest which follows the brevity rules. I think it fits the bill quite nicely: https://www.valucre.com/topic/40970-what-do-you-know-closed/

WELCOME BACK - Happy glomps-

I'm another returning soul just been back a few weeks and dipping my toes in aswell best of luck to you! I'm milling around a comedic storyline in my head and once i get the details down ill send you a link to the interest check .Too see if it'd be something that youd be intrested in reading and or participating in to shake off the rust.

Oh... my... literal... gosh.

Hold my whiskey! I will break my lurking habit to cheer for this return!! 😁😁😁😁

Welcome back darlin'. I don't write lately if ever, but give a shout if you want to discuss an idea. I can definitely do casual and not hyper demanding. I think. Or we could unravel the mysteries of how Tom Waits is still alive and well (I'm seriously perplexed). Just good to see a friendly soul from the times before. Hope you are well!!

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Haaayyyy.... 

Maybe a spare few of you remember me. Most of you certainly will not, and I honestly feel more like a first-timer than a returning lost daughter. It's been many, many years. So, hello new and old friends! ^^;  I'm Ace, or Cait, or whatever. I'll probably go by Ace more often than not. 

Long story short: The recent D&D renaissance has provided a fun pastime since I got into it a year or so ago, but it's also reminded me by way of pale comparison how much I need (and have been starved for) writing in my life. So, now I'm seriously considering (dying actually) to get back into it.

I do want to take it a bit slow, though. Valucre has always been synonymous to me with elite fucking standards, and I see from the average post length that that hasn't changed. Not that length is the measuring stick for quality, I'm not inviting that flap. Just saying. Consider me a novice until I find my feet~ 

So, my question to y'all is: Can anyone recommend a good fairly casual roleplay for me to read while I shake the dust off and start thinking about a character? Something with posts that are engaging in only 2-3 paragraphs or so? (As opposed to pages-long... And without needing to be deeply mired in the lore to understand.) I would appreciate the reading material, but that's the general level that I want to dip my toes in first. :3 

Thanks! And though I'm feeling shy and hesitant, I'm glad to be here. Looking forward to things to come. 

Ace

Hiya Ace! I've gone by a bunch of different usernames before settling on the current one so you probably won't recognize me even if our time overlapped. BUT I'm still hyped to see you trying your hand at Valucre again! Always nice to see members return after long periods of time 🙂 Shows how Valucre really just sticks with you like a good... movie? Game? All the above?

Something I like to suggest to new and returning members alike is to check out the New Member Guide up top. Might seem a bit needless 'cause you're not really "new" but I've heard it's helpful either way. If you check it out, let me know if you found it helpful at all!

I have a thread HERE that has relatively short posts, if you'll excuse the info dump I kinda just tacked on in the first post haha Other than that most of my threads are either multi-paragraph or very lore immersive so I can't really help a lot in that area.

However, if you have any questions about the new structure of Val and how something/ anything works, feel free to hit me up in whichever method is best for you. I'm here to help 🙂

What genre of roleplay are you most interested in dipping your toes back into? 

@supernal: Thanks for those shares~ I'm pretty excited that this is a thing you're exploring. Definitely taking a look. 

@Broken Mask Please do that!

@carrionjackal <3333333!!! -gladly holds your whiskey-

I sent you an add request on discord, so we can have a place for those existential discussions, my dear~ 

@Ataraxy I've looked over the guide a couple of times, and I've got plans to skim through it more deliberately before I dive in. Oldbie or not, with my level of practice -- yes, it's helpful. XD

As for roleplay genres, I'm really not sure? I tend to like fantasy (so I'm in the right place). Also open to Sci-fi/Futuristic Realism if that's a thing here? More specific than that, though, I just don't know. 

Edited by Ace

2 hours ago, Ace said:

<3333333!!! -gladly holds your whiskey-

I sent you an add request on discord, so we can have a place for those existential discussions, my dear~ 

-fans self- Oh, I do declare, Madame Beauregard! I believe you are giving me a case of the vapors. *retires to the settee*

I remember you. Been a while. I haven't been writing nearly so much myself anymore--busy with life and the like. The D&D renaissance is indeed a welcome thing. I love seeing more people getting into it and the social acceptableness of the hobby increasing all the time. Welcome back. 🙂