Dolor Aeternum

For Your Own Good

Guest TheMinecrafter

As Arashi slept, she slowly regenerated her system. She was tired out from all the fighting and all that apparently happened. So much so that she was thankful for being put to sleep like this. While it wasn't as comfortable as her own bed, it didn't matter. She was getting the sleep she needed. As she woke up after about twelve hours of sleep, she got a bit of a shock to find out she was still in the same position. She knew by that point that this wasn't some sort of illusion. This was real. She hoped it was some sort of dream but no. It just had to be real. 

"You know what would be great right now...some hot food, a bath and some clean clothes. Doesn't help that I have to go out of my way to get buy new ones and put that materials on them so I don't burn my clothes..." She sighed deeply. There was no way she was getting out of this unless she did was she asked. "I could use a hug from my needles right now...but I've left them back home. How great is this?" 

The Draconian pondered for a second. "What if I learn to cook? That might be something worth getting into if I didn't burn the cooking equipment every time I handled it! Goddamn it, why does everything have to be so hard!?"

Arashi would wake up to an empty room initially as Luz took advantage of how heavily sedated she had left the draconic girl to take a break and then follow up on a task she had left to her subordinates. They analyzed Marigold’s prototype armor, a few marveling at the craftsmanship while others balked at the idea that a non-Illyrian could be that capable. It was their job to improve upon the design and as was custom when presented with foreign technology they sought out to reverse engineer it and scrutinize every detail to see how they could make it all better. There were certain materials within Illyria that few realms were capable of producing and while the idea of someone foreign walking around with Illyrian made items was not appealing to some of the scientists, others took this as an opportunity to make their mark upon this world they had been all thrust into. They had a chance to show all of this realm what they had to offer.

Luz entered the lab hours later to witness the construction of a malleable material meant to account for any size changes of its wearer with several small crystals embedded into the framework that others were dousing with several different types of energy or magic. The material had begun to store all of the energy given to it, increasing temperature until they forced the energy into some cubes that had been left over from the Ceyana incident. Heron could be seen in the distance playing with that little girl that had originally come with Arashi and was immediately called out by Luz.

“Do I need to relieve you of your position so you can spend your days playing with children Heron?”

“As long as I am still taken care of in my retirement then you may do as you wish.”

Luz rolled her eyes before continuing.

“How long before you can create some armor from this material?”

“I would give us another day or two.”

“You have 24 hours. I want the threat this girl posed limited before our Light returns.”

“Well I cant guarantee it will be fully operational but we will deliver something by then.”

Luz had already begun to walk away, not even acknowledging that she had heard Heron before returning to the room Arashi was held in just as she spoke of needles and then learning how to cook. Luz arched a brow at her comments but shrugged them off.

“Sleep well? We should have a viable solution for you within 24 hours. In the meantime, I am going to release you from this machine so that you can actually managed to walk out of here when the time comes.”

The large double doors slid into a hard shut and that same magical glaze fell over the room as it prepared to contain them in the room. Luz flipped quickly through some menus on the display near the machine which caused the tendrils that had bound the girl to loosen and the table to flip vertically so that Arashi could step out. Luz remained an acceptable distance away from the girl, staring long and hard at her the entire time though she did manage to speak again.

“Do not make me regret my leniency…”

Guest TheMinecrafter

Arashi sighed as she walked out of the machine, stretching as she walked out. "Sleep well? I mean it was sort of uncomfortable but at least I'm feeling better than I was." Arashi walked around the room, glancing at Luz. She was lucky her scarf was in one piece after all that had happened. Maybe it was the stuff it was made out of. She wasn't quite sure. She knew it was quite durable after all and regenerated itself. 

"Well, there isn't anything to eat in here, is there? And a bath? Some clothes would be nice too." Arashi asked nicely. She was trapped in this room after all, and well the only way she could pass time is by doing something after all. She didn't exactly like being dirty, her clothes ripped and well not being fed for a while. 

So demanding.

Luz looked visibly annoyed at Arashi in that moment, the purity of her response present in the way that Luz eyed the machine’s configuration screen as if she wished to place the draconic girl right back where she had left her. Hospitality required empathy and Luz was only just starting to understand how to conjure it. She was no expert like her beloved Light but much like every other challenge in her life, Luz rose and recovered from her negativity…albeit gradually.

“This is no hotel. You are no esteemed guest. Do not think you are free to make demands just because I have decided to be amicable.”

Luz noticeably caught herself before she leaned in to vicious nature and then sighed softly before continuing.

“You will have to shower over there.”

Luz pointed to one of their devices meant as an emergency measure should some unknown items manage to touch their flesh. It was no luxurious thing. A large tube seemed to house some glowing fluid that held a similar hue to the magic that Luz employed. There was no cover…no privacy to be had but should one expect anything more?

“I will get some material for you to cover yourself in and some appropriate nourishment. What do you eat?”

It was a daring question to ask given how forward Arashi’s questions had been and naturally tempted a regression to the brash Luz she had just witnessed moments ago but progress was progress. Luz was no monster and neither was Illyria but she would not bend to the whims of this child. Orisians, draconic little girls, and gangly doctors were all subject to Illyrian law here.

Guest TheMinecrafter

"Ur...sorry. I phrased that wrong. I should have been nicer in the way I said that." Arashi sighed. After all, she was way too used to demanding things after all as it was her only way of getting her own way. Either that way or force. People were afraid of dragons so it was natural for them to well be scared of her. Well that was mostly the case wherever she went. So much so that people just gave her what she wants in fear of getting their families killed or their reputation ruined. 

"About food..pretty much anything that a human eats? Stuff like that..." Arashi said as she went to go to the device that apparently was a shower and went to get showered.

Civility? Well that was somewhat unexpected. Luz expected non-compliance but instead was met with a rather calm draconic girl that actually apologized? The surprise was not initially hidden along Luz’s face until she felt her mouth agape for far too long. She then cleared her throat and shifted to fiddle with some of the equipment while Arashi explained about food. The response made her earlier question seem ridiculously embarrassing but the Illyrian woman would just shrug it off and then respond calmly.

“Understood. I will provide you with some of our Illyrian magiweave while the work on your armor is underway.”

Luz moved far enough away from the cleansing devices to give Arashi the privacy she needed, opening a few compartments to gather a few things. Arashi would find the ‘shower’ area was spacious and enclosed. Once she stepped in it would close very slowly behind her and undergo a sealing process meant to prevent contamination from anything that may be washed off. A voice would pierce through the silence and indirectly address Arashi. “Subject 9257 fully analyzed. Cleansing procedure will commence in ten seconds.” The voice was clearly automated and did not care whether Arashi was prepared or not as a steady spray of water would be offered from several angles (above and to each side). A warm liquid that resembled water but had several luminous particles in it would be employed with the same restorative effects of the energy Luz used earlier to heal a good portion of the girl’s wounds. This was meant to be soothing though the device did not take into account any foreign users.

Before long, Luz would set some grey attire nearby that held some gold lining and seemed to shift when touched. Illyrian magiweave was meticulously crafted to adapt to whoever decided to wear it, laced with several enchantments, one of which caused the fabric itself to bend to the user’s will and create any textures or designs they saw fit to adorn themselves with. A soft towel rested near the clothing just outside the machine. Minutes after, the smell of food would permeate through the room. A hearty stew, steaming hot, rested within a large bowl. A small loaf of bread surrounded by several cut meats and cheese were also present along a large table several feet away from the device meant to contain the girl. As far as Illyrian cuisine goes, what was offered was pedestrian at best but Arashi had not earned any luxury.

“Your clothes are just outside and your food is ready.”

Luz swiftly moved into a far corner, analyzing data on a screen that hovered above her. A silhouette that looked similar to Arashi could be seen with several data points laid all over the panel. The Illyrian scientist seemed to mull over something, engrossed heavily with what she was seeing. So much so she would ignore much of what was said for the minutes that followed.

Guest TheMinecrafter

As Arashi got out of the enclosed cleaning space to clean herself after what happened, she went across and dried herself with the clean soft towel. The arm she had transformed partly into a dragon with was partly scared even after it was healed, sitting ontop of her crimson red draconic markings on her left arm as her right arm was fine from before.

I have to cover up that arm somehow for a bit. It doesn't exactly look good like that. Definately the worst scarring I've got by far. Not to menition that scar on the side of my face...

As Arashi got herself into the clothes she was given and began to eat, she looked over at Luz for a split second, wondering what on earth she was doing.

A finger lifted toward her lips as she contemplated the data present on the screens before her. After a few seconds, Luz looked visibly concerned and then ultimately resigned. Not too long after Arashi should be able to notice Luz shift to look at her before she started to speak. “I had intended to repair and enhance the broken armor that was fashioned for you and then send you off but doing so would make me as careless as the previous designer…and cruel I assume” A dismissive hand floated in the air to suggest she didn’t truly care about that aspect of what she was saying at this time. Luz would start to move toward Arashi now rather calmly before continuing.

“To confine you to the armor eternally might be a fitting punishment for what you nearly managed to do to my Light and to your guardian but I have been compelled to give you a second chance. One I know you cannot take full advantage of if you do not have the freedom you need. I will need an extra day or two but I can make you a set of wearable provisions that should help you control yourself.”

She looked visibly bothered from having to continue, but she did.

“Does jewelry entice you? Clothing? I would offer a more permanent solution but you are not an ally. The sooner I can ensure that you can leave this place, the sooner I can help my country recover.”

Luz was not trying to be rude or piercing with her words but it was clear that she held other priorities and that she believed Arashi wanted out of her predicament just as much as Luz wanted out of hers.

(OOC: This may be a little out of character since I haven't rped Valucre Arashi in a while.)

"Listen lady, your aren't some sort of person who goes around confining people to armor are you? Do I have to report you to the police?" Arashi raised an eyebrow at that statement she said. Confining her to armor? Did she lose a few marbles recently and go insane? Arashi sighed as she sorted the scarf around her neck that she wears constantly round her, never taking it off, no matter the consequence. She could do without her other clothes but her scarf? No chance. It was way too important.

"You know, I'm more or less want to say, you should really get a career change if your thinking of confining me to my own armor for crying out loud." At this point, Arashi was just acting like an asshole to Luz for her statements in the matter. This was dumb. Really dumb. She knew she was trapped in her with some crazy scientist who gave her food and clothes but this crazy scientist had other ideas! 

"You know...getting rid of me, isn't going to save you from getting dumped from your date or husband right? I mean if that's why your so eager to leave then..." Arashi went up to the barrier, placing her hand on it, attempting to absorb the anti-magic energy from it. 

"I'm sorry to say it's cancelled for tonight." 

Luz eyed Arashi but seemed unfazed by the sudden outburst of the draconic girl. The director simply analyzed her flurry of questions which were delivered with the intent to possibly get a rise out of her but she held enough restraint that she just pivoted to face Arashi, her silver eyes blazing toward the girl. Arashi would likely notice that Luz was actively keeping herself calm, the temptation of retaliating with anger very present but there was a practiced calm that won out in the end.

“If you took the time to actually listen to what I was saying, you would have heard that confinement is not my first option to deal with your problem. You are currently my responsibility, where your adoptive father has left you in our care and my Light has tasked me to find a solution that doesn’t involve imprisonment. I will not stand here and attempt to coddle you into submission and have you bend to my every whim but I know you will have trouble finding anyone else better equipped to solve this issue that I know you have had trouble dealing with for years.”

Luz openly sighed just to let out some of the pent up energy that Arashi’s insulting words had inspired but her voice remained surprisingly calm.

“So since I am now stuck with you for at least a while longer, tell me why you believe you have so much trouble controlling yourself? Your answer may or may not help me speed up getting you away from my home so you can travel wherever you desire.”

"Your care?! You think?! You think this is a great idea? I'd much rather be beating you up right now to vent my frustration than actually surrendering my freedom to you. I thought I trusted you but your just like any other scientist. Only interested in this for your own gain. You don't care about the people you hurt with your little science projects! People like you kill others rather than saving them! I've seen people like you create monsters that kill others! What makes you so different?!" Arashi said, as she stepped closer to the scientist, anger in her eyes. She normally wasn't this angry over such things like this, but Arashi wasn't going to let this go either way. 

She didn't trust scientists, so what was the point of trusting Luz? If the scientist did notice that Arashi seemed to be rebellious, uncontrollable, burden, unpredictable and quite possibly violent and would be a bad idea to let out into the world who she would wreck havoc on unless they have a surefire way of controlling her every move, then Arashi would be a massive threat.

"Stupid scientists like you are no better than anybody else! Now die already! I won't let you control me or anybody else for that matter!" Arashi angrily growled as she raised her arm, going to punch Luz directly. She didn't have alot of strength at the moment but it was worth trying. She wasn't going to lay down and be experimented on and be controlled for that matter.

Edited by Metty
grammar PLEASE!?

This was becoming more and more bothersome as time went on for Luz. She could sense the friction between their personalities and it didn’t help that Arashi was child-like in her view of the world, infused with a furious passion to get her way. She had heard the argument presented by the draconic girl before and seemed unfazed by it. There was no reason to get offended when one knew they would not waiver in their conviction, especially from a person who knew nothing about her people. Luz had already begun spacing herself away from Arashi as the tirade commenced, aware of what the girl was capable of when her anger consumed her. That anger inundated the poor girl and caused her to yell out threats without any care of the consequences and then there it was…

“…Now die already!...”

That was all that Luz needed to hear before her defenses sprang into action. There was a controlled confidence present along the director’s face as the wild, anger-fueled punch forced itself through the air and then collided with a thin barrier that emanated from Luz’s body. The barrier was rather weak but it was enough to take the blow of a weakened dragon girl though the impact itself caused Luz to have to jump back and into a tray nearby. Several tools fell along the floor and the loud sounds of metallic clanking against the floor would be heard.

“You are losing control now…just because you hate me and don’t even know me. Do you want to just kill everyone you do not agree with?!”

Luz tried to react calmly but near the end her voice became just a tad louder and her expression turned even more rigid. If Arashi intended to just ignore her words, she’d be ready but it was clear that she was trying to defuse the situation for the good of her Light who had made a promise to that doctor Marigold…no matter how fruitless she thought that might be.

"...Damn it...that did nothing..." Arashi felt anger and hopelessness at this point as she slid slightly back on the floor, maintaining her balance from the force of the barrier. Her attack literally did nothing against that barrier of Luz's as it just absorbed the kinetic energy of her punch so it seemed. "Tch...pathetic. Just like it was beforehand to that monster called Dredge. Even my punches won't do anything against a weak barrier! What is this bullshit?!" Arashi growled, it just reminded her of that day where her punches did nothing to that monster named Dredge as she tried to play the hero.

Arashi's breathing is more intense now, as she lifted up her left fist again, going to throw a punch aimed at Luz with all of her strength concreted into a single punch. She didn't have the same amount of strength she should have had after defeating Dredge, or even after she had apparently transformed into that monster Luz had talked about. At most, that strength could easily break a bone or two if she did manage to hit somebody with it, but due to her weakened state after fighting Dredge and now, but this should be easy enough if she did manage to hit Luz. She wanted out of her desperately, what better way than to beat up the person keeping her captive? She ignored the science lady and kept pressing forward with her own actions that speak miles louder than words.

Edited by Metty