Meet Trout. Trout just graduated from school, and he wants to see the great sights and taste some adventure (and delicious local desserts) before he settles back home in Chesterfield. He’s not a fighter, and he’s looking for some protection and guidance and maybe companionship as he explores.

My rough plan is to have a mostly light, funny, flavorful tour of some of the more famous places in Valucre. I’m not so worried about saving the world, just exploring it, meeting cool people, maybe getting kidnapped by bandits along the way, maybe getting eaten by a swamp monster, who knows?

If this sounds fun to you, feel free to post in this thread, or just hop in IC! My current plan is to post a bit in the Cap and Bells Market while Trout gathers supplies for the journey. I can think of at least four hooks for a character in this story:

1. Bodyguard
    Trout is looking to hire a bodyguard or two to keep him safe on his journey. The pay is good, with only a small chance of being swamp-monster food.
    Bonus if you can provide transportation (horses, van, flying carpet), I hear the lightning rail is down…

2. Traveling companion
    If you also want to see the sights and enjoy the exotic foods of Valucre, feel free to come along!
    It could be another local from Chesterfield, or any other character as long as it fits.
    Trout will eagerly try to talk anyone into joining him.

3. Sneaky type looking for a cover story
    If you want to scout out a particular place or run a covert mission without attracting attention,
    this could be a great cover story to explain why you’re snooping around Terrenus.
    Trout is not particularly worldly or difficult to fool.

4. Antagonist
    I think it’s a given that we’ll encounter troubles along the way. If your character is the trouble-making type, you might be looking for easy pockets to pick. I’m not sure how this would work exactly, but I’m open to suggestions.

I'm tempted because 1) you said light, funny, and flavorful and 2) my d&d character is a gnome bard and that would just be a terribly amusing cameo for me, not to mention save me the trouble of making a character

But concerned about taking too much on my plate too quickly, and what if importing her not as fun as I imagine, haha. 

Edited by Ace

9 minutes ago, Ace said:

I'm tempted because 1) you said light, funny, and flavorful and 2) my d&d character is a gnome bard and that would just be a terribly amusing cameo for me, not to mention save me the trouble of making a character

But concerned about taking too much on my plate too quickly, and what if importing her not as fun as I imagine, haha. 

I'd say go for it!  Does your gnome need a vacation?

I have an idea for a Kobold Warlock if you want a party of small races! The idea could fit a rogue too if we're magic heavy, and she was also initially inspired by a D&D game.... 

Though mine never took off and I reallllly want to use her still. 

Just a heads up that I am super new to this site as well :3 

Edited by Minuet of the Nightingale
minor clarification

On 2/2/2019 at 1:22 AM, Minuet of the Nightingale said:

I have an idea for a Kobold Warlock if you want a party of small races! The idea could fit a rogue too if we're magic heavy, and she was also initially inspired by a D&D game.... 

Though mine never took off and I reallllly want to use her still. 

Just a heads up that I am super new to this site as well :3 

A kobold warlock sounds good to me!  I wasn't expecting the whole party to be small races, but I actually think it'd be fitting and some good opportunities for humor ?

10 hours ago, Sanonymous said:

I'd be willing to put forth my human boxer/martial artist as a Bodyguard if you'd allow ? Bodyguard in the literal sense, as in humans are taller than dwarves so he can actually guard Trout with his body XD

Sure!  Are you thinking the Steve King character in your roster page?

4 hours ago, supernal said:

@omit_needless_words I haven't seen anyone reply to your post yet despite the interest here and don't want you to lose interest!

I can join in or just handle some NPC interactions until your partners get ready if you'd like ? 

Still planning on posting, just got a little caught up with life stuff. Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll get a chance to work on it! :3 

3 minutes ago, Minuet of the Nightingale said:

Still planning on posting, just got a little caught up with life stuff. Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll get a chance to work on it! :3 

Well then don’t mind me! I’m very much looking forward to it. Especially since it’s happening in the cap and bells