Ataraxy

Lost in a Maze! [A Reverie Event]

IIIIIITTTTTTT'S HEEEERRREEE!

Image result for giant maze fantasy

With the Reverie Ball still going strong and the T1e tournament getting ready to kick off, I want to officially announce the upcoming commencement of the Reverie Maze! Now, although people have already said they want to participate, it's been a while since the original Reverie thread went up (wow it's already February >.> *coughs*), so I'm putting this event into the Watercooler rather than the OOC board to see if anyone knew wants to participate or if anyone who said they did do not. No worries either way 😄 

But Ataraxy, you ask, is this gonna be some super complicated thing?

Nope! At it's very core the Reverie Maze is extremely simple. The goal is for your character to make their way through the maze and come out the other side. Think about the maze from Harry Potter during the Triwizard tournament or the little doodle things kids get at diners lol

Now, how do you do this IC so it's fair?

Easy! You post in the Dice Rolling Thread and look at the result you get for the D2. If you rolled a 1, you made the right turn! If you rolled a 2... BZZZZZZZZ wrong turn! Try again next round lol the OOC goal is to turn correct 5 times, ie roll five 1s. The cool thing about this is that it rolls automatically for you, so you literally just post, although for this it'd be nice if you posted your character name so we can tell what character rolled what. 

I could add more rules like, if you get three 1s in a row the third 1 brings actually subtracts a right turn but bleh, let's keep this nice and simple. Lemme know if you catch me complexity creeping. I do that sometimes lol

For the IC, PvP is limited to traps and slowing down and restricting, etc, for narrative purposes. Doesn't have an OOC effect but I think it'd be fun to add those in. Purely offensive attacks aren't allowed. So no trying to kill your opponent. Overly dangerous attacks will DQ a character (IC rules for realism!). 

Each round is either 1 week or when all participants have posted. I'll kick off each round with a big ROUND X post thing that says how many right turns each character have (would be super nice to add a YES or NO to your post depending on what your roll to make it easier for me kthx). 

No, your character cannot climb on top or run through the maze walls lol so don't even

The maze events ends when all participants are out of the maze, either by getting 5 right turns or giving up. Once you make it out of the maze you can stop posting. You can post a little victory dance post in the next round but you're done lol

The winner gets something. I dunno what yet. Bragging rights? Lemme know down below what you'd be interesting in recieving as a reward should you win. Or, if you don't know, the type of reward you'd like. 

Gonna try to get this going by Monday/ Tuesday-ish so that rounds start with the week's start and people can post on the weekends if they wants. 

Kk, gonna tag those who were interested. Lemme know if you still want in 😄 and if you're new lemme know too!

Currently, definitely, participating:

1. Me
  2. @Grubbistch
  3. @jaistlyn
  4. @LikelyMissFortune
  5. @Witches Brew
  6. @Dolor Aeternum
  7. @vielle
  8. @Thotification

Old peeps who were interested

Spoiler
  1. Me, cause this is awesome
  2. @vielle u were a maybe
  3. @Dolor Aeternum u were a maybe too
  4. @Thotification obviously
  5. @jaistlyn I know you're not back till the 7th so no worries. You'll have a bunch of time to post even if we start on Monday.
  6. @Grubbistch bring on the Luis
  7. @LikelyMissFortune *funny comment*
  8. @Praetorian ??? where u at man
  9. @Witches Brew u smell like trouble 

*I guess technically this is more of a labyrinth? Whatever. Maze, labyrinth, a girl's heart, all the same thing. 

Edited by Ataraxy

7 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Luis is of course in as well for this little adventure. 

Also a couple of catty twins looking for a little blind girl to put in a box. 

I wonder who that could be. I have no idea.

14 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Luis is of course in as well for this little adventure. 

Also a couple of catty twins looking for a little blind girl to put in a box. 

Prepare for trouble, and make it double!