Ataraxy

Heroes and Villains

2 hours ago, Sanonymous said:

So is this revival happening? It's been nearly a month with no words spoken.

My apologies. Got sidetracked. Thanks!

This is still in motion. I won’t set a date like I did last time but it’s not going to be a matter of months again.

Now for the pings:

@Ataraxy

@Tyler

@SteamWarden

@vielle

@Sanonymous

@danzilla3

@Thotification

@Die Shize

@Unicorgi

@Wade

@SweetCyanide

Eleven names. That’s a number.

One thread. That’s a bigger number.

Some of you may be AFV temporarily or permanently. Some of you may have withdrawn from the IC thread purposed for this OOC thread before the former faded away. Some of you may have already expressed interest in reviving our Heroes and Villains roleplay. All of you once participated in that very roleplay. 

You played a superhero, a supervillain, a bystander, an average Jane or Joe, and each one of you put forth posts that added to the power of our roleplay. We started alone with our characters, alone with our roleplayer’s agendas, but our characters came together and we as roleplayers united to create a spectacle of a roleplay even as some of our characters found themselves facing each other down.

Well, I say we revive what died. I say we give new life to what Ataraxy birthed (ew). I say that we start again—not from scratch but continuing from where we left off. I will wrap things up in that episode and guide us into the next one.

Where did we leave off? Many of us were at Palgard Hospital. The Serpents and the Spiders were at war and the Palgard Police were at the hospital to defend it. Each of our characters were doing their own thing. Some went solo the whole way. Others found one another. As their writers, we all found each other.

Now find me. Find yourself. Find each other. Accept me as the one who will help steer this roleplay in Ataraxy’s stead, or let him return to reclaim the reins. Either way, you will lead and be led as we all unite to drive plot and power into Palgard once again, as heroes and villains.

WHO’S WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

Edited by Die Shize

Well, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I'm afraid I'm not interested in rejoining this RP. Sorry. I wish you guys luck though!

4 hours ago, Tyler said:

Well, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I'm afraid I'm not interested in rejoining this RP. Sorry. I wish you guys luck though!

Thank you for letting me know! Enjoy your iced soda on the house!

2 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

If Tyler or Wade ever change their mind they are welcome.

And if anyone NEW gets their interest tickled, even if they've never participated in this roleplay before, THEY ARE WELCOME.

bow wow wubba wubba bow bow

I can make an announcement for this if you like. I’d suggest a separate / new check so people don’t get daunted by the 30+ pages 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

I can make an announcement for this if you like. I’d suggest a separate / new check so people don’t get daunted by the 30+ pages 

Yep. New check will come alongside the wrap-up of the current IC thread. Maybe others in the original eleven will catch my ping by then.

And an announcement sounds GREAT. I'll anticipate it with my upcoming interest check.

38 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

I hate, REALLY hate to ping again and again but, once more a month has passed with no word. I assume we'll abandon it at this point? Or should I hold out for hope?

It would just be three participants from the original roleplay out of everyone else.

I don’t mind taking off with just us three and seeing if any others want to join.

If you’re feeling more dedicated than me enough to remind me of my tardiness though then let nothing stop you from snatching the reins from my hands. Ataraxy was the GM for this roleplay. Using Kolvern, I tried to move toward taking the lead for the villains but I was never any deputy GM so certainly nothing is coded that I must be the one to revive things in spite of my offer.

I think it was just that you made the offer so the spotlight shifted towards you. It is good to remind people that hey this is actually a team effort but when you take up the reins don’t be surprised if people look at your hands and say hey he has the reins! 

... you should definitely continue with the people you have! Maybe San can lead the charge in a new thread? 

Edited by supernal