HollowCipher

A Heist in the Mountains

Ethan got a little reckless on his way out of the cave and almost revealed himself to a group of cyclopes, just barely managing to sneak passed them with a quick spin to his left. As he exited the cave he saw the horde of monsters moving around hurriedly, as if they were preparing for something. He slowly made his way through careful not to garner any attention from any of the monsters. Once he reached the camp he revealed himself and popped into the tent. Pulling a cigarette out he lit it and started smoking it excitedly, "Boys. I've found a door. Well I should say that THEY found the door and I overheard their conversation so I went and found the door. I put a sensor in the room with the door so hopefully you can give us a clue as to what is on the other side before we go through." He talked so rapidly that the cigarette he lit had completely burned down before he got the chance to hit it at all. He lit another one. "Also in the conversation I overheard they mentioned informing Hyperion that they are getting close so we probably want to move soon! We can not let him get his hands on the seed." He smoked down the rest of his cigarette and snubbed it out on his boot. He pulled out his dagger and started flipping it catching the blade between his thumb and forefinger. "So whats the plan? Dan-o any ideas?"

Dan arrived, a bit saddened to see Ethan there first. He'd thought of an awesome prank, tying Leo to his chair and gagging him, so that Ethan would get all paranoid. Then Dan'd scare the chain smoker so bad his hair'd turn white. Oh well.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:39 AM, Kayderyn said:

"Boys. I've found a door. Well I should say that THEY found the door and I overheard their conversation so I went and found the door. I put a sensor in the room with the door so hopefully you can give us a clue as to what is on the other side before we go through." Also in the conversation I overheard they mentioned informing Hyperion that they are getting close so we probably want to move soon! We can not let him get his hands on the seed." So whats the plan? Dan-o any ideas?"

"Yeah I see the door, and theres definitely stuff on the other side.... But I got nuthin on how to get in."

"No worries, cute stuff. And Ethan. So long as it isnt an airtight door, I can get in."
Dan crossed his ankles in the air and relaxed.
"I'll open the door fer the lovely lady Ethan, and we'll go right in and take it."

"Lemme know when you're near the exit when you got it, alright? I got sumthin fun ready."
"If it involves hogtying me, can we wait until we get back to Umbra?"
"It doesnt involve that. But I would love to when we got back. No no, this is a surprise. Ethan, could you do me a favor and hold an activated sonar orb all the time when you;re in there? Then I could tell you what's goin on. But drop it when you get the seed. Make SURE you drop it."

"If we're done talkin', lets go already."

Ethan grabbed a sensor off the table and winked to both Dan and Leo before disappearing into the shadows and heading towards the mouth of the cave. As he slowly led the way through the caves trying his hardest not to lose Dan he contemplated what could be on the other side of the door. Once he reached the door and making sure there was no one around he slipped back into view and looked towards Dan. "Alright here is the door. You're up buddy boy!"

Dan grinned when they reached the door. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, Kayderyn said:

"Alright here is the door. You're up buddy boy!"

"Alright then. Stand back Wraith, and watch a Master at work."
First, Dan set a little card down. It was in the shape of a golden rod, with a red orb at the top. Two green snakes curled up the rod. It was Dan's calling card. A Caduceus; the symbol of his father.

Dan stepped toward the door, and completely disappeared. He had dissolved into air, and slipped through the door. Oddly, the other side seemed to be completely tiled. He reformed, and his bare feet touched the ground. The tile was cold, and completely smooth.
Dan stopped gawking, and got an idea. An idea that made him grin.

"Okay. I'm on the other side. I.... can't see a way to open it. Hold on, I-"

That was a lie, there was an obvious handle right there.

"Wait, what ar-"

Dan banged on the door, making a banging sound on it.

"Ga- Fuck! Etha-"
Dan covered his mouth and yelled into his hand, slowly petering off, until he went quiet. He turned the handle, and opened the door. The second it started to open, he disappeared again, and waited for Ethan to walk inside.