supernal

A challenge for unusual characters

I did a thread like this back in 2015 and figure it's been long enough to re-issue the challenge 

The challenge is to you as an author to make a character (or use one if you already have one) that is 1) not human and 2) not (overtly) attractive

Play them for at least one full page of roleplay with another player or group of players, see what happens, and let us know how it goes. Note that the challenge isn't to catalog if you've done this in the past but the generation of new experience

45 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Hoping to get something going with one of these guys, then I'll let you know. 

latest?cb=20061018021244

I’ll do this challenge with you if you’re down. I’ll just put my char down later when I have one.

@EpicRome23

I see your name in this thread yonder you can join us feller it’n be a doozy heehee

Edited by Die Shize

latest?cb=20140608203240
My wonderful Reginald is a disgusting aberration known as a Worm That Walks, but he is becoming one of my favorite characters! I definitely recommend trying out new species and bizarre concepts; it gives a whole different perspective!  

32 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

I’ll do this challenge with you if you’re down. I’ll just put my char down later when I have one.

@EpicRome23

I see your name in this thread yonder you can join us feller it’n be a doozy heehee

I can set up a thread in a couple days if that's cool with you. 

6 minutes ago, Djinn&Juice said:

latest?cb=20140608203240
My wonderful Reginald is a disgusting aberration known as a Worm That Walks, but he is becoming one of my favorite characters! I definitely recommend trying out new species and bizarre concepts; it gives a whole different perspective!  

I like to think of myself as something of an advocate for trying out new characters and roleplay ideas. I’ve got a belt of successes—and failures!

Also, “Worm That Walks” is an awesome name. Reminds me of “Mountain That Rides”.

@Grubbistch

Sounds good mister I can dig it

@Grubbistch again

Unless I beat you to it—would that be okay? You could still reply to my thread in your couple of days. I’d be winging it unless you have a preferred premise in mind.

Edited by Die Shize

2 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

I like to think of myself as something of an advocate for trying out new characters and roleplay ideas. I’ve got a belt of successes—and failures!

Also, “Worm That Walks” is an awesome name. Reminds me of “Mountain That Rides”.

@Grubbistch

Sounds good mister I can dig it

Isn't it? It's actually from Dungeons and Dragons to be fair so I can't credit the species, but their creation and usual evil alignment made me want to try and make a character based around such a weird and gross concept and thus my worm wizard was born. He is definitely the most out there thing I have done in some time!

2 minutes ago, Djinn&Juice said:

Isn't it? It's actually from Dungeons and Dragons to be fair so I can't credit the species, but their creation and usual evil alignment made me want to try and make a character based around such a weird and gross concept and thus my worm wizard was born. He is definitely the most out there thing I have done in some time!

Perhaps the weirdest char I roleplayed as was a giant eyeball named “Eye Suffer”.

Debating whether to use it or a new char.

🤔 Sadly I'm not used to playing non-humans but I made an eldritch abomonation once named Prty.

Bit on unattractive ones...I have Sera, my bald, armless, legless, and heavily scarred lady. Then there's Anna who's obscenely obese. Also Holly after her whole body got roasted and she survived...she's rocking those ugly burn scars well....🤣🤣

Edited by Thotification

On 2/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, Thotification said:

Sadly I'm not used to playing non-humans but I made an eldritch abomonation once named Prty.

You might call her eldritch form ugly, but I appreciate the beauty in all the creatures of God's green earth.

...and all the ones NOT of God's green earth too. Haha.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, Thotification said:

Bit on unattractive ones...I have Sera, my bald, armless, legless, and heavily scarred lady. Then there's Anna who's obscenely obese. Also Holly after her whole body got roasted and she survived...she's rocking those ugly burn scars well....🤣 🤣

Scars are attractive, what are you talking about? XD

Edited by Tyler

20190212_224903_zpsujushhl0.jpg

Idea I thought up for just the occasion time to throw in something weird something feared by adventurers young and old. A beholder that really loves pretties and playing dress up with random crap adventures drop in her lair. 

Edited by Broken Mask