Broken Mask

Lost in the underworld:Vision quests in the underdark.

Deep under the cities of the world many secrets often hide deep in the shadows this particular town in the deep dark where many monsterious species came to trade their wares.

A lone dragons halfbreed minded her own shop of magical gems and other rare metals dhe had found exploring this wide expanse.. it had been a couple of days since she saw her favorite little oddball.

The purple scales deep dragon shined adjusting her inventory she had rented a rather large shop next door to a dwarven forge who often  came to buy some of her best stash of dark alloy for a new line of blades. 

Hearing a faint yell like a echo in the cave... Ready or not!  " Well well  speak of the devil and she shall appear." Opening her wing to extend her shadow to the pile of carpets drusilla would need a soft spot to land afterall.

As the sound of the Giggles came through she was kinda relieved to see her little human. The smell in the air made her growl deep in her throat as the second being came with her an elfish male...  but this smell it was like those monsters she found when she was exploring for the dark alloy.

As Drusilla turned to check on Rondo  Persephone's golden eyes widened seeing Drusilla. " What the hell happened to you Dru!? And what is this high elf looking son of a lytheralai doing here in the underdark!" 

The serpentine tail of the drakania snatched drusilla's left wrist pulling her close do she could look at her dhe had fangs and black and blue eyes now. And she smelled of those tentacle bastards. The brain eaters the illithids.

" Drusilla Wiltsire start explaining or I gas the pretty boy elf and he will tell me before I feed him to a roper!"

" Persephone look"  Drusilla pointed to her ring finer signifying the bond she and Rondo @Rin had. " You feed my husband to anything I'll slay your purple ass. Now let me explain woman !"

" Now drusilla why do you smell like a undead octoperson..."  

Edited by Broken Mask

Rondo grunted and groaned, not managing to miss every single rock and cliff as he landed on his back with an oof. 

He felt terrible, in pain and as his coloured eyes looked over to what looked like Druscilla and a purple dragon exchanging words. How hard did he hit his head? 

I think I broke my body. That was a hell of a trip. And now I see dragons. Which don't exist anywhere in Athentha. So I think I might be dead. 

Rondo sighed as he laid there as the two continued bantering. He looked up at the sky, possibly a little overdramatic. But he was still a bit in part. 

Dru are we dead? Did Valhalla kill us? Are we in hell?

" No babe we Ain't in hell there are nine 0f those and I know we arn't there...and Yes you are seeing a Deep dragoness who hails from Nich'e she has been exploring the underdark  of each land to expand her knowledge."

Drusilla laughed hearing her fiancee flabberghasted to see her fighting with her best friend of why she smelled so weird. . " Persephone I would like you to meet my mate Rondo. Rondo this is my best friend in the realm the purple diva... Persephone." 

" Flattery will only get You so far Drusilla. Pleasure to meet you Rondo..."  The dragoness would wave a hand to the male just giving Drusilla that look that meant nutshell version and now.

" Ok sis don't give me the look... ok I went to the market you sent me too for the coal ivy supply...I met Rondo here and he was a servant of dark goddess who tried to break my will....and then I woke up like this ... That about sum it up honey?"

Drusilla looked out to Rondo seeing if she had left anything out.

Edited by Broken Mask

Pretty much. 

Rondo said as he sat up and rubbed his head. He had only minor cuts and bruises, superficial wounding. He waved back to the dragon. It was weird seeing one to him and still kept him silent. 

But he shook his head, hitting is head, trying to get any rocks out that might have ended up in there on the fall down. The elf sighed softly as he looked around. 

I tend to forget the underdepths of the land exist at times. So, a dragon huh. Sounds neat. I've never seen one before. So, Dru, any idea where we are heading now that we are fugitives?

At those words, his heart sank. Rondo had a home, a job. He did do some things that would be called unlawful but not to this level. But standing there, he had a fianceé. Something traded for the old life. 

Equivalent  exchange. 

He sighed softly once more, rubbing his hand with that sheepish smile never waivering.

"Since when are you not a fugitive dru?"

The sarcasm of the halfbreed female. Her golden eyes looked at the Elven Male seemed like a lost lamb who wondered it's way up the mountain. Feeling sorry for the poor elf she opened a drawer near the counter pulling out a small healing potion. Tossing it to Rondo.

" Well you two welcome to the newest shop here in this little outskirts to the deep dark. Have not come up with a name yet but we are next door to dwarven forge so if you need any repairs I suggest going there..." 

Persephone looked over to drusilla.  A stern look as if both of them were using their mental charms on one another drusilla giving the wife eyed puppy look

" You two are not staying in my lair never again. Drusilla the last time you got in my books you almost got your skinny pale ass locked in a crystal prison..." 

" Damn it,Persephone you told me I could find myself a good to read you didnt say stay out of the cabinet where all the GOOD stuff is!"  Drusilla defended herself as Persephone let go of her wrist walking over to Rondo wrapping her arms about his waist. Hugging him close.

" Well love we just got to find ourselves a spot with with our complexion and my smell evidently. Things may not be too great unless we can grease the wheels so to speak." 

Drusilla looked to Persephone asking her for a loan was like financial suicide.Dragons love their hoard afterall, in their very being to collect and consume. But instead Drusilla had a plan in mind.  Leaning up to her soon to be husband Drusilla whispered against his ear. 

" My dear mdear few of your trinkets. I'm sure some of the gnomes will pay plenty of coin." Game set and match she knew the dragoness heard her and the chance for coin was far too good to pass up.

Rondo watched the two bicker like married couples made him laugh heartily. He liked seeing this as it lifted his spirits a bit. Taking the tonic, he slipped it into his pocket to keep for later just in case. 

It was here Druscilla wrapped her form against him as his cheeks flushed red a little, as he purred. He didn't want her to move from him selfishly enough. As she whispered into his ear he remembered then. 

Rondo's trinkets were family heirlooms as he managed to keep them in good condition. He shook his head as he gripped the bag tightly. It wouldn't be easy to just give up even one. 

But, but these are heirlooms. Not just mere trinkets. I don't think even a gnome has enough gold to pay for one. Besides, I don't think they'd want any of these. 

Rondo replied as he looked up at the dragon silently another minute. But he heard books. Possibly she had books that could change him. He wanted to make sure no one could find him again and he could begin his experiments once more. 

Though, if said dragon had a book on changing one's race and being, I could possibly give her some treasure. Something of an equal exchange.

" My the boy thinks he can have himself a bargain stuck. Boy, I dont want your treasures. In fact I sleep on more than I guarentee you have held in your long life.... " 

The gold eyes of Persephone and some of her bioluminescent scales glowed brilliantly with pride.

" Sadly the only race I could ever change you too is the dead...but, I know who can but the question is what can you do for me? I know my little dru has plenty of skills to earn her keep. " 

Persephone motioned to drusilla,

" Poison maker, demolition expert, apothecary, tinker of many terrors  and the list goes on . "

The prideful dragon had her taste to keep herself in the best of company... because no matter where you were you had a use. Especially there were two types in this dark world. The strong and the well connected. Persephone prided herself of being the creme del la creme of both.

Drusilla moved away from a Rondo with a grin on her face.

" You poked the dragon dear now you gotta make a deal with the purple one" 

drusilla moved to a kettle persephone had been keeping warm pouring herself a cup of tea. 

" You know you are not as cute as you think you are Dru..."

" Bitch! I'm adorable." Drusilla giggled getting herself and Persephone and Rondo a cup of tea.  Setting Rondo's on the table beside him giving him a kiss on the cheek. Before going to Persephone giving her a cup and finding herself a chair. Crossing her legs only wishing she had some snacks.

Not sure what I can deal with. My heart is already given to Dru. I, am not sure what I can do for you. 

Rondo said as he stared at the cup of tea on the table. In a different time and place, he'd happily drink it. But right now he didn't want it. He thanked Dru but politely declined. 

I have not much to even offer someone with so much. 

Shaking his head, he placed his head in his hands. He was still getting over the change of life.

Edited by Rin

Swing and a miss...  Drusilla thought to herself. With a sigh shrugging to herself. 

" You've never seen a dragon so you don't know this ....but those fairy tales of them wanting everything they can get their claws on... is true. And well the whole them wanting virgin thing well its for laying not slaying " Drusilla looked to persephone.

A rather deep growl came from Persephone. The way she looked at dru it was written all over fer face. 

That's right dracoslut I beat you too it. 

The thought was a sharp telepathic zinger to her close friend.The twisted humor of the two friends just  lead Drusilla to know to say this next. 

AND NO IT DIDN'T TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY. 

After that last mental zinger Drus stone face crumbled. Giggling her ass off. 

"Dru get out of my head" The pround dragoness, face twitched trying to fight back the laughter. Having to say that aloud.

" She isn't wrong... well totally wrong. I keep the best goodies to myself but as you can see I need inventory to keep this place going. What can you do for me to get a name and a location of someone who can help you but ... take my advise you have to learn to strike a better bargain." 

Persephone looked to drusilla.Knowing she was being soft , but he was Dru's mate she gotta see if he was worthy of her Dru. Dragons can often see of those close to them as part of their horde... a twisted side to the evil ones.

So all you want is a name and a location to sell wares? And a place for us to relocate?

Rondo asked as he looked up. True, he had no idea how to handle dragons even in the best of times. He'd never seen one before now. Saying nothing then as he rummaged around in his pocket. 

It was five minutes or so before he produced the small slip of paper, his sloppy handwriting all over it. 

I kept the name of the city since it houses the best wares, along with the best supply dealers and shoppes. Easily to set up and sell things. Rondo said before looking at the paper. Serphus Alumnus. The ocean city of grandiose. Full of ripe opportunities. 

Will this do dragon? Will you give me the book to change my entire being, to be the perfect eternal mate to Druscilla?

He looked at Perserphone with those pleading coloured eyes of his. It was the one selfish desire he had. That sheepish smile returned as his cheeks burned with embarrassment. 

Oh, well I definitely can make you a few items to sell. Just tell me what you need done. And I'll see if it can be done. Sound fair?

Edited by Rin