Annabelle Higgins

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Hey, welcome to Valucre!

While I’m sure the official welcoming committee will swoop in here soon enough with links to helpful articles and virtual cake, feel free to send any questions my way if you need some help navigating the site. 

Now I have a question for you: What kind of stories would you be interested in writing? There are numerous locations in Valucre that cater to high fantasy, and even some that are great for horror based narratives!

Welcome to Valucre! ❤️ 

This site has been absolutely fantastic for honing my writing skills and I'm sure it'll be the same for you. It's the perfect balance between established-setting and freeform roleplay, and whatever you may be looking for, it's going to be in here somewhere 😄 We have Western train robberies, eldritch-horror nightmare lands, game-of-thronesesque noble house politicizing, underground-temple artifact-hunting, empire-building, rocket ships, teahouses, and more!

New Member Guide is a must-read. If you want to jump straight into roleplay, have a look at the interest checks in the Water Cooler.

Feel free to reach out for any questions ^_^

@KittyvonCupcake, and @Csl

I appreciate the welcome, thank you guys!

That's excellent! I would have never imagined Valucre had places for suitable horror like that, I'd love to hear more about it!  As you're probably aware, I'd like to get into the horror genre. I would also enjoy to try stories that are primarily made to make people laugh. I also have a friend here named @Tex that has a military story going on, and I want to hop into that and expand on having a character in the military; I've never done that. I also want to get into the habit of writing more believable male characters. In truth I don't have a real list of things I'm willing to try. I kind of came with the mindset that I want to try it all, and it really sounds like you guys have it! I have a feeling this place is going to be everything I'm looking for. Thank you again 😁

On 2/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, Annabelle Higgins said:

Greetings folks!

If you happened to click on this introduction, thank you for taking the time out of your day!

I'm a horror movie fanatic and I have a passion for writing that has waxed and waned over the years. I've known about this place for what seems like forever, but never had the ambition to jump in and stick around. I'm looking for hobbies to get back into because my life has become filled with monotonous work since moving out of my parents place five years ago. Video games, books, webcomics, netflix and food are my whole life.

Now let's get down to brass tacks-

I want to make an effort to get into many different genres. I usually tend to gravitate towards high fantasy and romance but to become a better writer I need to get outside of my comfort zone. I believe that it's important for me to let you guys know I post kind of slowly (though I'm not sure if you all will consider it 'slow' since we're not a chat site, but a forum). I want to make quality work and my life can get hectic, so it just takes time. 

I'm really excited to create interesting stories with you all!

Happy Writing!

-Annabelle

Wow, that's a lot of likes! You've made quite a splash. Whatever it is that pushed you over the line in the sand to actually signing up I'm happy for it. Welcome to Valucre, at long last!

As it so happens I adore horror movies. There's a few chat and/or movie threads floating around here, we should talk up a storm on it one day. I lean away from gratuitous torture movies but don't mind gross scenes a la Kronenberg. One of my favorite movies is The Thing (1982), and I love the body snatchers franchise, and movies like it, including /especially The Faculty

Valucre is very much a place where you can either find what you're looking for, or make it. Some people adore long posts and don't mind waiting to get them, other people prefer shorter posts that they can get more regularly so they can stay engaged, and everything in between; many people, like me, will juggle a few different threads and get a fix for both. But one thing I can say for sure, with confidence and a smile, is that we've got quality here

Let me know if you end up wanting to get into the Terrenus military like Tex, or if you just have any questions

See ya around!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I would 'at' you all but it seems I'm having a little trouble doing so. Sentient I would be more than happy to go thread searching with you, and Supernal we will definitely be in touch!

I also think its important for me to mention I have limited internet access but that should change some time in the future. 

Happy writing!