King

Genesaris AMA.

This is a continuation of the previous Genesaris AMA. This thread will be used for Genesaris proper (the main content) and also any universal information that might pertain to the subboards therein. For specific information regarding the lands inside of the Genesaris primary boards, I encourage you to visit their individual AMAs: Orisia, Imperial South, Nvengaria, and the Datsuzoku Empire (provide the links and I'll put the others up here).

The Genesaris landing page should be your main source of information and covers a wide variety of topics, from culture to economics. It is constantly changing and evolving, so make sure to check back frequently. For the sake of archiving and quick-finding, I will update this first post with a list of questions that as asked so that you can find them and the discussions that follow.

3 hours ago, Ataraxy said:

@King

Is there a way to challenge for the Cornerstones before the standard 60 days pass?

The "challenge system" is pretty much a way for a player to go on a quest for a relic that is currently in the hands of an inactive player. It isn't a, "A new opponent has stepped into the arena" type thing. If someone is active and they have a relic that you want, you can fight them for it. But, you'll have to 1) have a legitimate way to figure out that their character has the stone and 2) win the fight.

13 minutes ago, King said:

The "challenge system" is pretty much a way for a player to go on a quest for a relic that is currently in the hands of an inactive player. It isn't a, "A new opponent has stepped into the arena" type thing. If someone is active and they have a relic that you want, you can fight them for it. But, you'll have to 1) have a legitimate way to figure out that their character has the stone and 2) win the fight.

Gotchya. That makes sense. 

Do you have a default system (like MOBS) for the fight in mind or just let the players decide? 

16 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Gotchya. That makes sense. 

Do you have a default system (like MOBS) for the fight in mind or just let the players decide? 

I'm down to let the players decide all of the details. If nothing can be agreed upon by the two parties, then I will decide for them.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, supernal said:

I made a museum in ursa madeum and I want to feature a piece from each continent. Is there art or an artist I can reference for genesaris?

An example - https://www.valucre.com/topic/41828-museum-of-global-art-and-history/?do=findComment&comment=754389

Sending you a DM right now.

So the swords of the high Lords lock you out of getting any Artifact for any character on the forum, but functionally the Cornerstones have more power than the stones, and can still allow you to get other artifacts for both yourself and other characters you make on the forum.

I understand that one can still get a Cornerstone when they have one of the Highland swords, but that doesn't negate the fact that the most restrictive Artifact on the forum is weaker than something that doesn't even count as a certified Artifact.

So what's up with that?

On 2/25/2019 at 2:54 AM, Flame Hero: Endeavor said:

What would happen if my character ate an exalta prism? 

2 hours ago, Thotification said:

@King What happens if my character eats an Exalta Black Prism or just the plain old crystal or prism?

They're extremely volatile. There's a high chance that they would explode inside said character, killing them.

8 minutes ago, King said:

They're extremely volatile. There's a high chance that they would explode inside said character, killing them.

Can Linda Linda harness their energy if she's backed by Baeoi's power without dying in the process? 😊

Edited by Thotification

18 minutes ago, Thotification said:

Can Linda Linda harness their energy if she's backed by Baeoi's power without dying in the process? 😊

No. That isn't what the sword does, lol.

18 minutes ago, Flame Hero: Endeavor said:

Is it possible to absorb the energy from them? 

Yes, if you have an item or device that lets you harness energy from things. There are plenty of airships that do it.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, Grubbistch said:

So the swords of the high Lords lock you out of getting any Artifact for any character on the forum, but functionally the Cornerstones have more power than the stones, and can still allow you to get other artifacts for both yourself and other characters you make on the forum.

I understand that one can still get a Cornerstone when they have one of the Highland swords, but that doesn't negate the fact that the most restrictive Artifact on the forum is weaker than something that doesn't even count as a certified Artifact.

So what's up with that?

My apologies for the delayed response. I didn't even see this message.

So, there's a lot up with that.

The artifact system has undergone a slight change. All relics/artifacts are now linked per-player, which essentially means the relics themselves are now all on the same wavelength in terms of strength classification. Even though I haven't finished crafting the sub-legendary/sub-exotic relics, if you compare the power of the three lost swords to other s-class artifacts around the forum, they are incredibly powerful. They also retain this level of power across the board (meaning they're just as strong in Terrenus, Renovatio, or Genesaris). I feel that when set beside other "certified relics," as you put it, they're more than deserving of their limitation.

It's clearly stated this is not the case with the cornerstones. The Cornerstones are only able to reach their full potential inside of Genesaris-- in which case I am the authority on that matter. Beyond that realm of interaction, a cornerstone's strength could very well be halved, or reduced even further (depending on the board leader's prerogative). That being said, the stones-- like all of the relics I've created --are subject to change. So, there's no need to panic. And, of course, there's no need for you to participate in a quest you don't want to.

Hope that answers your question.

Edited by King

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.