Thotification

Crystal Farming or Certain Death? [Exalta Prism Quest]

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

A village somewhere in the Great North of Whispernight...

There was a woman, who fancied calling herself the Madame. Recent events led her to the possession of a powerful artifact, the legendary blade known as Baeoi. She was rather distressed with the blade's lack of redeeming qualities as she expected its full might to be fully unleashed once it was claimed by her. Sadly this never came to be as the legendary blade was but the shadow of her former glory. This prompted her to somewhat work on the blade itself, learning its secrets and perhaps unlock its full potential.

The blade, however, would have to wait as the Madame was made to wait as well. Waiting for perhaps some assistance? She was in Whispernight after all, and the eldritch hordes that plague this land were too much for a weak and defenseless lady like herself. This is why she needed some assistance. This is why she is at the local tavern, sitting at a lonely corner while sipping tea. Sitting on her lap was the legendary blade, Baeoi itself, sheathed and sealed. She will learn more of its secrets once she started doing what she does best, vanquishing beasts.

In this case, however, the Madame was about to eliminate as many of those eldritch abominations lying in those hills as much as possible. She might even get an Exalta crystal or two but she would not count on it. For now, she must be patient for the arrival of her helpers. She did send out a request after all. 

@Flame Hero: Endeavor

Edited by Thotification

Arashi stepped into the Tavern, glancing down the people inside as she stepped in her full high-tech armour with her helmet on. They seemed to all go about their daily business after being intimidated enough by the armoured draconian. She walked over to the bartender. "So, where is this legendary cherry juice I've heard of?" 

"Oh...it's right here....miss. Free of charge...just for you. Please don't kill us... " He said, intimidated and placing a bottle of what seems to be cherry juice on the counter. Arashi picked it up, going over to the table that Madame was sitting at and sitting down. Arashi takes her helmet off, going to drink some of the juice by opening the bottle and well stops for a second to talk. "So your the one that asked me. What is this about? I'm busy trying to deal with those Terran scumbags after they literally fried me nearly to death."

KHAKINA "KHAKI" KHATUN (INTERLUDE )

While the Madame was waiting languidly inside the tavern, there was another woman- a little girl- standing outside of it. She was clad in garments the color of darkness only to be trimmed with the occasional accentuated highlights bathed in the color of blood. The girl, was just there, her small, slender frame leaning against the tavern wall, watching those that happen to enter the humble establishment. 

Unbeknownst to all, this girl was but another one of the Madame's old contacts. She was the girl known as Khakina Khatun or in the mouths of the cults, the Pretty Paragon. Ever since she and the Madame had reunited during the events at the Velhetian desert, Khaki was on the Madame's tail, shadowing the woman's every move. So far, the little girl has yet to find some kind of bargaining chip to blackmail the Madame into resurrecting the recently dissolved Blackspear Cartel.

So Khaki just stood there for now, watching. Patiently, watching.

Edited by Thotification

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

"So you're the one that asked me. What is this about? I'm busy trying to deal with those Terran scumbags after they literally fried me nearly to death."

The Madame painfully tore her longing gaze at the wrapped legendary artifact, Baeoi, nestled rather lewdly between her shapely legs and instead eyed the newcomer. The voice was familiar, the face was rather familiar too and, in fact, that woman's appearance gave the Madame that familiar feeling of irritation. This was not who she expected to come but any help is welcome after all.

Daintily setting her teacup atop the table, the Madame glanced at the newcomer, assessed the woman from top to bottom. Yep, this one's Arashi alright. Arashi in the flesh. Thankfully the Madame had lost her previous features making her current visage rather unfamiliar to those who once knew her. 

"Truth be told, I wanted to test my newest toy," the Madame spoke, pointing to the wrapped blade at her lap, "and also I would need assistance in reaching the next town. But to reach the next village would require us to pass through the hills. It won't be easy with all those eldritch abominations running about."

@Flame Hero: Endeavor

"You want me to help you? At what cost? I don't exactly do mercenary work for free. That's some lame ass stuff for volunteers. Not my style. If I really wanted to do stuff for free, I'd be killing my employer and taking their money if they didn't pay me." Arashi crossed her arms, looking a bit annoyed at the madam. "Unless you give me some sort of payment, I am not helping you. Gotta pay for food and a bed somehow." 

Yeah somehow...apart from scamming people and stealing their money, leaving people to literally die from famine because of my greed. This is all nothing. I need it. I need wealth so I can become more powerful.

Arashi looked down on the sword and just laughed at the fact it was wrapped. She honestly thought it was nothing more than a toy at that point.

The Madame frowned. It seems mercenaries nowadays do lack the necessary tact and manners. Such uncivilized behavior is so unbecoming. She rolled her eyes then at this so-called "mercenary."

"I highly doubt your even capable of taking me down. Much less harm me. Not in this continent at least." She lifted her cup to her lips, enjoying her long pause with a sip of tea. "You're impatience truly disappoints me." 

"You will get your payment both in gold. And in a kind. The abominations we are to kill contain Exalta crystals which you can sell or make use of however you see fit."

"If you really want power though, I suggest you start hoarding toys." The Madame pointed at the wrapped blade for emphasis. "Wealth could only get you so far."

The Madame frowned as she set her cup again. Her last words were rather hollow as she was, in fact, a very wealthy individual.

"Althogh with an attitude like that, I can understand why no one would hire you."

Edited by Thotification

KHAKINA KHATUN THE PRETTY PARAGONdXKDZHV.png

The little girl outside the bar let loose a brief chuckle. The conversation within the was certainly amusing. In fact it was too amusing that she was unable to control herself from laughing. Poor Madame. But it seems this Arashi chick did not know who the Madame truly was. Nevertheless, the little girl had to give it to the Madame for controlling her emotions. It was just a rather interesting event. With her heightened senses, how can the little girl pass on such a wonderful scene?

But the day is not over yet as the little girl would suddenly sense this feeling of foreboding. It reeked or malice and terror. It was something similar to the monster that lived within her, the parasite that made the Paragon something entirely not human. She can sense dozens of these horrors approaching. They are coming down from the hills and down towards this poor village. Whatever happens next will not be a pretty sight for these poor villagers. 

The Pretty Paragon prepared herself for the coming battle.

"Tch. I hoped there was more to this, but I guess that'd be payment enough." Arashi growled as she finished the cherry juice, placing the bottle on the table and putting her helmet back on. "Much less harm you? Don't make me laugh. I bet you can't harm a fly with that attitude. I've beaten up people that say their strong when they really aren't. So don't me laugh in your face lady." Arashi smirked from under her helmet. This was amusing. Despite having being beaten up by the Peacekeeper, Arashi still held that familiar tone of arrogance well. One that would send her into possible doom someday unless she had something to back it up. 

She had no power or anything interesting to do so. She was just weak at the moment after all. Talk about her luck. Maybe she'd get lucky and develop her powers.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA 

Before the Madame could voice her answer, there came the sudden shouts and howls of the village people. It seems the horde of eldritch abominations arrived faster than she had expected. Everyone inside the tavern was batshit scared of this development but before the place devolved into chaos, one of the walls caved in and from that side came three abominations.

The Madame, being a kind-hearted lady, merely shrugged at the sudden change of pace and cocked her dainty head at the abomination's direction. "Well if you don't mind, dear employee. Care to show me some of your skills? I'd like to see just what abilities you may have that you were so proud of?"

Downing the whole cup in one giant un-lady-like gulp, the Madame then set the cup on the table while her piercing yellow eyes seemed to bore straight into that helm.

"Do not disappoint me."

As she saw the abominations, Arashi picked up what seemed to be a nearby table (not the one the mistress is sitting at) using her strength and threw it directly at the three eldritch monsters in front of her, before going to continue throwing objects at the monsters. Talk about collateral damage. The draconian surely lives up to her name. Maybe these folks need Arashi insurance from how much damage she's gonna make. 

"Take that, you pieces of shit!"

ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS

While the dragon half-breed may have been trying her hardest but the eldritch abominations are no weaklings either. If they can easily tear down the tavern wall, what can wooden tables do to their strong and powerful bodies? The tables merely break and shatter upon impact. The monsters merely shrugged it off as if the tables were mere flies. They weren't even alarmed. Mostly just mildly amused.

These were truly horrifying creatures. One cannot even call them beings of this region, much less the lands beyond this realm. To the mundane mortal's eyes, these being are beyond comprehension, their appearances do not conform to any logic nor reality. They are but a mishmash of flesh and skin and bones but in no particular order.

What are they truly after? One may never know.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

So Arashi hasn't fully healed. Those antics of hers at Tia only made her condition worse.

The Madame sighed. She should have expected this. These abominations are tougher than most and unless someone uses extreme force, they would be hard-pressed to break through their formation.

Not that they have any formation at all.

She picked up her blade then but there's no point in unsheathing it. It will only make matters worse for now. She had suspicions regarding Baeoi's true worth. It would be bad if those were to come true. This legendary artifact might be the hardest of the three legendary blades that were supposed to exist in this land's myths.

"Mercenary! Use stronger attacks. They will only regenerate if we keep flipping tables at them!"

Edited by Thotification

Arashi growled, noticing the tables were destroyed easily. She didn't want to use her powers but it seems she has no choice at the moment. Looking at the abominations in question, Arashi looked at them for any weak points before charging forward. Her strength flowing through her right arm at max strength before she let out a punch using that same strength directly at the chest of one of them. Her armour absorbed the recoil of her strength, allowing her to keep on punching. While this was only 5% of her power at the moment, it was still worth an effort.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Seeing Arashi take down one of the eldritch abominations, the Madame Linda Linda nodded in assent.

She might be useful after all. Well, just a little bit. As bait probably.

The Madame Linda Linda was on the move as well the legendary artifact Baeoi on her hands. She faced the other incoming eldritch abominations then, her body at the ready.

This won't end well. Baeoi is too fickle with its opponents. These things are alive so there's no point in cutting them if Baeoi will only heal them again.

So she opted for another route. She manifested a fragment of the True Black Spear then, a spear made of pure energy into her free hand. She threw it to the nearest eldritch abomination. The spear bore a hole through where its chest should have been and the beast then slumped to the ground dead.

Want not, waste not.

She moved then to recover what was inside the beast. A single exalta crystal. She knew then that her assumptions were correct.

This will fetch a good price in the black market.

"Mercenary!" the Madame called out, "Do not forget to collect the crystals with your kill."

The Madame unsheathed Baeoi then to cut through the tavern wall since all exits are blocked by the endless number of eldritch abominations. 

"Follow me! We must go now!"

NARRATIVE

And so the Madame, aided by the strange mercenary named Arashi, escaped from the tavern before they get overrun by the horde of eldritch abominations. This was quite the exhilarating experience for these two travelers. The duo carved a path through the mob of eldritch abominations, while never missing the local exalta crystal that was produced with each abomination slain.

Meanwhile, there was also the Pretty Paragon trailing behind them in hopes of guaranteeing their safety. The Paragon was confident since she was also one part eldritch abomination and was, in fact, consuming every dead abomination she happens upon. So it is a win-win situation for both parties.

But this was not the end as the group would soon pass the hills and arrive at the next village....

@Flame Hero: Endeavor - **Note: Your next post would be about Arashi protecting the Madame form the abominations as they go down the hill.