princeben07

Abraxis Starts Anew (Side-Quest: Open)

Alright...it seemed best at the moment to take a passive role to this.  He nodded silently and smiled nervously as this student took a slightly calmer tone towards Ouros, hoping that showing compliance would further this new trend.  Unfortunately, no acquiescence on Ouros' part could stop Avus from threatening the entire school with death, to which the somewhat-doctor could only recoil in horror at.  Obviously whatever the demon-dude wanted was very urgent, and absolutely could not wait for people to get out of the way as he dragged Ouros by the wrist to what looked like the school's stairs.  Right past his classroom, at that.  He would take a moment to ineffectually yell at whoever was inside the classroom to hold on just a few more minutes before being taken up the stairs, still internally clamoring to return to both safety and his paycheck.  For the moment, however, he seemed stuck.  But hey...could be worse.  He could be getting savagely murdered.  Although that was probably where this would end up if Ouros didn't play his cards right.

Seeing a pair of school security guards on the second floor just kind of staring at Avus, Ouros would flash them a bit of a smile and a thumbs up...though judging by how quickly they turned and walked away, it seemed as though they had no intention of doing their jobs to begin with.  Who would, given the ungodly power this kid seemed to possess.  Come to think of it, why was anyone coming to school to begin with knowing an eldritch horror could probably bust their brains out at any given moment?  No wonder he got hired to be the substitute, nobody else in the universe was dumb enough to come.

It seemed the school would have to hire some door repairmen too, as this boy just punched the damned doors to the roof out with his free hand without breaking so much as a sweat!  Now it was a definite that this strange being wasn't just all bluster...he had the smack to back up the smack talk.  Ouros had dealt with raging barbarians with clubs and angry university deans before but...there was something about this kid that seemed totally out of the league he was used to fighting up until now.

The unease only magnified as he was now presented with a choice: solve this kid's problem, or die at the hands of his Master.

But..as scared as Ouros was, he still had somewhat of a spine.  And he wasn't just going to sign off on some contractually-binding demon agreement without at least knowing the terms.

"H-hold up, hold up for just one bloody second now.  Let's just take this calmly, alright?  I'm not going anywhere, you can stop crushing my wrist, I promise I'm not going to do anything dumb, alright?"

Should the tension deflate enough, Ouros would continue on.  "Now...my friend.  Avus, Avus Insectium, right?  Now I'm...I'm Ouros.  Ouros Lugoff, but you can just call me Ouros, alright?  So with the introductory schmuckery out of the way...I just want to say this.  I know you have a problem or two to solve, and I'm very happy to help solve them with you.  But first, I need to know what both they, and your Master are, and second, I really, REALLY can't afford to lose this research money...I am on the fucking brink of perfecting biological flight aerodynamics, and bottling dragonfire that can burn through solid mithril!  And this just so happens to be a massive freaking roadblock between me and making the world at least twenty times more interesting..."

Ouros sighed deeply and closed his eyes as he felt his frustration with the situation rising.  He could hear his rational mind telling him to chill.

Unfortunately, he left his chill behind about three floors ago.

"So...please...while we're here...on the roof of some random high school on a planet, in a galaxy, probably in a universe I've literally never seen before until today...please, please, provide me the common courtesy of EXPLAINING TO ME WHAT THE HELL YOU DRAGGED ME UP HERE FOR!"

Oof.  At least he'd probably get snapped in half while feeling mighty good about getting that off his chest.

O_O

Sometimes the Invectium or the Human-like Owl-Thingy took things a bit too far!!! Avus would then sit on the roof floor for a minute and cross ITS arms in deep thought.

AVUS!!! at a time like THIS??? seriously???

"You seem to be some sort of Scientist I take it then? Then I have a proposition for you to ponder upon then. Take into account of my lovely cousin Abraxis  Jenee Invectium, aged of a most certain 17-24 years of age. Unfortunately, she is suffering from some sort of mental shock or breakdown. She doesn't know how to bathe herself, how to even feed herself, how to defend her emotional status either. Now I am sure to recall the consequences of your refusing to take this little mission to properly diagnose, prescribe and to alleviate this sickness so that she may function in a normal Society...that which I urk about. I most certainly would have the financial constituates for your research should you complete this level of uhm...hmm......Sanity.

There would be much financial success in this for you if you were to undertake this request.....no...demand...yes...demand.......No longer shall I request for things to be done by...well, you are exactly HUMAN now are you? I find this mildly entertaining.

Well, I'm off.......I'm sure that you can find your way back to your classroom. Here is my address. Feel free to drop by after school then my good Dr. To NOT do so would be catastrophic. And I always get my way......I'll be more than obliged to pay the School and the Board of Directors to get those doors fixed as well...we can't have psychos running around here threatening people now CAN we? Toodles!!"

Abraxis fell to the lunchroom floor...defenseless.....The Security Guards would not allow for her Conduit Argon to even enter the school!! Two girls laughed as Abraxis tried to pick herself up...her pretty Uniform now stained with juice and Milk. She did not want to panic though: to do so would mean death from her previous years in Kindergarten: the bodies; the flames, the blood shed; she didn't want her past to keep repeating itself over and over again. She had to think of a way to make some kind of peace, but she was used to being picked on, laughed at and maimed by others.

"You think because your dumb-ass can't talk that you are better than the rest of us you stuck-up bitch? Who in the hell do you think you ARE? Trying to dress up like a pretty super model or something?" Said one girl, who now grabbed poor Abraxis by her ponytails, making her cry. Avus took notice to this and whistled loudly. The entire lunchroom stopped talking immediately!!! Security guards bolted into the room, only to come to a complete standstill; no one wanted a piece of this Purple-haired menace named Avus!!!

"Let......

Go....

of....

her... hair Michelle....

Now......"

By now, the other three girls had become pale in the face; what in the seven hells had they done this time? Avus strolled on over to the scenario, noticing that Abraxis had pissed on herself as well. Avus knelt down and ran ITS index finger through the puddle, now sniffing it. IT then stood up, turning around to the girls with a sadistic look on ITS face.

"Very well then. DO you ALL want to know WHY Michelle is SOOO easy to fuck? She has a thing for her Uncle and her Brother!!! My what times they have in that guest house some of YOU probably have been over to a few times; Michelle you reek of yesterday's booze and Semen. If I ever catch you breathing the SAME AIR Lady Abraxis does, I will make sure you will not get past having a job as a stripper, let alone try to get into college. Mimsie over here keeps HER figure so thin by forcing herself to purge everything that she ingests....and her bra is padded. Devonte over there? he has a thing for guys in the locker room after school.....hence which is why he keeps his mouth shut most of the time..There are too many COCKS in it most of the time as well. The Lot of you have Devils inside of you and I can't fathom how you all wake UP each morning. Some student body you ALL are....Come on Lady Abraxis...I will get you a fresh bath and get you dressed into some fresh clothes."

Avus then took Abraxis by her hand, now tying his Uniform shirt around her waist, smirking sheepishly at Michelle, who just stood there in awe and in embarrassment. Avus then took his left foot, quickly sweeping Michelle, making her fall forward, and right into the puddle of urine, FACE first!!!

"Ohh dear.....I'd rather be pissed OFF, then pissed ON!!! Come lady Abraxis!!"

Noone dared to say anything at all. The Security Guards radioed in what had just taken place, as the Principal shook her head; Avus was up to ITS antics yet again, and she was powerless to do anything about since IT was protected by a certain set of laws which prevented human interferences. They were to walk down the hall, as students and teacher alike only stared helplessly at the both of them; unable to even form a sentence, or even a form of an apology. It was not like this at school everyday, but ONE day would change the welfare state of the entire staff for the rest of the School Year!!!

Edited by princeben07

Well.  Maybe this kid wasn't a demon after all.  In fact, the reason Avus had dragged him up here would have made his actions downright saintly, but for the amount of property damage and casual kidnapping he'd employed to get what he wanted.  He was just looking out for his cousin, who seemed like she'd been traumatized greatly...though Avus must have been desperate to come to a guy like Ouros for answers.  He had to admit, he wasn't entirely on the right side of sane sometimes either.  Treating psychological issues wasn't exactly his forte.

But, even if the reason and offer he was about to make was far more selfish, however, the money, the not-so-subtle threats, and the simple fact that SOMEONE around here was finally acknowledging that, believe it or not, he did indeed possess an entirely legitimate doctorate in Esoteric Biology, were plenty enough on their own to get the lizard-like scientist to change his tune on the situation.

Hopefully this kid wouldn't catch onto the fact that he had absolutely no conventional medical knowledge beyond how to apply a band-aid.  

"...Sure thing!  Just...uh...please don't threaten me anymore, coercion won't be necessary, I assure you.  But just know that I won't take payments unless they're in precious metals, really hard to convert extradimensional currency into my own.  And also, to be honest, can you give me a little more info on the situation?  Like, is it congenital?  Or did something happen to her....or...wait a minute, how did you know about my human....life..."

Unfortunately, it seemed as though the Invectium had already walked down the stairs while Ouros was busy monologuing to the air.  He looked at the address he was given for a moment before stuffing it into one of the pockets on his labcoat; this Avus guy knew far too much about him.  He really should have been a lot more concerned.

But...there was money involved, and the ability to study a brand-new species up close and personal.  Scientific discovery and funding...probably the most useful motivations in the world to get a guy like Ouros moving.  He couldn't help but want to dig deeper into this mysterious Avus and his curious cousin.  Figuratively.  Not literally, of course.  Unless he could get away with a little biopsy somewhere here and there.

He sighed in hopeful relief before turning back to the stairs, hoping to quickly get his classes over with. 

On his way there, he noticed a girl squirming around in a puddle of fluid, with a crowd gathered round gawking at the scene.  He could only grimace in response, but more so towards the utterly useless security guards that stood around like lumps on a log, instead of helping this kid out.  Probably Avus' doing again, given that this seemed to be the stock reaction they had to his antics. 

Noticing the principal, his current employer, also looking on in disappointment, he couldn't help but give her a bit of a sneer as he stood in the doorway of his classroom.  "Nice establishment you've got here.  Can't even handle a moody teenager.  I guess I should put in my application for substitute principal at this rate, mm?"

Before she could respond, he had already shut the door before looking back at the class of kids he was supposed to have started teaching at least 20 minutes ago.  He gave them the most winning smile he could possibly muster.

"So.......who wants to learn how to regenerate amputated limbs with manticore gizzards?"

A few hours later, Ouros, rejuvenated by a rather thrilling demonstration he'd done for his last class involving an improvised sodium explosive and a watermelon, had finally finished the school day, and was currently exiting a taxi he had hailed.   It seemed like a quaint little place...and within, his newest experiment...um, patient, rather, was most likely waiting for him.  Only a door and an intercom system stood in his way.  Pressing the talk button with one clawed finger, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Uh...it's Ouros Lugoff here, the guy you dragged to the rooftop earlier?  I've come to help with your cousin."

Edited by Chemister_Kaane

The buzzer rang loudly, as Lady Avixis (Aus' Mother, Biological Entity...No scientific Record of her creation from Point 1, according to notes from DCN and ASCAB Laboratories, xx36 AD) was to flounce through the Den's hallway, now slipping on some socks and shoes, as she tried her best to answer the Buzzer from Ouros.

"Hold ON Dr. L!! I'm ON my way..just be patient!! I have to input the security coeds to let guests in...My Husband's Orders!! heheheh..."

She bolted all of the way down the 25 foot-long driveway, now smiling: Maybe someone...just SOMEONE could get Abraxis out of her "Funk."

"Oh, hello there....our other Doctor got called away for more business, but I cannot simply wait for you to see my Niece. Oh, you're most welcome here. Let me get the lock for a second..hehehe..." She said, looking most precocious!! She was dressed in a very short tee-shirt, almost revealing her panties. Avixis did not care much for appearances and trying to impress people; she just liked being herself.

"Follow me and I'll introduce you to...............oh my...well THERE SHE IS!!! Abraxis....? Abraxis...I want to introduce you to your new Doctor!!! He is going to cure you hopefully. Avus has told me SOOOO much about you already....I know you're into creepy experiments...so who else could qualify for this job? There is PLENTY of Money in this for you and the Rare metals that you are probably looking for..I have to make ONE PHONE call and you will have UNLIMITED resources for your endeavors, heheheheheh...come....COME up to her..she won't bit Dr..." Said AVixis...who actually looked stressed; she was hoping that Dr. Ouros COuld Help.....

Abraxis was holding Lady Argos' hand tightly....she didn't like meeting new people; they always abused her and treated her poorly. She was dressed in her School Uniform though; they had just LET her represent the School, even for as bad as those girls treated her. Avus would probably rectify that problem soon, knowing how IT acted.

Abraxis would instantly, and we do mean INSTANTLY HUG the good Doctor in worry, now shedding tears....... He would hear a VOICE In his head: "H-help ME..... Please Help me!! get me OUT of this MIND!!"

Edited by princeben07

A very excited voice greeted him as he stood outside.  And the owner of this excited voice was soon bolting towards him with fearsome speed.  It seemed as though she was Abraxis' mother, based on her calling the troubled kid her niece.  Which meant she was likely Avus' mother, seeing as she was comfortably dressed in a half-naked ensemble that screamed that she was the queen of this domain. 

"H-hallo, and thanks," Ouros said curtly as he gazed upon the woman with a curious eye as she explained the situation.  It was somewhat difficult to read her, as while her voice was incredibly enthusiastic, her face was set in a visage of deep worry between her smiles.  Damn...she must have had a lot riding on him, if this was how she felt when someone finally decided to help her niece. 

Eventually they made it inside the house, where his patient was waiting for him.  It seemed she was incredibly afraid, tightly holding onto someone who he assumed must have been her confidant or caretaker.  

However, his attention was slightly interrupted as Avixis continued speaking.  Mainly, concerning that Avus apparently did indeed know a lot about him, and had told her nearly everything he could.  Including that he enjoyed "creepy experiments."  Ugh...that guy was quite the cretin...though at least it seemed he got his mom on board with the payment he would receive once this is all over.  Still, he had to clear something up.

"Now, listen here, Miss...my experiments are a lot, LOT more than just creepy, they are pivotal to mankind's advancement!  And I swear they're only creepy half the time.  And secondly, can you guys read minds or something, because- OOF!"

His questioning was interrupted as his patient, Abraxis, closed the distance quite suddenly to hug him so tightly it felt like his ribs would crack.  Dear gods, these beings were definitely stronger than they looked.  Lords of Avignon help him if one of them decided to pat him on the back, he'd probably end up in the hospital with a spinal fracture.  

Currently, he was more concerned that he now heard a voice in his head that wasn't telling him to blow something up.  No, it was begging him to "get me out of this mind."  Whatever that meant.  But if his hypothesis about these people being able to read minds was correct, then that must mean...

"Abraxis?  Was that you?  In my head just now?"  He then looked towards her aunt, pushing himself out of his own startled state to gently hug the poor girl back, attempting to calm her down as best he could.  "Do you folk communciate with telepathy?  I know you can speak normally...but she...does she speak?  Does she refuse to, or was she born mute?"  He had to be honest, he had a lot of questions for both Abraxis and this strange family trying to get her well again.   But he would start with the basics.  That, and he didn't want to dig too deeply, in case what he learned would affect his payday.  All he had to do was cure her and he'd get it, not a lot else to it, it was that simple.

Though...he wasn't exactly sure what he could even do...if the previous doctor had left her, it must have meant he thought she was a basket case.  What could Ouros even do for this girl that an actual medical doctor could not?  He bit his lip, falling silent.  Given how serious this seemed to be, he'd at least have to try.  If he didn't succeed, it would be a shame.  But mysteries like this were what Ouros lived for, and he would love to see what seemed to be a bright, young girl get fully back into life once more.  At this point, he was committed.  He wouldn't be leaving this house until she was back on her feet. 

After Avixis or Abraxis' caretaker explained about the telpathy, if they chose to, Ouros would then start what he hoped was a process to healing.  "So....uh...do you all have a couch or something, I feel like we should sit down for this.  I have a feeling it will get a bit personal over these next few hours.  But rest assured....I'll do all in my power to help.  I'm here for you, Abraxis.  Now...if you all would...please start by telling me what exactly happened to Abraxis to leave her in this condtion?"

Abraxis then spoke into his mind yet again, "Yes that was me. I don't talk verbally because well, I will explain everything once we sit down for a spell then."

Avixis then would guide the good Doctor over to the Couch of the large Living Room, having already stepped inside of the large mini-mansion. She was to help to sit Abraxis down, as Lady Argon nodded to her as well.

"Oh, uhm, I am Argon Stairwell; just call me Argon Dr. Ouros. Uhm, where do I start? It's rather complicated though. Uhm.....Abraxis, can you tell him what's going on for the second time please? Oh just wait for her telepathy to broadcast in the open Doctor so that everyone in this room can hear her. Go ahead Abraxis." said Argon, who was now pouring herself a nice glass of Ambrosia. This was quite the day thus far.

"Alright Argon. A-hem........my mom had my Vocal Chords stitched shut when I was about six years old. I can't talk on a verbal level; the mere sound of my voice causes anyone who is within one hundred miles radius for their ears to BLEED. I know that sounds quite ridiculous, but it's true. They have records of it and everything. I was beaten, raped, molested and tortured all while I was in this Asylum. Mother thought that I was just one bad Apple and had be committed there. I dropped an entire House on someone, Set a School on a Spiritual Fire that is STILL burning to THIS day, amongst a plethora of other things. I'm afraid of my own Shadow sometimes, thinking that something evil is going to get me one of these days. I just want to learn new things...like how to bathe myself or how to I don't  know...SMILE for once. I want to know what it's like to date a guy for once and not be judged by my plethora of abilities that still sleep within me. My dad still talks with me every now and then, though I have to have someone else write letters to him or he has to come to a place where my telepathic abilities work without scaring the living shit out of everyone else that are around me. My telepathy works off and on, and I want to learn how to concentrate it so that I can use it on the fly without having to struggle so damned hard. Argon is my Conduit, or my caretaker, for sure, but I miss the ONE who was always there for me, no matter what: Lord Graymite Anthine Jones. He was trained ever since he was EIGHT years of age to be my Permanent caretaker and trainer, but he got called away for other assignment.

I cry A LOT!!! Let me tell you, when you have so many abilities like I do, you tend to go through plenty of handkerchiefs. Being able to manipulate Pulsars in Space isn't very easy, but my Graymite taught me much. After he left, I fell silent....I broke down...I hardly eat and I have this nauseated feeling in my chest for twelve hours straight. I can't eat, I just cry and sleep a lot. I don't even know how to defend myself anymore. I don't like harming people, so I just take the punishment from everyone, save for Master Benaires, Avus, Auntie Avixis, Rebecca and a few other people who deem it to try to help me out. And that is how my life has been in a nutshell. Ever since I was about six years old. Hell, I don't even know how I am OFFICIALLY."

Suddenly the Living room Phone began ringing out loud. Avixis smiled at everyone, now going to answer the device. "Hello, this is the Wife of the House, Avixis?"

"Hey there baby sitter!!!! How is it going?" Said the voice on the other end of the phone.

"Oh my goodness!!!! it's YOU!! Well, you sure picked a FINE time to call right now. Hold on!!! Abraxis....I THINK there is someone on this phone for you...I'll bring you the handset dear." Avixis said, now giggling a bit. Abraxis shrugged her shoulders at everyone for now. She hardly ever got a PHONE call, save for a few  Psychiatrists that were checking up on her mental behavior.

Although she could not speak verbally, the phone was synced to a keypad that was next to a rather large, 47-inch Computer Monitor, where she could type out what she had to say.

(Abraxis type up to 145 WPM) "Hello? Who is this?" She typed out in curiosity.

"M'Lady!!!! Oh it's good to see you're still getting treatment. It's Graymite. How are you doing M'Lady?" Chriped out a voice over the Speakerphone.

Abraxis placed her hand over her chest, now starting to cry in BIG relief, "Gray, it's YOU!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I miss you SOOOOOOOOOOMUCH my love. When are you coming back to me? And yes, I have a NEW friend. His name is Doctor Ouros. My therapy starts today!!!"

"I will be back TODAY!! Lord Benaires is filling out the last of the paperwork. How about dinner later? Now mind you, I STILL have to take you to the Office to get you re-registered. You are going to have TWO CONDUITS taking care of you and upgrading your training, so-ordered by the Chief. Dr. Ouros is going to be SWIMMING in Materials and Research Data, along with his Stipend of course. There is an information packet in the Den for him to mull over and to keep for his new Data Sheets in the morning. I know that he is teaching at the School, so he will be your brand-NEW Therapist and Doctor to help treat your aching feet as well. I've already talked with the School Dean, The Principal about everything, as Argon will be a registered Nurse and Co-Therapist under Dr. Ouros to help with daily activities. I have to fill out A boondox of paperwork for the new Geostratum, as I am officially upgrading myself to Master Conduit. After fifteen years of paperwork and people treating you badly, they are going to go BAT-SHIT Crazy when they see my new Uniform. Dr. Ouros is going to help with your Social Training, as you're a bit complicated for even ONE Conduit. I will give you all of the details when I get there M'lady. Is that feasible?" he said, now waiting for his Charge's response. Abraxis wiped the tears from her face, now leaping on the good Doctor for coming in to help her out as well.

"YES!!! That is fine Gray!  Dr. Ouros is Dragon-looking, but I KNOW he can help me. I'm not letting him out of my sight for a MINUTE save for teaching at the School.  I will see you SOON Gray.  I have ssssooooooooooooooo much to tell you when you arrive here,  alright my love?"  Abraxis quickly typed out in retort.

"Alright then....now pay attention M'Lady, as we have discussed previous number of times. You tell the Doctor if something is bothering you, understand?" Graymite said, giggling a bit.

"You got it my love!!! I will see you for Dinner, say around seven or so okay? That would be perfect. I'll see you soon."

Ouros would take a seat, mentally preparing himself for when Abraxis felt comfortable to unleash a heavy load of emotional baggage.  She obviously had quite a bit.  Given what he had heard of her, she seemed to have quite a bit of it she needed to get off her chest.  He would nod towards Argon as she spoke before  introducing himself to all present as he had to Avus for formality's sake, but it seemed as though everyone in the room knew plenty enough about him anyways to prevent him from going beyond that.  He was more interested in hearing what Abraxis had to say...or, telepath...telepathize?...yes, that was a decent word for it, telepathize.  Whatever she had to telepathize, Ouros definitely wanted to hear it.

And boy did she have a lot on her mind.  He took the mistake of drinking from a bottle of water he had with him just as she began, only to nearly choke on it as she said her fucking vocal chords got stitched shut when she was six.  Even if the last tidbit about her talking causing ear damage or something was a decent enough reason for her mom, it certainly wasn't for Ouros.  In fact it pissed him off more than anything...gods almighty.  Did anyone here know how to care for a child?  Punishing them for having incredible abilities wasn't at all a good way to raise one.  Even he knew that much...as cold as his own parents were to him for most of his life, at least they didn't punish him for being a nerdy alchemist in school.

Abraxis continued to mentally vent, telling of what seemed to be incredible feats of psychokinetic prowess.  Though it did seem somewhat unbelievable to him...having so many people in one room that believed her wholeheartedly had chipped down his doubt to a manageable level.  What was the word he had heard somewhere before...idiot savant?  Abraxis struck him as one of those folk.  But the emphasis seemed more to be on the savant than the idiot, judging by how articulate she was.  She just seemed...hurt, deep down, more than anything else.  Cripplingly so.  And as she continued to speak of what essentially amounted to the loss of her family and closest friends over the years of her losing her very identity as a sentient being, he could tell that she definitely felt like a monster.  Nothing more than a vessel for extraordinary, uncontrollable power.  

However, there seemed to be hope for this girl as she continued speaking.  This Graymite she mentioned, and then gushed over so fervently...he would likely end up being the key to her recovery, in Ouros' probably-unprofessional opinion.  He likely was the breakthrough she required.  But, then again, all of this trauma wasn't going to be undone immediately.  And judging from Abraxis' sentiments, it seemed as though she simply wanted to be independent and normal.  Relying on...Conduits?  Interesting name for a caretaker, but whatever the word she used, relying on them wasn't going to get her any happier, he surmised.

His thoughts on the situation were interrupted when a phone rang.  Hearing a chipper, male voice on the other end, and seeing on the monitor what Abraxis was typing in response, Ouros caught on that it seemed to be this Gray he was talking about that was on the other end of the line.  She really did have a massive crush on him...calling him her love and all.  But, hey, if someone was by your side caring for you 24/7, being a shoulder to cry on in times of need...it wouldn't make much sense not to have a loving relationship.  Heck, Ouros was starting to like him a lot too, as he seemed to be totally down with getting him some materials and funding for his research.  Damn, this guy probably knew his way around everyone's heart.   He was almost surprised that Gray couldn't just fix Abraxis on his own.

But then again, he seemed like more of a love interest than a caretaker now.  Perhaps this is why Avus dragged Ouros into this; he could provide a sorely-needed third-party opinion from someone outside the situation to analyze things more logically, provide solutions others may not have thought of yet.  It seemed that Gray had the same idea, as Ouros was now named a licensed therapist and a podiatrist in one fell swoop!  Hopefully no one cared that he had no certifications to speak of in either field...but screw it, if these people placed their trust in him, he wasn't going to let them down.

He grunted as Abraxis once again felt the need to jump up on him and hug him nice and tight.  At least she had the decency to call him dragon-looking while unintentionally abusing him...finally, for once, someone complimented his looks today.  He didn't down approximately 24 potions with unknown effects to get just any kind of body, y'know.  In between wheezing for air, he'd hug the Invectium gently.  "No...problem...but...please...need air!"

He'd straighten the collar of his labcoat whenever Abraxis stopped squishing him, smoothing it out as he considered the situation for a moment.  "Abraxis...I think this is just the motivation you need to get started on taking control of your own life.  Hear me out, if you will."

The dragon-like scientist would then sit up to look at Abraxis, occasionally glancing at everyone else in the room.  "I gather you and this Gray of yours are quite close.  And if you want to go to dinner with him...then the simple fact of the matter is, you're going to have to get yourself ready.  Which includes bathing, dressing yourself, and keeping a calm mind to keep your powers under control.  Now, beyond the ridiculous capacity to squeeze me in half with that strength you possess, I really haven't seen you do much damage...which means that I think it's possible for you to go out safely with loose supervision, just on the outskirts to make sure nobody tries hurting you or something like that, which would let you have some time with Gray as privately as possible given your circumstances."

He then leaned forward, raising a hand to rest his head upon as he stroked his chin pensively, before looking directly into Abraxis' eyes.  "I think...the first thing we need to do is to get you ready and mobile.  I know it might be a little nerve-wracking once we actually get outside, but I think we can start small, right here.  Baby steps.  One small victory after another.  Are you willing to try and learn how to take care of yourself?  Because, I will say this.  If you aren't able to prepare yourself for a dinner with your beloved, then I really don't feel comfortable with you leaving the house without tight supervision.  Which will entail me or Ms. Argon, probably both of us sitting right next to you.  Literally.  Just killing the vibe.  And I think you want your time with Gray to be a biiiit more special than that, mm?  So, whaddyou say?"

Ouros hoped he didn't sound threatening after the fact...but then again, having ultimatums offered to trauma victims is what happened when you hired someone without a psychology degree to be a therapist.

Edited by Chemister_Kaane

Abraxis then took a deep breath; doing something by HERSELF? Geez, she sure knew how to get herself into a pickle. Then the madness began...the flashbacks of the rapes, the people laughing at her while she cried, wheezed and begged for them to stop sodomizing her each time. She remembered the acid, the flames and even the Water Torture being done to her while in that cursed Asylum. After letting Dr. Ouros go, she then stood up, looking around in a panic....unable to see who was her friend or enemy now!!! She bolted over to Avixis, placing her hand around her Aunt's neck, picking her up into the air with a single lift, with the intent of trying to choke her own AUNT to death!!

Avixis could see the blood run from Abraxis eyes again; this had happened before!!!

"Shit!!!! A-Ab-b-bRa--------xis......calm down sweetheart....no one's going to .....hurt you!!" Avixis had tried to chirp out while gasping for air. Argon ran over to Abraxis to try to calm her down. "Dammit!! NOT AGAIN!!!" Argon yelled out in protest. Books, furniture and even Dr. Ouros would now suddenly begin to levitate without fail!!! Avus had come from ITS room, only to see this horror yet again. This had occurred when she first arrived, only a few days ago!!!! What in the hell was torturing her inside that no one else could see? Strange......

Avus then bolted over to ITS cousin, coming up from behind, only to embrace her in a hug..trying ITS best (Avus is not male nor female: Avus is considered a neutral sex; an IT) to bring her back to reality. She then just snapped out of it, dropping her aunt like a bag of Potatoes, coming back to herself!!!! Abraxis was crying bloody TEARS!!! Dr. Ouros was going to have his job cut out for him obviously. These violent episodes had to stop or she may end up KILLING someone someday, for which she had already previously-mentioned that she did not want to do yet again.

Avus would then walk over to the Dining Room Cabinet, opening the doors as there were medicines, Syringes and all types of things inside. IT would prepare a nice Syringe of Thorzine to give her so she could rest a bit. Abraxis was upset, and she didn't know what else to do about it, but sleep it off for a few hours. She walked over to Dr. Ouros, looking completely helpless. One could see it in her face, "What am I even doing ALIVE?" Not saying anything, Avus would roll back of the  left sleeve of Abraxis' blouse, now injecting her with a mind-numbing 100CC's of Thorzine/Astenite Solution. Abraxis would suddenly collapse right into her cousin's arms!!! Avus then spake out to Dr. Ouros, "And this is exactly WHY I want you to help us with this situation. You just saw what she goes through every single day. Follow me upstairs please; we have much to talk about Dr."

Avus then picked his cousin up, carrying her up the flight of stairs. Avixis was now cleaning up the scattered things that had been strewn all about in the living room from the Episode. Rebecca ran out of the bedroom to help Avus get Abraxis into bed. Avus removed her socks, and her shoes, now pulling the sheets back from ITS own bed, gently laying the confused and violent cousin into the bed. IT placed a few pillows in front of her and two to support her head while she rested. Rebecca would then pull the curtains closed for both of the Bedroom Windows.

She sighed in doubt, "Another violent one huh Avus? Dammit...I thought she was getting better!! What are we going to do about this bird-brain?"

Avus then walked over to the closet to get itself something to drink. IT had  mini-fridge custom bolted to the back wall of the closet. "I am not sure about how to deal with it myself, but something has to be done about those flashbacks Becca, and soon. Well, Dr. Ouros, you may as well have a seat in that Bean Bag Chair while we try to further explain all of this to you. Do you want something to drink sir? Ambrosia is quite the clutch around here for us. We never know WHEN Abraxis is going to lose it again. What could be triggering this in the first place I wonder though? it's as if all of this started back when Graymite first teamed up with her...."

Edited by princeben07

Ouros somewhat froze, sinking into his seat on the couch as far as he could possibly go as Abraxis began to be taken over by her traumatic memories, lashing out at her aunt with nearly-lethal force.  At least, he tried to slink back, before he began to feel himself being lifted up by what he could only assume was this girl's dangerously powerful telekinetic ability.  Instinctively he reached for a satchel at his side, wherein laid a few safely-stored, but highly dangerous and volatile potions he often utilized for self-defense.  Unfortunately, they tended to be either irreparably damaging or room-filling...neither of which would help the situation.  He could only  hover in midair, waiting for her to eventually calm down. 

Eventually, she did, thanks to quick thinking on Avus' part, hugging its sis tightly.  Though the episode lasted only a minute or two at most, it had felt much longer.  Ouros only watched, his mouth agape in surprise and quite a bit of fear as he stared at Abraxis while she came back to reality.  To his later chagrin, he flinched and pushed farther back into the sofa as the bloody-eyed girl came towards him, barely able to breathe from the fear coursing through his veins.  He had no words of wisdom to answer her pleading with either, simply remaining frozen in terror.  Mercifully, her cousin seemed to know what to do.  Just a little prick with a syringe, and she was out, slumping over in her cousin's arms.  At least she could rest some now, while Ouros and everyone else in the room gathered their bearings.

He gulped, then coughed as he felt the dry insides of his throat rub against each other.  No wonder no one wanted to help this girl; even without the cold heart of a serial killer, she could easily end up being one just the same.

The doctor didn't notice at first, but eventually he registered that Avus was calling him upstairs.  He picked up his things, bidding a quietly-uttered farewell to the others in the room with him before following it to its room.  He had to admit...as fascinated as he was with Abraxis' abilities, her condition terrified him in equal measure.  For once, he didn't know if he would be able to actually tackle this problem.  It wasn't like he was dealing with some non-sentient test animal or a closed system that he could alter the variables of at his leisure...this was a person.  A person with potentially cataclysmic power resting within her, especially if the whole pulsar thing she mentioned earlier was accurate.  Ouros would have to look at this scientifically, for sure, but he could not follow the same procedures he normally would.  

Although part of him wanted to bow out right here and now, just get the fuck out of dodge back to his own world...he found that he couldn't.  A sense of compassion and a compulsion to solve this unsolvable puzzle kept him from saying that, even as he watched some other individual and Avus put Abraxis in a bed and got her comfortable.  He had to give it a shot.  Honestly, if he could do nothing for her, he wouldn't mind taking only what he felt was acceptable hazard pay for dealing with a ticking telekinetic time-bomb up close and personal.  But he wouldn't give up on her yet.  Not by a long shot.

He would step into the room and accept Avus' offer to sit, for the moment ignoring the back part of his mind realizing that he'd never actually sat on a beanbag before (and noticing how bloody comfortable it was).  There would be more important things to discuss right about now.

The alchemist waved his hand and shook his head in response to Avus' second offer.  "No thank you, though I appreciate it.  I prefer my mind to be unaltered in my work.  I'll need all my faculties at full capacity if I'm to help with your cousin, at any rate.  If you've got anything in there that doesn't impede your thinking, then I'll take it, thanks."  He would then sigh, leaning back some in the beanbag as he finished calming himself down from earlier, offering a tired wave of greeting and a half smile to Rebecca. 

He would then listen to Avus' musings, paying full attention though his lazy body language suggested otherwise.  As such, he was quite surprised when he heard his insinuation about Graymite.  "Oh?  Well...this Gray chap, was he responsible for Abraxis' well-being while she was committed to the asylum?  Or perhaps, do you know something I don't about him?  I will say though, no matter what, there's no way in hell she's going out to dinner like this.  And until I see this Graymite's credentials and talk to him in person, I'm thinking that he should remain away from Abraxis, in case your suspicions are correct."

He tapped the side of his cheek, leaning on his elbow as he rested it to his side on the beanbag.  Through all the chaos...he had thought of something that he had once tried to forget.  But, it seemed like it was salient information.  "But...I'm going to take a wild guess and say my understanding of the situation is old news to you folk...but...I think...this reminds me of something I saw a few years ago.  For a short time, about a month, I accidentally found myself working for an army as a medical alchemist.  I got magical poultices and potions and all that sort of junk ready for soldiers when they were wounded, to either save their lives or get them in fighting condition.  I remember the last day, the day I just straight up left...I remember seeing this one soldier, halfway getting his armor back on after I treated him for some third degree burns.  Some childish moron from the infirmary came at him while wearing his helmet, to give it to him after spooking him...the patient just lost it.  He... screeched about an incoming charge and tipped over another patient's bed while the guy was still in it.  Guessing he was using it as cover.  But unfortunately he had his crossbow on him...and he just grabbed it...he fired it right at that kid with the helmet.  Some of the others in the ward managed to take him down right after...but there was nothing anyone could do for the guy he hit.  Was a perfect shot, straight through the heart.  Massive hemorrhaging, blood everywhere.  Probably died before he hit the ground."

Ouros covered his mouth, biting down on a finger nervously before continuing.  "I've seen people die before.  I've killed in self-defense.  But that wail I heard when this soldier came to and realized what he did...sent fucking chills down my spine.  Straight chills.  Broke my heart then and there...I had to leave afterwards, just after that alone.  Turned out the two were squad-mates, and he was probably just coming back to wish him well...dammit all..."

He then shook his head a bit, before bringing himself back to the present.  "At any rate...the important thing is, the remorse that soldier felt was genuine, and there was no magical residue on him from a charm or whatnot.  He just straight up didn't know what he was doing.  It's documented a bit here and there, and the more well-educated forces in my world know about it well enough.  They call those folks "war-haunted", where I'm from.  Probably has a different name here.  But sometimes people traumatized in battle just...think they're in it again.  They go into fight or flight, everything they see is an enemy, including their friends.  I'm guessing based on what Abraxis has said of her abuse, she's experiencing something similar."

The alchemist covered his eyes with the hand he was leaning on, continuing to speak.  "Now...if that's the case...and she has these episodes constantly...then that means something either in her or outside of her is constantly taking her entire mind back to when she was tortured.  I...partially wanna say that the best thing for her would be to somehow erase her memory of the events entirely.  But then if it somehow comes back, it'll just be like re-opening an old wound even deeper than it was before.  I know we need to figure this out but...guh...for now I'm honestly stumped...I'll probably need to observe her for a while.  And in the meantime, definitely figure out how to keep these events from triggering.  It might have had something to do with what I said...me giving her that ultimatum...or just telling her to do something herself or something...I dunno...I dunno..." he held his face in his hands, sighing, hoping that he hadn't actually caused it.  If they really wanted his help, he'd stay.  But he'd have to be extraordinarily careful that his presence wouldn't do more harm than good for this poor girl.  

"Hmm.....this is very difficult to determine Doc. Without Graymite around, she is s nervous wreck. I wonder if it WOULD be a good idea to have him around her again. Oh I don't know....She seems to have her faith in humanity shattered when Gray isn't around," Rebecca began, now pouring herself some Ambrosia as well. She continued on, "Graymite is my brother and I've always known him for doing the right thing, such as helping little old ladies cross the street, then having to come BACK to get lady Abraxis ehehehe.....He is a pleasant one to be around; always full of concern, brightness and cheer. it's almost as if he isn't human at times, but he has a Heart bigger than this house at times. I just hope we can cure her once and for all and try to get her back into Society or whatever. I don't know......" She then sighed, turning her head to look at the young girl sleeping peacefully.

"I am not going to assume that having Graymite around her is a bad idea though. Although she IS my cousin, I've only known her for a few months now since we just recently met. Mother Unit usually helps her bathe an the like, since I am always out of the house often running errands for family. But I do believe that having Graymite around would raise her spirits  much more than right now. Whatever it is that is making her emotions unstable, I'm sure that with time, Graymite is going to begin to question his loyalty to her is all. Let's see what we know thus far;

Something scared the hell out of her while she was at that God-forsaken Asylum; something to the point that it keeps playing over and over again in the recesses of her mind to the point that she keeps lashing out, not being able to fully determine friend from foe obviously. That is a given. Next up, all of these abilities that aren't even listed in her report keep manifesting themselves to the surface and we don't have a clue as to what all she is capable of performing or demonstrating on the fly. I can remember her sniffing at one of the Company's Employees, telling this person that he smelled of Anti-matter. The Furball took her into the kitchen to scold her, telling her that she was NOT some kind of a hound and that she did not have to sniff at people so rudely. What else does she know that she is not telling us to the full extent so that we can properly diagnose her afflictions? Hmmm...."

Avus said, as IT fixed the sheets on Abraxis to keep her as comfortable as possible. Suddenly, some shouting could be heard downstairs.... a few voices....three male and two female.

"You CAN'T go UP there!!!!! STOP!!" yelled out Argon.

Two rather large men in White Lab Coats came rushing in to the bedroom, armed with Syringes and Medical tools of some kind. Avus was to stand up, placing ITS Arm out in both directions, dropping his drink immediately.

"Now WAIT just a minute!!! What is all of this about? My cousin is tired and is asleep!! Who ARE you anyways?" Avus snapped out in a most hateful tone.

"We are here for the girl; we represent the Vistage Neurological Treatment and Facility. We detected a strange anomaly coming from this home and were sent to aquire the girl for further testing. Now stand aside!!!" said the larger man in the White Lab Coat.

"You WANT to die up here? My Cousin is NOT going ANYWHERE!!! She has someone to help treat her already!! Tell them Dr. Ouros!!!" Avus exclaimed loudly. IT wasn't about to lose ITS Cousin to some maniacs...not again.

"That will be QUITE enough everyone!!!" Said a very calming voice from behind the two men. He was dressed in a Gray cloak with a hood on the back. On the upper right corner of the Cloak read the words, "Level R-1: Graymite Anthine Jones IV." It was Lord Graymite finally and he had arrived much earlier than anticipated!!! The two men in White backed up in utter FEAR; Graymite Anthine Jones IV was no one people wanted to question nor disrespect in any shape, form or fashion. He was known in many places, especially in the Earthian Realms.

"Abraxis is MY charge Gentlemen, and she needs treatment right here at home. She will not be leaving these premises on any requests. Rebecca, be a dear and get some sign-out sheets from the other room across the hall so that I can sign these two out please, would you? Avus, put your arms down; she is not going anywhere on that medication that you gave her. To move her will cause more damage than good. Dr. Ouros, could you be a God-send and check her vitals for me please? We have to keep track on her Heart rate  in all to make sure that she is resting up as best as we can provide for her. Avus is my assistant Medical Officer, as well as Rebecca. Dr. Ouros here is Abraxis' NEW Therapist and only HE can determine what is BEST for my Charge Gentlemen. Vistage Treatment Facility has no business interfering with Outpatient Therapy. As an individual Occupational Therapist and a Conduit that represents Saint Claire Medical Center, I cannot allow for the two of you to disturb this young girl's sleep. She is very tired and has had a very trying day for her first day of School. Thank you Rebecca. Alright David, you sign off here, and you Sign off on that line Richard. Everything is under control over here. Dr. Ouros is just making some new observations before he can do a full set of Diagnostics, isn't that RIGHT DOC?" Graymite turned to him, now WINKING once at Dr. Ouros, expecting for him to respond exactly how he had set the entire conversation up in the first place.

Rebecca interjected with her answer as well, "Uhm, yes that's right!! Dr. Ouros is briefing everyone about what the next set of tests will be to properly diagnose the patient. Trauma like this doesn't happen often, but  I'm sure that Dr. Ouros can come up with a fine solution for as much as he is charging us that is!!! I'll go and check on the other Data sheets downstairs Graymite; they should be done printing out."

Avus sighed a big relief; Graymite had returned to take charge and to help everyone find out what the hell could be bothering Abraxis.

"Well, since you are here Lord Graymite, we will make the proper reports as a false alarm then sir. Dr. Ouros, we sure hope you can come up with a powerful Diagnostic test for the girl. We are very sorry; please excuse us while we return to the main Office then." Said David, who seemed to be quite embarrassed as it were.

Avus walked over to Graymite, shaking his hand in thanks, then blerting out, "You are ONE hell of a Bullshitter you know that Gray?"

Graymite giggled, "I wasn't bullshitting; I got you a job as my Medical Officer. Your kit is on the way tonight by Express mail. Got Rebecca a job as well with Dr. Ouros. If we are going to fix Abraxis, we all may as well get paid for it. Don't you think that's a bit better? Master Benaires set everything up months ago. Now why don't we let Lady Abraxis rest and go on down to the Den and have something to eat while I finish breaking things down to Dr. Ouros here. As these two can vouch for me, I AM the original Sin of the hate, Lord Perry Axis Graymite Anthine Jones the fourth. I was trained to be Lady Abraxis Conduit and Caretaker ever since I was only eight years old. I'm seventeen nowadays, or however I decide to age myself. there is much to talk about Dr. Ouros; I am sure that you are quite curious as to why she is having these violent episodes and what we all can do to finally alleviate them. I was almost in the process of helping for her to over come this, but alas I was called away for other matters, as ordered by Master Benaires. he will be here soon to check on Abraxis as well. This is rather complicated, as we really don't know just when she is going to lose it again.

Alas, I blame myself for being gone away from her for so many months that she really cannot function without me. Co-dependency is quite the issue at hand here, but Abraxis always finds a way to snap back in her own little way somehow. Come, let's allow for her to recuperate her energy. I'm sure that many of you have a ton of questions and I will do my best to try to fully answer them." Graymite leaned over to touch Abraxis' forehead, now chanting something to her that was quite unintelligible. Abraxis' face changed from worry to a slight HINT of a smile!!!

"Holy shit, she smiled Gray!!! That's creepy as fuck!!!" Said Rebecca, as she was to begin to head down the stairs and towards the Den.

"Hey....Gray, what did you JUST say to her? Even with MY hearing, I couldn't make things out....come out with it man!!!" IT demanded.

"Huh? oh, I simply told her how long was she planning on being a spoiled brat now that I have returned? it's an inside joke that tends to make her try to smile...nothing major to worry about. People......Let's go and have something to eat, I'm FAMISHED!!! Being a Conduit is tough!!!"

Edited by princeben07

The doctor would quietly listen to Rebecca and Avus, nodding and jotting down salient information on a notepad he had brought with him in his satchel.  There was a lot going on with Abraxis, and he was still a little unsure about Gray...but at least Rebecca and Avus seemed to have some kind of confidence in Graymite.  Based on their accounts, he seemed faultless as a caretaker.  Still, Ouros did want to meet him straight up, so he could make his own determination on the subject.  Nothing quite matched in-person

After they both had finished, Ouros gave his thoughts on the situation.  "Well...if she's not giving us absolutely everything on it...then I have a feeling we can try our hand at something in regards to that.  I know of a little concoction derived from sphinx blood called PFYT...Penny For Your Thoughts.  Dumb name, I know, but us alchemists get bored a lot with our scientific naming conventions.  Anyways, kind of compels people to expound upon a subject endlessly with no mental filtration, especially in regards to opinions, but it will work just as well with memories.  I think I have just enough of that for one dose on me...just need to make it and give it to her.  The effects should last for a few hours, and it'll just help her to talk about it in full.  If we combine it with something to keep her calm, so she doesn't enter a fit of rage or anguish...then we might get the answers we need to crack this once and for all.  Because I have a feeling there might be something deeper than simple trauma that's causing this."

He then raised his head up, straightening in his seat as his ears twitched.  Something was going on downstairs.  A disagreement that sounded profoundly hostile in nature, whatever it was.  But there were definitely some unfamiliar voices in the mix.

The voices would make themselves known as two burly men burst in through the door, attempting to make their way to Abraxis until they were stopped, and stated their purpose as representing some random neurological facility trying to get a hold of the poor kid for testing purposes.  Probably nothing good, judging by their demeanor.

He was all for scientific discovery and whatnot...but not how these buffoons were doing it.  Didn't anyone in this universe know about waivers of consent to experimentation beforehand?  Speaking of which...he probably would have to get Abraxis to sign one eventually...but getting these idiots out of the way was the most important thing to do currently.

The draconic scientist stood up to his full height, the feathers on his scalp reflexively straightening out to become larger, similarly to an aggressive cat making its hair stand on end.  Though his "hair" might have unintentionally started looking ridiculous...the glare in his icy blue eyes was anything but.  "You idiots need to stand down.  Your testing facility couldn't even handle her...especially considering you lot look like you have about as much empathy as a box of rocks.  She needs familiar surroundings and her loved ones around her.  I've been here for like...what, about half an hour, and I already fucking know that much.  So get ye gone!"

They didn't seem like they were budging....at least, until thankfully, somebody who actually seemed to know what was going on showed up.  It was...this Gray person that he kept hearing so much about.  He eyed him suspiciously at first, assuming him to be part of this Vistage group.  But he proved otherwise soon enough, telling the guards off calmly and taking control of the situation seamlessly.  It definitely seemed like he had done this before.

He would back away and take a more protective stance by Abraxis' bedside as he continued to handle the situation.  But then he asked for Ouros to check the girl's vitals.  Vitals?  He remembered during anatomy class about vital organs...did...did he want him to literally inspect this kid's insides?  Even with her alien biology, she probably needed those intact right about now...somewhat confused, he resolved to instead stand around looking important, pressing up and down her torso lightly.  Her organs felt like they were all there at least.  Probably.  Maybe. 

He would then look up as he was very un-subtly called upon by Gray to confirm his new position.  "Uh, yes, quite right, quite right, friend.  I will be serving in that capacity.  Her vitals are good."  

I think, anyway...

Mercifully, this Gray dude managed to get everyone out of the room soon enough, and introduce himself.  Everyone seemed to be relieved he was here...which was good, at least.  He seemed knowledgeable enough about the situation, and he was damned good at making sure things went his way, that was also for certain.  After his introduction, however, he would have to begin speaking to Gray quite frankly, as he was now in charge of the girl's care, according to his statement of being her new medical officer.  "Uh...well, listen.  First of all, I can't just take out someone's vital organs and check them.  And secondly, I'm not actually a medical doctor.  I'm an AlchD, Doctor of Alchemy.  I make potions.  Double double, toil and trouble, and all that?  I mean I do study anatomy and biology but...uh...I have to be honest. I really think you have the wrong guy if you were looking for an actual medical practitioner.  I can probably get her to open up more about what's going on in her head, but other than that, I can't treat anything medically wrong with her.  Unless there's, literally like a physical lesion somewhere in her that I can get fixed with a touch of an Exquisite Healing Potion, anyway."

At the same time, it seemed as though Gray was getting right to his duties, getting her to smile even while she was asleep.  They definitely were close...he would give them that.  He would keep an eye on them if he were still around, but his worries were mostly alleviated by now.

Graymite only looked puzzled:  "Uhm, I'm guessing that you don't know how to measure her Blood Pressure then? It's not difficult you know. I'll show you how Dr. Ouros. Maybe you are just rusty like a few other Doctors that I know. I'm sure you will regain your skills with a bit of practice. You all go into the Den; I'm going to brief Dr. Ouros on a few things very quickly okay?"

Rebecca then hugged Dr. Ouros, smiling a bit. "She is in YOUR hands now Doc!! Fix her up soon, alright?"

Avus shook ITS head, "A Doctor that's an Alchemist......this should be quite entertaining....Whatever...I'm going over to the School to pay for those doors then. The Furball left me with some  Gold Coins to pay for things that I WANT for once......I shall return soon."

Lady Argon would lightly punch Dr. Ouros in the left shoulder playfully....."Let's see what you can do Dr. Ouros. Fix her up soon, alright? I'm going to wash her clothes and check her School Schedule for next week....I'll be back in a bit."

Avixis was sitting on the Couch in the Living room with her head in her hands, trying to figure out what could've caused Abraxis' episode this time. She had tried her best to keep things simple, clean and not remindful of the young girl being in that cursed Asylum again. She did not understand how this could've happened this time, but she was not ready to give up either.

"I'm quite sure that you have a bunch of questions about what is going on thus far Dr. Ouros. So please feel free to ask anything that might help us out here. I myself have various kinds of incantations, spells and the like, but nothing that is in my training can alleviate her symptoms of mental trauma. There is no easy cure for this kind of illness, and it IS an illness, from what my data research seems to show. Come on, I'll make some nice tea while we sit down and go over the aspects of all of this then. Make yourself comfortable then. I will be right back. Avixis will keep you company for now. Excuse me then....." Said Gray, letting off a very cheerful smile of sorts.

"I don't know what else we are supposed to do about her honestly. She has never done that before, and to ME of all people? I'm her Aunt for Christ's sake!!! I wonder what she was thinking? It's as if she wasn't even the same person when she stood up you know? What in the hell could those people in that Asylum have DONE to her to make her act like THAT? I know she is my niece in all, but I don't know much else about her. It's not like she can just tell me vocally you know. I'm sorry Dr. Ouros, I know all of this may be completely foreign to a person such as yourself, and I do appreciate you stopping by to help us all out. Anything is better than just watching her cry from day to day. She seems to have taking a liking to YOU though, and that's very RARE in her case. She doesn't really like meeting new people most of the time. Oh this is just crazy is all Dr."

The doorbell suddenly resounded loudly, breaking Avixis' focus on trying to keep herself together. She immediately got up and strolled over to answer the door without haste. Upon opening it, her eyes widened up!!! it was Benaires and Ptera Invectium, who was also another Invectium of the same species as Abraxis. Avixis smiled for a moment, then just stood there in total AWE.

"Hey there Auntie!! I knew you all would need more help, so I brought someone else who is of the same Species as Lady Abraxis. This is my other cousin Ptera Invectium. She is Avus' older sister!!!"

"Well good to see you Benaires!! Of course!! Any kind of help will do!! Come in Nephew...please come on in!!! Give your Auntie a hug dear!! Ohhh...it's so good to see you. How is your mother and father doing these days Benaires? Oh and this is Ptera invectium is it? She's rather tall for a teenager you know."

Ptera bowed to her Aunt as she was to let out a slight giggle; she was well over six feet and four inches tall for her age!!! Ptera hugged on her cousin lovingly, waving at Dr. Ouros. She herself had been completely cured of the same mental afflictions by Benaires HIMSELF, but Abraxis would be more difficult than ever. Ben walked on over to Dr. Ouros, extending his left hand to shake up with him in greeting.

"And YOU must be the hot talk of the School. Uhm Dr. Ouros is it? Allow me to introduce myself first. I am Lord Alex Silver Benaires Johnson-DAICHON. Just call me Benny if you like. I'm the future Prince of my race called DAICHONS. If you haven't paid attention to the large statues in the front yard, those are of ME in my true form. Don't call me a Werewolfe; it's an insult. For now, I'm stuck in this human form until I can figure out my reversal spells should I ever study again eheheheh. This is my other cousin Ptera Invectium. She had the same problems Abraxis had, but she's been completely cured. Ptera, say hello dear..."

Ptera wave and smiled at Dr. Ouros, then spake out, "I hear my cousin Abraxis is quite the entertainer these days heheheh....i'm sure if we all focused on how to fix this problem, she will thank all of us a thousand times over. Is anyone hungry? I haven't had any Bird Seed since my stupid father pushed me down the stairs last week. He is SUCH an ass-hat!!!"

Ben turned his nose up on that statement; he wanted to break Ptera's Father neck and shit down his throat for pushing his poor cousin around like that, but he had to keep things civil, save for causing another upset in the Earthian Realm. It was bad enough that Lady Vonoxia was somewhere handling a difficult situation as it were.

"So I hear you don't know how to take someone's Blood Pressure Dr? Are you out of practice or something? How does a Dr. Of Alchemy NOT know how to take someone's pulse? That's the BASIC of the basics you know. Oh nevermind, I'm sure you will get the hang of this soon. Will you be needing a small lab to study in Dr. Ouros? Do you need materials? I'm sure that Avus mentioned that there would be a lot of MONEY in this should you help cure this young girl from this mental state. I mean, I still work with Ptera here, but Abraxis' condition is much, much more complicated. Avixis, here are the keys to his mini-lab on the second floor. I had it converted just for this situation should he decide to take on the job. Doctor, all of your materials, potions and study guides are already in the lab. Avixis will keep your keys for you since we don't want anyone peeking in on your business. You ARE going to help us aren't you Dr? I mean....it would be such a shame for all of that research Capital to go to WASTE now. OH, here is the amount you are going to get if you take on this job. Here..."

Ben would kindly slip a small piece of paper to Dr. Ouros with a mind-blowing amount written down on it!!! Dr. Ouros would probably faint, or CHOKE when he would look at the ridiculous amount on the said piece of paper!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First Lesson: Check!!!

AS of ALL things were slowly coming together, Abraxis was to slowly open her eyes in Avus' Bedroom. She did not move for a moment, having just stirred awake. he felt calm, collective and very well-rested. She was still feeling a bit groggy, bu those were the side effects of being doped up with so many drugs at one time. Leave it to Avus to keep the days interesting. It was towards the evening now, as she would notice the Curtains being closed together for the windows. She was to raise up and lean forward, now yawning and stretching. Something was clicking in her mind, but she could not quite describe it. She then noticed a small table next to the bed which displayed Body Wash, various towels and a Luffa Sponge!! Abraxis had seen these various item before when Graymite used to bathe her. Of course they had their own House while on assignment for The Company. She began to gather her internal thoughts at first, then tried to find a way to think about the items on the said table.

"Okay........Body Wash, Towels, Clothes and a Sponge of some type. I am supposed to do something with these things, but I just don't recall WHAT yet. Come on Abraxis, you should know how to take a shower right? yeah right.....You're such a dummy that you have to get Graymite to do everything FOR you. Well, I might as well try then.....let's see.....Body Wash.....you need water to activate it right? Oh how does it go again? Why can't I remember something so simple? Water......water........Kitchens and Bathrooms........plumbing.....water..........Shower Stalls are in a bathroom!!! right,......Right...... Okay....Where is the bathroom? Think you big dolt....THINK!!!"

She swung her legs around to dangle from the left side of the large bed, now taking in her surroundings. She did not have to do so much thinking before; Graymite did everything FOR her, so she was really trying to gather her bearings a it were. She finally spotted the large bathroom, which was fully furnished with even a Hot Sauna, from what she could recall from her memory. She knew how to remove her clothes with ease, now closing the bathroom door behind her.

"I wish Gray was here: he'd make me laugh somehow, all while talking about how dirty my hair can get at times. I hope he shows up soon. I could almost sense him being right NEXT to me...weird. Okay...next..turn on the Shower. I think it's this knob with the letter H on it I guess." She then turned the knob as the Shower began to dispense hot water. She tried to smile, but it turned into a smirk!!!

"Okay, now I take that Sponge and put the Body Wash on it and stand under the streams of Hot water right? yes, that's it......Alright...okay.......I just scrub my body like this and that....... and then I can rinse right? Wow....My hair is s mess!!!! I'll have to see if Lady Argon and can braid it again for me. Okay, you can DO this Abraxis.....Oh...Where is that guy that smells like Anti-matter? I'll have to apologize to him someday. Where is Master Benaires? he was supposed to be training me as well. Where are my friends? Oh bother..."

By the time Abraxis had been thinking these things to herself, she had taken notice to being dripping wet, but fully-rinsed and smelling very nice!!! She then walked over to the large mirror to look at herself; She was beautiful when she wasn't crying actually. Her hair needed braiding  and styling, but other than that, she tried to smile, now smirking in an evil manner. Now reaching for a Beach Twoel, she wanted to dry herself off completely and put some clothes on for the first time. Argon came into the bedroom to check up on Abraxis and had noticed her not being in the bed. She gasped, but heard someone unlocking the Bathroom door to leave out from it.

"You-you........wow.....Abraxis, you SHOWERED!!! Aww man, that is SOOO good dear!!! Come sit on the bed for a second okay?" Argon blerted out in excitement. Abraxis could not smile, but she let out a slight hint of a snicker, now flouncing over to her conduit, her hair dripping wet with cold water. Argon laughed, now preparing some fresh clothes for her to put on for now.

"I'll dry your hair now okay? I think I can Comb it and leave it down for now. You even learned how to use the all-in-one Conditioner w/Jojaba Oils huh? Very GOOD Abraxis. And Graymite is downstairs.....he wanted to......." She had started, but before she could finish her sentence, Abraxis jumped up off of the bed, wrapping the large Beach Towel around her body and twisting it so that it would not fall down while she moved. She bolted for the door, flinging it Open!!! she ran down the long hallways to the top of the stairs, breathing heavily; she saw the staircase and took a deep breath, now counting the risers for her trip. Speedily running downwards, now turning to the left, she sped her way to the voice in the kitchen, which was Graymite talking to Rebecca. The Kitchen doors flung open, and she ran to her Conduit; her love; her best friend. Gray was talking to Rebecca, when he saw this half-naked female throw her arms around him, hugging him tightly, tears flowing like water. Graymite dropped the Tea cups, only to have Rebecca leap to catch them just in time. Rebecca was astonished that Abraxis had awakened after being drugged with such a strong dose of Thorzine first off.

"WHOA!!!! Well, isn't someone glad to see me hahahahahahahahahah!!! Hi there M'Lady!!! It's good to be BACK Lady Abraxis!!! Okay, okay...I love you too.....stop crying; you're going to soak the Beach Towel you know heheheheheheh....." Graymite giggled while he hugged her back lovingly. Rebecca stood up, laughing as well.

"She must've just woken up. Wait...she SHOWERED????? What the HELL MAN?????" Rebecca shouted out while smiling, wiping her own tears as well!!

Abraxis pulled away from Graymite, trying to talk, wiping tears from her face as well. Graymite only laughed at her; "Hey...slow down........use your Telepathic Prowess to talk. I'm HERE, so you know you can project your thoughts whenever I'm around. Argon can do it as well as your cousin Avus. Slow...down.....why are you half-naked? Abraxis....?"

She then took a deep breath; she had to say something!!!

"When did you get back? You're not leaving me again ARE you Gray? I've been sooo broken-hearted without you. Everyone is treating me like some Idiot Savant. You can fix me right Gray? You can do anything. I-I-I- FINALLY remembered how to Shower and wash my own hair. That's a start right Gray? And did you have to drug me with so much Throzine you dolt? I felt like I was high on Cocaine or something!!! Why can't I remember having an Episode recently? There's so much that I have to tell you that my brain is moving a million miles per second!!!"

Ben came into the kitchen, probably along with Dr. Ouros as well.

"Well, looks like someone remembered how to Shower finally!!! How's it going kid?" Ben said, now opening his arms to her.

Abraxis turned to that voice: She KNEW it was Benaires; the one who showed her how to be kind; the one who taught her her Gorre': The Art of Secret Dismemberment. Abraqxis would kiss Graymite on the cheek, now smirking, only to turn around and run over to Benaires, burying her head into his chest.

"I thought I was never going to see you again Master. Oooh it feels so great that you've returned to finish my training!!!! You feel so warm!!! You have to stop leaving me like that!! Do you know how hard it is to find someone that doesn't judge you for losing bodily fluids from being so nervous at that God-forsaken institution of Education?"

Ben nodded, now kissing her on the head, closing his eyes; Abraxis was like a grown-ass six year old all over again; she had some of her friends back; she had Dr. Ouros to help her out as well. things were really LOOKING up for now, but they had a very log road ahead of them.

Edited by princeben07